Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-27-2010, 02:22 AM #1
GerbilGod7
Love Thy Gerbil

has been a member for 10 years
SF Bay Area PB?

Hi there,

I used to hang out around here a lot about five years ago, but haven't played since then. I'm looking to get back into it, and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about fields in or around Berkeley/Oakland (or possibly Mountain View)... Preferably with lots of people with AKA markers and very few annoying little kids. Maybe I'm asking too much.

Also, my girlfriend is interested in playing, but due to a medical thing she'll need to wear some kind of chest armor to protect her torso. Anyone with experience have any recommendations?

Incidentally, I use a 2k3 WAS Excal, Sceptre kit, Empire Halo, and an HP Crossfire. Used to be pretty sweet, not sure how it stacks up currently, but I wouldn't ever shoot anything else.
GerbilGod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2010, 02:40 AM #2
C_losjoker

welcome back, well everyone will say you wont have any problem keeping up with the set up you have.

fields, there is suppose to be a good one in vallejo. i have yet to check it out but heard some good stuff about it. then there is the one in Davis and i think i heard of one in berkely or emeriville.

chest protector, get the hard foam one. jt has one, game face and nxe, they are the ones that can fold up small. she wont feel a thing, but still hear them hit/bouce off her.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:14 AM #3
CalifLove

CalifLove is playing at Living Legends IX
CalifLove is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
 is playing at Dead Legends
Whatup C_Losjoker -

Unfortunately there are not a lot of options in the bay to ball. Closest to the east bay is Paintball Jungle which is in Vallejo/American Canyon. They haven't up'd their site in forever but you can check it out at www.paintballjungle.com . My hommies and I frequent the spot nearly every week or two...

Theres also a field in Vacaville called Midway, I haven't been there so I don't know anything about it.

Next up is Davis Paintball in Davis, CA. Kinda far but this place is typically packed with 150+ players for their "big Game" which takes place on the 1st Sat of every month.

Theres a indoor spot out in Rohnert Part, I have heard a lot of good things but I havent checked it out yet. Theres also a field in Santa Clara but I hear they aren't too fond of walkons...not sure how they stay in business as I never hear positive things about that field.

The best Airball fields are probably hands down @ Capital Edge out in Sacramento. Hella far and its always hella effin hot but if your into airball thats the spot to go.

Good luck finding a spot to call home... holla!
CalifLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:05 PM #4
GerbilGod7
Love Thy Gerbil

@CalifLove

What's the crowd like at Paintball Jungle?
GerbilGod7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:57 PM #5
MENTALGLITCH

Here's one in Vacaville - http://www.midwaypaintball.com/

Here's one in San Jose - http://www.santaclarapaintball.com/
MENTALGLITCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:09 AM #6
C_losjoker

yeah never heard good things about the San jose one. just some so/so comments, like if its the only place you can get to its better than nothing. and yeah few ppl with attitude, that they think they own the place and so on.

there is another place in the Santa Cruz mountains called bear something, they do paintball top half of the Mt. and airsoft bottom half. I played there twice and it was a great time, great place to work on your sneak attack.

also I think there is another one in millbrae, heard some good stuff about that one a while back.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:01 PM #7
hellion360

My experience with the indoor in Millbrae is that it is a hellhole. Part of that is that it was actually roasting hot in there. Plus bad bad reffing.

It is a little farther away, but if you have a good sized group together I loved WAP, wild adventure paintball. Really fun fields, though no airball.

old pbn feedback
hellion360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:54 PM #8
CalifLove

CalifLove is playing at Living Legends IX
CalifLove is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
 is playing at Dead Legends
The indoor spot in Milbrea has been closed for sometime now...maybe going on a year or so.

The crowed at PB Jungle is good, theres a lot of regulars there who I'd consider myself a part of but ultimately, we're all there to have a good time. The park does get a lot of private groups and random walk on guys as well... pretty much as long as you have a "Just here for fun" attitude everything is all good. The thing that kinda sucks about the place is they somewhat force you to buy field paint, though they do accept paint from local vendors (DGX, TFM, and Outfit I believe) and they have a downright crappy airball field...
CalifLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:09 AM #9
Fallinher0
Taking Power Tokens

Fallinher0 donated to help Peyton Trent
Here is your BEST bet.

http://escapesonomacounty.com/live/

Its a brand new place and from what i hear its the best around.

Dye - UL’d DM4
Planet Eclipse - FLE EMEK and Etha 3
Fallinher0 is offline   Reply With Quote