PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-10-2010, 01:43 AM #1
Ryknow9588

has been a member for 10 years
So I got this SFT...

I recently aquired a new (to me, anyway) Shocker SFT. Serial is 4002, and from what Ive read I think its an 04. Was clearly a Ultimate Vision shocker because it has a Max flo manifold on it. Ive done my research on the gun and think it will make a nice project. I have a couple of questions though that I wasnt really able to find answers for.

One.. like I said, I have a max-flo manifold reg, and a gas thru grip. What pressure does the tank need to be set at? I imagine about 180 psi or so, since thats what goes into vert regs.. I just want to be sure.

Two.. I have the original vision board.. boots up with eyes off and all that jazz. Is it worth it to replace the board with a virtue, tadao, etc?

Three.. I am fully planning on replacing the bolt in it to an aftermarket.. most likely the eigenbolt when it hits. Fur sure the eigenbolt, actually. Always been happy with mag products from Lurker. But for now would it be wise to grab a used HE bolt just for that little edge? Would be polishing it myself I belive. Have access to a polishing wheel and that fun stuff.

Four.. Can anyone verify what year my SFT is? Like I said, I think its an 04 because of the serial and standard vision board. Also has a delrin piece on the bolt assembly.. not the firing can but something else that I cant remember the name of. (brain fart).

All help is appreciated!
Thanks all.
Ryknow9588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2010, 07:15 AM #2
mgeringer

Your input pressure from the tank can be anywhere between 160-200psi, depending on your dwell setting, and just the nature of each shocker. With the stock bolt I have to run mine close to 200PSI just to get the velocity I want without insane dwell. There is no magic pressure, some shockers just run lower than others.

After market boards have a much wider array of settings from debounce to anti-bolt stick, and then all of your firing modes, which if you're going to use the gun in a tournament, you'd probably want. Virtue is great with their lifetime warranty, but its preference.

Just order an Eigenbolt, they will be released ~2 weeks. www.lurkerpaintball.com (i think), or look in the thread for lurker's posts, has a link.

You can tell by the serial number, in the stickies there should be a link or just a table to show what SN's correspond to what years.
mgeringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:31 AM #3
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
It all depends on what you're using the marker for. If you're going to be playing tournaments with ramping, then yes, I would replace the board. As for the bolt, you're efficiency will most likely be terrible with that stock bolt. Swapping out the bolt and can for an HE version will definitely get you alot more shot per fill. The eigenbolt will be even better... Once it's released. When exactly that will be, no one knows. The delrin part of your bolt assembly is called the bolt sleeve. Hope this helps
Old 09-10-2010, 08:36 AM #4
Ryknow9588

Thanks for the help mg and fish. Looks like im going to try and grab up and HE can and guide and just wait for the eigenbolt for now. If my efficiency is just garbage, ill grab an HE bolt to hold me over.

Thanks for reminding me its called a bolt sleeve.. like I said.. brain fart.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:40 AM #5
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
picking up an HE guide and can won't help unless you have the HE bolt too
Old 09-10-2010, 04:26 PM #6
mgeringer

And if you get the Eigenbolt, it is designed to work best with stock parts, although the HE guide and can would do no harm.
mgeringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:27 PM #7
cs900
makin' chips

Annual Supporting Member
cs900 supports our troops
cs900 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishballer06 View Post
picking up an HE guide and can won't help unless you have the HE bolt too
unless he's planning to pick up a eigen bolt....which he said he is. In which case you won't need the HE can either, just the bolt guide.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:10 PM #8
Ryknow9588

Ok.. upon airing up my shocker first signs were good. No leaks, good seal. Turned it on, shot a few times pretty slow. Then I started to rapid fire. It started skipping shots, then the bolt just quit moving. The noid still clicks and you can hear the air its exhausting, but no bolt movement.

After that I tried increasing my dwell.. no luck. Then I tried raising the pressure on the max-flo manifold to find that once it gets up to about 175 psi the reg starts to vent itself. That is a complete mystery to me.

So.. any ideas? I dont think its the battery either, just put a new one in the gun.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:07 PM #9
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
The old Vision boards were semi auto only, so I would definitely replace the board if you are going to be playing in games that allow ramping. Saves some effort.

With regards to the Max-Flo air system reg, if it is the LP only version, then it has a pressure relief valve that releases pressure if you turn the output up too high. This takes the form of a brass (though might be chrome plated) nut in one of the four holes around the body of the reg.

If on the other hand the air is venting out of the adjustment cap of the reg, then this normally indicates that the reg needs a good clean (the poppet and valve seat assembly) or the small o-ring on the end of the piston needs replacing.

With regards to your marker, try replacing the battery anyway. Make sure that it's a fresh, good quality one. Have you cleaned and greased the o-rings, or tried replacing the o-rings altogether?
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:33 AM #10
Ryknow9588

Yes, I have replaced some of the orings after a thorough cleaning and re lubing. And the maxflo is venting out of the pressure release valve I assume, but the input gague is only reading ~160 psi. Gets up to about 175 before it starts leaking.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:58 AM #11
Uziel Gal

The LP only Max-Flos were aimed more at the closed bolt Shockers and Impulses that had even lower operating pressures than the SFT. In light of that, you may need to remove the pressure relief valve in order to get the pressure up high enough for your SFT without air being released.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:19 PM #12
bcrguy
F**k S**t Up...

bcrguy is playing at Living Legends VI
bcrguy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
just regarding your second question about the true original shocker board.. if you plan on just playing recball with it then its not really a needed upgrade, i put a nerve board in it for the extra dwell/recharge settings and the flipped switch.. ended up replacing the nerve board with a virtue today (planning on playing a few tourneys and when i play woodsball with my bros i want to cap it at like 8 or 9 bps..)

its entirely up to you but if you find a board for cheap you might as well.. increase the resale of your gun a bit if you have to sell..
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:06 AM #13
Ryknow9588

So how does one go about removing the pressure release valve? I figured if I removed it it would just be.. well... bad.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:17 AM #14
Uziel Gal

It would indeed be bad..... if you had a marker that couldn't cope with more than 175psi. Not the case in this instance.

Quite simply, unscrew the pressure relief valve, clean the threads, get a 1/8NPT threaded blanking plug, apply a little removable strength thread lock to the threads, and screw it in to the hole where the relief valve was. Leave the thread lock to cure overnight. You should then be able to use the full adjustment range of the output pressure adjuster.