Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-26-2010, 07:30 PM #22
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Squirrelly Wrath supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbacuraflip22 View Post
Then you'd like johnnie o jackson. He needs to get more mass in his legs. His upper body actually looked better than Kai Greene's last night...

I don't think his legs are small at all. His calves could use some work though.

EDIT: but then again, who's don't?

His upperbody reminds me of Arnold's back in the day.

Genetics.
Squirrelly Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2010, 07:57 PM #23
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
I don't think Mr. Olympia should be about size as it's become - it should be more about proportions and overall look. Some of these guys are just too big IMO.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:21 PM #24
CrazyChunk

Which is why i think jay won again. in my opinion he just looks like an overall monster in comparison to the others. Almost as if hes just a massive strong man, where the others are trying to build some physic. His waist thickness is the only thing that makes him look somewhat normal. Hes just massive where the others kinda look odd and unbalanced. He looks more natural at that size then any of the others.
CrazyChunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:28 PM #25
kingbacuraflip22
Fking ANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelly Wrath View Post
I don't think his legs are small at all. His calves could use some work though.

EDIT: but then again, who's don't?

His upperbody reminds me of Arnold's back in the day.
To the Mr. Olympia standards, his legs are small especially compared to how much mass he has from the waist up. He's even admitted it in interviews. His calves are small and his quads are mediocre.

Compare that to Branch Warren who was the opposite. Branch used to be all legs.

You can see in the Abdominal Thigh Pose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
I don't think Mr. Olympia should be about size as it's become - it should be more about proportions and overall look. Some of these guys are just too big IMO.
It's a combination. Hence Dexter Jackson winning the Olympia in 2008...Dexter is not a Mass Monster.

What usually wins it for the bodybuilder is the back. Look at the big winners..Ronnie Coleman (freakishly wide back), Jay Cutler, Lee Haney, Dorian Yates..etc..

Phil Heath is a future Mr. Olympia. He made a big improvement from last year and is only going to get bigger if he stays healthy/injury-free. Phil is only 30 years old...

Last edited by kingbacuraflip22 : 09-26-2010 at 08:32 PM.
kingbacuraflip22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:31 PM #26
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

I don't know, I think jay's physique looks off, and kind of out of proportion. Granted, he probably missed his peak, or didn't fill enough right before the competition, but he just looks off.

Frank Zane was always my favorite bodybuilder. He had a very natural, proportionate looking physique, and just overall looked like a god.

And there was alwas his famous "vacuum" pose

Genetics.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:46 PM #27
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

yo who's this body builder

the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:49 PM #28
snakes408

i was disappointed with winklaar, i was rootin for him and he definitely missed his peak. nowhere near the conditioning he had in NY. didn't make it until 3rd callout.
glad to see wolf bring his A-game and place in the top 5. too bad his high lats will always hurt him.

Was surprised that victor and kai got 8th and 7th respectively but i can't argue with their placings. kai was holding a ton of water during pre-judging and vic was not as conditioned as the top 6. IMO i like heath's physique better but his time will come.
snakes408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:34 PM #29
Klasic
TGOD

Klasic plays in the APPA D5 division
Kai ****ed up. I like Heath and believe he should have won, but I'm not a judge. I think Jay's torso is a little out of proportion. I think Victor should have gotten third, but Warrens vascularity was outstanding.

www.nickhammonddesign.com

Best deigns. Period.

Go to pages > Portfolio to see his work!
Klasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:56 PM #30
snakes408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klasic
Kai ****ed up. I like Heath and believe he should have won, but I'm not a judge. I think Jay's torso is a little out of proportion. I think Victor should have gotten third, but Warrens vascularity was outstanding.
jay was conditioned but not as well as 09 and his waist did look a tad thicker as well. i had him in third behind phil and dex. when branch walked out during prejudging i couldnt believe he was more conditioned then last year. the graininess and vascularity was insane.
snakes408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:32 PM #31
LGB (Banned)
.animal.

I just got home from olympia, holy **** it was awesome. I'll post some stuff about it soon, it's too much to absorb.
LGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:35 PM #32
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakes408 View Post

i was disappointed with winklaar, i was rootin for him and he definitely missed his peak. nowhere near the conditioning he had in NY. didn't make it until 3rd callout.
glad to see wolf bring his A-game and place in the top 5. too bad his high lats will always hurt him.

Was surprised that victor and kai got 8th and 7th respectively but i can't argue with their placings. kai was holding a ton of water during pre-judging and vic was not as conditioned as the top 6. IMO i like heath's physique better but his time will come.
It's definitely not a beauty contest
Jlausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:40 PM #33
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

bbbbbbbwwwwwwwwwwahahahahahahahaha
Old 09-27-2010, 01:14 AM #34
only4theweak187

Bull****. why the **** would anyone want to look like that. a majority of people laugh at people who look like that and make fun of them.

Also, your clothes will fit like **** and everything will be hard as **** to being so bulky, even things like getting in and out of bed.

Ew.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:38 AM #35
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by only4theweak187 View Post
Bull****. why the **** would anyone want to look like that. a majority of people laugh at people who look like that and make fun of them.

Also, your clothes will fit like **** and everything will be hard as **** to being so bulky, even things like getting in and out of bed.

Ew.
First of all, I'm guessing you have the physique of a 12 year old prepubescent girl, which makes it ironic that you would "laugh and make fun of" anyones body in the first place.

When I see someone with a bodybuilders physique, I don't "laugh or make fun of them." I'm humbled and respect the amount of time, and energy they've put into their body. These people literally have million dollar physiques. You can't buy a body like that, no matter how rich are. Every single one of those guys have busted their *** for 10+ years, consistently logged countless hour in the gym every week, and exercised more discipline and restraint with their diet than you could ever comprehend. Hell they probably put in more time and effort just working on their calves then you ever have doing anything productive in your entire life.

Genetics.

Last edited by Squirrelly Wrath : 09-27-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:58 AM #36
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:

Ew.

So you've been that big and tried on clothes?

Shut the **** up. Most of these guys dont look anything like what they look lik eon stage between shows never mind with clothes on. Clearly you dont have even the slightest grasp of how much time, energy, and effort gets put into looking like that. You think you know discipline? You dont know ****.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:52 AM #37
karnavorrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Muskelberg_ View Post
Jay and Jay with Wolf's back/delts.

From bb.com

Each time he got through, he was told he needed to give a street address before an ambulance could be sent. "
karnavorrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:53 AM #38
Klasic
TGOD

Klasic plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:

Ew.
Why are you even posting in here? Clearly the people posting in here share a different opinion and therefor give no ****s about what you think.

www.nickhammonddesign.com

Best deigns. Period.

Go to pages > Portfolio to see his work!
Klasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:35 AM #39
Squirrelly Wrath
Crush Your Enemies

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnavorrr View Post
From bb.com
Jay's back is better. Wolf has slightly bigger delts, and a tighter waistline.

Genetics.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:44 AM #40
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Quote:

Ew.
That's their prerogative. I could see being made fun of for being fat and lazy, but someone with that amount of dedication has to be admired. It's what they want, it's not hurting anyone. If anything it should motivate people.
Jlausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:44 PM #41
kingbacuraflip22
Fking ANIMAL

Quote:

Ew.
You're def either 14, frail as hell, or a very naive and sheltered kid.
kingbacuraflip22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:57 PM #42
BunkerBomb#o1
BOALT

BunkerBomb#o1 supports Team VICIOUS
BunkerBomb#o1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit

Can anyone explain what is going on with his forearm muscles? How are they protruding into his bicep/tricep region?

The other competitors don't have that.
BunkerBomb#o1 is offline   Reply With Quote