NateDaGreat has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
NateDaGreat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
LMAO this is hilarious
NateDaGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:50 AM #24
Ditchpig1
ApocNvp

I agree, funny stuff! I play both. I live on a farm so airsoft is perfect for playing around buildings w/ out a mess. I started playing paintball in 89', picked up my first airsoft gun in 97'.

Theres only one real difference between the two...You can catch cheaters in paintball.
Ditchpig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 PM #25
vijil
Giant Paintball Robot

I think in terms of realism paintball is rapidly catching up. While the markers still don't look all that real, if you get a mag fed it's pretty decent. Combine that with the ability to see when you shot someone and the better wind resistance, also that there's no need for minimum engagement distances and it's pretty real. Add in FS rounds for the snipers and there's not an airsoft marker on the planet that can match you for accuracy or range. Hydrotec paintballs will mean that shelf life is no longer an issue for the paint and things will maybe get a little cheaper.

ALL THAT SAID, airsoft will always be the cheaper of the two and will probably always have the biggest variety of realistic looking replica guns. Personally I go with paintball, but that's because I can afford it.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:36 PM #26
OG Mooninite

OG Mooninite owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
OG Mooninite owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OG Mooninite supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
I think in terms of realism paintball is rapidly catching up. While the markers still don't look all that real, if you get a mag fed it's pretty decent. Combine that with the ability to see when you shot someone and the better wind resistance, also that there's no need for minimum engagement distances and it's pretty real. Add in FS rounds for the snipers and there's not an airsoft marker on the planet that can match you for accuracy or range. Hydrotec paintballs will mean that shelf life is no longer an issue for the paint and things will maybe get a little cheaper.

ALL THAT SAID, airsoft will always be the cheaper of the two and will probably always have the biggest variety of realistic looking replica guns. Personally I go with paintball, but that's because I can afford it.
well not to say airsoft snipers running 500+ can have an engagement distance of far greater than any paintball gun.

I like paintball more though, can see where your paint is going, hits on people and you dont have to worry much about malfunctions with gear, but thats depending.

Airsoft is far more tactical which equals slower gameplay and people that are stubborn to get out of their holes. but both are fun, I just play only speedball anymore so i like to get my mil-sim on with airsoft. I like the range of gun models and the performance of airsoft guns, just because it makes game play different every time and can give you the upper hand in quite a few situations.

I also go for airsoft since its sooo damn cheap. I played the last three weekends on 20 bucks and shot about 4000 BBs. I play paintball one day and its 50 bucks for a case.

last thing though, i think there almost should be a minimum enggement distance in paintball. or at least more strict rules about overshooting. I played last weekend at CEPP in sacramento and someone blasted me literally 20-22 times from about 5-6 feet away. I am not down with that

Sponsored by:

Revolution Paintball
OG Mooninite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:39 PM #27
Aviator89

Aviator89 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Mooninite View Post
well not to say airsoft snipers running 500+ can have an engagement distance of far greater than any paintball gun.

I like paintball more though, can see where your paint is going, hits on people and you dont have to worry much about malfunctions with gear, but thats depending.

Airsoft is far more tactical which equals slower gameplay and people that are stubborn to get out of their holes. but both are fun, I just play only speedball anymore so i like to get my mil-sim on with airsoft. I like the range of gun models and the performance of airsoft guns, just because it makes game play different every time and can give you the upper hand in quite a few situations.

I also go for airsoft since its sooo damn cheap. I played the last three weekends on 20 bucks and shot about 4000 BBs. I play paintball one day and its 50 bucks for a case.

last thing though, i think there almost should be a minimum enggement distance in paintball. or at least more strict rules about overshooting. I played last weekend at CEPP in sacramento and someone blasted me literally 20-22 times from about 5-6 feet away. I am not down with that
20 hits, yeah right? if it was actually 20 anybody in the right mind who light that f***** back up for it. that would be some serious bs if it was actually20, i highly dout the field would let that person get away with that, think about it thats almost 2 whole seconds on psp ramping. did he bunker you? or were u walking off the field? cuz if you walked into his lane thats ur fault.

