Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-05-2010, 11:12 PM #1
The Ronin Baller
Lovin' Life

The Ronin Baller is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Model And Advice?

I have recently found one of my old markers that I used in the past. I've been refurbishing it to get back into some pump action.
It seems to be a cross between:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red__dragon View Post
Had fun with this on the weekend.

And....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Brain Wave View Post

I WILL get photos of mine up as soon as the camera is up. The details are little, the back of the bolt not having a cap on it, no brass sleeve on the chrome trigger, different front sight etc. mine looks like a mix of the two. BTW, Thanks to both Red_Dragon and Twizted Brain Wave for the photos. This is essentially my marker. I bought it from a thrift store years ago. I took it apart, cleaned and oiled it and used it for a few years. The grips say "Benjamin Sheridan" and the valve tube says "P-Series" so I would consider it to be self evident that the model number would be "P-something" unless we live in an alternate universe. I want to buy the right replacement parts when required.

Mine has exhibited an odd behavior. Around 10 minutes after screwing a fresh co2 in, it will spontaneously dump it without warnin. Prior to that it shoots like a champ, not even the rumor of a hint of a leak anywhere.

Leaving the game!!

"Originally posted by gremlin75: Why be happy with what you have when you can mod :D "

Last edited by The Ronin Baller : 07-05-2010 at 11:18 PM.
The Ronin Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2010, 08:43 PM #2
The Ronin Baller
Lovin' Life

After discovering that mine is a V68SC, and seems to be in the condition it shipped in (zero mods at all). I'll just go on my own to find the oring sizes etc. Still no answer why one has a knurled knob on the back of the bolt and the other does not (like mine), and if I need to replace it?

Leaving the game!!

"Originally posted by gremlin75: Why be happy with what you have when you can mod :D "
Old 07-09-2010, 10:24 PM #3
DegreE
I am Tyler Durdan

I want it!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:48 PM #4
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ronin Baller View Post
After discovering that mine is a V68SC, and seems to be in the condition it shipped in (zero mods at all). I'll just go on my own to find the oring sizes etc. Still no answer why one has a knurled knob on the back of the bolt and the other does not (like mine), and if I need to replace it?
You pull on the knob to release the pump arm. Yours originally had the knob, but over the years many were accidentally lost. Not a critical part, you can just pull on the little shaft to release the pump arm if you need to.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:11 AM #5
MrBig

The was never a V68-SC. There is a P68-SC which each of the above pictures are of. Then there is a P68-AT which had a rear bottle, auto trigger and direct feed.

By your description, yours sounds to be a P68-SC or a PMI-1 if it isn't exactly like the above ones. The easiest way to tell is that the P68 holds 15 balls in the tube and the PMI-1 holds 10. If you google search "Sheridan Recognition Guide" you should be able to determine exactly which one is yours.

Is the air dumping down the barrel or is is dumping out of the front grip frame screw hole?

Also, yours could be either a cartridge valve (newer) or non-cartridge valve (older) model. The easiest way to tell is if the front grip screw connects to a nutsert in the body or does it screw through a small hole int he body into the cartridge valve itself.
MrBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:57 AM #6
The Ronin Baller
Lovin' Life

Thanks for the replies guys, it is indeed a pretty spanky condition p68-sc with the 15 round mag tube atop the barrel. I had it apart (except for the valve) and gave it a thorough cleaning. Took it to play at the local field last weekend, but the field limit is 260fps and I was shooting the field paint around a steady 272 - 275. I was DQd. LOL. I'll get it apart to check the front gripframe screw and see if I cn tell which valve, FWIW.

Seems to work fine now.

Leaving the game!!

Old 07-13-2010, 01:11 PM #7
fossilhead
Don't need a helmet

You can get a back cap with a velocity adjuster.

Think they are about $20 from palmer's

palmer-pursuit.com
Old 12-09-2010, 06:25 AM #8
Madmox

Please for all of our sakes that the horrible grey shaker can paint off that pretty old girl.
Madmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:13 PM #9
lcullum

Annual Supporting Member
lcullum supports DLX Technology
i love these old guns
lcullum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:01 PM #10
TrueTexan
Texas born, Texas proud!

TrueTexan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TrueTexan has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Beautiful marker. Polish off the paint and show off that brass underneath.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
-Vince Lombardi
TrueTexan is offline   Reply With Quote