Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2010, 01:20 PM #64
atomicbadgerman
bewb
 
atomicbadgerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wilmington, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawHammer View Post
Pentosin is expensive. Although not $120 oil change expensive.
I'm not 100% on this, as I'm not particularly well versed in german cars, but Pentosin is that hydraulic fluid stuff, right? I thought it was a 25-30k interval flush/refill on that stuff?

The only reason I have any idea what it is, a friend of mine took his audi to a jiffy lube or some ******* chain shop for a brake check, and the guy put brake fluid into the pentosin reservoir and destroyed just about every seal it came in contact with.

edit to the guy above me - e30/e46 and e34/e60 includes over a dozen cars....
__________________
ST:A We spend $60,000 on maintenance to make sure our garage is full.

Current Car: Centrifugally Turbo-charged 2008 V4 ford.

Also, I have a stock Maxima. It runs 12's

Last edited by atomicbadgerman : 10-04-2010 at 01:23 PM.
atomicbadgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2010, 01:20 PM #65
Joseph Ducreux
 
 
Joseph Ducreux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: France
If money is not a problem?

lol, OK, E30s and E34s can be had for nothing. It's not a stretch to say he could buy 10-15 E30s and E34s for the price of a new A3.
__________________
Disregard females.
Acquire currency.
Joseph Ducreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:21 PM #66
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving
 
akward silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
 has been a member for 10 years
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Ducreux

Holy ****, you're the epitome of a "euro cars are all luxury cars, the interiors of cars made elsewhere blow." fanboy

vs

The second picture doesn't look "10000x nicer" to me. Also, I've seen a hell of a lot of Audis with dead pixels in the LCD screens.

Honestly, I'd get the Audi over the WRX too, but your argument makes no sense.
I agree completely!

Reported for porn (the wrx interior picture)
__________________
+14/-0
2014 Forester XT
2008 335i
OSTT GURU
akward silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:21 PM #67
FL07
On High Alert
 
FL07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
pretty bad picture of the A3 interior, vin. Just saying the grainy picture makes it look worse than it is. However, I completely agree that the A3 is definitely a step below the A4 and other german interiors. It has far more plastic than is typical. A picture can only tell you half the story about a car's interior. It will show you the layout and some features, but it doesn't do a good job of representing the materials.
FL07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:22 PM #68
mobious1
puff puff pass yo
 
mobious1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LA,SOUTHERN CALI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Ducreux View Post
If money is not a problem?

lol, OK, E30s and E34s can be had for nothing. It's not a stretch to say he could buy 10-15 E30s and E34s for the price of a new A3.
well stock they are cheap but if they are tuned with a chip and trubo its all good
__________________
DP G3 -cp reg,cp14 LTD barrel,7thE laser eyes ape OLED empireB 48/50 tank

06 PROSTOCK PUMP,PROTO HOPPER PENUT TANK
mobious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:24 PM #69
FL07
On High Alert
 
FL07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
FL07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:24 PM #70
Joseph Ducreux
 
 
Joseph Ducreux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL07 View Post
pretty bad picture of the A3 interior, vin. Just saying the grainy picture makes it look worse than it is. However, I completely agree that the A3 is definitely a step below the A4 and other german interiors. It has far more plastic than is typical. A picture can only tell you half the story about a car's interior. It will show you the layout and some features, but it doesn't do a good job of representing the materials.
I know what you mean. What I'm trying to say is that just because it's an Audi doesn't mean it's automatically better than every other car, you know? I love fanboys who drive 10-20 year old cars and think they're the **** because they have a BMW or Audi that's worth a fraction of the cost of a new Honda.
__________________
Disregard females.
Acquire currency.
Joseph Ducreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:25 PM #71
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated
 
Pirate Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sussex County
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL07 View Post
__________________
Ogrestrength.com
OgrestrengthPharmacology.com
I starve to live free from fear, to free myself before I disappear, I am forever more than just surviving, this is my life and this life is my diamond.
Pirate Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:26 PM #72
FL07
On High Alert
 
FL07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
yeah, I agree with the main sentiments of your post, I just think that a better quality picture would do the audi more justice. Even though an A3 interior is nothing to write home about. A4 is really nice though, IMO.
FL07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:27 PM #73
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving
 
akward silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
 has been a member for 10 years
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Ducreux

I know what you mean. What I'm trying to say is that just because it's an Audi doesn't mean it's automatically better than every other car, you know? I love fanboys who drive 10-20 year old cars and think they're the **** because they have a BMW or Audi that's worth a fraction of the cost of a new Honda.
I know people like this.

It's really annoying when they talk shot about everybody elses car.

