Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-07-2010, 06:44 PM #1
Wank107

has been a member for 10 years
Lots of FUN questions for all you aka techs to answer for me:)

Hey guys,

I have a few questions...Ive been outa the AKA world for about 3 years, and decided I had to go back. I picked up a gun, and am taking it apart to be annodized. So I have a few questions.

Question 1:
How the heck do I get this the rest of the way apart? I cant even get out the set screw in the side, so im getting worried about taking it completely apart. LMK if you have tips that wont damage the reg completely.

Question 2: Is this a HP or LP spring? And can I use an HP tank with it?

Question 3: Is there suppose to be a spring of some sort in the SCM III? And how do I get that light blue collar off? Does it screw off?

Question 4: The can that is in the lower part of the picture is looks like an empty piece of aluminum. Are there any pieces inside that need to be removed?

I apologize if these are trivial questions, but just want to make sure I dont break my new baby...

Dave

Macdev Clone VX
Wank107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2010, 03:03 AM #2
DozerLVL

Tracker sign! I am shining it one the clouds of our fair city in hope's that he will swoop in and save the day. . .
CCI PHANTOM PRAYER: Our Phather, who art in Oregon, hallowed be thy name. The game shall be won, by your perfect gun in the woods as it is indoors. Give us this day our Nelson valvetrains, and forgive us our autotriggering, as we forgive those who autotrigger against us. And lead us not into semiautos, but deliver us from electros. For thine is the 12 gram, the 10 round tube, and the pump action, for ever and ever. Amen.
DozerLVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:48 PM #3
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D4 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
it looks like a lp screw from memory but i rarely take apart my 2 liters (why did u need to in the first place?)

but either way a hp tank will work fine.

yes their should be a spring in your lpr or SCM III

here is the manual to your regs to help you get the 2 liter apart

that bottom part is a volumizer no need to take it off or clean it. there should be a metal piece and a spring that holds the poppit in the valve i think unless I am thinking of the excal.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:50 AM #4
Wank107

Im taking it apart to get annodized. I have a bunch of raw parts on the gun, so figured I would just take it apart and get it annoed as well. That, and the entire side of it is scratched up.

ty for the help...i need to find myself a strap wrench

Macdev Clone VX
Wank107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:33 PM #5
Tracker
Demigod

Tracker is a founding member
Tracker helped look for balloons
Tracker has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DozerLVL View Post
Tracker sign! I am shining it one the clouds of our fair city in hope's that he will swoop in and save the day. . .
seesh didnt even realize i was being paged

1) patience, force, a strap wrench followed by cursing.. 2 liter plus's arent really supposed to come apart, as such they are loctited together, boil it in water for a few minutes, and then put it in the freezer to make it cold, hopefully it will come apart fairly easily afterwards

2) looks like a regular LP spring to me, i thought they were color coded.. could possibly be one of the early first run 2 liters + that were a gen 1 2 liter in a plus body, but i have no idea how youd prove that, so dont take my word for it. all the spring affects is output pressure, you can use whatever tank you want

3)light blue collar?? yes there should be a spring and a piston inside your 2 liter, not to mention the metering pin.. for anno, you dont HAVE to anno the threaded portion, but the adjuster cap and body need to, if the body is the collar your talking about, yes it just unscrews

4)it looks like a volumeizer to me (specifically a DC volly) and yes there should be some kind of a piece that has a rod on the end that extends into the gun to give the spring that holds the cupseal into the valve a place to go, if its empty and you dont have the parts for it, contact DC and let them know

hope some of thats useful

Tracker

BoneBreak Excal, Grey Resurrection, 04 APL viking
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote