PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-07-2010, 09:03 PM #22
Not_Werty7373

Not_Werty7373 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizboy88 View Post
too expensive in markets. my parents always buy organic stuff and i tell them its a waste, but i do taste and slight difference
Is the upfront cost more? yes, but when u factor in the possible reduction in health costs related to eating healthier maybe the two are equal.

But really the label of organic has been manipulated by corporate america and the media. not many know what organic means and the requirements for the organic label are very misleading, due to marketing, lobbyists, corporations and misunderstanding of science
CHRIST KREW #666
~~
Not_Werty7373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:09 PM #23
insane24
InSaNe? YeP!

Annual Supporting Member
insane24 is playing at Living Legends VII
insane24 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
insane24 supports our troops
insane24 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
insane24 is Boss
insane24 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Werty7373 View Post
Is the upfront cost more? yes, but when u factor in the possible reduction in health costs related to eating healthier maybe the two are equal.

But really the label of organic has been manipulated by corporate america and the media. not many know what organic means and the requirements for the organic label are very misleading, due to marketing, lobbyists, corporations and misunderstanding of science
very true. kinda like fat free or low fat. all they do is lower the serving size or add something that is horrible for you. if interested in organic. trust the local famers or local markets. going to wal mart for organic food will be tough unless you know what you're looking for
insane24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:48 PM #24
robfromabove
...taking over the world

I don't buy organic produce too often due to the cost factor that's already been mentioned... But generally speaking, organic staples like soup and peanut butter seem to taste better due to limited amount of ingredients they can use (read: not chemicals, gums, etc.)
robfromabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:04 PM #25
lnopia
2010 is the new 2007

Yeah its unfortunate that the "organic" label has really lost its meaning, its similar to products being labeled as "green" yet they are hardly environmentally friendly

You will receive your crabs in a vial, in a plain handwriten address envelope.
Anyone who happens to find your package will see nothing suggesting you bought crabs on the internet.
lnopia is offline   Reply With Quote