Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 PM #1
Marduk13

Vibe won't fire

So I bought a 2nd Vibe, this way my friend and I can both use one. Took it out, and found, much to my surprise, it is an older model than my current Vibe, it is semi-only. No big deal, I figure I'll send it in for a new board, or maybe upgrade it for the new Blackheart.

Anyway, playing with it for the first time on Sunday, I'm doing fine. Using HPA it is firing nice and fast. However, halfway through the game, the gun is starting to skip a beat. It will only fire every other trigger pull, then every third, emitting a beep when it doesn't fire. I figure it has a dead battery, no big deal. After the game, I put in a fresh battery.

I gas the gun back up, turn it on, and try to test fire it. Nothing. It makes a beep, just like it does when it isn't gassed up. There is no sound of any leak. It just won't fire. I refill my HPA, figuring it must be the low level of HPA. But it still doesn't make a difference. I make sure the back bolt is as tight as it gets, no change.

So I switch guns for the rest of the day. That night, I take the bolt out and check it, it is lubricated, with all the o-rings in place (no damage). It still won't fire. Oddly enough, when I gas the marker up, and then take the tank off. The gun has gas in the reg. But it doesn't vent. I have to loosen the back bolt a little bit, and then the gas comes whooshing out of the ASA.

This leads me to think that maybe the board isn't releasing air into the bolt, or maybe on of the holes in the bolt back is blocked. I can't see anything.

Is there anything else I should try? Taking it apart completely for instance?
Crossfire 68/4500, Pure Energy 72/4500 stubbie
JT Flex 7
Marduk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:42 PM #2
ATLpaintball96 (Banned)
****Check out my sale****

wow... that is hard. contact mespellingsnogud he can help you out.
ATLpaintball96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:54 PM #3
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

Check the solenoid to see if it has gunk in it.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:55 PM #4
theCanadian

Try another battery, the replacement one might be dead too. It has happened to me before.

We make videos. For you. You're welcome.
Froe Films
theCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:11 PM #5
Sheemo44

blown solenoid? thats all i can think of...
Sheemo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:11 PM #6
Mespllingesnogud

The gas staying in the reg is normal, I am pretty sure all Vibes do that. What brand battery? Are you set on HPA dwell mode?

Sounds like a dwell issue. Did you turn the gun off/ on at all during the game?

EDIT: It's virtually impossible to blow a Vibe solenoid, due to the pressure vent. You just can't do it.
Mespllingesnogud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:12 PM #7
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheemo44 View Post
blown solenoid? thats all i can think of...
The microline will blow way before the solenoid does.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:15 PM #8
Mespllingesnogud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muff Muff View Post
The microline will blow way before the solenoid does.
I wouldn't rely on that. The Vibe uses all 1/8 hosing, and this stuff seems a lot less flexible than the stuff I have in my Ion boards. I doubt it's going to hold 800 PSI, but it's a lot stronger than normal line.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:15 PM #9
Sheemo44

o i totally forgot about that i feel like it never needs to vent with mine and if it does i wouldnt know
Sheemo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 PM #10
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespllingesnogud View Post
I wouldn't rely on that. The Vibe uses all 1/8 hosing, and this stuff seems a lot less flexible than the stuff I have in my Ion boards. I doubt it's going to hold 800 PSI, but it's a lot stronger than normal line.
I know the Ion solenoid can take pressure of upto like 600 psi, it makes me think the Vibe's would be able to also.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:47 AM #11
Marduk13

The battery I got with the marker was a Panasonic. So I immediately blamed that. So I slapped in a fresh Duracell from a package. And it simply will not fire. It will turn on just fine, and when the trigger is pulled, will emit a beep just like normal. But if I gas it up now (with HPA, never used CO2 with this marker) it still emits beeps when the trigger is pulled, that is all.

I have made sure the marker is in HPA dwell mode,(2 flashes), I did that before I started playing on Sunday, and I have checked it again since then.
JT Flex 7
Old 08-19-2008, 08:56 AM #12
GunnaStunna
Giggity Giggity

i just had to get a new solenoid, and i had the same sounding issues your having.

The "I agree with GunnaStunna" count: 23
GunnaStunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:07 AM #13
theCanadian

Wait if you have a pre-select fire one the dwell mode is a little different it should be at around 60 flashes.

You access the dwell by holding down the trigger and attaching the battery, then letting go.
Count how many times it flashes (it may flash REALLY fast at first, ignore those), then take that number and subtract it from 60.
This will give you the amount of dwell you need to add.
To change dwell, hold down the trigger and attach the battery, then before the blinking press the power button the desired amount of times to add dwell to back to the stock setting.

We make videos. For you. You're welcome.
Froe Films
theCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:11 AM #14
Marduk13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnaStunna View Post
i just had to get a new solenoid, and i had the same sounding issues your having.
Thanks, it's good to know I'm not alone. I guess I'll contact Smart Parts. It needed a board upgrade anyway.
JT Flex 7
Old 08-19-2008, 12:01 PM #15
Mespllingesnogud

I wish I knew what the problem was. Solenoids aren't the most complex things in the world, I don't know what would make one die in the middle of the game.

All the fittings holding the board to the gun are nice and tight? If your going to upgrade the board anyway, it would probably be less hassle to just let Smart Parts take care of it.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:12 PM #16
ChanceCoats123
Biking, Hacking, Baller

I'm gonna go with what the canadian said because if your board is non- select fire, then what your sayin is your dwell is 2 milliseconds, which isn't long enough to cycle the bolt... lol read the manual dude.

Quitting Sale!
ChanceCoats123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:40 PM #17
Mespllingesnogud

Manual doesn't explain that there is adjustable dwell, only the different dwell modes. I doubt he actually changed his dwell setting other than the mode.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:59 PM #18
ChanceCoats123
Biking, Hacking, Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk13 View Post
So I bought a 2nd Vibe, this way my friend and I can both use one. Took it out, and found, much to my surprise, it is an older model than my current Vibe, it is semi-only. No big deal, I figure I'll send it in for a new board, or maybe upgrade it for the new Blackheart.

... thus as previously stated, his board is not the board with modes. It is in fact the board in which you set your own dwell, showing that if it was 2 blinks, which would be hpa on the new boards, in this instance means that it is 2 milliseconds of dwell.

Edit and i figured the manual would say something sorry for that part.

Quitting Sale!
ChanceCoats123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:02 PM #19
Marduk13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mespllingesnogud View Post
Manual doesn't explain that there is adjustable dwell, only the different dwell modes. I doubt he actually changed his dwell setting other than the mode.
Yeah, that's what I thought. When you hold the power button down while connecting the battery, you can set the dwell for CO2 and HPA. I tried the trigger thing for adjusting fire modes, but this marker's board hasn't been unlocked to let that work.

I suppose I could crack her open and try the board fittings. But the manual seems to lean to avoid doing that. I think I'll let Smart Parts do that this time.

Honestly, when it started going down during the game, I thought it was a dead battery. My other Vibe was similar when it's first battery died. But even with fresh batteries, this one just won't cycle.
JT Flex 7
Old 08-19-2008, 01:02 PM #20
Mespllingesnogud

Old board still has HPA and Co2 mode, it just gives you the option to manually set the dwell.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:04 PM #21
Mespllingesnogud

If you tried to unlock the firing modes with the old Vibe that could be your problem. That is what changed the manual dwell.