PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-06-2010, 02:24 PM #1
snowboardgeek1

snowboardgeek1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
snowboardgeek1 supports Team VICIOUS
Anyone have issues with their Inoviq 2.5 boards?

I tried out my quest today. Shoots great but I noticed the ROF on my chrono isn't matching what I have set on the Inoviq board. I have tried it at PSP, 12.5, uncapped, 15.0, etc.

I'm using a rotor and a 68/4500 ninja tank.

Some things I noticed; I'm averaging anywhere from 10.8-11.3 bps, even when setting the gun at uncapped, 12.5, 15.0 bps, etc. I started to do a process of elimination. First, I thought it was my chrono at fault but I shot my luxe with the settings at 13.0 bps and the chrono averaged 12.9. That's with half a pod of paint. Then I thought it was the air in my tank so I used a tank that was filled to 4K psi. Still averaging anywhere from 10.8-11.3 bps shooting 2-3 pods of paint.

Then I looked at the settings. I made sure the gun wasn't in demonstration mode. Set the loader delay at 1 since I'm using a rotor. Set the max ROF to uncapped. Ramping threshold to 20bps. Variable ramp multiplier at 1. Shot another pod. Chrono read at 10.8 for the whole pod. I then set the loader delay at stock settings which is 8. Shot another pod. Chrono still reads at 10.8.

I know its not the lube on the bolt because I had Critical clean and relube the gun because I had some pretty bad shooting issues at the field on Saturday. After I had Critical tech the gun, everything works great. I'm also using a fresh Energy battery, as that was one of my issues at the field that led the gun to shoot horrible.

Any ideas guys? I don't have any leaks, gun shoots great. Its just the gun is not shooting at the setting I have it at.

Some other settings to help out:
LPR set at 100 psi.
Dwell at stock, 12ms
ABS at stock, 15ms
snowboardgeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2010, 12:29 AM #2
Whitey818
Critical For LIFE

alot of times the rof wont match a packtimer you have to change it based on what it says on the packtimer
Whitey818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:37 AM #3
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
I can't say that I have any personal experience with the VX chips, but I do remember that there have been a few people who have experienced glitches with them and needed to get their chip reflashed in order to fix the issue.

You could try pm'ing nwong here, or e-mail support@inoviq.com
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:58 AM #4
Whitey818
Critical For LIFE

ill give nick a call tomorrow and see what that might be if its a problem with the software bring it in to me and ill send it out to be flashed
Old 09-07-2010, 10:46 AM #5
snowboardgeek1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
I can't say that I have any personal experience with the VX chips, but I do remember that there have been a few people who have experienced glitches with them and needed to get their chip reflashed in order to fix the issue.

You could try pm'ing nwong here, or e-mail support@inoviq.com
Thanks Uziel. I've read about others having issues as well but it was more for those that had the older versions. I have version 2.5 which should be the latest. The issue I saw was in regards to PSP 3 shot. When people were shooting their guns in PSP 3 shot, after a certain amount of time the gun should "reset" to single shot. The error was even after waiting, let's say 10 seconds, the gun would still shoot 3 balls per pull.

Anyhow, I sent an email to the email address you provided. Hopefully I'll get a response soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey818 View Post
ill give nick a call tomorrow and see what that might be if its a problem with the software bring it in to me and ill send it out to be flashed
Sounds good James. I'll bring it in later today. Hector tried it as well with his chrono and he was getting around 8 bps. I have the RADARchron ROF & FPS Model Chronograph, which I believe is the same one that Mike from T E C H P B uses. I'd be happy if I was getting at least 15bps so I can tune it down to 12.5 lol.

Last edited by snowboardgeek1 : 09-07-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:31 PM #6
Whitey818
Critical For LIFE

ya with every boar u usually have to turn it up or down on the bps i know with our teams victorys they have to turn it lower then 12.5 beacuse when its set to 12.5 they shoot like 13bps
Old 09-07-2010, 01:52 PM #7
snowboardgeek1

Quote:
ya with every boar u usually have to turn it up or down on the bps i know with our teams victorys they have to turn it lower then 12.5 beacuse when its set to 12.5 they shoot like 13bps
Understood. I'd be happy if that was the case for my marker. In my case, even setting it at uncapped, the marker is still shooting around 10.8 bps. That shouldn't be the case. That's why I made the assumption that the board was faulty.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:29 PM #8
Whitey818
Critical For LIFE

if u can bring your rotor and gun to the store so i can see cuz i didnt really have a great loader when i was testing it so its hard to say the bps
Old 09-07-2010, 02:59 PM #9
snowboardgeek1

Will do!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:27 PM #10
snowboardgeek1

Quote:
if u can bring your rotor and gun to the store so i can see cuz i didnt really have a great loader when i was testing it so its hard to say the bps

James, I left my rotor and gun at Critical today. Let me know that you received it and what you think the issue is with the gun. Also, please check the detents. I had a ball roll out of the barrel when I last shot the gun. Thanks!

Here's the response I received from Nick:

I'm not sure what type of chrono you are using, but I've found the red ones normally at fields aren't very accurate. If you are finding
that your ROF is consistent at 10 - 11bps no matter what setting (even on unlimited) then the "artificial" cap is most likely due to your feed rate. If you set it to demonstration mode, does it shoot faster? The logic base doesn't automatically set the ROF to that particular number, it makes sure that you never shoot above and is somewhat limited by feedrate. Meaning, if you set the cap to 15bps, but your loader can only do 12bps, then you will only shoot 12bps. Now, if your loader can exceed 15bps, to say, 20bps, then you should see consistent ROF at around 15bps.

I'm not sure about the settings either, but I've normally seen Quests around 80-90psi on the LPR. I don't think that will affect your ROF, but just an observation.

Last edited by snowboardgeek1 : 09-08-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:40 PM #11
snowboardgeek1

Got it fixed. Critical has awesome customer service and tech's. Gun is now shooting consistently at around 11.9-12.2. They said the issue was due to the settings on the gun.

I also bought a snatch pin. I love the tool-less concept
Old 09-09-2010, 01:04 AM #12
Whitey818
Critical For LIFE

ya sorry i didnt get on work on it i have a cold, guess boss man worked on it glad we got it fixed for ya
Old 09-09-2010, 01:59 AM #13
snowboardgeek1

No worries bro. Get well soon. JP helped me out. Gave me a call and went over what he thought were the primary issues with the ROF. Took the gun home today and shot a pod through it and everything works great. Can't wait to take it out to a field
Old 10-02-2010, 11:27 PM #14
AaronGPB

AaronGPB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AaronGPB supports Pev's Paintball
AaronGPB has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I just got my QUEST yesterday...it wont change firing modes......

Im playin with it...i read the manual on the 2.5 (which makes no sense because it says in order to change set dipswitch 2 to on but that also turns it into tournament lock which makes it so you CANT change....and the firing modes work in demonstration mode, but not in normal....any idea whatsup?
AaronGPB is offline   Reply With Quote