Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2010, 08:35 PM #22
gameover718
Quack
 
gameover718's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
gameover718 helped look for balloons
The 4 events would favor for everyone. I think the idea will work.
gameover718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-09-2010, 09:40 PM #23
Reptar2005
 
 
Reptar2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa
Is MSXL going to increase the cap on teams per each division? This is another concern for the series.
__________________
Gameheads Paintball

Vampire V2 Victory!! & G6Rhttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3663247
Reptar2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:54 PM #24
Tapper
 
 
Tapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Owensboro Ky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptar2005
Is MSXL going to increase the cap on teams per each division? This is another concern for the series.
Curious, Why would this be a concern? 16 Race to 4 teams takes about 10 hrs. Its hard enough to find host that can provide 2 XBall fields. That's rolling matches with very short breaks.

We only hit 16 teams 1 time for D4 never got close D3
__________________
Thank you for playing the MSXL
Darin Tapp

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net

Last edited by Tapper : 09-09-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 PM #25
nichonitro
Mangiore Photography
 
nichonitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Saint Louis
Annual Supporting Member
nichonitro is a Paintball photographer
nichonitro is playing at Living Legends VII
How about OFFICIAL msxl photographer right here. this is for suggestions right? lol
__________________
nichonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:08 PM #26
underpressure69
Asylum What !!!!!
 
underpressure69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
underpressure69 plays in the PSP
underpressure69 plays in the APPA D3 division
When will this be up on appa
__________________
-Abilene Addiction D3x-
-Powered By: Kee, Hk, Virtue-
-H4tersGonnaH4te-
underpressure69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:16 PM #27
XshockadoctaX
Rocky Top.
 
XshockadoctaX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tennessee
XshockadoctaX plays in the PSP
XshockadoctaX is an NCPA player
haha robbie give it time to be on appa.

and i like the stretched out season. i know that money and time to recoup was an issue with BC this year. plus it gives teams the chance to attend PSP events as well if they would like to do so. My only concern though would be generating enough money to send the teams to cup and stuff. maybe five events

as far as events go, keep it in the mid-south!!! best idea ive heard all thread. My vote on venues goes to CHF, Asylum, PG/GAS...., and Owensboro of course. Mid south is a big plus

ive been with the series since the beginning and love seeing it grow. Keep it up Darrin. Text me if you want some input from me.
__________________
Tennessee Volunteers
Rocky Top is ALL IN!
Empire Paintball
Kee
Club President
XshockadoctaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:27 AM #28
mrof
 
 
mrof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
mrof plays in the PSP
mrof owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
mrof plays in the APPA D3 division
i would say start it earlier cancel the indoor events and do the first event in mid feb either at asslyum bec they have turf and a new indoor opening if its really bad or go as far south as possible where the high at that time may be 50 or so and then you have more time to squeez in 1 event per mo with possibally a month off in the middle for chicago
mrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:49 AM #29
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self
 
teamsilentassassins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins plays in the APPA D3 division
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrof View Post
i would say start it earlier cancel the indoor events and do the first event in mid feb either at asslyum bec they have turf and a new indoor opening if its really bad or go as far south as possible where the high at that time may be 50 or so and then you have more time to squeez in 1 event per mo with possibally a month off in the middle for chicago
That sounds like a terrible idea for a lot of reasons. 1 event per month is exactly what most people don't want, so that's out. Whether indoor or not Feb. is too cold for most tournament paintball players because of brittle paint and such. And you don't want to go any farther south the CHF or N2 because it's mid-south, not south-south. Most of the guys that continuously play the MSXL are northern KY and IN, with some coming from northern TN and southern KY. You have to try and keep it as close to the players as possible, and going way south is not doing that at all. And for those that play MSXL and PSP, which some teams do, only having one month off for Chicago would be terrible because Phoenix and MAO would almost be impossible to pay for unless you have a group of really financially stable players.
__________________
LIVEWIRE

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:45 PM #30
c-mack
 
 
c-mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
c-mack supports Cereal Killerz 2
c-mack donated to help Peyton Trent
c-mack owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsilentassassins View Post
That sounds like a terrible idea for a lot of reasons. 1 event per month is exactly what most people don't want, so that's out. Whether indoor or not Feb. is too cold for most tournament paintball players because of brittle paint and such. And you don't want to go any farther south the CHF or N2 because it's mid-south, not south-south. Most of the guys that continuously play the MSXL are northern KY and IN, with some coming from northern TN and southern KY. You have to try and keep it as close to the players as possible, and going way south is not doing that at all. And for those that play MSXL and PSP, which some teams do, only having one month off for Chicago would be terrible because Phoenix and MAO would almost be impossible to pay for unless you have a group of really financially stable players.
.
__________________
cody mackie
BEAST MODE SUCKA!
c-mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:21 PM #31
evenpar
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
great idea on holding 4 events. more time to get ready and save money in the long run. no need to drop a score, just come out gunning and be ready!
mid south as much as possilbe please!
KP
evenpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:47 PM #32
joewithl
Reppin' teh 865
 
joewithl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: KnoxVegas
Annual Supporting Member
joewithl plays in the PSP
joewithl plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsilentassassins View Post
That sounds like a terrible idea for a lot of reasons. 1 event per month is exactly what most people don't want, so that's out. Whether indoor or not Feb. is too cold for most tournament paintball players because of brittle paint and such. And you don't want to go any farther south the CHF or N2 because it's mid-south, not south-south. Most of the guys that continuously play the MSXL are northern KY and IN, with some coming from northern TN and southern KY. You have to try and keep it as close to the players as possible, and going way south is not doing that at all. And for those that play MSXL and PSP, which some teams do, only having one month off for Chicago would be terrible because Phoenix and MAO would almost be impossible to pay for unless you have a group of really financially stable players.
i think the farther south the msxl goes the more teams it could potentially draw, theres a lot of paintball in FL, GA, and the carolinas and especially with the cfoa not doing so hot these days, it seems to me a lot of teams might be very open to another regional xball league, especially if there is a d2/open division. so i think going farther south would grow the league, and it seems to me this could be done without going 'too' far south
joewithl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:53 PM #33
B*FordPRO
 
 
B*FordPRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: thetrealtown
turf at every field and 4k fills.
__________________
R.I.P.BASIC
We almost had a good run boys
"I dont know Chattanooga" CEP Support

WorldRebels.com

Instagram: bfordpro
B*FordPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:34 PM #34
iTzDoUgiE777
♥Shea Weber♥
 
iTzDoUgiE777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 901
Annual Supporting Member
For the 4 places I think (In this order maybe?) CHF, Asylum, PG, and AXPS.
__________________
2013 Read About It All Summer Bowl Champion
Memphis Tigers (game over)♥
Georgia Bulldogs (also game over)♥
Memphis Grizzlies (4-2, 2-1)♥
Nashville Predators (game the hell over)♥
Miami Dolphins (more game over)♥
iTzDoUgiE777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:40 PM #35
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self
 
teamsilentassassins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins plays in the APPA D3 division
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by joewithl View Post
i think the farther south the msxl goes the more teams it could potentially draw, theres a lot of paintball in FL, GA, and the carolinas and especially with the cfoa not doing so hot these days, it seems to me a lot of teams might be very open to another regional xball league, especially if there is a d2/open division. so i think going farther south would grow the league, and it seems to me this could be done without going 'too' far south
True, the draw is quite enticing, but the fact remains that this is a Mid-South X-Ball League, and it should remain that way. Start stretching it out too far and it'll be like the PSP. CHF is what, a 7 hour drive for the guys in PG? Ft. Wayne was like, 7-8 for the YJP/Basic guys? I know the one outside Birmingham isn't much better time-wise. We already expanded a little too far past our Mid-South boundaries this year with Ft. Wayne & CHF (no offense to either of those fields), so doing it more so would only make things worse. Just because no one that far south has thought of something similar to the MSXL doesn't mean we have to make up for their inaction. If Florida, Alabama, and Georgia want regional paintball like the MSXL, they need some random field to stand up and build it from the ground up like Darrin did, although we still needs lots of work. It's not about expanding the league into a mini-PSP, it's about learning from our mistakes every year and giving the Mid-South a quality regional Race2 tournament series.
__________________
LIVEWIRE

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:09 PM #36
nichonitro
Mangiore Photography
 
nichonitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Saint Louis
Annual Supporting Member
nichonitro is a Paintball photographer
nichonitro is playing at Living Legends VII
this is what the mid south is btw. Just so everybody is Clear when you say MID south that is what It is. its a place like the mid west, east coast, west cost. It seems like everyone has there own view what the mid south is
__________________

Last edited by nichonitro : 09-10-2010 at 04:12 PM.
nichonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:19 PM #37
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self
 
teamsilentassassins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins plays in the APPA D3 division
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichonitro View Post
this is what the mid south is btw. Just so everybody is Clear when you say MID south that is what It is. its a place like the mid west, east coast, west cost. It seems like everyone has there own view what the mid south is
That's mid horizontally. And that's one person's interpretation. If that were the mid-south, then we should have a tournament in Dalton, Georgia, Poplarville, Alabama, or Baton Rouge, Louisiana, right? Does that even make sense? Not a bit.
__________________
LIVEWIRE