WTB Marq 6/7/vice rubber grips with window for Virtue OLED boards.
Aviator89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:44 PM #28
Ditchpig1
ApocNvp

Thats believable. AEGs running lipo batterys can hit 28bps pretty easily. 20 to 24 is pretty average for a lipo gun.
Ditchpig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:09 PM #29
OG Mooninite

OG Mooninite owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
OG Mooninite owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OG Mooninite supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator89 View Post
20 hits, yeah right? if it was actually 20 anybody in the right mind who light that f***** back up for it. that would be some serious bs if it was actually20, i highly dout the field would let that person get away with that, think about it thats almost 2 whole seconds on psp ramping. did he bunker you? or were u walking off the field? cuz if you walked into his lane thats ur fault.
nah bro, i was in the snake and it was the HK play with the pros day. I was snake side and took 3 guys out and finally got to 2nd knuckle, and scott kressin, mark kressins brother goggle shotted me. I put my hand up but he proceeded to shoot me all over my body and gun. my fingernails were shot off he was so close and my hand was bleeding and swollen.

I almost did start shooting him again cause he was ****in like 3 feet away only on the other side of the knuckle and shooting me literally 20 or more times. they got away with it since hes on HK. The ref was standing right there and didnt even say anything. I got in his face and called him a ****** though and talked ****. Those guys are just douchebags and were bonus balling hardcore all day long on PSP.

Sponsored by:

Revolution Paintball

Last edited by OG Mooninite : 03-02-2011 at 09:11 PM.
OG Mooninite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:15 PM #30
wangatang

I just started doing paintball after doing airsoft for a time. One things for sure, paintball is expensive for someone who isn't 15 with a job. $25 a week from a lawn mowing job doesn't get you very far. But I'll go with everyone else by saying if I'm going to play paintball, I want speedball/hyperball, and if I want to play airsoft I want a large woodland game.
wangatang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:44 PM #31
TrueTexan
Texas born, Texas proud!

TrueTexan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TrueTexan has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I agree %100 with the guy above me. I also lol at that picture.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
-Vince Lombardi
TrueTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:30 PM #32
Ninjacapo

paintball is more fun cuz it gets ur adreniline rushing harder airsoft doesnt hurt so u dont get that blood pumping its more expensive but i think its just an all around better experiance i hav nothing against airsoft but i love paintballing also when it comes to my etek vs my bros automatic carbine or whtever airsoft gun he has id pick the etek every time
Ninjacapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:40 PM #33
Ninjacapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalGreenLeaf
@ anyone opposing my post..I've been playing ten years..Most of you just turned ten by the looks of it....I'll destroy you in both sports...No lies.
lmfao jus cuz uve been playing 10 years doesnt make u a pro i know people that hav been playin like a max of 4 years and could rape everybody that showed up at the field i took my little 13 yearold bro out for a full day (about six hours) and the kid got hit 4 times not bad concidering we played about 12 games and went through a case of paint each so sir... please calm ur boner u aint as badass as u think u are
Ninjacapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:09 AM #34
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
iv played airsoft for 6 years and paintball for 3 and i can honestly say that they are all a matter of personality and from what iv seen maturity. i never hear a single dick remark when im playing airsoft. the people i play with are generally 20-40 year old retired military, and they would rather help you succeed and fit in then bash you for running out at the wrong time.

i usually play airsoft every sunday at a local paintball field but occasionally i just dont feel like taking it slow and tacticle and i jump in for a day of speedball. and sometimes ill get a hard on for speedball and play that for months then switch back to airsoft. its all a matter of preference.

i also think the comparison should be more woodsball vs airsoft. not paintball in general because speedball cannot be compared to anything you see in airsoft. its like comparing a fighter jet and a helocopter, it just doesnt work.

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 07:47 AM #35
firl21
Atlanta Overdose

firl21 is playing at Living Legends VI
firl21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatedNubbycake View Post
iv played airsoft for 6 years and paintball for 3 and i can honestly say that they are all a matter of personality and from what iv seen maturity. i never hear a single dick remark when im playing airsoft. the people i play with are generally 20-40 year old retired military, and they would rather help you succeed and fit in then bash you for running out at the wrong time.

i usually play airsoft every sunday at a local paintball field but occasionally i just dont feel like taking it slow and tacticle and i jump in for a day of speedball. and sometimes ill get a hard on for speedball and play that for months then switch back to airsoft. its all a matter of preference.

i also think the comparison should be more woodsball vs airsoft. not paintball in general because speedball cannot be compared to anything you see in airsoft. its like comparing a fighter jet and a helocopter, it just doesnt work.
For me gear reliablity is the major point. I feel paintball has more reliable gear,

but what about a osprey. its a heloplane?
#21 Atlanta Overdose

Check us out on facebook

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL PAINTBALL FIELD
Major Azodin Fan
firl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:31 AM #36
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firl21 View Post
For me gear reliablity is the major point. I feel paintball has more reliable gear,

but what about a osprey. its a heloplane?
I completely disagree. I would go ahead and say Airsoft has far more reliable gear than Paintball, only because Airsoft is primarily gear used by the military or police. The materials, like Cordura, is way more durable than the nylon and elastic in Paintball gear.
MangoChutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:05 PM #37
firl21
Atlanta Overdose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoChutney View Post
I completely disagree. I would go ahead and say Airsoft has far more reliable gear than Paintball, only because Airsoft is primarily gear used by the military or police. The materials, like Cordura, is way more durable than the nylon and elastic in Paintball gear.
im referreing to the guns.
i had 2 m4's and both broke on me.

i have had 2 paintball markers and none ever broke.
#21 Atlanta Overdose

Check us out on facebook

Major Azodin Fan
Old 12-25-2011, 09:11 PM #38
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firl21 View Post
im referreing to the guns.
i had 2 m4's and both broke on me.

i have had 2 paintball markers and none ever broke.
Guns are equal quality too. Paintball and Airsoft guns will both last forever if you do proper maintenance, the only reason Airsoft may seem lower quality is because there is a much broader spectrum of guns. You can get a ****ty M4 for $80 or a Systema for $1,500.
MangoChutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:25 AM #39
firl21
Atlanta Overdose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoChutney View Post
Guns are equal quality too. Paintball and Airsoft guns will both last forever if you do proper maintenance, the only reason Airsoft may seem lower quality is because there is a much broader spectrum of guns. You can get a ****ty M4 for $80 or a Systema for $1,500.
i stand corrected.
#21 Atlanta Overdose

Check us out on facebook

Major Azodin Fan
Old 12-26-2011, 05:15 PM #40
PhantomDuckie

PhantomDuckie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PhantomDuckie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have started trying out airsoft and been playing paintball since 1999. The only difference I have seen so far is the pace of the game. I run alot in paintball even for a scenario player but I didn't have the same feeling of having to run to my objective. It was more like I assumed that I started 10 after the other team and I had to pick my way to my objective (we started at the same time). Also, the only other problem I have with airsoft is I can only see my shots out to 20-25yrds while I can watch my shots in paintball much farther (yes I know it may have something do to with size of the shots and the non-marking nature of airsoft) Thats really the only differences, I have. I did also get a vibe from people that they hated the paintball players not sure why. Didn't bug me much.

Doing what I do and getting lost behind emeny lines 1 field at a time.
PhantomDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:39 PM #41
SilentBall55

Both are fun, depending on the organizer and the field set up.

I have been to fun paintball games and boring paintball games. Same with airsoft.

You can play badly organized airsoft in the woods and get bored or play in a very organized events and that is fun for sure.

You will get people from each side hate the other side. You got to remember, paintball and airsoft are both different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdnk2...2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3-W6...4tQ&playnext=1

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 10-30-2012 at 06:44 PM.
SilentBall55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:24 PM #42
Nick L

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalGreenLeaf View Post
@ anyone opposing my post..I've been playing ten years..Most of you just turned ten by the looks of it....I'll destroy you in both sports...No lies.
If most of these people just turned ten I feel sorry for you, they are more mature than you, "no lies" people like you are the ones that ruin these dicussions
Nick L is offline   Reply With Quote