After searching everywhere for a PM5 frame and coming up with nothing I decided to move on to the next best thing, DM5 UL frame.
In this walkthrough I am going to show you how to make the DM5 UL frame fit so it will be tray length and nothing more. I am doing this b/c I plan on getting my viking FSP cut, so obvious it needs to be tray length or shorter.
Ok here we go:
First Lined up the frame just to see what all needed to be done to make it work......Going to use the stock front mount, so bare min it requires drilling a new rear mount and chopping off the back so it actually looks right:
First problem I ran into was that viking uses a bigger 10-32 screw to mount the frame so it wouldn't fit the stock mount:
After alot with various files I got it in:
Next problem, the channel for allen wrench was to small to fit a 1/8" wrench needed for the 10-32 screw so I had to drill it out:
After drilling the rear hole there was a problem with the screw not sitting level b/c of the slope in the frame so I had to flaten that area out:
Dremeled that area and was later clean up with sandpaper:
Next up, my favorite thing to do, hack up brand new parts with permanent mods
.....after measuring a few times it was time to chop off the back:
Next I decided to do something about the milled in slots that use to hold the dye logos.....since the rear was lobbed off there is no way the stickers are going to fit back in:
I used alot of different files and shaped it out to flow without having a hard line anywhere......after that I went crazy and smoothed out the middle and the front of the frame also so there is no hard edges. Ended up with this:
Finished and mounted:
All I got left is to make a tray to hold the microswitch since I am going to use the viking tadao board still, should have it finished up by tomorrow.
Obviously if you do this your going to need to send in the frame for anno.