PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 10-06-2010, 01:32 AM #22
dsgballer

dsgballer supports Team VICIOUS
sweet sounds like a good time. if i didnt live almost 3 hours away them giftcards would come in handy..lol
dsgballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2010, 10:58 AM #23
The[HcS]
Kickin' it old school

The[HcS] plays in the PSP
The[HcS] is playing at Living Legends VI
The[HcS] supports Team VICIOUS
The[HcS] plays in the APPA D4 division
well, you COULD give the refs a tip if you won, i might be able to use that gift card

Current markers: Black 2k5'd Dragon Timmy Blue 2k3 Viking

"Originally posted by spreck: Egos/Timmies are designed to be fast/light. Vikings are designed to be right. Fast is a bi-product."

Paintballgateway
The[HcS] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:26 PM #24
dsgballer

haha im sure
Old 10-06-2010, 04:36 PM #25
TimmyDizzle
ADRENALIN ARMY

TimmyDizzle plays in the PSP
TimmyDizzle owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TimmyDizzle owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TimmyDizzle supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash Money Allstar View Post
Afraid not...this isn't a PSP...you will be fine without it.
that makes no sense. your not going to show us the layout that we're playing on? How are we suppose to prepare breakout plans and lanes???
TimmyDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:38 PM #26
Dragon101
ATL BLACKOUT

Dragon101 plays in the PSP
Dragon101 plays in the MiLP
Dragon101 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDizzle View Post
that makes no sense. your not going to show us the layout that we're playing on? How are we suppose to prepare breakout plans and lanes???
Thank you, that makes 3 ppl that wants the layout, before the event..
Dragon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:50 PM #27
Cash Money Allstar
East Side Resider

has been a member for 10 years
Cash Money Allstar plays in the MiLP
Cash Money Allstar plays in the APPA D3 division
What would you like me to do? It is not even finished yet. How can I give you a layout? What is giving you a 2D copy of where the bunkers are at going to help you? Even if I knew how it would be set up, looking at a piece of paper isn't going to help you one bit...because no fields are ever set up exactly how they look on paper, nor do they show blind shots, height etc. The layout design gives you nothing more than an idea.

You kids are so spoiled...I remember a time when you had to go walk the fields the day before, sometimes the morning of, AND you might have to play on 3-4 fields where the layout was completely different. This idea of getting the layout ahead of time is a waste of time, because it truly does nothing for you.

If you want to see the layout, go to the field on Saturday from 9-1...you can even play it!

Allen Booth/WF Marines - RIP
Columbus State University - Alumni

October 2011 "Angel of the Month" - 2006 Angel GAT
Cash Money Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:57 PM #28
swampdonkey003
no lot lizards allowed

i think we all should go back to the day when you didnt recieve the layout till the captains meeting the morning of the tourney. if the team has practiced together and knows how each others play you shouldnt need the layout in advance
Old 10-06-2010, 05:08 PM #29
Cash Money Allstar
East Side Resider

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdonkey003 View Post
i think we all should go back to the day when you didnt recieve the layout till the captains meeting the morning of the tourney. if the team has practiced together and knows how each others play you shouldnt need the layout in advance
My point exactly...layouts before hand is a big

Old 10-06-2010, 06:02 PM #30
The[HcS]
Kickin' it old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDizzle View Post
lol @ wanting a layout for breakout plans and lanes for a local unranked 3 man..

"Originally posted by spreck: Egos/Timmies are designed to be fast/light. Vikings are designed to be right. Fast is a bi-product."

Paintballgateway
Old 10-06-2010, 06:19 PM #31
Dragon101
ATL BLACKOUT

IT doesnt matter if its an unranked tournament, It was my idea to do a 3man event at sledgehammer, Plus you think that if you want to continue doing events like these, it would be a good idea to make the customers happy.. I was kinda alittle upset when i was told that i couldnt help do anything for the event, but when they told me that yall were going to be in charge i was like thats cool, atleast i knew it would be done better then what i could have down.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:48 PM #32
The[HcS]
Kickin' it old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon101 View Post
IT doesnt matter if its an unranked tournament, It was my idea to do a 3man event at sledgehammer, Plus you think that if you want to continue doing events like these, it would be a good idea to make the customers happy.. I was kinda alittle upset when i was told that i couldnt help do anything for the event, but when they told me that yall were going to be in charge i was like thats cool, atleast i knew it would be done better then what i could have down.
you dont NEED the layout before hand, you just THINK you do. its something tournament paintballers have grown accustomed to. think about this, why do people walk the fields before the tournament EVEN when a layout is posted before hand. and dont tell me people dont do that, every GFOA i played this season people were walking the fields looking at shots. seeing it on paper is just something you think you need.

*edit*
and if you are local, and complaining about there not being a layout posted. cash money already said you can come saturday and see the layout. so all you local players that are playing this have no excuse of not seeing the layout before hand

Paintballgateway

Last edited by The[HcS] : 10-06-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:02 PM #33
Dragon101
ATL BLACKOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The[HcS] View Post
you dont NEED the layout before hand, you just THINK you do. its something tournament paintballers have grown accustomed to. think about this, why do people walk the fields before the tournament EVEN when a layout is posted before hand. and dont tell me people dont do that, every GFOA i played this season people were walking the fields looking at shots. seeing it on paper is just something you think you need.

*edit*
and if you are local, and complaining about there not being a layout posted. cash money already said you can come saturday and see the layout. so all you local players that are playing this have no excuse of not seeing the layout before hand
I really dont want the layout. i just wanted to see it.. I am agreeing with bout the walking the fields instead of the paper with just shapes on it, cause it helps with acutllay seeing what you can do in the spot under pressure. I was mainly just saying that if you have a number of ppl asking for the layout, so they can get prepared for what they are doing, then by gosh just shut them up..I will be there saturday, just to walk the field and get a feel for the spots.. i was going to just draw it out while walking it.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:12 PM #34
The[HcS]
Kickin' it old school

Quote:
I really dont want the layout. i just wanted to see it.. I am agreeing with bout the walking the fields instead of the paper with just shapes on it, cause it helps with acutllay seeing what you can do in the spot under pressure. I was mainly just saying that if you have a number of ppl asking for the layout, so they can get prepared for what they are doing, then by gosh just shut them up..I will be there saturday, just to walk the field and get a feel for the spots.. i was going to just draw it out while walking it.
contradicting yourself. and i wasnt JUST talking to you, i was talking to everyone that wants to see the layout. even if we posted a layout, i guarantee you and bet my brand new angel they would still walk the field the day of to see the breakouts and lanes.

Paintballgateway
Old 10-06-2010, 07:18 PM #35
Dragon101
ATL BLACKOUT

Quote:
contradicting yourself. and i wasnt JUST talking to you, i was talking to everyone that wants to see the layout. even if we posted a layout, i guarantee you and bet my brand new angel they would still walk the field the day of to see the breakouts and lanes.
I fully agree with that part. But you got to think, Its a habit to see it on paper, that way you can make plans and stuff, then walk them plans out when you get to the event.. But in all truth, i agree with what yall are doing, cause back in 2009 when the CFOA 3man series was in GA, the fields wouldnt post the layouts, they had to wait til the event, to see the field..
Old 10-06-2010, 07:40 PM #36
Dragon101
ATL BLACKOUT

There will be atleast 2 teams scrimmaging at sledge SATURDAY, IF any of yall want to come and participate, before the event. this is the only chance you will get to see the Layout, before the event this sunday
Old 10-06-2010, 08:21 PM #37
that-kid-thomas

that-kid-thomas owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:

*edit*
AGREEd!!!! honestly the layout on paper just missees you up cause you get stuff stuck in your head from looking at it at home and thinking you can do stuff that you really cant do so everyone stop ****ing complaining these guys are trying to plz yall csu knows what there doing or they wouldnt be running this!!!! and fyi why would you argue with the guys reffing the event not the smartest thing to do dragon 101

anyways i said my .02 see you guys sunday and great job csu

DM14
that-kid-thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:59 PM #38
The[HcS]
Kickin' it old school

Quote:
There will be atleast 2 teams scrimmaging at sledge SATURDAY, IF any of yall want to come and participate, before the event. this is the only chance you will get to see the Layout, before the event this sunday
gl since we're putting the final touches on the field

Paintballgateway
Old 10-06-2010, 09:42 PM #39
Dragon101
ATL BLACKOUT

Quote:
gl since we're putting the final touches on the field
Thanks CSU... for all the help, and for the fact of the matter, i wasnt arguing with yall i was just trying to help both sides out.. without knowing what i was typing at the moment.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:01 PM #40
dsgballer

if they dont have it no matter if you wanted it or not you couldnt get it. gonna be a fun event none the less it has changed to semi also
Old 10-06-2010, 10:06 PM #41
Cash Money Allstar
East Side Resider

The airball field will be open from 9-1, then we got to do the finishing touches on the net and put out the boundary line etc. This is going to be a fun event!

Old 10-07-2010, 05:04 PM #42
Dragon101
ATL BLACKOUT

Whats the head count for the scrimmages on Saturday.
ReplyRegional Ups