Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2010, 04:46 PM #85
**GP**
G.I. Sportz
 
**GP**'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DALLAS
**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
**GP** is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah harper View Post
Spoke with Tom this afternoon.... dates and locations coming very soon....!!

waiting for PSP info...
Nice
__________________
ac: DALLAS
Join the Imperial Program G.I. Sportz! PM me for details
ECLIPSE, EXALT V-Force

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"



G.I. Sportz Imperial paintballs the "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2010, 04:47 PM #86
woody06
 
 
woody06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lincoln, NE
Yeah the Oklahoma DDay event is not gonna change for awhile. Tom has said this several times.
__________________
www.muddywaterboys.com
Heavy Gunner

Proudly Sponsored by Lapco:
http://lapcopaintball.com/store/

Play UWL
www.playuwl.com
woody06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:32 PM #87
Fatal Shock
Ian 'Fitty' Fitzgerald
 
Fatal Shock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town (847) IL
Annual Supporting Member
Although enough local teams may come out to SC village, 2 tourneys there could be hard on teams financially. Especially teams from the midwest and east coast. But i have to say SC is the nicest place i've been to... Hell of a time at nationals.
__________________
«AGGRESSIVE»
Chicago's Most Hated

Blastin' fools since '04
Fatal Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:22 PM #88
Whiskeyfoy
Underground
 
Whiskeyfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chicago
Annual Supporting Member
Whiskeyfoy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Whiskeyfoy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The reason SC was twice was for finals.. Tom made mention that finals may move this year but we will know better I think when the schedule comes out in the coming weeks.
__________________
Proudly Sponsored By!!
BADLANDZ GI SPORTZ BBT PLANET ECLIPSE

Woodsball Tournament they way it should be played! Ultimate Woodsball League
"So if you are a team of *****ing ,cheating and disrespectful players I suggest you find a different venue for your antics! The UWL is not for you.
Tom Cole"
Whiskeyfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:45 PM #89
**GP**
G.I. Sportz
 
**GP**'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DALLAS
**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
**GP** is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeyfoy View Post
The reason SC was twice was for finals.. Tom made mention that finals may move this year but we will know better I think when the schedule comes out in the coming weeks.
Chicago or Dallas would be cool for the finals
__________________
ac: DALLAS
Join the Imperial Program G.I. Sportz! PM me for details
ECLIPSE, EXALT V-Force

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"



G.I. Sportz Imperial paintballs the "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:23 PM #90
woody06
 
 
woody06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lincoln, NE
I loved the field in Dallas, except you had a long walk to get to it.
__________________
www.muddywaterboys.com
Heavy Gunner

Proudly Sponsored by Lapco:
http://lapcopaintball.com/store/

Play UWL
www.playuwl.com
woody06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:14 AM #91
Hoot {MWB}
 
 
Hoot {MWB}'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Omaha:NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by **GP** View Post
Chicago or Dallas would be cool for the finals
Why not a Lincoln finals? Middle of the country, central hub, got a new regional and nationals all wrapped up in one!
__________________
Muddy Water Boys.
Jake Hansen

UWL Junkie: www.playuwl.com
Proudly Sponsored by Lapco: http://lapcopaintball.com/store/
"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"
www.muddywaterboys.com
Hoot {MWB} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:34 AM #92
**GP**
G.I. Sportz
 
**GP**'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DALLAS
**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
**GP** is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
**GP** is Boss
I had a long talk with the field owner here in Nebraska that has an area big enough to hold a UWL event. He was very excited and we talked about doing some building ect to get the field just how it needs to be. We also talked about running airlines out to the field. We would be able to set up a tent with a 6' table for each team. The compound would be set up between rows of trees so there will be lots of shade. He also has a huge smoker and is able to cook some really good bbq for onsite food. We can also work with Monster energy drinks here to bring out some for each team.

This has only been a few days but these are some of the things we know e can do. We will keep working on other items aswell.

If we are able to have an event here in Nebraska I am sure you will not want to miss it. As most or all of you know the MWB and you know they are willing to help with info ect. The hotels are about 15 to 20 mins from the field and in downtown Linclon they have the Haymarket, it is full of good places to eat and bars ect. This is about 5 mins from most of the hotels.

We are talking to Eclipse, they are looking at sending the ETV crew out if it happens. I also have a call into Empire. I know Eclipse would be willing to send out a tech of we end up with 20ish teams.

We here in Nebraska are very excited and if we are able to have an event here we want to make sure ALL of you have a great time.

Hoot and I had a good chat the other day and I know we will chat again next Sunday at the last Nebraska Big Game of the year.

