PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-06-2010, 10:36 AM #64
smwpaintball1
whitehead

smwpaintball1 supports Team VICIOUS
smwpaintball1 is for the Gunfight
it might take a little longer but run the points back to back it would make it so much easier on the players and the refs

Quickshot | | OXCC
smwpaintball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-12-2010, 01:40 PM #65
Jinx18
Dynamic

Jinx18 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMike View Post
I'd like to see the MAPL commission one or two official photogs to shoot all the teams and then put everything up in an official album (with non-obtrusive MAPL watermarks of course) as a comp to the players. The per/player cost should be low and it will get a lot of publicity for the league and the teams.
This would be ideal.

Gearbag Sale!!!!!
Jinx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:41 PM #66
II Unsigned II

II Unsigned II is a Paintball photographer
II Unsigned II plays in the PSP
II Unsigned II plays in the APPA D5 division
Cheaper entry fees - Save money for teams to keep them playing the event series. From the first event to the last event. The number of teams that sign up level threw the whole season.

Eye catching prizes - Cash > paint > guns. More teams sign up. The bigger the cash prize for first place. Maybe when you place in the top 4, you get your entry back to play the next event.

Use some old PSP layout - Like from 08 and 07 layouts, that alot of people have forgotten. Keeps things fresh. Some field still have the mini x. Send the layout to different fields to bring in more teams.

MAXL would be nice - But who would play that, and how would you set up those dates to go with the MAPL? Use the same layouts as the MAPL or different ones?

Keep using the APPA - It just works so well. If it isnt broken. Then dont fix it. Simple.

Cheaper fees for the ID Cards - Helps put money back into the pockets of the players.

Media - 2 head photographers. These photographers put the photos on the site. Also have to try to take at lest a picture of every team playing, but the head person of the event has to pay for those photographers. Outside photographers are allowed to be hire by teams, but must pay to get a pass for each event. Also not a outrages amount like 250$. Like 100$.

North south west east division. - Maybe split it up in two division for each division. Play threw 4 events and at the 5th event you play for bragging rights. Just idea everyone can talk about. Keeps the seires different then others.

Format - Ever thought about this. Race to 2 format, but you play back to back points with 2 min break inbetween the points? Picks up the speed of the event. Makes the event go a little quickers. You go home sooner then thought. Just thought.

C.0.R.E # 17
II Unsigned II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:31 PM #67
stalefishsk8er

stalefishsk8er supports Team VICIOUS
stalefishsk8er is for the Gunfight
stalefishsk8er supports Pev's Paintball
to use our own paint whatever it is and make it cheap enough for newer teams to enter since i couldn't play last year since well it cost to much but since I'm a pump player now it would be cheaper for me to play lol
stalefishsk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:10 AM #68
dj red dog

dj red dog plays in the APPA D4 division
When we used to dabble in the CCPL they gave the last place team that made finals free entry into the next event, that was always a nice consolation prize.

Also if you pre-registered AND PAID like a month in advance they gave you a free case of paint, again a nice plus to help cut costs.

I also liked the Race-2 format where we played all games against Team #1 at the same time. It helps in strategy also because you are playing them back to back instead of waiting an hour later and then trying to remember what happened the last time you played them. The refs were also lenient on the "2 minute" turnarounds. It was more like 5 minutes and I don't think they ever penalized a team that was late.

NOTE - I'm not comparing your series to their series, I simply making points that I thought were good.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:03 AM #69
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj red dog View Post
When we used to dabble in the CCPL they gave the last place team that made finals free entry into the next event, that was always a nice consolation prize.

Also if you pre-registered AND PAID like a month in advance they gave you a free case of paint, again a nice plus to help cut costs.

I also liked the Race-2 format where we played all games against Team #1 at the same time. It helps in strategy also because you are playing them back to back instead of waiting an hour later and then trying to remember what happened the last time you played them. The refs were also lenient on the "2 minute" turnarounds. It was more like 5 minutes and I don't think they ever penalized a team that was late.

NOTE - I'm not comparing your series to their series, I simply making points that I thought were good.

Yea but atleast GPL/MAPL has staff that aren't rude to you and make you not wanna come back.

Edited the rude name I used in reference to CCPL staff.

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life

Last edited by swedishfishh : 12-23-2010 at 10:15 AM.
swedishfishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:31 PM #70
ZenMike
OX AGGRSSN

ZenMike plays in the USPL
ZenMike plays in the PSP
ZenMike supports our troops
ZenMike plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishfishh View Post
Yea but atleast ...
You're entitled to your opinion, but if you're repping OACC, Top Gun, and the other companies in your sig, you might want to think about how these kinds of statements reflect on them. I know Rick and most field/company owners appreciate a little more discretion.

Last edited by ZenMike : 12-23-2010 at 09:12 AM.
ZenMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:22 AM #71
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMike View Post
You're entitled to your opinion, but if you're repping OACC, Top Gun, and the other companies in your sig, you might want to think about how these kinds of statements reflect on them. I know Rick and most field/company owners appreciate a little more discretion.
Appreciate a little more discretion? I have said nothing wrong but voice my opinion on the staff of CCPL. I did in fact edit the name of choice I used in respect of what you said. I will not let how they treated us go unsaid though.

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
swedishfishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:03 PM #72
stalefishsk8er

stalefishsk8er is for the Gunfight
stalefishsk8er supports Pev's Paintball
free player ID cards
stalefishsk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:08 AM #73
FBM Oldbridge

any xball next year?
FBM Oldbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:11 PM #74
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dates will be out this week. Stay tuned and make sure you are on the mailing list...www.thegpl.com
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:13 PM #75
phatdw88
Philly Turf Junkies Capt.

phatdw88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
phatdw88 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
phatdw88 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit

WOOT MAPL!
phatdw88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:14 PM #76
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Good start, still would like to hear any information at all about the status of potentially running x-ball.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:09 PM #77
evildeedz
Evil isn't EASY

evildeedz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
evildeedz supports Team VICIOUS
evildeedz supports Pev's Paintball
evildeedz plays in the APPA D5 division
Hey what about the rumor about the psp coaching rule is that going to be in effect??
evildeedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:25 PM #78
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast kid View Post
Good start, still would like to hear any information at all about the status of potentially running x-ball.
We have alot on the plate this year for ideas. It is not a definite but it is also not ruled out.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:26 PM #79
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildeedz View Post
Hey what about the rumor about the psp coaching rule is that going to be in effect??
As of right now it is not on the plate however, we still are working out all the fine details so like the xball, its not definite but it is also not ruled out.

As things are confirmed and released, we will make announcements.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:53 PM #80
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Sounds great, keep up the good work
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:37 AM #81
Image rkelly
The comeback.....

Image rkelly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Image rkelly is for the Gunfight
No coaching plz.

Please just let good players, play there game. Coaching takes that out of the game so please don't let choching salt up the MAPL. The MAPL is great its ran great and should not mess with apart of the league thats not broke. I the MAPL will stay the course of the real paintball way and play with skills not being told what to do. Thank you Pbnation for great place to vent and the MAPL for a league to build and develop mad skills with out the coaching. NO COACHING............THANK U.

SUPAFLY headbands voted the best by everyone who owens one...PM me for info

SUPAFLY headbands...get one for your dome piece..pm me
Image rkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:38 AM #82
Image rkelly
The comeback.....

Image rkelly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Image rkelly is for the Gunfight
Hope...

SUPAFLY headbands voted the best by everyone who owens one...PM me for info

SUPAFLY headbands...get one for your dome piece..pm me
Image rkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:52 AM #83
Glasswurks@verizon.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Image rkelly
Please just let good players, play there game. Coaching takes that out of the game so please don't let choching salt up the MAPL. The MAPL is great its ran great and should not mess with apart of the league thats not broke. I the MAPL will stay the course of the real paintball way and play with skills not being told what to do. Thank you Pbnation for great place to vent and the MAPL for a league to build and develop mad skills with out the coaching. NO COACHING............THANK U.