airsoft vs paintball

who wins?
planetego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2010, 07:17 PM #2
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Both have pros and cons, both are fairly similar. I prefer airsoft since it's cheaper and I prefer the 'respawn' idea rather than one hit you're out until the next game.
MangoChutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:22 AM #3
Petis_spyderman
Soberity Kills Me.

has been a member for 10 years
airsoft is cheaper for start off costs. BB's compared to paint is like comparing dirt to gold. A bag of 5000 BB's for 15 +/- bucks versus a case of field paint 60 +/- bucks. Maintenance is a draw. Depending on what type of gun, airsoft or otherwise, there will be work involved. I lean more toward airsoft because there's only a few different types of gearboxes, and once you've mastered your first, well, the rest will be simple. I used to love the speedball scene, but I'm really tired of soccermoms dropping their kids off to the field with unlimited spending. I guess the airsoft scene around here is more older/mature.

I say get a job and do both.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:54 AM #4
TacticalGreenLeaf

Both the same game. Smaller ammunition. Paintball is more athletic. Paintball requires you to push yourself everytime that horn goes off. Airsoft is more realistic. You move slow and use teamwork/tactics outsmart the enemy. Paintball is about firepower. And in all reality. NO ONE ON EARTH CAN SAY AIRSOFT HURTS MORE THAN PAINTBALL. I play both sports. Airsoft is almost painless. A paintball can **** you up from a foot away. On that note. Paintball guns shoot better all around. Airsoft guns are a little more finicky and fragile compared to a paintball gun. It will get better with time.
TacticalGreenLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:42 AM #5
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalGreenLeaf View Post
Both the same game. Smaller ammunition. Paintball is more athletic. Paintball requires you to push yourself everytime that horn goes off. Airsoft is more realistic. You move slow and use teamwork/tactics outsmart the enemy. Paintball is about firepower. And in all reality. NO ONE ON EARTH CAN SAY AIRSOFT HURTS MORE THAN PAINTBALL. I play both sports. Airsoft is almost painless. A paintball can **** you up from a foot away. On that note. Paintball guns shoot better all around. Airsoft guns are a little more finicky and fragile compared to a paintball gun. It will get better with time.
Overall I agree, especially that Paintball hurts more than Airsoft. Except I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree, respectfully of course, on your point about Airsoft being slow and Paintball being about firepower. It really depends on the player, field, guns being used and if it's a nice day out.

Plus, you can't say Airsofters don't have as much firepower as Paintballers when a single hi-cap M4 mag holds over 2x as much as a standard hopper. Other than that, your comparison is pretty dead on.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:26 PM #6
TacticalGreenLeaf

Touche. To be debated.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:29 PM #7
XSVFAN890 V2.0
I'll meet you overboard.

XSVFAN890 V2.0 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
XSVFAN890 V2.0 supports our troops
I prefer paintball...
My only airsoft experience was:
"YOU'RE OUT!"
"NO I'M NOT!"
"YES YOU ****ING ARE!"
Then more yelling.
Paintball is more fun to me anyway.
XSVFAN890 V2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:36 PM #8
TacticalGreenLeaf

huh....bet ive been playing paintball longer than you...wonder why i dont feel that way...maybe u didnt play right...Do you even know the rules? You probably didnt even hit ANYBODY.... Because it sounds like youve played about....ONCE....
Old 12-24-2010, 01:03 AM #9
XSVFAN890 V2.0
I'll meet you overboard.

Quote:
huh....bet ive been playing paintball longer than you...wonder why i dont feel that way...maybe u didnt play right...Do you even know the rules? You probably didnt even hit ANYBODY.... Because it sounds like youve played about....ONCE....
Fanboy much? And it doesn't matter how long you've been playing paintball. You could have been playing since the dawn of time and it wouldn't make airsoft anymore interesting. And you can take "been playing longer than you" **** and shove it up your ***.

Last edited by XSVFAN890 V2.0 : 12-24-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:08 AM #10
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Yeah, really, don't start arguments like this. It's sort of obvious that your account is for a store or field and this is clearly a different user. Just stay civil and don't be a dick.

Also, don't assume you've been playing ____ longer than _____. That sounds pretty douchey and you might not have been playing longer.

I play both Airsoft and Paintball, and can safely say more people 'cheat' in Airsoft than Paintball for sure. In Airsoft they either don't feel the hit, hits an extremity (hand, foot, etc.) or they are just not in the mood to call hits.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:06 PM #11
DeltaDark
what is up

Are you guys all playing with spring pistols? Airsoft hurts a ****load more than paintball. Almost everybody has a good time when they go paintballing, but almost every other time i've been airsofting, it ended up either walking around in the woods for an hour with no action, or people just crying about how they didn't feel me blast them while they're wearing their 3 inch thick tactical vest. Also airsoft guns are a pain in the *** compared to paintball.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:42 PM #12
kamikaze!!!

kamikaze!!! owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kamikaze!!! supports Sherwood Forest
Paintball is way faster paced. Even CQB in airsoft isn't that fast. You can never tell when someone is out in airsoft. Airsoft guns arent reliable enough. On the other hand Tippys can be dropped from a 2 story house and still work
kamikaze!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 AM #13
rbsboi91
needs a job

rbsboi91 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
rbsboi91 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If you get down to the physics of it the paintball has more energy when it hits you than the airsoft bb. They can both fly at roughly the same speed, but the paintball is heavier. That gives it more energy in route to you. Where the diffrence is is in how the projectile reacts when it hits you. The paintball usually breaks when it hits you projecting the energy over a larger area. The airsoft bb just bounces off focusing almost all the energy into one small spot on your body. The diffrence in the hits may sound negligible but you seem to feel the airsoft more than the paintball. That dosn't mean that airsoft hurts more, it just means you feel it more. As for the cost... airsoft. You can get an O.K. rifle\shotgun look alike for around 20-50 dollars. On the other hand a starter paintball kit can run anywhere from 100-500 dollars. I'm not even going to mention the ammunition. Still there just seems to be something about paintball that makes it more fun than airsoft (for me anyway).
Old 01-07-2011, 07:53 PM #14
CVeaglespaintball
NYU '17

CVeaglespaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CVeaglespaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
CVeaglespaintball supports Empire
^^I agree that paintball is more fun, but having 46 friends over to play a 6 hour game of airsoft on a 9 acre field even gives jesus a raging hard-on. and almost all of us play paintball so it plays pretty fast and intense. Oh and to handle cheaters, we use the firing squad method. 45 people shooting at you is a strong deterrent and i've never had a cheating problem since we put in that rule. But paintball still wins hands down
CVeaglespaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:53 PM #15
Shoker14
Pittsburgh Paintball

Shoker14 plays in the PSP
Shoker14 supports Team VICIOUS
Shoker14 plays in the APPA D4 division
Shoker14 supports DLX Technology
I perfer both but I like paintball better because its played at a faster pace and there is less cheating involved but airsoft is way cheaper so there both good in my book i guess.
Shoker14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:19 PM #16
Bradlutz

paintball is way more fun and people cant cheat
Bradlutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:43 AM #17
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradlutz View Post
paintball is way more fun and people cant cheat
I guess you've never heard of wiping?

Both have their pros and cons. The only real similarity between the two is that it's about two teams shooting each other with some type of gun.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:24 AM #18
Riversg37

i do both airsoft and paintball
Riversg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:15 AM #19
TacticalGreenLeaf

@ anyone opposing my post..I've been playing ten years..Most of you just turned ten by the looks of it....I'll destroy you in both sports...No lies.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:36 AM #20
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

Quote:
@ anyone opposing my post..I've been playing ten years..Most of you just turned ten by the looks of it....I'll destroy you in both sports...No lies.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:40 PM #21
XSVFAN890 V2.0
I'll meet you overboard.

Quote:
My dick... suck it.
Is it cold down there? In your mom's basement? I bet it is.

Get over yourself, Internet Rambo.

EDIT - well that picture basically said it all...