We will give updates as we find out more info. I think Tom said he was going to call us back next week.

Also Omaha is about 60 to 90 mins from the field in Lincoln. If you are looking to fly in you could look at Lincoln or Omaha. Southwest has service in Omaha so that makes it cheaper to fly with 2 bags. The hotels range from Super8 to Marriotts so there is a lot of options.

As you can tell from reading my posts and Hoots post all of us here are ready to get the ball rolling and put on a great event for all the teams.
__________________
ac: DALLAS
Join the Imperial Program G.I. Sportz! PM me for details
ECLIPSE, EXALT V-Force

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"



G.I. Sportz Imperial paintballs the "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 01:58 AM #93
MrD (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Weenie
MrD is reppin' sidebar 4 life
MrD plays in the APPA D4 division
events need to be split evenly among the regions. no one comes to play the SC event because there are so many events on the west coast, that teams dont care if they miss 1 event.

they need to have an even amount of events in all regions.

if there were 10 events, id say put 4 on the west 2 in the middle and 4 on the east
MrD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:21 AM #94
Trum_15
 
 
Trum_15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: maine
Trum_15 supports Team VICIOUS
Trum_15 supports Team VICIOUS
Trum_15 plays in the APPA D4 division
possible to make a event in maine?
Trum_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:36 AM #95
Lomarandil
SPPL/UWL Veteran
 
Lomarandil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CO
It's unfortunate that there aren't more events back east, but both the UWL and previously the SPPL have suffered from not enough teams in the eastern US registering for events.

Get the teams lined up, like we have here for Nebraska, and they will come

Lo
Lomarandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:42 AM #96
RelativeAsh
Kämpfen Mit Ehre
 
RelativeAsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Annual Supporting Member
RelativeAsh plays in the PSP
RelativeAsh owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
RelativeAsh owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RelativeAsh owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trum_15 View Post
possible to make a event in maine?
if you can get enough teams / players, then the money will be there and Tom will definitely host an event. The problem is Maine is not as poplulated as other areas. I do not pretend to know what the paintball scene is like up there...I just know that less of a populous creates less demand...but if you do the work and secure enough teams...then talk to Tom. I would love to see the UWL grow and have an event up there in them Haynesville woods.
__________________
Midwest Arson
Proudly Sponsored by The Badlandz / Bad Boyz Toyz / G.I. Sportz / Midwest Xball League / Planet Eclipse

I Support UWL / Hank 3 / PBR

Last edited by RelativeAsh : 10-30-2010 at 02:45 AM.
RelativeAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:56 AM #97
**GP**
G.I. Sportz
 
**GP**'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DALLAS
**GP** works for a Paintball manufacturer
**GP** plays in the PSP
**GP** owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
**GP** is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
**GP** is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trum_15 View Post
possible to make a event in maine?
Think if they could get one in upstate NY. You might even see some old Lockout players and some old GZ players come back. That would be so cool
__________________
ac: DALLAS
Join the Imperial Program G.I. Sportz! PM me for details
ECLIPSE, EXALT V-Force

G.I. Sportz sweeps the 2013 PRO divisions at World Cup. X-Factor, Impact and Heat 1st 2nd and 3rd!!
G.I. Sportz the
"Unfair Advantage"



G.I. Sportz Imperial paintballs the "UNFAIR ADVANTAGE"
**GP** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:32 PM #98
noah harper
••E-BRAKE••
 
noah harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NYC baby!!!
noah harper donated to help Peyton Trent
noah harper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noah harper supports Team VICIOUS
noah harper supports Bob Gurnsey
noah harper supports Pev's Paintball
noah harper is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trum_15 View Post
possible to make a event in maine?
lol, are there enough teams up there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by **GP** View Post
Think if they could get one in upstate NY. You might even see some old Lockout players and some old GZ players come back. That would be so cool
guess you missed the WOODSBALL WORLD CUP last SEPTEMBER.... GZ got 1st place..

PaintballSportsNY (PSI) home of the Master Blasters, RT Raiders and Ground Zero would be a good upstate NY location..... I've told Tom this before....
noah harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:01 PM #99
Trum_15
 
 
Trum_15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: maine
Trum_15 supports Team VICIOUS
Trum_15 supports Team VICIOUS
Trum_15 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah harper View Post
lol, are there enough teams up there?

depends on how many teams. i would guess teams would come from out of state.
Trum_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:45 PM #100
BunkerKnight
B.O.B. White's Lurker
 
BunkerKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Omaha, NE
BunkerKnight supports Team VICIOUS
BunkerKnight has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by **GP** View Post
I had a long talk with the field owner here in Nebraska that has an area big enough to hold a UWL event. He was very excited and we talked about doing some building ect to get the field just how it needs to be. We also talked about running airlines out to the field. We would be able to set up a tent with a 6' table for each team. The compound would be set up between rows of trees so there will be lots of shade. He also has a huge smoker and is able to cook some really good bbq for onsite food. We can also work with Monster energy drinks here to bring out some for each team.