Keep in mind all of my opinions are biased. I own and love a wrx. I picked it over an A3 among other cars, so I don't have as much experience with the A3.
__________________
+14/-0
2014 Forester XT
2008 335i
OSTT GURU
akward silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:33 PM #74
Joseph Ducreux
 
 
Joseph Ducreux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: France
Eh, we all have our biases. For whatever reason, I really like Cadillacs and BMWs. Do I think they're the end all be all car and the only thing that should ever be suggested? No ****ing way, that's the difference right there.
__________________
Disregard females.
Acquire currency.
Joseph Ducreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:37 PM #75
FL07
On High Alert
 
FL07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
BMW > * bro.
FL07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:49 PM #76
jesters22
 
 
jesters22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: new jersey
jesters22 plays in the PSP
jesters22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jesters22 plays in the APPA D1 division
jesters22 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Ducreux View Post
Holy ****, you're the epitome of a "euro cars are all luxury cars, the interiors of cars made elsewhere blow." fanboy

im a fan boy? please. ask any person who drives an sti, and they will tell you the interior is ****, and it is not one of the reasons they purchased the sti.. ask almost anyone who owns an audi and 1 of the reasons will be because of the interior.

the picture you posted up, showed alot of flash on the subaru car, but not alot of goodies, in an audi you always get leather seats, subaru you do not. i love subaru's, i would love to get a wrx wagon if i could.

also, you can not post a picture of a good 2010 subaru interior, and post a crapy grainy pic of an audi. next the a3 is a low model, while the wrx is not. post a pic of a 2010 s4, or 2010 s3, or 2010 rs4 or rs6.. hell even the a4. the a3 is a purpose built car. for someone to own an audi while still being cheap, just like their new a1.. cheap but still looks good. and relatively quick. with all the "euro" goodies.

heres a real a3 picture looks good to me..


edit- i never said just bc its an audi its automatically better, but if you look at the entire model years for subaru vs audi. as a hole audi has had nicer interiors. so my argument is valid. almost all cars of all makes in the past 2 -3 years have been designed with nicer interiors then they used to. but for example take kia or hydia, their cars look rele nice now adays when 10+ years ago they were garbage. just like subaru, now their interiors are nicer, but 10+ years ago they were horrible.. audi on the other hand has always hand a nicer interior as compared to subaru. and im not including company's like benz,. or bmw into this bc they were not in the "vs" argument

Last edited by jesters22 : 10-04-2010 at 01:56 PM.
jesters22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:54 PM #77
FL07
On High Alert
 
FL07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
pretty sure he wasn't talking about you with that comment.

The A3 interior is alright, but IMO not what I would expect from Audi. It might still be better than a subaru, but the whole "its an audi, so you know it has an awesome interior" doesn't really fly with that car. Wayyyyy too much plastic. I am a pretty big fan of audi interiors as well. The A4 has a fantastic interior, but it is also a lot more money than the WRX.

Last edited by FL07 : 10-04-2010 at 01:59 PM.
FL07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:56 PM #78
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving
 
akward silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
 has been a member for 10 years
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL07
pretty sure he wasn't talking about you with that comment.
Who was he even talking to?

My dad picked the sti interior over the rs4 interior and the evoX interior.

I just prefer the boxer motor over any equivalents.
__________________
+14/-0
2014 Forester XT
2008 335i
OSTT GURU
akward silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:57 PM #79
jesters22
 
 
jesters22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: new jersey
jesters22 plays in the PSP
jesters22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jesters22 plays in the APPA D1 division
jesters22 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
joe character was.. i like both cars. period and im not arguing anymore haha
jesters22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:59 PM #80
deckid1792
-----------
 
deckid1792's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyle View Post
Holy **** they're shafting you so hard with a $120 oil change.
srsly

go to autozone and do your own oil change for 30$, or you can even use top of the line german oil filters and oil and whatever you say you "need" and still only spend like $60ish im assuming

120 is just butt rape
deckid1792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 PM #81
-wayne
I.P.S
 
-wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CT
-wayne is playing at Living Legends VII
-wayne supports Team VICIOUS
1st When i say money isnt the issue i mean both of these cars I can afford. I don't mean I'm loaded and can buy high priced bmws and stuff.

Also interior wise I do say the Audi has it I've seen both of at the dealership and the a3 has it there.

But is there anything that makes these cars stand out from the other in general means
__________________
-Wayne

Plan B
Insane Paintball Supply
-wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:03 PM #82
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving
 
akward silence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Honolulu, HI
 has been a member for 10 years
akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckid1792

srsly

go to autozone and do your own oil change for 30$, or you can even use top of the line german oil filters and oil and whatever you say you "need" and still only spend like $60ish im assuming

120 is just butt rape
5qts of German castrol 0w-30 and a wix filter costs me $35.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -wayne
But is there anything that makes these cars stand out from the other in general means
Have you driven a WRX yet?
__________________
+14/-0
2014 Forester XT
2008 335i
OSTT GURU
akward silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:03 PM #83
FL07
On High Alert
 
FL07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
Who was he even talking to?

My dad picked the sti interior over the rs4 interior and the evoX interior.

I just prefer the boxer motor over any equivalents.
you're dad's wrong. very very wrong.

I believe he was talking to mobious1. And while were on the topic of people who say "just because its an audi its better," can we talk about saying stuff like "omg the boxer motor is so much better." Really? Better than what? Your car has like 230hp, how is that to be preferred over the RS4 motor?
FL07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:06 PM #84
volcomstone2262
Get it HONEY
 
volcomstone2262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Milwaukee
volcomstone2262 is a Supporting Member
volcomstone2262 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Enough with the nut swinging in this thread, its making me nauseous.
__________________
Feedback Remix - Feedback 110+
04 MDX (RIP),06 93SS (RIP), 91 NA Miata (Sold) Rsx Type S (Sold) 01 Audi TT 225, 99 A6 2.8, 03 330I
volcomstone2262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump