PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-04-2010, 09:52 PM #22
kingbacuraflip22
Fking ANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNX View Post
Hey man, some of these people are wacko!

I'm in university too man, and I drink (like hammered drunk) 1-2 times a week. I like my rum and vodka. That being said man I am willing to say I am probably in better shape than 90% of the people on here, if not more.

Basically dude, you can drink and work out and have results. I am living proof.
NOW I will also say though that you would get better results not drinking... Alcohol is poison for the body... Stay away from beer because it's packed with calories (tequila shots are THE best thing you can drink for drunkness/calorie ratio; if I remember correctly 1 tequila shot is 90 cals.)

But these guys who say dont work out until you are 100% commited is garbage...

Final note on working out.... it is 90% Diet man, eat clean foods. You will see results weekly strength wise and physique wise.
Yes, diet is the most important part but look at my last post. Alcohol is counterproductive. If you were going to put in 100%, you should watch how much you drink.

Post pics big shot.

Last edited by kingbacuraflip22 : 09-05-2010 at 12:08 AM.
kingbacuraflip22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:08 PM #23
dmbxvii

dmbxvii helped look for balloons
Alright guys thanks a lot, you're posts helped out
dmbxvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:57 PM #24
only4theweak187

**** it lift and have fun at school.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:15 PM #25
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Basically, have a few drinks on the weekend, don't get completely smashed and you'll get the best of both worlds.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:37 PM #26
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

i deff feel weaker the day after. i dont lift on the weekends so i have time to recover. try to get my diet down so i can smash it on monday.
1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:39 PM #27
x RENEGADE x (Banned)

x RENEGADE x helped look for balloons
x RENEGADE x is playing at Living Legends III
x RENEGADE x owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x RENEGADE x supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyChunk View Post
alcohol isn't that bad for the body
That has to be most ignorant thing I've ever read on this forum...I am...speechless.

I am going to assume, and hope that you meant alcohol isn't that bad for muscle gains.

By volume, there are very few substances that are more toxic than alcohol. I hope you realize this.

Quote:

Basically dude, you can drink and work out and have results.
As long as you lift weights you will have "results" no matter what. It's just a matter of dedication TO your results. If you eat right, don't drink excessively, you will have much bigger results. Obviously you can gain muscle while being a college drinker, but you wouldn't gain anywhere near as much as a kid of the same age who actually knows what he's doing when it comes to lifting. If you didn't drink alcohol at all, your results would be way better than they are now. I'm not suggesting you do that though. I'm just letting you know that your post was very ignorant and ill-informed. Also, your 90% claim was pretty bold. There is at least 4 people in this thread alone that would **** on you through any form of exercise. Be it numbers, physique, or mile times. This is a claim also, since you could be ronnie coleman for all I know. But judging by the way you consider alcohol harmless, I'd say you are very inexperienced in training. Thus, I can make my claim. You on the other hand, you have absolutely no way of proving your statement other than posting some numbers, times, or even a pic. Mind if we get some of those? I'm sure that those long nights of mineral loss and dehydration got you super swole. Twice a week? I'd reconsider the way your life is headed. That is intense, even by college standards.

Also, before anyone responds, I'm not talking down on alcohol either. At the same time, I can accept the dangers and the fact that this drug has caused millions to either be killed or scarred for life.

Last edited by x RENEGADE x : 09-05-2010 at 06:09 PM.
x RENEGADE x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:17 PM #28
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by x RENEGADE x View Post
That has to be most ignorant thing I've ever read on this forum...I am...speechless.

I am going to assume, and hope that you meant alcohol isn't that bad for muscle gains.

By volume, there are very few substances that are more toxic than alcohol. I hope you realize this.

As long as you lift weights you will have "results" no matter what. It's just a matter of dedication TO your results. If you eat right, don't drink excessively, you will have much bigger results. Obviously you can gain muscle while being a college drinker, but you wouldn't gain anywhere near as much as a kid of the same age who actually knows what he's doing when it comes to lifting. If you didn't drink alcohol at all, your results would be way better than they are now. I'm not suggesting you do that though. I'm just letting you know that your post was very ignorant and ill-informed. Also, your 90% claim was pretty bold. There is at least 4 people in this thread alone that would **** on you through any form of exercise. Be it numbers, physique, or mile times. This is a claim also, since you could be ronnie coleman for all I know. But judging by the way you consider alcohol harmless, I'd say you are very inexperienced in training. Thus, I can make my claim. You on the other hand, you have absolutely no way of proving your statement other than posting some numbers, times, or even a pic. Mind if we get some of those? I'm sure that those long nights of mineral loss and dehydration got you super swole. Twice a week? I'd reconsider the way your life is headed. That is intense, even by college standards.

Also, before anyone responds, I'm not talking down on alcohol either. At the same time, I can accept the dangers and the fact that this drug has caused millions to either be killed or scarred for life.
lol i don't know what college you go to but twice a week is pretty standard across the board where i'm from and where all my friends go. every friday and saturday for me.

i'm probably considered a light drinker in college because i only drink on weekends.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:22 PM #29
x RENEGADE x (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
lol i don't know what college you go to but twice a week is pretty standard across the board where i'm from and where all my friends go. every friday and saturday for me.

i'm probably considered a light drinker in college because i only drink on weekends.
I didn't mean for an average college student, but for someone who actually works out while in college. Alcohol won't affect your gains if you drink a beer with dinner, but by getting drunk twice a week there is no doubt you are holding back potential. Just the schedule is harmful. You'll most likely throw up everything you ate that day, and wake up being practically unable to lift the next day.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:25 PM #30
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

i havent thrown up in over a year. that much alchohol costs too much at the bars lol.
1992 Civic Street
Old 09-05-2010, 06:32 PM #31
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

Quote:
I didn't mean for an average college student, but for someone who actually works out while in college. Alcohol won't affect your gains if you drink a beer with dinner, but by getting drunk twice a week there is no doubt you are holding back potential. Just the schedule is harmful. You'll most likely throw up everything you ate that day, and wake up being practically unable to lift the next day.
i think youre assuming getting drunk means getting completely out of control. when i get drunk i have like 10 drinks and am good to go. i'm not stumbling all over the place throwing up.

i've only thrown up 3 times in my life from drinking and i've been drinking since i've been a sophomore in highschool. sophomre in college now
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
Old 09-05-2010, 06:39 PM #32
x RENEGADE x (Banned)

Quote:
i think youre assuming getting drunk means getting completely out of control. when i get drunk i have like 10 drinks and am good to go. i'm not stumbling all over the place throwing up.

i've only thrown up 3 times in my life from drinking and i've been drinking since i've been a sophomore in highschool. sophomre in college now
Yeah, but your standards of getting drunk are different than someone elses. I'm sure there are people on this planet who consider getting drunk ending up in the hospital. Who knows what he considers getting drunk. Until we get a response, anything is up for question.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:39 PM #33
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

This. I can get pretty drunk and have a great time, still be asleep by 3 or so, sleep until 11, and wake up feeling great.

Throwing up and getting hangovers is for children and the weak.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:43 AM #34
CDNX
East Coast Trash

By getting drunk I'm saying about half a quart of rum. And I also stated that alcohol is a poison to the body. Alcohol is terrible for you, as are cigarettes.

I'm not arguin that you won't get better gains by not drinking. Just merely said what i said because someone before posted to not start training until you are 100% committed. As for a pic I can sure as hell post one when I'm off work and not on my iPod.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:09 AM #35
CrazyChunk

Quote:

you need to relax and think about your argument next time..

Any substance, with enough volume, is toxic.. For christ sake, you can die from drinking too much water. The issue you seem to forget, is moderation. We are not talking about daily binge drinking here..

Quote:
Yeah, but your standards of getting drunk are different than someone elses. I'm sure there are people on this planet who consider getting drunk ending up in the hospital. Who knows what he considers getting drunk. Until we get a response, anything is up for question.
Who set the standard for "getting drunk"? I dont know, maybe the OP did when he made the thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbxvii View Post
If I keep a pretty standard limit (like only drink enough to get that buzz) and hydrate extremely well before and after and eat a lot too during, will my working out still be productive or useless.

Ie can you be a casual drinker?
Moderate drinking will not hinder progress much.. Certian studies, in fact, show moderate drinking can improve overall health.
Moderate to heavy drinkers live longer
Either way, life is about balance. If you feel you need to have a few beers with friends to help balance your life, then do as you wish, but it most certainly isn't the end of the world if you knock a few back.

Last edited by CrazyChunk : 09-06-2010 at 09:24 AM.
CrazyChunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 05:09 PM #36
CDNX
East Coast Trash

Well here's pics for your living proof.

You can drink and have results.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 09-06-2010, 05:12 PM #37
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

you're not bad but def. not better than 90% of us.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:19 PM #38
Laureate
strength beyond strength

i mean, you could have posted a picture of arnold schwarzenegger. the question is, how long did it take you to look like that? the point isn't "if you drink you'll never be jack3d" the point is "if you drink, it will slow down the process of getting jack3d"
Old 09-06-2010, 05:37 PM #39
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA

15 inch biceps?
1992 Civic Street
Old 09-06-2010, 06:40 PM #40
mInImE pB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4/7_Ep3 View Post
15 inch biceps?
13inch bro come at me...

and if this guy wants serious advice..

heres mine...

dont consult pbnation for workout advice?
mInImE pB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:55 PM #41
05 ProStock
ΦΔΘ

Quote:
Well here's pics for your living proof.

dat dick vee

Old 09-06-2010, 08:22 PM #42
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Idk my arms are pretty small and they're nearing 15 in. Since I've started eating more they've gotten a lot bigger a lot quicker, my sister was making fun of me for it.
Jlausen is offline   Reply With Quote