PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-05-2010, 01:34 PM #1
pheeos

pheeos is for the Gunfight
Creed vs. Ego10?

Hey Guys,

I know I am writing in the vaguard forum, but maybe somebody is here who had the chance to play both markers and could tell me the pros and cons for each marker?
I am currently playing a DP REV-I and I am quite happy with it.. but somehow I would like to play a rammer

Thanks a lot and greets from Germany,

Michael
pheeos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2010, 03:33 PM #2
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
I've never used an EgoX to any great extent. Have an Ego9 though with zick2 and the planks installed, which shoots VERY similarly, although not QUITE as smooth.

That said, the Ego 9 is NOWHERE in the same category as a Creed in terms of value, smoothness, and in fact the Creed even wins in efficiency. It also has a nicer trigger IMO, and comes with a nicer barrel (although it would be great if they'd do away with the .693 and make a .681 instead).

The way I always describe the Creed to those I talk to locally is "it's what all other Timmy clones aspire to be, but thus far have failed".

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:06 PM #3
whitedevil34
Iron like a Lion in Zion

i have a creed and a ego10 ive tried using both but always go back to using the creed exclusivly. straight up the creed blows the ego away
whitedevil34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:05 PM #4
willpgn1020

willpgn1020 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
willpgn1020 is for the Gunfight
OK, just tried to reply but it didn't take. Hope this one works. I don't post much, just read alot.

Great timing on the question of Creed vs. EGO10. I was just about to post a topic on this subject. I own a Creed V2 (recently upgraded with new LP poppit, ram and bolt) and an EGO 10 (no upgrades...not even sure what internal upgrades exist for the EGO10). I've had the Creed since early this year and the EGO since late spring. I've made plans and had a chance to compare them head to head 3 times, the last time being Saturday (9/4/10) with the upgraded parts in the Creed.

Each of the 3 times I've used the same tank and regulator, loader, barrel and insert, paint and have cronoed them to as close to the same FPS as I could. I tried to keep everything as equal as possible...the only differences being the marker body itself. Settings are slightly different for each, but all the settings I'm running have come from these forums. By the way, I've never owned a PE marker (no previous EGO, ETEK or GEO) so I have no comparison for the 10 with any of their products. I ran both markers in course (xball, mounds, pipes) and woodsball games.

For my most recent test (since I think that the new Creeds will come updated???), here are my opinions ...the Creed has the edge in noise, smoothness and kick. These of course are not easily measured and are relative to the individual. These are my opinions, so please don't get mad if you disagree . I didn't do any in depth measured efficiency tests (full tank fill vs pods) becuase of the crazy field paint cost. I did do a very quick test using a full fill and PSI lost per pods shot in a game. The Creed had an edge here too from my obersvations. Overall, both were very accurate. I did seem to have a slight range advantage with the Creed, but not a huge difference. Shot to shot "likeness" goes to the Creed. The EGO would have a "random" shot at times where a ball would wind up short in a string of shots. Could have been the paint, but the Creed didn't have this happen. I didn't have any problems with either (no chopped paint, leaks, etc.).

Both have minor annoyances, like any marker does. Stock barrel choices on both are not so hot. You have to buy smaller for each separately (both only down to .85). I'd like to see smaller for each and I'd run the stock barrels. Creed's board and LED screen are better and the menus easier to manage. Triggers are ok for me on both, although the EGO does have aftermarket (I've read some are trying to get them for the Creed). Grips are decent on both. The Creed seems much simpler to strip and maintain, maybe its because of the nice tech videos that come with it and not just a manual. Vanguard has great customer service also, both in the UK and in the US. Not sure about PE, I haven't had to interact with them yet. Price is comparable, although the prices have seemed to drop a little on the Creeds now and you can find some V2s used.

Overall, I chose the Creed in each of my 3 comparisons...especially this third time (upgraded internals). I'm not pooping on the EGO10 by any means. It is a very nice marker, but I like the Creed more. The EGO10 will be my $1200 backup gun...actually its a $20 backup because I bought 4 - $5 raffle tickets and won it at an event in late spring.

By the way, I had many people ask how I liked my EGO (it was actually when I was using the Creed). One ref did know immediately what I had and seemed to know a lot about Vanguard and the Creed. Funny, that no one asked how I liked my EGO when I was using my EGO. It may have been becuase the Creed is in Jungle Splash anno and the EGO is Midnight???

Bottom line, I choose the Creed!
willpgn1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:10 PM #5
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tlmiller is for the Gunfight
Although, to be fair, this should also be posted in the Ego threads. And to be honest, I'd love to see what various fanboys would say who've never shot a Creed in that forum.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you use Linux.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:42 PM #6
renrag75

renrag75 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
renrag75 is for the Gunfight
I have been using one year or another Ego since they came out in 2005. I have owned every year's model; 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009. I didn't buy a 2010 because I bought a Vanguard Creed instead and I don't think I will every go back unless Eclipse makes some huge improvements in the future.

The Creed is much less expensive, smoother, quieter, efficient, better battery life, includes a barrel kit, and has a better trigger than any year Ego I have had since. And...the customer service from Vanguard is top notch!

My $1100 Ego9 sits quietly in my gear bag just in case someone needs a backup on my team when theirs goes down.

Not to mention I am one of the few in my state of Oklahoma that seems to own one. I get asked constantly at my local field what marker I am using because they don't recognize it.

DM12 Black & Tan
renrag75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:13 PM #7
blueb2k
*928*

blueb2k donated to help Peyton Trent
blueb2k is for the Gunfight
hands down the creed I have shot an ego x and an 09 and would take a creed any day. Keep up the good work Vanguard.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:42 PM #8
pheeos

Thanks for the replies guys!
I think I will go for a creed....
Old 09-07-2010, 05:11 PM #9
Alpha Residence

Alpha Residence is for the Gunfight
Honestly I don't think you'll be disappointed either way they're both awesome markers but I do have to say I've shot both and I do prefer the creed hands down!
Alpha Residence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:21 PM #10
pheeos

creed is ordered :-)
Old 09-08-2010, 01:51 PM #11
Sick420
Hitting the Snake Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheeos View Post
creed is ordered :-)
Good choice.

Before I purchased my Creed. I was able to Fire off the Ego 10 and then the Creed. Right away you could feel the difference in weight, kick, and sound. Not to mention price and Custom Ano. Believe me you will not be dissapointed. Best investment I've ever made.
Sick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:44 PM #12
tylr_byrd
Titan with a Creed

tylr_byrd is for the Gunfight
tylr_byrd is an NCPA player
tylr_byrd plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick420 View Post
Good choice.

Before I purchased my Creed. I was able to Fire off the Ego 10 and then the Creed. Right away you could feel the difference in weight, kick, and sound. Not to mention price and Custom Ano. Believe me you will not be dissapointed. Best investment I've ever made.
I actually had the exact same experience. Got to fire the ego X several times in a couple of different stores. Finally one store said that i might be interested in the creed. I had never heard of the thing but got a chance to shoot it. I quickly made my decision and purchased one and have never looked back!

You will not be disappointed. Welcome to the family.
tylr_byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:13 PM #13
egokid321
QT

egokid321 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
egokid321 supports Team VICIOUS
egokid321 is for the Gunfight
creed has a lot of problems

Cs union
egokid321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:14 PM #14
egokid321
QT

ego10

Cs union
Old 09-10-2010, 03:02 PM #15
tylr_byrd
Titan with a Creed

tylr_byrd is for the Gunfight
tylr_byrd is an NCPA player
tylr_byrd plays in the APPA D5 division
What version of the creed are you talking about? The V2 hasnt had any issues to the best of my knowledge. (remember this is a second year production, and just like the ego, it is bound to have a problem or two on its way to being a world known product..)

Take a look at both the ego 5 and ego 6, they both were greatly flawed compared to todays standards. But they fixed the issues and created the ego as we know it today.

The creed is not unlike this ego in that aspect. The first year creed had a couple problems, but with the second year production, the Creed had solved most of its issues.

When comparing the Creed V2 and the Ego X the main thing to look at is performance, for the so called "issues" have been dealt with. And when you compare the performance of both the creed and the ego, its like comparing a tank to an suv. The creed wins hands down in every aspect. Creed owners are finding this out one by one, and the Creed population is rising. I forsee an overshadow of Creed owners onto the ego owners.

BE PREPARED
tylr_byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:12 PM #16
egokid321
QT

my whole team shoots v2 creeds 4 out of 7 creeeds when down and plus they leak alot , dont get me wrong creeds shoot tits but not very Reliable

Cs union
Old 09-10-2010, 04:23 PM #17
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by egokid321 View Post
my whole team shoots v2 creeds 4 out of 7 creeeds when down and plus they leak alot , dont get me wrong creeds shoot tits but not very Reliable
Really????? Well we will see this weekend wont we. I will make it a point to personaly look at each and every marker on your Team.
Second I know who has been working on them so im sure that being 90% of the issue.

Also with that being said none of the markers you own have been updated since you bought them from APX!!!! So having the older parts may and will effect the marker from leaking.

Bring all 7 markers to me before the event and we will see what has been the issue at hand

Last edited by SHOOTNPOO : 09-10-2010 at 04:27 PM.
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:33 PM #18
egokid321
QT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTNPOO View Post
Really????? Well we will see this weekend wont we. I will make it a point to personaly look at each and every marker on your Team.
Second I know who has been working on them so im sure that being 90% of the issue.

Also with that being said none of the markers you own have been updated since you bought them from APX!!!! So having the older parts may and will effect the marker from leaking.

Bring all 7 markers to me before the event and we will see what has been the issue at hand
not all 4 at one time im saying over time and thiers only 3 of us whit creeds now what time will u be at the event ?

Cs union
Old 09-10-2010, 04:34 PM #19
egokid321
QT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTNPOO View Post

and only u worked on them

Cs union
Old 09-10-2010, 06:45 PM #20
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

I replaced a board on one.
Installed LP poppet in other one marker.

You must of been taking them to Eric at CS Paintball.
Not me.

Never seen any other markers from you guys so who you are getting your information from is incorrect that I have teched or looked at any of them besides those 2 out of 7

Last edited by SHOOTNPOO : 09-10-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:51 PM #21
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

Will have booth at WCPPL sat and Sunday.