PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-09-2010, 09:40 PM #1
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

has been a member for 10 years
Working class workout + IF Dieting.

Ok, so you all know I've been looking for a good strength-endurance workout. Well, I was recommended a strength-endurance workout recently from a friend in the military - so I figured I'd try it out. I have also been very interested in trying Intermittent fasting as a diet; luckily this semester my class schedule falls almost perfectly into place to allow me to do this.

So, I will be tracking my progress for the next month (assuming I'm allowed to workout come monday).

I will be sticking to this diet and workout religiously...as a test of my willpower and determination to be 1) as fit as possible, 2) a better body lol.

So, basically:

Diet:

10:00pm - 2:00pm = FAST
2:00pm - 10:00PM = EAT. (pre-workout Protein shake, Post = Carbs+Shake). No carbs past 8pm (pushed back due to IF diet).

Water: 1 gallon (3.26 liters) or more a day.
Supplements:
  • Fish Oil
  • Protein Powder (whey)
  • Multi-Vitamin
  • Advil...lulzzzzz

Workouts:

-Mon/Wed/Fri are actual lifting days.
-Tu/Th are burpee days.
-I will be doing 3 mile runs Monday/Tuesday and on Thursday and resting on Wednesday.
-Friday I will have a 5 mile run.

Sat/Sun will be complete rest days. After 2 weeks, I will be adding in a run day on Sat as well, but Sun will always be rest.

I will stretch daily.
-Once in the morning, lightly to warm up for the day.
-Full body after lifting.
-Legs and lower back after running.

Don't think I forgot anything - but if I did, ask about it or remind me. Hopefully I will be able to give a progress report next Saturday.

Last edited by Death_Taco : 09-10-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Death_Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2010, 10:13 AM #2
p8ntballoc11
Awaiting Email Confirmation

honestly you don't need any rest days. i would still run saturday and sunday, just not as hardcore. during track season we would run everyday.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:50 PM #3
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

UPDATE:
Day 2

I'm still getting hang of this diet, I didn't realize I could eat actual food...
http://www.leangains.com/search/label/Leangains%20Meals

good link for example meals. I think I obsess about calories and numbers too much - it seems that common sense eating will keep the diet healthy without the obsession of counting everything.

As far as the workout goes, it kicked my ***. I had muscles sore that I forgot I had - mainly including my hips from the Medicine ball wood choppers, clean/press and the 3-mile run.

As of tomorrow, I will be on:

-Animal Cuts
-Animal Pak
-Animal Omega
-ON Whey

Pictures will come at the end of the week.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:04 PM #4
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Update:

Day 3:

I think running after every workout session (3 miles) this soon is a bit much. I might replace the Wednesday cardio with 1000 meter swim w/ fins.

My dinner:

2 whole chicken breasts
bowl of spring mix
1 cup quinoa

lol
Old 09-16-2010, 05:26 PM #5
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Update:

Day 4:

Def need to change when I run - the intensity and stress on my quads from the WCF routine + DC Stretches + Running 3 miles right after is over training (read: hurting) my knee a bit - nothing serious but it might develop.

With cardio, it takes me ~2.5 hours at the gym.

10 minutes to gym
5 minute warm up
~1 hour to do the workout + rests
10 minutes DC stretches.
20-25 minutes cardio.
20 minutes stretches.
10 minute walk back
+5-10 minutes for random ****, like walking up stairs to gym, putting stuff away etc.

Animal Cuts + my water intake is making me piss every 20-30 minutes. I woke up at 8:45am, took my cuts. By 12:30 I had gone pee about...6 times?

Lean Gains is interesting, I'm starting to not be as hungry as I usually was - but I'm a little tired during the day (this is from not sleeping as much, which I think is result of over training which is making everything WAY too tight)

Pictures + Weigh in come Friday after workout.

Possible Changes:

I emailed Wiggy, see what his advice on cardio is. But I'm liking the swimming idea once a week. Maybe cut back cardio to non-workout days.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:41 AM #6
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Update:

Day 5:

Came across the Warrior Diet. Basically the same thing i'm doing now, but a lil' different in execution. Going to switch to that from Leangains.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:22 PM #7
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Why? LG is by far the most well thought out of the IF schemes for body recomposition.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:13 PM #8
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

It's essentially the same thing at the details. LG is hard for me to get my calories in - while at least WD will allow me to eat a couple fruits, juices and nuts during the day - with my heavy calorie intake after workout.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:18 PM #9
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
If you've read the leangains site you'd realize that the body treats "undereating" much differently than fasting. You're much more likely to have compliance issues eating some stuff than just fasting. (Due to fasting triggering endogenous catecholamine release and manipulating ghrelin.)
Old 09-17-2010, 04:26 PM #10
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Compliance issues?
Old 09-17-2010, 04:39 PM #11
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Undereating makes you hungrier than not eating at all, not to mention having psychological "give" in the diet can be problematic.

Maybe not an issue for you but I'm mentally weak as all get-out
Old 09-17-2010, 05:01 PM #12
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

haha. I mean - I don't see either being an issue. In your opinion, you think LG or WD is the better diet?

UPDATE:

EDIT: I'm getting used to it now. I take in a bit more protein at one time, but fart less. I also feel AMAZING after carbs lol - gogo dopamine.

Weighed in at 171.2lbs today. Probably a lot of water weight. BUT, I don't feel tired anymore during the day, felt energetic and had a crazy good day at the gym. Roommates said they saw a little difference, hopefully next weekend will be even better

Last edited by Death_Taco : 09-17-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:50 PM #13
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
I think LG is better, just remember that both essentially manipulate calories down by only allowing heavy eating after the workout where insulin sensitivity is highest.

My opinion is based on the body reacting favorably when fasted for the periods he recommends, I don't know how bringing up blood sugar levels periodically would affect things but my guts says negatively.

Last edited by Lurker27 : 09-17-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Lurker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:28 PM #14
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

I'm debating switching out my pre-workout shake with some BCAAs.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:20 PM #15
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Update:

Weekend!

First weekend on LG. It was kinda tough - but not really. Went out Friday night, and per LG kept my fat/carbs relatively low (I did workout, so not too low). I drank a bit...much lol. Hopefully it won't bite me in the ***, but hey - we'll see what happens.
Just had my first meal today, giant bowl of amazing veggies, bowl of Butternut squash soup, 1.5 chicken breasts marinated for 24 hours in 100% natural/organic BBQ sauce + Fiber one bar, my Animal Pak + about .5 liters of water lol.
I'm loving it now, getting used to the diet. Ordered some Xtend to take the place of protein for Pre-Workout.

EDIT:

I'm thinking that around November (after Phase 1) of this workout, I'm going to start lifting heavier again to get a little more strength/size. I'll be supplementing with Push up, abs and running on off days.

Last edited by Death_Taco : 09-19-2010 at 02:29 PM.