Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2010, 04:21 PM #1
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff
 
Rob66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NorCal
Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
what do i do with my flashlight?

going to my first night game soon and i was wondering what should i do with my flashlight? it isn't one of those small ones. its like 8 inches tall and uses 2 size "D" batteries.

thanks
Rob66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2010, 05:22 PM #2
Furb
 
 
Furb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Don't use it because the other team can see where to light comes from and they will just light you up.
__________________
"...I don't care if god himself cracks a beam of light out of the heavens and is melting the mask to your face, you do not take it off!" -Darthmag99
Furb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:23 PM #3
sergeant357
I don't like Koolaid.
 
sergeant357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Boy did I take the title the wrong way..
__________________
"Originally posted by shoktek92:

Think of ST as the monstrous penis of a bull elephant, and your "forum" as the soft, fragile rectal cavity of a small house cat. "
sergeant357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:50 PM #4
Phoenix01
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Emporia, KS
If you really want a flashlight, leave that one at home. Go get yourself a smaller, LED bulb flash light from wal-mart and pick up a couple of hose clamps big enough to go around the flashlight and your barrel. If you are afraid that the hose clamps might scratch the barrel, just use some foam or an old scrap piece of cloth to go between the hose clamp and barrel.
Phoenix01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:43 PM #5
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff
 
Rob66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NorCal
Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
i only plan to use the flashlight to check terrain and stuff like that
Rob66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:53 PM #6
Furb
 
 
Furb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeant357 View Post
Boy did I take the title the wrong way..
You read it as "What do I do with my fleshlight?" didn't you?
__________________
"...I don't care if god himself cracks a beam of light out of the heavens and is melting the mask to your face, you do not take it off!" -Darthmag99
Furb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:53 PM #7
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff
 
Rob66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NorCal
Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
he probably did
Rob66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:44 AM #8
sergeant357
I don't like Koolaid.
 
sergeant357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furb View Post
You read it as "What do I do with my fleshlight?" didn't you?
Yeah lol.
__________________
"Originally posted by shoktek92:

Think of ST as the monstrous penis of a bull elephant, and your "forum" as the soft, fragile rectal cavity of a small house cat. "
sergeant357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:49 AM #9
Phoenix01
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Emporia, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob66 View Post
i only plan to use the flashlight to check terrain and stuff like that
Then just do what I suggested, make sure the flashlight has a button for on and off instead of those twist heads for turning on and adjusting the beam. This will keep your hands on the marker, instead of fumbling with a flashlight in one hand and your marker in the other.
Phoenix01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:32 AM #10
JESTERTLS
 
 
JESTERTLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Newton, NC
Doing night games I always carry a flash light. Anything from a cheap small throw away light to 3 million candle power spot lights. Some times I have two or three lights.

You can get a belt loop for the regular mag light type flash lights. I've used one a time or two. They allow the light to bounce around a bit and that can cause noise. And you can loose the light if your running, but I try not to run too much at night, unless I'm using the light.



Flash lights will get you shot. I've hit the dollar stores for cheapy lights to turn on and toss down some where to lure people in. Never got to employee that technique, but I was set up to try it last time out.
__________________
JesterTLS "The Great and Powerful."
Team ODX, Detachment 4-Armor
www.cdpaintball.com www.scenariosupply.com www.MilSimEmpire.com
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:51 PM #11
Snipes33
Tactical Recon Unit
 
Snipes33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: B.C Canada
Snipes33 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Snipes33 supports Team VICIOUS
Yeah I keep one on my gun mostly for looks lol but for the odd night game. It's best to only strobe it around a corner or in a building. it's fun lighting people up that have a huge light on their gun, because they don't know how they saw you in the dark. I've tried putting a light on the ground, but when it's low like that people don't care because it's not a threat.
Snipes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:13 PM #12
Tyrant08
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furb View Post
Don't use it because the other team can see where to light comes from and they will just light you up.
This, sir. This. Buy something small and compact, or just don't use one at all.
Tyrant08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:12 PM #13
aerosaaber
 
 
aerosaaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Western Massachusetts
aerosaaber supports our troops
trade the light in for night vision goggles, problem solved.
__________________
Gonna buy something in BST? search in the theft report forum for scammers first.
Saber Albany Marshals
Albany Scenario Club is where I play.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
aerosaaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:22 PM #14
Boom Master
Scenario Player
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St. Louis MO, USA, EARTH
Now you lack imagination. Lots of uses for a flashlight. First, the mounting. Just of seeing where you walk, Tie a strap onto it with a hose clamp and loop it around your neck so you will find it dangling there when it fell out of your pocket crawling away from an ambush. Or clip it to your belt.

I mounted mine on my marker. A BIG BLACK Mag Light. Tweaked it so the smallest beam would be right in the center of where my paintballs land at 10-15 yards. Then rigged a battery interuptor which was nothing but a double sided piece of circuit board with copper on both sides. Used a 1" hole cutter to cut out several nice disks with a 1/4" hole in the middle. Solder a light 2 part wire to each side and run them to a momentary switch mounted on the left grip right under my thumb.

Put the disk between one the batteries and the end connector. Turn the flashlight on. It will only go on when you push the thumb button then.

Makes for a nasty little toy in night games. You hear noise or voices. Push the button, light them up 1 second only, turn the light off while you sprint 10 feet perpendicular to your line of sight while his buddies shoot where you were. Don't move. When they move repeat the process and sprint again. Don't go too far or they will hear YOU. Takes a little practice but you can be a real pest during a night game that is VERY Dark.

Then it is handy for walking back dead. It is also handy for a might version of a dead man walk. I have walked right though enemy lines with my flashlight on sweeping it back and forth to ruin their night vision a bit. Just say over and over again. Don't shoot me. Don't get excited guys. Don't shoot me. Don't shoot me. It is NOT the same thing and saying "Dead man walking" over. Only dead players walk with a flashlight on. NOT!

Another fun hoot is to zip tie a flashlight to a branch with that battery interruptor and a 20 foot long wire. Turn the light on and pull the branch towards you. Draws enemy players like a bee to honey. They shoot the heck out of that flashlight while you shoot them. 2-3 guys can rip up a bunch of enemy players. Set 5-6 flashlights up and it will be an interesting night for the other side. You might be able to bottle up the whole side with a dozen or so players.

You aren't carrying it but it might be good idea to run that past the head ref before the night game. Someone will complain about it. Not FAIR being tricked and shot out in a war game.
__________________
Carefully planned irresponsibility is the KEY to mental health.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 09-03-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:19 PM #15
Phoenix01
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Emporia, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Master View Post
Now you lack imagination. Lots of uses for a flashlight. First, the mounting. Just of seeing where you walk, Tie a strap onto it with a hose clamp and loop it around your neck so you will find it dangling there when it fell out of your pocket crawling away from an ambush. Or clip it to your belt.

I mounted mine on my marker. A BIG BLACK Mag Light. Tweaked it so the smallest beam would be right in the center of where my paintballs land at 10-15 yards. Then rigged a battery interuptor which was nothing but a double sided piece of circuit board with copper on both sides. Used a 1" hole cutter to cut out several nice disks with a 1/4" hole in the middle. Solder a light 2 part wire to each side and run them to a momentary switch mounted on the left grip right under my thumb.

Put the disk between one the batteries and the end connector. Turn the flashlight on. It will only go on when you push the thumb button then.

Makes for a nasty little toy in night games. You hear noise or voices. Push the button, light them up 1 second only, turn the light off while you sprint 10 feet perpendicular to your line of sight while his buddies shoot where you were. Don't move. When they move repeat the process and sprint again. Don't go too far or they will hear YOU. Takes a little practice but you can be a real pest during a night game that is VERY Dark.

Then it is handy for walking back dead. It is also handy for a might version of a dead man walk. I have walked right though enemy lines with my flashlight on sweeping it back and forth to ruin their night vision a bit. Just say over and over again. Don't shoot me. Don't get excited guys. Don't shoot me. Don't shoot me. It is NOT the same thing and saying "Dead man walking" over. Only dead players walk with a flashlight on. NOT!

Another fun hoot is to zip tie a flashlight to a branch with that battery interruptor and a 20 foot long wire. Turn the light on and pull the branch towards you. Draws enemy players like a bee to honey. They shoot the heck out of that flashlight while you shoot them. 2-3 guys can rip up a bunch of enemy players. Set 5-6 flashlights up and it will be an interesting night for the other side. You might be able to bottle up the whole side with a dozen or so players.

You aren't carrying it but it might be good idea to run that past the head ref before the night game. Someone will complain about it. Not FAIR being tricked and shot out in a war game.
This is a guy that is creative, I'm glad to see someone else here that puts just a little thought into something. It really isn't that difficult to figure out what to do with a flashlight.
Phoenix01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump