Originally Posted by LeslieIreland
Confirming Vexx ... 5 of us for sure, possibly 6. Couple of questions/clarifications on how RR / WCPS will run their "Race To" format...
Also, do you have a timekeeper/scorekeeper and/or do you need help with that?
1. Matches will be Race to 2? Length of match? Time between points (switch sides)? Players not ready/touching starting gate when horn sounds are SOL?
2. Assuming no dead box for penalties (i.e., minor penalty gets player pulled; major gets 1 for 1)??
3. Sideline coaching on snake side will be allowed? Any restrictions on coaching rules?
4. Players can be switched out between points only and assuming no time-outs, correct?
5. Any other variables to the format I might have forgotten?
We are really excited to start playing this format around here. Let me know if you need my help, or if you got it all covered and I will just sideline coach?
(Posting same in WA thread so all teams will know what to expect!)
1. Yes matches will be race to 2. From what I see in the rule book, each point is 5 minutes, so we will go with that. First team with 2 points, wins the match. We would like to run 2 minutes between points, but can see where it might be a little bit of a hassle (only one 4k air whip), so we can experiment with it and if we all agree to be a little more lax on it, we can.
2. As always in practices, there is no ref staff at ridges. IF everyone would like to agree, I propose that the team(s) that are not playing on the field would be reffing while the other teams are playing.
3. Sideline coaching is allowed on snake side and no where else. I'm not sure what restrictions would be needed, coach the player and have fun.
4. Yes players can be switched out, as long as everyone is touched up by "go" time.
5. Pretty cut and dry. we are trying to stick as close to the format as we can, luckily isn't not the most confusing thing in the world and everyone seems to be excited. Thanks for raising these questions Leslie, you certainly are a boss lady lol. We will most likely need some help with time/score keeping, but we (cartel) will try and do most if not all of the work when we aren't on the field playing the format ourselves. There will be a flag and you will have to hang it CLEAN at the end of a point.
I think that we should all start the day off with a meeting on Saturday so everyone is on the same page. We are really excited for this coming practice and hope everyone else is also. If we all pitch in a little bit, I don't see why this can't go off without a hitch. Lets get a damn good practice in, no more of the standing around and talking (which we are all guilty of) while the field lays dormant with no paint bullets flying on it. Get your paint, get your boys and lets run some points. Any other questions that anyone else has, please feel free to post them up, we will try and answer them.