I agree no coaching
This will make player use there skills
Old Man JAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2011, 10:34 AM #86
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Coaching is helpful, but it doesn't take the skill out of a team. PSP/NCPA teams have a lot of talent, coaching is just a bonus.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:09 PM #87
evildeedz
Evil isn't EASY

evildeedz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
evildeedz supports Team VICIOUS
evildeedz supports Pev's Paintball
evildeedz plays in the APPA D5 division
its not that we want it i just want to be prepared if they do go that route , trust me we would rather not have it

Last edited by evildeedz : 01-05-2011 at 12:12 PM.
evildeedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:17 PM #88
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D4 division
Please allow coaching. It makes things interesting.

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
swedishfishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:19 PM #89
Image rkelly
The comeback.....

Image rkelly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Image rkelly is for the Gunfight
No Coaching......

Heres is few guys that were never coached....BOB LONG, BILLY GARDNER, ADAM GARDNER, VU HONG, TOMMY MALMAL (owner of route 40 paintball) GREG MALMAL, RICHIE MALMAL (brothers), DANNY LOVE, (Dyes own DAVE YOUNGBLOOD), BILLY CERANSKI, RENIK MILLER, OLLIE LANG... I could go on forever i played with these guys and never seen anyone of them get coached and they are considered a few of the greastest and the pioneers of the sport i luve. My guess is in 15 year there will be a league of young robots that cant play paintball with out being told what to do. I seen Richie Malmal while playing with Image at World Cup in one of the first airball games ever played in the NPPL LEAGUE shot all 5 Iron Men. Heres the kicker he did it being the only guy left on the field ( 5 on 1) GUESS WHAT HE DID IT WITH OUT COACHING. My point is that if there was coaching i never would of seen one of the best moments in paintball and one of the greats players DO WORK...MAPL PLZ... KEEP PAINTBALL REAL AND THE LEAGUE PURE AND GROWING LIKE IT IS RITENOW....PAINTBALL HAS BIGGER THING TO DEAL WITH RIGHTNOW.....MAPL is a great place to play stay the course MAPL...tHANK YOU GUYS AND ILL SEE YOU GUYS ON THE FIELD

SUPAFLY headbands voted the best by everyone who owens one...PM me for info

SUPAFLY headbands...get one for your dome piece..pm me
Image rkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:09 PM #90
millsan1
fleh

has been a member for 10 years
millsan1 plays in the APPA D4 division
I vote no coaching, except if X Ball is run. The sport is hard enough on inexperienced players. If you allow coaching it just makes it easier for the good teams to be even better. If you are part of a good, or established team, most likely you have extra players, or hangers on that would love to come and coach. you now have solid players with coaching. The converse, you have a new team, or just some friends who want to play. They can barely get enough guys to go. They are at a disadvantage against good teams to start with. you add coaching and they are doomed. Coaching helps the more experienced teams play better. It will drive away any new teams who are toying with the idea of playing tournaments.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:06 PM #91
Image rkelly
The comeback.....

Image rkelly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Image rkelly is for the Gunfight
bumps

I second that bro well put.

SUPAFLY headbands voted the best by everyone who owens one...PM me for info

SUPAFLY headbands...get one for your dome piece..pm me
Image rkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:08 PM #92
swedishfishh

Lol you make coaching seem like it is the worst thing to ever hit paintball...

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 PM #93
notrops99
$sporticus

it is... coachin is runing paintball.. without it you need to have all 3,5,7 guys on the same page together.. not waiting on someone who isnt getting shot at to help you out...paintball is about communication talkling and moving as a unit...not being some coaches pawn on the field.... NO COACHING

LNIB AXE AND GOODIES FOR SALE!!! LOOK HERE!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post71381175
notrops99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:45 PM #94
ZenMike
OX AGGRSSN

ZenMike plays in the USPL
ZenMike plays in the PSP
ZenMike supports our troops
ZenMike plays in the APPA D4 division
I don't think coaching is that big a deal either way. It would also be nice for parents to cheer their kids without risking a penalty and for other spectators to be able to get more involved. Make it a little more of a spectator sport. Maybe more people would show up for events then.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:18 PM #95
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
A lot of posters in this thread seem to be very biased against coaching. It's not taking over paintball in any way. 7-man, 5-man and 3-man are all no-coaching games. The PSP is the only professional league that uses coaching and it's even being cut down there. Bob Long, Oliver Lang and most other professional players did not get where they are without coaching, it's a part of the sport. Bob's segment in Cereal Killerz features him coaching his own team, Ollie plays for the Ironmen and played for Dynasty, two of the most prolific x-ball teams in the sport. Also it's not as if one team has a coach and the other doesn't, it's a completely fair setup. Most of the time a coach will be helping the snake player and his corner; that information still needs to be relayed to the rest of the team through communication amongst the players.

I'm not for or against coaching within the MAPL, but I have been playing class A x-ball in the NCPA for 3 years now and reading some of the remarks in here I felt it necessary to voice my opinion. Coaching is a part of the game; it's not evil or advantageous, it's made for a fast and entertaining game of paintball. If you don't like it, fine, but don't turn it into something it's not. Lots of people who have never played this type of paintball before don't need preconceived notions about how bad a certain style of paintball is to play.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:06 PM #96
swedishfishh

Nypl does coaching too

But kid is correct though, I would really like to see mapl step up to the plate and throw side line coaching into the mix. Maybe only for the 5 man group.

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 PM #97
PB4JESUS627
SoFla

PB4JESUS627 plays in the PSP
PB4JESUS627 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PB4JESUS627 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid View Post
A lot of posters in this thread seem to be very biased against coaching. It's not taking over paintball in any way. 7-man, 5-man and 3-man are all no-coaching games. The PSP is the only professional league that uses coaching and it's even being cut down there. Bob Long, Oliver Lang and most other professional players did not get where they are without coaching, it's a part of the sport. Bob's segment in Cereal Killerz features him coaching his own team, Ollie plays for the Ironmen and played for Dynasty, two of the most prolific x-ball teams in the sport. Also it's not as if one team has a coach and the other doesn't, it's a completely fair setup. Most of the time a coach will be helping the snake player and his corner; that information still needs to be relayed to the rest of the team through communication amongst the players.

I'm not for or against coaching within the MAPL, but I have been playing class A x-ball in the NCPA for 3 years now and reading some of the remarks in here I felt it necessary to voice my opinion. Coaching is a part of the game; it's not evil or advantageous, it's made for a fast and entertaining game of paintball. If you don't like it, fine, but don't turn it into something it's not. Lots of people who have never played this type of paintball before don't need preconceived notions about how bad a certain style of paintball is to play.
i agree! i think mapl/gpl should keep 5 man and 3 man , but they should have xball for d3 at least, they would attract alot more teams that are local who cant afford every psp event, which then will attend the gpl/mapl to play the xball format and possible for them to get a little bit of loot or prizes.
also mapl needs to go back to have rps and dxs not only dxs, when you guys changed that it was stupid since some teams have special deals with the paint companies. just my thought
SYNDICATE #50
PB4JESUS627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:46 AM #98
spypaintball

Annual Supporting Member
spypaintball is for the Gunfight
spypaintball supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Image rkelly View Post
I second that bro well put.
ICDO
North East Ballers
spypaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:38 AM #99
twichyfingerIII

twichyfingerIII has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
twichyfingerIII has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
semi uncapped no coaching. that'd be the lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
twichyfingerIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:30 PM #100
fatboy6969
LULZ:its wat i do things4

fatboy6969 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by twichyfingerIII View Post
semi uncapped no coaching. that'd be the lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Aaah the good old days...
fatboy6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:02 AM #101
minikillersam
what it do baby boo

minikillersam owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
minikillersam supports Team VICIOUS
minikillersam has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
minikillersam has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
minikillersam has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
minikillersam has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
minikillersam is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy6969 View Post
Aaah the good old days...
7 man events that took two days...
minikillersam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:41 AM #102
k2im

When will we see the proposed changes for 2011 from GPL/MAPL? I'm curious to see if there will be different division requirements, a different format, etc.
k2im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:13 PM #103
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
We are working very diligently on all the details. The biggest hold back on the releasing of the details is we are trying to hear what you guys have to say. The players of the GPL/MAPL are the voice of the league. We want to give you guys what you want to play in. So we are reading and listening to what you guys have to say and want.

JUST REMEMBER - We can not make everyone happy, we try to do our best we can. Also, not everyone voicees their opinions here on PBNation. So for example if you see 15 people here say yes coaching and 5 say no, remember that people send us emails and call us and speak to us in person. ALL this goes into the planning and organizing of the league.
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:11 PM #104
fatboy6969
LULZ:its wat i do things4

fatboy6969 plays in the APPA D4 division
I would love to see uncapped semi come back. I understand the point of view of the officials with the need to remove any means of cheating but anyone who has ears or has been around paintball can hear when a gun is ramping, bouncing or adding shots. Also I feel that just like coaching takes away a skill that takes time to learn (making moves without anyone seeing), shooting fast while running or just in general is another skill that was taken away that I would like to see people using again.

Just throwing this out there before someone uses the "leveling the playing field" excuse, I think it is a skill that should be learned just like everything else in the game. If that were the case one could argue that sliding should be banned because some can't do it as well as others.

I also am curious as to your views on the PSP's bigger field and bunkers. Is there any chance of making that happen? I like being able to make a couple moves without ending up on the other side of the field and I'm sure anyone who remembers the old JT bunkers like the big cheese, clamshells, etc. would like to see them make a comeback (or at least something similar).
fatboy6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:18 AM #105
panterajim

panterajim plays in the PSP
panterajim plays in the APPA D3 division
uncapped semi would make people shoot soo much paint and with the economy being in the shape its in and paint prices being as high as they are imo this would hurt alot of teams
panterajim is offline   Reply With Quote