Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 07:05 PM #1
DylanC
 
 
DylanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: White Plains, NY
DylanC supports Sherwood Forest
ShockTech bolt testing results!!

Alright, today i went down to my shop and picked up a some paint and filled up 2 of my tanks. I picked up a fresh battery, cleaned out my gun, relubed it, and aired her up.

My setup:
- (gen3)Invert mini, stock barrel, shocktech bolt, and everything else is stock.
- 50/45 Ninja Tank
- Invert too Hopper

Shocktecht bolt:
- Lighter than stock bolt.
- Slides on bolt guide like butter.
- It is blue
- Has a cool design in the front of the bolt, that i noticed prevents rollback and pieces of paint/junk from getting past the bolt.

My settings: What i found best that works amazing with this bolt!
- Dwell: 23 flashes, which is 5.75 miliseconds of dwell!
- PSI: 195/200
- Backcap: 3/4 turned out about (Mine is chronod, and its about 290/300)
- Left all the other settings alone!!!!

Result:
- No kick at all.
- Amazing efficiancy, i got 2 bags of a 50/45 filled to 4k (1000 paintballs)
- Smoother shot.

My rating of the shocktech bolt: 9/10.

LOOK - I do not advise you to remove the rear oring on the bolt.. It is there for a reason, just leave it alone. They would not put it there, if it did not have a purpose.

Other bolts i own: TechT MRT bolt, Orange bolt, and stock. I prefer this one out of all of them.
__________________
Dm8 - Bring pumps
DylanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2010, 09:49 PM #2
alpha badger
Ballin in the wasteland
 
alpha badger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: colorado
not bad! i like the way you organized the results. thats a HELL of a lot better than my mini. i only get about 1100 rounds off of a 70/45 tank so congrats to you

i had terrible results with the techt delrin bolt. my 98 custom shot more consistent than that thing did lol
__________________
GO CU BUFFS!!!

"So why do you call it the snake side?
Cause last time i slid in there i found a 'rattler"

WASTELAND BALLERS LEGION
alpha badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:20 PM #3
DylanC
 
 
DylanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: White Plains, NY
DylanC supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha badger View Post
not bad! i like the way you organized the results. thats a HELL of a lot better than my mini. i only get about 1100 rounds off of a 70/45 tank so congrats to you

i had terrible results with the techt delrin bolt. my 98 custom shot more consistent than that thing did lol
I just got my techt mrt bolt in 5 days ago, put about a case threw it, took it out of the gun, and put back in my shocktech bolt. I told my field i had the techt bolt in there, and they would not even look at the gun until i put back in the stock bolt or the shocktech.
__________________
Dm8 - Bring pumps
DylanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:32 PM #4
alpha badger
Ballin in the wasteland
 
alpha badger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: colorado
^ i dont blame em lol
__________________
GO CU BUFFS!!!

"So why do you call it the snake side?
Cause last time i slid in there i found a 'rattler"

WASTELAND BALLERS LEGION
alpha badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:56 PM #5
shakenbake55 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: jerzee
the efficiency is about the same i get with my stock bolt. i get about 1300 shots out of a 68/45. i think bolts are a waste of money. they are more trouble then they are worth
shakenbake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:05 PM #6
DylanC
 
 
DylanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: White Plains, NY
DylanC supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake55 View Post
the efficiency is about the same i get with my stock bolt. i get about 1300 shots out of a 68/45. i think bolts are a waste of money. they are more trouble then they are worth
Im gonna have to disagree with you on that one... This bolt really does improve performance.
__________________
Dm8 - Bring pumps
DylanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:43 PM #7
p3ngu!n
oh looky, a penguin.
 
p3ngu!n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: florida
He said he got 2 bags off of a 50/45...


That's a good difference.


Just wish you wouldn use the stock barrel.
__________________
Originally posted by Outlawed, "She's going viral... Man the BOXXYGUN!!!"
p3ngu!n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:45 PM #8
shakenbake55 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: jerzee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanC View Post
Im gonna have to disagree with you on that one... This bolt really does improve performance.
if the mini is tuned correctly then there isnt a better bolt than stock
shakenbake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:56 AM #9
that guy over there
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake55 View Post
if the mini is tuned correctly then there isnt a better bolt than stock
And you can prove this because you have tried them all?
that guy over there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:00 AM #10
shakenbake55 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: jerzee
Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy over there View Post
And you can prove this because you have tried them all?
no not all of them but a orange and mrt. both were crap. waste of money. my stock works much better and much less tuning.
shakenbake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:54 AM #11
Ninja1058
bucking fitch
 
Ninja1058's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Jersey
Ninja1058 helped look for balloons
Ninja1058 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ninja1058 supports Team VICIOUS
Ninja1058 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake55 View Post
if the mini is tuned correctly then there isnt a better bolt than stock
false. i had mini with NDZ bolt and spring kit. tuned to near perfection and got nearly a case off of a 68/45. no matter how much i tuned the stock bolt and spring, i could get some pretty amazing efficiency but nothing near a case
Ninja1058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:18 AM #12
DylanC
 
 
DylanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: White Plains, NY
DylanC supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake55 View Post
if the mini is tuned correctly then there isnt a better bolt than stock
Bro are you kidding me, The stock bolt has alot of friction on the bolt guide, and the shocktech bolt glides on it like butter. So, how can you say that there is no better bolt when tuned? I have tuned the stock bolt, and tried every possible setting you could do and the shocktech one got more shots of my tank, shot much smoother, quieter, less kick, and is lighter than the stock bolt...

