Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-29-2001, 01:48 PM #1
JeFf

has been a member for 10 years
horizontal x-chamber?

hi all

i know x-chambers are supposed to be used in a vertical position, what i would like to know is has anyone tried using one in a horzontal position?

My oppinion is if you did it would work but at about 50% efficiency, any other thoughts on the matter?

Jeff
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2001, 02:29 PM #2
rukus
burnout.

the gas would expand the same way...can you support your logic with any real scientific fact?

I play for the --> Reckless Rebels

My Cocker for sale cheap!
Old 05-29-2001, 03:27 PM #3
the.68king
Ancient Member

the whole concept of a x chamber is to provide a place for liquid co2 to be stored so it doesnt go in teh gun, having it horizontal woudl defeat the purpose and just act as a big hose
Old 05-29-2001, 06:08 PM #4
strubbe
Team Predator Young Blood

It doesn't store liquid co2, thatd be completely pointless and unbeneficial lol.. What it does is allow more total area for the liquid co2 to expand into a gas form. A horizontal expansion chamber would work the same as a vertical expansion chamber. If any liquid co2 got into the chamber, it would be spread out more horizontally than vertically like in a normal vertical chamber...
Old 05-29-2001, 10:17 PM #5
the.68king
Ancient Member

your a complete idiot strubb, the entire reason for buyin a x chamber is to keep liquid co2 out of your gun, the x chamber keeps the liquid at the bottom of it and lets it expand at the top, therefor keepin it from goin into the gun at liquid form, thats whty there vertical, so the liquid stays at the bottom, and if your feeble newbie mind wants to sit there and tell me liquid co2 doesnt get stored in a x chamber, play and then unscew your tank and see how much gas is left in teh gun
Old 05-30-2001, 03:13 PM #6
strubbe

Whatever... I've been playing for three years, so I seriously doubt I'm a "newbie"... The liquid in the expansion chamber would sit at the bottom of the chamber, just like it does in a vertical chamber. There would be a higher chance of the gun sucking in co2 after a bit of play though... Liquid CO2 is stored in the tank, and if it's not expanding fast enough, some of it will move to the expansion chamber where it will most likely turn into the gas form... Expansion chambers aren't meant to "store" liquid co2. I don't want any flames with my name going on in it, so im just gonna leave it at that...
Old 05-30-2001, 04:38 PM #7
Aussie Mike
Sexual!

Angry Strubbe is right

This just in from your local Physics major and 10 year player... Strubbe is right.

The expansion chamber is there to let liquid CO2 boil off in to gas. It does not store liquid CO2. The ideal chamber also has fins on it like a heat sink to work better as a heat exchanger. In fact, if a lot of liquid were to enter a horizontal expansion chamber it would have more surface area so may even boil off to gas faster than a vertical mounted chamber. In actual fact the chamber only does anything for small amounts of liquid and only if you are not rapid firing. You will always be better served with a liquid tolerant reg - Palmers Stabalizer comes to mind.

The VM-68 EXC had a front mounted horizontal expansion chamber BTW.

68-King - If you were any kind of man you would appologise to Strubbe for being such an ***.

Peace,
Mike.
AALCD #308
"Shiznaz? Bizomb? Bling-bling? Doesn't *anyone* speak English anymore?"
Old 05-30-2001, 10:33 PM #8
snyiper

snyiper is a Supporting Member
Vert Ex chamber

The vert chamber is not suitable in most applications to be used in a horizontal position due to construction. There is however a horiz chamber that hooks to a remote bottle that is designed to work with a coiled remote to be pretty effecient.
Old 05-31-2001, 03:09 PM #9
strubbe

Thanks for the backup Aussie Mike...