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:39 PM #38
ibunkerfulz
shaggin in the doritos
 
ibunkerfulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: AR
plex was a 12-14 hr drive for 120. chf was 3 hrs. stl was 6hrs. owensboro was 7.5 hrs. we skipped the others. a tourney in georgia or florida(WTF?) would definitely miss the "Mid" part of MSXL and be a seriously long drive for everyone except teams that would only play that event. maybe add an event/use a venue in missouri.
__________________
Olive Flex7 FSO
T-Square
My Old Feedback 1+/0-

RIP Cole "Crash" Martin
ibunkerfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:59 PM #39
nichonitro
Mangiore Photography
 
nichonitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Saint Louis
Annual Supporting Member
nichonitro is a Paintball photographer
nichonitro is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsilentassassins View Post
That's mid horizontally. And that's one person's interpretation. If that were the mid-south, then we should have a tournament in Dalton, Georgia, Poplarville, Alabama, or Baton Rouge, Louisiana, right? Does that even make sense? Not a bit.
Mid south is the southern Midwest, Mid=Midwest. That is was mid south means. It is a real region on a map not just a little saying.
__________________
nichonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:56 PM #40
j.m@cc625
joey maccarone
 
j.m@cc625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: clarksville
j.m@cc625 is a Paintball photographer
j.m@cc625 plays in the PSP
j.m@cc625 donated to help Peyton Trent
j.m@cc625 supports Team VICIOUS
or u can jus take pictures and enjoy the cheapest xball league around.

this is a suggestion thread. this topic has come up b4. the fact is there are teams that play this league from a wide range the "midsouth" "midwest" w/e. dont complain about this league growing. enjoy the fact that it is.
__________________
TAYLOR GANG OR BASIC LIVES ON
~*~*~ flikr ~*~*~
_-_-_-_PRIDE SERIES photographer _-_-_-_
I NEED A TEAM FOR 2011
j.m@cc625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:55 PM #41
1dayteam120
 
 
1dayteam120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arkansas
Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
i like the idea of spacing it out. Also GREAT IDEA DOING THE CHF ONE FIRST. It was hotter as **** at the event, great thinking tapper
__________________
University of Arkansas Razorbacks
Massive Tank Sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post82114809
2 Cyborg 6s, geo 3.5, luxe oled FS
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post84178345
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
1dayteam120 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:41 PM #42
MT_BlueReign8
Practice Hard, Win Easy
 
MT_BlueReign8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Middle Tennessee
MT_BlueReign8 supports Cereal Killerz 2
MT_BlueReign8 supports Team VICIOUS
MT_BlueReign8 is an NCPA player
MT_BlueReign8 plays in the APPA D4 division
Just from scheduling the SEC AA events for the NCPA I have to say I work with many fields in the region many call the Mid - South. I run into many of the same problems Darrin has run into with the MSXL and understand trying to balance for every team as I have 2 teams from South FL that attend every event but until this year were not able to host and the fact our Conference falls into the middle of 2 other NCPA conferences.

That being said the way I have made the SEC schedule is by looking at which/where most teams come from and balancing the schedule around a central location. For the SEC it was north GA as that was dead center of our conference, scheduled 5 events ensuring each section of the conference receives one close event and a 5th event at a central location or a Schools location based on performance.

What this would like for the MSXL (sorry if I am a little off have not really looked at it to hard) would be the central location being Northern Middle Tennessee, and Southern KY or you could build around the fact AXPS is the Championship location.

For those that wanted to start early it would be feasible and this is again just a suggestion.

Late Feb - Ala/GA to ensure warmer weather (we use central GA for the SEC)
April - CHF (MS)
June - PG (Ind)
August - TN Location
Late Sept. Early October - AXPS Championship (KY)

So it would be events in the South, West, North, Central/East, and AXPS.

This ensures each state that is in the so called Mid South as many ppl picture it as receive an event with the exception being Arkansas. OFC it would need to be adjusted to fit the PSP schedule.
__________________
MSM Divisional Paintball
Mid-South Mafia Online

#8 - Chuck Robinson

2010 - SEPS D4 Series Champions
2010 - MSXL D4 Series Runner Up

Last edited by MT_BlueReign8 : 09-10-2010 at 08:43 PM.
MT_BlueReign8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump