PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-28-2001, 04:06 PM #1
socklesswhitey
WHAT U THNK I SOLD EM ALL

has been a member for 10 years
what barrel do you own? do you like it? tell me some pros and cons of the barrel.

plz, dont let a loved one wear the brass eagle mask in my avatar. freinds don let friends wear brass eagle.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2001, 04:50 PM #2
Predator
10+

Predator is a Supporting Member
Predator is a founding member
Predator has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i own an all american 16 inch...the only con i can think of is its 16 inches..and sometimes gets in the way...it is accurate and pretty quiet.

i also own a BOA Concealer...its a silenced barrel..some of the cons are they are as far as i know illegal in most tourneys...they are kinda heavy and if u sight of your barrel the silencer gets in the way...it is the most quiet and accurate barrel i have ever seen...i had to get it made special for like 95 dollars but its well worth it.
Old 02-28-2001, 04:54 PM #3
Avram
Happier when naked.

I have a 12" J&J Ceramic and it shoots good paint GREAT, but the few times I've had to shoot bad paint, it was horrible. It does clean the breaks well though - problem is, that doesn't matter since the bad paint doesn't fly straight anyway.

Overall, I've been quite happy with it, especially for the price.
Old 02-28-2001, 06:12 PM #4
thundercock
Drunk with Power

my collestion

Blazer:
Palmer 11" nickel plated elliptical honed .688 will shot just about anything
BOA 8.5 Snakebite (it's old) was a cocker barrel that I had lathed down to fit. Also shoot just about anything. Not sure on bore.

Cocker:
Smart Parts All American 12" big bore, don't use it
Smart Parts Venturi 8.5" also big, also doesn’t fit on cocker.
SS 8.5" medium bore, not sure who makes it Devaut said it was a Taso, but to me the tip looks the same as my Marker Steel Wind (below. This one works well with most anything also it cleans quick too, usually just shoot through a Gak
Freak Deluxe, 10" all black. So far works great, easy to clean. Not the happiest in the rain, but that’s what happens with that many holes in the tip. Going to get the All American tip for this soon
Boomstick 10" also for the cocker should be here soon

Automag:
Marker Steel Wind 8.5" this is my fav. Mag barrel, I have had it for 6 years now and once I got the nubbin correct this thing has never let me down. Dawn from Warpig told me to get this bad boy way back when and I still thank every time I see her. I has worked well with most paint, I spend $125 on this thing 6 years ago from I&I (ended up to be only $75 was a flyer in the box and they where on sale.
Marker Steel Win 12" got this of EBay for like $30 haven't used it much, haven't used my Mag a lot lately.
14" Boomstick, it's longer then I like my barrels, it on the bigger side of middle, this one gets loaned out to my friends a lot.
Smart Parts 8.5" Venturi she big too, got it cheap too used from the paintball store.

Others:
Got a Lap co for a Phantom, mis shipped from G3 going to get it lathed down also for the Blazer its 11.5"
Stock autococker barrel (very old) 6" maybe? On the ranger going to Devaut
Crownpoint Stock Automag barrel, put in it's time but rarely used now.

TC
Old 03-01-2001, 05:59 PM #5
JohnnyRyall8

I've got a flatline barrel. i love it. the distance it gives me is unbelievable. you have to feed it good paint, though, or else it shreds the balls. also, once a ball does break, it is pretty difficult to get the barrel fully clean. It is still well worth the money. I also have a dye aluminum barrel. it is a great barrel. it shoots very accurate and is nice and light.

Last edited by JohnnyRyall8 : 03-01-2001 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2001, 08:37 PM #6
FireViper
Mobile Bunker

16in armson stealth shoots great,gets good distance, quiet,
cons: one break and nothing but bad shots and more breaks follow(but that's usual of most barrels)
Old 03-01-2001, 09:02 PM #7
lucky13
Sean MCduff

10in titanium

pros cons
small too darn expensive
acurate
cleans out quick
light as anything
Old 03-01-2001, 09:52 PM #8
urbunkered (Banned)

12 inch tear drop
Old 03-02-2001, 12:55 AM #9
Predator
10+

lucky13 what gun do u have the titanium barrel on??? Where did u get it?
Old 03-03-2001, 12:30 PM #10
JtuSa

12" Black CP

This barrel is awesome! I'll tell ya about a little test I did. I screwed on my stock barrel, fired my gun a couple times... boy was it loud! then I shot my gun with no barrel on.. loud also. So then I screw on the cp barrel, and that barrel made my gun so quiet... everyone around me was like.. that barrel sure does do the job. Its a very accurate barrel to.

Pros:
-Awesome look
-Accurate
-Quiet
-gas efficent(sp?)

Cons:
-On the tip of the barrel, I have a lil chip
-Once a ball breaks, you have to fire the gun a couple times to get it clean enuff to shoot straight.

I would recommend this barrel to anyone that wants a new barrel and doesn't want to spend a lot of money.
COG #0239
-[[[[Team SC Impact]]]]-
Hey Osama, I got your mama..in the room..the bomb go BOOM..she gave me head..and now shes dead.
Old 03-03-2001, 05:41 PM #11
Budha
Paint Slüt

DYE SS. I like heavy barrels. It keeps my cocker stable to shoot fast. It is heavy, but it shoots hella nice.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 03-03-2001, 06:08 PM #12
jookie

jookie is a Supporting Member
Mag
~16" PMI ceramic barrel - i dont know where to buy these, i got it in a trade but it is one nice barrel. it is dead on accurate and pretty quiet. its my all time favorite barrel.
~12" CP barrel - this barrel hasnt got much action, the wire nubbin thing is screwed up so i cant use it. from what i hear this is a good barrel tho.

M98
~14" Tru Flight barrel - this barrel cost me $20. everyone who has one says they suck but i guess i am just weird cuz i love it. it shoots accurate and isnt too loud and is a all around good barrel for $20.
~Stock barrel - m98 stock barrels just suck! they are the worst barrels out there i believe.

Spyder
~Stock barrel - this barrel shoots ok. it shoots like its supposed to, its a stock barrel.
~14" Dye Xcel barrel - this barrel is sweet. it shoots extremely far and has excellent range for being on a stock spyder compact. i highly recommend this barrel to all spyder owners.

My Feedback
Old 03-03-2001, 06:40 PM #13
unrealtrip
come get some

A bunch of em for the different guns I've got, but my personal favorite is my 12" DYE Stainless for my Autococker. It is quiet, easy to clean and very tough.

The downsides, it is shiny (stainless steel gee I wonder why ) and it is heavy.

I shoot marbelizer through it and *very rarely* get any breaks. In fact, the last 3 times I played I had no breaks and I went through quite a bit of paint. Maybe I'm just lucky. Then again, I don't do much rapid fire, I take a shot, if it didn't hit.. pause, take another, etc.

-neo
"but the oracle told me..."
Old 03-04-2001, 08:19 AM #14
NytRanger

Current guns in the family:

Talon - working on modification
Sheridan Jackal - stock
Stingray Red Ice - stock
Spyder Compact 2k - 14" CP
Piranha - 14" CP
F-4 - 14" Dye SS
MicroMag - SP Freak Sys 14"
Old 03-04-2001, 07:14 PM #15
speed_GA
GO MAVS

speed_GA is a founding member
speed_GA supports Empire
I own a Lapco Bigshot

Well here is my reasons I like the Lapco Big shot:

1. Very accurate(you could literally shoot paintball on top of paintball sometimes)

2.One of the best Barrel's out there.

3.Same accuracy as the dye boomstick but it is louder than the boomy.

4.I can shoot people's hoppers in like 5 shots now.

5. Test have proven it's accuracy.(go to the Lapco site and look for the link to the barrel test)

6. It is Gas Efficient.

7. They blow out all the barrels in it's class in accuracy.

8. All around good barrel.

Inconclusion this is the best barrel I have owned and don't be fooled b/c the price is so low it is the most accurate barrel out there. I am for real when I shoot two paintballs real fast they land on top of each other and that should tell you how accurate it is. Also just to give you a idea on how loud it is, it is about as loud as a stock barrel on a spyder paintball gun. If you use really small paint get the lapco autospirt it is the same accuracy but it is made for small bore paint and if you use medium paint get the Big shot. But who cares how loud it is when it has the best accuracy. If I were you I would get a Lapco they have good quality products and there barrels are awesome.
Old 03-05-2001, 07:33 AM #16
sorisko

I think it really depends on your gun... If you have a Stingray 2, I really recommend going out and buying the $30 Custom barrel for it. It really improved accuracy, and made it quieter. It also got rid of the barrel twisting around... The only con about it, is that it is a 12" and makes your gun seem even larger then it already was. Check out the Stingray Picture Thread to see what Im talking about...
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=434

Last edited by sorisko : 03-05-2001 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-05-2001, 04:57 PM #17
Predator
10+

yeah i seen stingray II's with those barrels they work sooo much better with the custome barrel than the stock
Old 03-05-2001, 10:31 PM #18
Halliday

barrels

Shocker 4x4
Stock SP 16" All American: Med bore, a little heavy, AMAZINGLY accurate.
J&J 14" Ceramic: Med bore, light as a feather, "blah" grey, gogs players from 100ft away on the second shot!

PF Automag Classic:
12" 32deg Carbon Fiber: Med bore, cool "holographic weave" pattern, heavier than you'd think because of the steel back, super loud, pretty darn accurate.
Old 03-06-2001, 08:35 AM #19
sorisko

I just bought a Smart Parts Boss Progressive barrel... I havent tried it, but from what I hear from people its a great barrel....
Old 03-06-2001, 10:59 AM #20
Jedi
I am Pave

Thumbs up 12" Boomstick and 14" infinity barrel

on my Dark LCD

They are both excellent barrels, I prefer the boomer as it is shorter which suits my game better ( I play Sup-Airball exclusively).

www.planeteclipse.com
www.bouja.com
www.completepaintball.com
Old 03-09-2001, 07:48 PM #21
amargio1

i have a 10 inch armson stealth barrel and it rocks ..best barrel on my timmy ever.......had boomers and cp's and the like and none shoot like this barrel....