This has only been a few days but these are some of the things we know e can do. We will keep working on other items aswell.

If we are able to have an event here in Nebraska I am sure you will not want to miss it. As most or all of you know the MWB and you know they are willing to help with info ect. The hotels are about 15 to 20 mins from the field and in downtown Linclon they have the Haymarket, it is full of good places to eat and bars ect. This is about 5 mins from most of the hotels.

We are talking to Eclipse, they are looking at sending the ETV crew out if it happens. I also have a call into Empire. I know Eclipse would be willing to send out a tech of we end up with 20ish teams.

We here in Nebraska are very excited and if we are able to have an event here we want to make sure ALL of you have a great time.

Hoot and I had a good chat the other day and I know we will chat again next Sunday at the last Nebraska Big Game of the year.

We will give updates as we find out more info. I think Tom said he was going to call us back next week.

Also Omaha is about 60 to 90 mins from the field in Lincoln. If you are looking to fly in you could look at Lincoln or Omaha. Southwest has service in Omaha so that makes it cheaper to fly with 2 bags. The hotels range from Super8 to Marriotts so there is a lot of options.

As you can tell from reading my posts and Hoots post all of us here are ready to get the ball rolling and put on a great event for all the teams.


Chuck is one hell of a guy!
BunkerKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:58 AM #101
Alpha {MWB}
 
 
Alpha {MWB}'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Omaha
Alpha {MWB} is playing at Living Legends VII
This is Very encouraging to see this rolling so nicely. We in the mid-west get passed over sometimes because of the lower population. This however doesn't stop us, it just means a higher percentage of us are active.

It is great to have all these different networks coming together to bring the ULTIMATE Woodsball league to NE. Teams joining/watching/interested will not be disappointed with what is being offered. This is the real deal as far as Woodsball goes.

Vicious, it is AMAZING to have you guys jumping in on this. MBP, thanks for the love, i always love to see you guys out on the field. Joes, we sure are pumped to have you and glad our spurring is gettin you in. DE, hecks yeah lets work around your schedule to get you here, can't have a proper UWL tourney without Desert Edge.

Being in the middle is finally a good thing.

ENTERING winter with this much excitement, this could be a long wait.
__________________
Muddy Water Boys
www.muddywaterboys.com
UWL Proud---Read up, gear up, sign up www.playuwl.com
Rockin Lapco Only
Want the best? Go for it! Want the looks? Go for it! Lapco Barrels
Omaha's Premier Paintball Field = Mad Cow Paintball

Last edited by Alpha {MWB} : 11-01-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Alpha {MWB} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:22 AM #102
BunkerKnight
B.O.B. White's Lurker
 
BunkerKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Omaha, NE
BunkerKnight supports Team VICIOUS
BunkerKnight has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha {MWB} View Post
ENTERING winter with this much excitement, this could be a long wait.
Yeah, long winter ahead...
BunkerKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:08 PM #103
Joseph2010
 
 
Joseph2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Willard, mo
I'm so looking forward to 2011. Is there any winter games?
Joseph2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:10 PM #104
Danger Dan
www.TeamDesertEdge.com
 
Danger Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Danger Dan owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Danger Dan plays in the APPA D5 division
I just want to say the DE is getting a LOT of love in here with all the nice comments.

What a refreshing change of attitude in the UWL from the rest of the paintball world.

Thats why we love the UWL and the teams that play in it sooo much!

Thanks everyone!!
__________________
Team Desert Edge
SPONSORS
ECLIPSE/LAPCO /UXP/GI SPORTZ/SAINTS PAINTBALL


FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND WIN FREE SWAG!!
Danger Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:14 PM #105
woody06
 
 
woody06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lincoln, NE
No Dan thank you.

Winter? What is this you speak of? Is this some sort of "off season"? No such thing its the regearing phase of 1 continuous season that never will end.
__________________
www.muddywaterboys.com
Heavy Gunner

Proudly Sponsored by Lapco:
http://lapcopaintball.com/store/

Play UWL
www.playuwl.com
woody06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump