PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:48 PM #43
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Who said anything about arguing? But at the same time, I find this fact rather ironic:

Quote:
High on the list of meat with a medical health warning are the so-called "unclean" foods listed in Scripture
It is merely food for thought. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, or get to believe anything. I am presenting the scientific facts, and I shouldn't have to convince you of those. I don't care if you eat foods outlined in the Old Testament as 'unclean,' but they are definitely not good for the health of the body.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2010, 11:58 AM #44
Spike511
Biddy

Spike511 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Spike511 is an NCPA player
Spike511 supports Pev's Paintball
Spike511 plays in the APPA D5 division
Hows it going guys?

Tonights the first game of my last season. (Last week was more of a scrimmage, for those who remember). We're going up against 29-0 two time defending state champions. They've graduated their top atheletes and lost their head coach...much like us two years ago.

Tonight is kinda like a test for me. I do well, I start for the rest of the season at offensive left tackle. I don't do so well, my spot goes into jeopardy.

If you guys can keep me and my team in your prayers, we'd appreciate it. That I do well and I can keep my spot, that my team does well, that we come out on top, and that we're kept free from injuries.

We appreciate it.
ChristKrew #269
Old 09-04-2010, 01:43 PM #45
duos_scythe
Luke 12: 4-6

duos_scythe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
duos_scythe posts videos on PbNation
duos_scythe has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
duos_scythe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
duos_scythe is Legendary
Downloading Ubuntu for my laptop. I am sick of Vista on this 512mb of ram power house.

Pray for my 2 youngest kids. Both have a stomach bug and are not holding down food or water very well today.
Christ Krew Member #46 / Matthew 10:32-33
Kryptonice 3.1 / Spire / Ninja 68 - Not F/S!
TC Paintball / CRU Paintball
Old 09-04-2010, 02:52 PM #46
bait607
Eternal Impact Ministries

Quote:
Originally Posted by duos_scythe View Post
Downloading Ubuntu for my laptop. I am sick of Vista on this 512mb of ram power house.

Pray for my 2 youngest kids. Both have a stomach bug and are not holding down food or water very well today.
congrats on the OS upgrade

my upped G3 f/s/t bring nerves ions or enmeys

lightly upped sft shocker $200, eigen bolt $55, Virtue redefined board $70... the look on an eclipse agglets face when they realize their brand new $1250 gun just got out shot by an 03 spoolvalve PRICELESS
Old 09-04-2010, 05:31 PM #47
paintballguru92
Guru

Annual Supporting Member
paintballguru92 plays in the PSP
paintballguru92 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by duos_scythe

I have a bug too! It's awful !
FLY HIGH KREW
Old 09-04-2010, 09:01 PM #48
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

I would love to dabble around on Linux. I heard that you have to devote a portion of your harddrive to it though.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:25 PM #49
Prea

Ecclesiastes 3

Quote:
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

9 What does the worker gain from his toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.

15 Whatever is has already been,
and what will be has been before;
and God will call the past to account. [a]

16 And I saw something else under the sun:
In the place of judgment—wickedness was there,
in the place of justice—wickedness was there.

17 I thought in my heart,
"God will bring to judgment
both the righteous and the wicked,
for there will be a time for every activity,
a time for every deed."

18 I also thought, "As for men, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. 19 Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath [b] ; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless. 20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. 21 Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal [c] goes down into the earth?"

22 So I saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work, because that is his lot. For who can bring him to see what will happen after him?
Old 09-05-2010, 02:29 PM #50
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Revelation 3:20a "Behold I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him..."

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

That is all.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:44 AM #51
bait607

pretty epic TK there... anyways how is everyone doing? please pray for my "brother" he is at Parris Island as of yesterday

lightly upped sft shocker $200, eigen bolt $55, Virtue redefined board $70... the look on an eclipse agglets face when they realize their brand new $1250 gun just got out shot by an 03 spoolvalve PRICELESS
Old 09-07-2010, 09:58 AM #52
duos_scythe

duos_scythe is Legendary
On it Jonathon.

Having no internet at home is nice...but weird.

Yesterday we took a drive to a town I have never been to.....now I know why as a kid we never went there....it is a ghost town basically. It's on the Lake Huron side of Michigan...Rogers City. We didn't see a single person downtown, and nothing was open. It was kinda freaky....like in a movie where everyone vanishes.

Oh and now I have a "step dad" or something like that I guess. My mom got married on Sunday.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:02 AM #53
bait607

Quote:
Originally Posted by duos_scythe View Post
Oh and now I have a "step dad" or something like that I guess. My mom got married on Sunday.
that a good thing or a bad thing?

Old 09-07-2010, 10:26 AM #54
markcheb
surrender...don't move

I haven't been to Rogers City in a long time but I always thought it was a nice town. I'm sure what you saw Dom was more a doing of the economy more than anything. Plus the weather this weekend wasn't the nicest for the end of summer.

And congrats to your mom.

Praying for your brother Bait.

Mornin' Krew

Hope you all had a great weekend. Despite the weather we had a good time with family and friends.

2 Corinthians 6:1-2 (esv)
1 Working together with him, then, we appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain. 2 For he says, "In a favorable time I listened to you, and in a day of salvation I have helped you." Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

Now is a very precise word and with very precise meaning. Jesus' work on the cross is not some distant event long lost in the past, His work continues. It is not something that has been done it is what is being done. Alpha and Omega, now is in the between.
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
Old 09-07-2010, 10:52 AM #55
duos_scythe

duos_scythe is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by bait607 View Post
that a good thing or a bad thing?
Can I plead the 5th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheb View Post
I haven't been to Rogers City in a long time but I always thought it was a nice town. I'm sure what you saw Dom was more a doing of the economy more than anything. Plus the weather this weekend wasn't the nicest for the end of summer.

And congrats to your mom.
Yeah Rogers City looks bad. We went thru the business loop of 23. Then we turned back and found a Glens and a McDonalds...thats about it...
Old 09-07-2010, 04:34 PM #56
Prea

Hypothetically, don't you guys think God could resurrect a dead body back to life? It happened with Jesus, so why couldn't it happen with a regular person? God claims to be all powerful, and if that's the case, he should be able to resurrect somebody who takes their life. What if said person is doing it with the intent to meet God, gain knowledge, and then come back to pass that knowledge to the rest of humanity? There's so much we don't understand, and more problems than we can fix....because the money and power is in the hands of the minority of greedy individuals. But if the truth could be given with a logical, scientific explanation...perhaps those people would be less greedy and more giving?

But people fear death too much to let me try it (or to try it themselves). I have nothing to lose....but nope, I've gotta keep living in the mundane just like the rest of the puppets in this game of life.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:48 PM #57
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prea View Post
Hypothetically, don't you guys think God could resurrect a dead body back to life? It happened with Jesus, so why couldn't it happen with a regular person? God claims to be all powerful, and if that's the case, he should be able to resurrect somebody who takes their life. What if said person is doing it with the intent to meet God, gain knowledge, and then come back to pass that knowledge to the rest of humanity? There's so much we don't understand, and more problems than we can fix....because the money and power is in the hands of the minority of greedy individuals. But if the truth could be given with a logical, scientific explanation...perhaps those people would be less greedy and more giving?

But people fear death too much to let me try it (or to try it themselves). I have nothing to lose....but nope, I've gotta keep living in the mundane just like the rest of the puppets in this game of life.
Death isn't something you can "try." Once you die, you don't come back to earth/life. So your experiment won't accomplish anything, except cause people who care about you pain/sadness. You get one chance to exist as life in this universe, go try and do something with it. Just enjoy the ride and have some fun.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:01 PM #58
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Quote:

"If they will not believe the prophets, neither will they believe even if someone is raised from the dead."

I couldn't agree with you more, but I don't see killing yourself and then trying to come back to life as very valid.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:03 PM #59
Prea

But God would be able to explain how the universe and afterlife works
Old 09-07-2010, 05:04 PM #60
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Quote:
But God would be able to explain how the universe and afterlife works
And if he felt so inclined, do you not think he could do it right now?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:10 PM #61
Prea

he's probably too lazy. Or maybe god is stuck in heaven

"This is the kingpin, and he the man. Now the king move one space any direction he damn please, but he ain't got no hustle. The rest of these mother****ers got his back, and they run so deep he ain't really gotta do ****."

Last edited by Prea : 09-07-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:27 PM #62
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

I sent you a PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:46 PM #63
Prea

This is an interesting few verses imo
Quote:
1 Corinthians 15:12-20

12 Now if Christ is proclaimed as raised from the dead, how can some of you say there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised; 14and if Christ has not been raised, then our proclamation has been in vain and your faith has been in vain. 15We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified of God that he raised Christ—whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised. 17If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have died* in Christ have perished. 19If for this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have died.*