npaulsen05
Knuckle Up

has been a member for 10 years
npaulsen05 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
npaulsen05 supports Team VICIOUS
npaulsen05 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dayteam120 View Post
Overall i thought the event went very well. There were some great teams and the reffing was pretty good. The paint imo shot great. The field was alot more mirroed than the last event was,(that was a joke field 1 and 2). Overall this is the best series for the money. I really hope that tapper can keep this going next year and continue to grow the series. Best of luck to yjp and adernaline factory at world cup.
it seems the extensive gridding paid off then...

Ever seen a giraffe attack? I have...its scary s***!
FEEDBACK (47+ 0-)Feedback New System (41+ 0-)
npaulsen05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2010, 08:33 PM #23
shag1
SAGET

hell yea it did i mean we did do it for a long *** time but thats what you get when u have a giraffe and raccoon measuring almost pure perfection lol

yellow octane shocker

BOB SAGET SUPPORT
shag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:27 PM #24
Tapper

Wonder why I feel like the Zookeeper

Email: axpspaintball@bellsouth.net
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.net

Last edited by Tapper : 09-06-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:51 AM #25
GUNNER50

Overall a great event, refs let the players play, and wernt callin stupid stuff, field was good, good pits, net was low, causing balls to fly up near staging area..every point..t-shirts were nice, Steven Perry got his dome blown off, and played like a girl..so all in all a good day..Thanks Tapper for a great season...u still owe us 2 free entries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GUNNER50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:04 AM #26
ghostinthewood

ghostinthewood plays in the PSP
ghostinthewood is playing at Living Legends III
ghostinthewood supports Team VICIOUS
ghostinthewood plays in the APPA D4 division
Only complaints I have were same as everyone else, low nets and 3k fills.

Fun as always.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:56 AM #27
evenpar

i have to say i thought the reffing was the best it has been all year. calls are always missed and bad calls made and thats just the way it is! this is a hard game to ref and with that said GREAT JOB to all the refs and thank you for the hard work. NETS...this is a issue for sure, not only low but comeing up from the bottom in alot of places. that needs to be worked on for sure!!! YJP has been proud to play the MSXL this season. the 2nd year for the leauge and some bugs need to be worked out but overall this was a srtong season with some great ball being played. YJP wants to thank Darin and the MSXL staff for all the hard work that went into this leauge. people want to b**ch about things but until they do what this leauge has done they dont have a clue whats really up. so again GREAT JOB! best part of this season to me was the players and people i got to know in both divisons. i would call out names but i would leave someone out, so thank all of you for shooting the hell out of a old man this year...lol. YJP will rep the MSXL in 2 divisons at cup this year and will do our best to make the leauge as proud of us as i am of my guys! lets all get together at cup and help eachother out.
KP@YJP

Last edited by evenpar : 09-07-2010 at 04:29 PM.
evenpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:31 PM #28
UWILLDIE296
Robbie

UWILLDIE296 plays in the PSP
UWILLDIE296 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
UWILLDIE296 plays in the APPA D3 division
I thought the event was very fun. The refs we not bad, the reffing seemed a little inconsistent at times but overall it wasn't terrible. I didn't mind only getting 3k fills but I can see how it could bother some.

I would like to add this though only because someone on the sidelines decided to interrupt the conversation I was having with my fiancee. This thread was posted only three months ago. The person I was arguing with stated that "Technically I could run all the way down the field, run back and tag up." According to this, any advancement down the field would result in your elimination. Once again I am not complaining about a call made by the refs. Just trying to inform some of the actual rules.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3404823

Team Shooters
Support Your Local Fields
UWILLDIE296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:37 PM #29
shag1
SAGET

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWILLDIE296 View Post
I thought the event was very fun. The refs we not bad, the reffing seemed a little inconsistent at times but overall it wasn't terrible. I didn't mind only getting 3k fills but I can see how it could bother some.

I would like to add this though only because someone on the sidelines decided to interrupt the conversation I was having with my fiancee. This thread was posted only three months ago. The person I was arguing with stated that "Technically I could run all the way down the field, run back and tag up." According to this, any advancement down the field would result in your elimination. Once again I am not complaining about a call made by the refs. Just trying to inform some of the actual rules.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3404823
and you were having that convo with me i was using that as a example and i exaggerated a little you were saying there is a 5 foot rule, which there is not i was simply trying to get the point across that you can go far away from the start station as long as your still in bounds and as long as you have tagged up in the last 30 secs before the match and come back and tag up as long as your gun doesn't point down field...you were arguing that there was a 5 foot rule, oddly enough this wouldn't have happened if someone from the pit side didn't yell go go go. but i was merely trying to make the point that there is no 5 foot rule sorry i exaggerated?

yellow octane shocker

BOB SAGET SUPPORT
Old 09-07-2010, 03:44 PM #30
angelballa93

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNNER50 View Post
Overall a great event, refs let the players play, and wernt callin stupid stuff, field was good, good pits, net was low, causing balls to fly up near staging area..every point..t-shirts were nice, Steven Perry got his dome blown off, and played like a girl..so all in all a good day..Thanks Tapper for a great season...u still owe us 2 free entries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i did fun game though....loved getting back on the field for a change lol refs were solid although i saw some calls made from a distance and when getting checked there was no paint and i saw it happen to like 3 or 4 ppl none on basic but overall great event...wish we coulda saw a rematch of that pg game but we werent playin team ball and didnt deserve it imo....great job to all the refs and darrin and for everyone who shot me =] **i got u next time** hehe good luck at cup for everyone who is going

USAF
RIP BASIC
CEP Fan #8
angelballa93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:58 PM #31
Tapper

Technically the Shag is correct on the start of game ruling.

My bad on the 3k fills and 12ft netting. The reg was set at 3500 psi. I reconfigured the hoses and gauges for the new fillstation by the back door. The gauge at the tank said 3500 the 2nd gauge 10ft down the line read 3200. I was trying to keep it at 3500 to not over pressurize the lines which already are getting permeated with air.

For finals I cranked it up to 4k did anyone notice? Anyways sorry about that.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:08 PM #32
coyote5987

Annual Supporting Member

overall great event and a great series....gameheads will be playing the indoor and the entire series next season.....

The gameheads have mostly only played small 5 and 3 man events in Alabama, three of us played the last MSXL in MS, for the rest of us this was our first xball tournament......if we can keep from getting penalties maybe we can start to be competitive! between the last two tournaments we have figured out that a) u need your barrel condom on before exiting the field b) exit the field on the correct side c) dont walk on the field for the next point until the horn sounds!!!!!! hopefully we understand the rulz now and maybe next time we can be a little more competitive!!!! With all that being said we LOVED how much faster the pace of xball is and how many more games there are.....we will finish building our team and start practicing specifically for xball, its all i want to play now!

same two complaints as the others...1) the netting was dangerous, especially at the bottom...u had kids (campers, non-paintball) picking up paintballs around the nets.....one of those kids gets hit and u got channel 6 out there giving paintball a black eye......2) i was surpirsed to see 3k fills...i was told that the reg was set at 4k, but even then 4500 is what i would prefer........HOWEVER, i dont think we lasted long enough in most of the games to go through 3,000, much less 4500!!!
coyote5987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:28 PM #33
UWILLDIE296
Robbie

UWILLDIE296 plays in the PSP
UWILLDIE296 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
UWILLDIE296 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by shag1 View Post
and you were having that convo with me i was using that as a example and i exaggerated a little you were saying there is a 5 foot rule, which there is not i was simply trying to get the point across that you can go far away from the start station as long as your still in bounds and as long as you have tagged up in the last 30 secs before the match and come back and tag up as long as your gun doesn't point down field...you were arguing that there was a 5 foot rule, oddly enough this wouldn't have happened if someone from the pit side didn't yell go go go. but i was merely trying to make the point that there is no 5 foot rule sorry i exaggerated?
Ok i may have been wrong about the distance, what is considered advancing down the field then?

Apparently I am expected to believe that a player that dove into D1 never pointed his gun down field, and that hitting D1 is not considered advancement...

Team Shooters
Support Your Local Fields
UWILLDIE296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:02 PM #34
ibunkerfulz
shaggin in the doritos

the 3k fills aren't a problem if you shoot a victory

RIP Cole "Crash" Martin
ibunkerfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:03 PM #35
shag1
SAGET

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWILLDIE296 View Post
Ok i may have been wrong about the distance, what is considered advancing down the field then?

Apparently I am expected to believe that a player that dove into D1 never pointed his gun down field, and that hitting D1 is not considered advancement...
chris is right with the rule it says the barrel doesnt point down feild i dnt believe it even says advancement down feild is prohibited i may be wrong though

yellow octane shocker

BOB SAGET SUPPORT
Old 09-07-2010, 09:49 PM #36
Tapper

Ok from Tim the top PSP Ref. PSP as a general unwritten rule instruct refs to pull a player that has taken more than a couple of steps advancing down field as if an active player if his marker is not touching the start station with gun below the waist when the buzzer sounds.

We are looking at ways to clarify this rule for the future. We are aware it is not written that way.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:22 AM #37
ghostinthewood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapper View Post
For finals I cranked it up to 4k did anyone notice? Anyways sorry about that.
I did

It was appreciated. I know I personally had a long point one match. It seemed like it was at least 10min long. I wanted to pitch a tent...
Old 09-08-2010, 06:25 AM #38
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self

teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins plays in the APPA D3 division
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostinthewood View Post
I did

It was appreciated. I know I personally had a long point one match. It seemed like it was at least 10min long. I wanted to pitch a tent...
You probably could have.

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:21 AM #39
gameover718
Quack

gameover718 helped look for balloons
Yay for a 1 point game!
gameover718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:33 PM #40
npaulsen05
Knuckle Up

npaulsen05 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
npaulsen05 supports Team VICIOUS
npaulsen05 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
I did

pretty sure you had time to go home, eat a steak dinner, and come back...lol

Ever seen a giraffe attack? I have...its scary s***!
FEEDBACK (47+ 0-)Feedback New System (41+ 0-)
npaulsen05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:15 PM #41
killaaz03

killaaz03 plays in the PSP
killaaz03 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
killaaz03 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
I did

you had a 11 min and 54 sec point lol. cuz you were dirty silly babygirl clean that snatch next time

Buy my gear

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3924959
killaaz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:05 PM #42
ghostinthewood

Apparently I wasnt. Lulz.

What was funny was they thought I was when the other kid was the one playing on. I had shot him in the leg before from under the A before he even took off. Ohhhhh the irony.