Shocktech has been producing bolts for a very long time now, and they know what they are doing. When you buy there products you are gonna buy something that will help improve the performance of your gun.
__________________
Dm8 - Bring pumps
DylanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:41 AM #13
shakenbake55 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: jerzee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja1058 View Post
false. i had mini with NDZ bolt and spring kit. tuned to near perfection and got nearly a case off of a 68/45. no matter how much i tuned the stock bolt and spring, i could get some pretty amazing efficiency but nothing near a case
yes im sure you were able to but you have to adjust it all the time which makes it more trouble than its worth. i tried 2 of them and didnt like either one.
shakenbake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:42 AM #14
shakenbake55 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: jerzee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanC View Post
Bro are you kidding me, The stock bolt has alot of friction on the bolt guide, and the shocktech bolt glides on it like butter. So, how can you say that there is no better bolt when tuned? I have tuned the stock bolt, and tried every possible setting you could do and the shocktech one got more shots of my tank, shot much smoother, quieter, less kick, and is lighter than the stock bolt...

Shocktech has been producing bolts for a very long time now, and they know what they are doing. When you buy there products you are gonna buy something that will help improve the performance of your gun.
yadiyadiya
i see your on that bought into the hype. bro its pretty much all in your head.
shakenbake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:17 AM #15
DylanC
 
 
DylanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: White Plains, NY
DylanC supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake55 View Post
yadiyadiya
i see your on that bought into the hype. bro its pretty much all in your head.
You really need to stop talking. You obviously have not owned a shocktech bolt. Also, you need to grow up a little.
__________________
Dm8 - Bring pumps
DylanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:19 AM #16
DylanC
 
 
DylanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: White Plains, NY
DylanC supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake55 View Post
yes im sure you were able to but you have to adjust it all the time which makes it more trouble than its worth. i tried 2 of them and didnt like either one.
You tried 2 of them? Which 2 may i ask, what were your settings? What did you have yout psi set at? What paint were you using? Did you install it correctly? Do you think you know more than everyone else on here?
__________________
Dm8 - Bring pumps
DylanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:35 AM #17
Ninja1058
bucking fitch
 
Ninja1058's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Jersey
Ninja1058 helped look for balloons
Ninja1058 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ninja1058 supports Team VICIOUS
Ninja1058 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake55 View Post
yes im sure you were able to but you have to adjust it all the time which makes it more trouble than its worth. i tried 2 of them and didnt like either one.
you said you used the orange and mrt bolt. orange or mrt =/= NDZ
Ninja1058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:05 PM #18
DylanC
 
 
DylanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: White Plains, NY
DylanC supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja1058 View Post
you said you used the orange and mrt bolt. orange or mrt =/= NDZ
True, as i stated the the orange bolt and the techt mrt bolt are useless. But, i guess he skipped that part. Im gonna be picking up the NDZ and lurker bolt when i get my paycheck next week.

Also guys, expect a invert mini bolt show coming.
__________________
Dm8 - Bring pumps
DylanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:41 PM #19
that guy over there
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake55 View Post
no not all of them but a orange and mrt. both were crap. waste of money. my stock works much better and much less tuning.
Off the top of my head i can name the orange, 2 MRT's, the NDZ and the lurker bolt. So you have tried under 50% of the popular bolts. And i know you haven't tried every tuning combination on them, so you saying the stock bolt is best is completely useless.
that guy over there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:53 PM #20
alpha badger
Ballin in the wasteland
 
alpha badger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanC View Post
Also guys, expect a invert mini bolt show coming.
woohoooo!
__________________
GO CU BUFFS!!!

"So why do you call it the snake side?
Cause last time i slid in there i found a 'rattler"

WASTELAND BALLERS LEGION
alpha badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:00 PM #21
pballin16
FelizNavidon't
 
pballin16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Annual Supporting Member
pballin16 is a Moderator
pballin16 donated to help Peyton Trent
pballin16 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pballin16 posts videos on PbNation
pballin16 is an NCPA player
pballin16 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Tempers need to be cooled down before people get in trouble.
__________________
Your questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ. If they're not, please feel free to ask a moderator.

Originally posted by K-9: :)<3 Clay
Hes my favorite Modder, and this **** better be quoted
Justin Bieber beaten by Selena Gomez-Video!
pballin16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump