PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-25-2013, 04:02 PM #1
Chofs

DP Threshold wont shoot far..

Hi all.

So after getting over the dreadful boltstick, I got another problem. The paint doesn't go far. Like literally, I can crank the HPR up - the gun gets louder and kicks more, but the shots drop to the ground at about 30ft no matter what.

Fresh battery - Yes
Enough air in tank - Yes
Regulator cleaned and lubed - Yes
Bolt lubed - Yes

Anyone got suggestions?

Last edited by Chofs : 07-25-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Chofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2013, 05:35 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

Stock everything? Stock board & bolt?

When was the last time the solenoid was serviced?

A few things that pop off the top of my head are noid dwell too low, noid piston partially sticking (not opening fully), or.....that bolt stick that you thought was gone........maybe it isn't.

Is the short shot on every shot or just the first one or two?
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:13 PM #3
Ringwraith

also crushed reg seat with early HPR is possible. Easy fix to check, swap out HPR and see if it works. Dont forget that early DP markers had the crappy HPR reg seats that got squarshed if you screwed em out too far. Easy fix is a perfectly match DYE Hyper 3 reg or simply get the red replacement piston from DP.
Black FEP Quest - with all ups! Red/Black DP Threshold, Black & Red DP threshold both L7 bolts one with APE and one 7th element boards, Original Diablo Matrix - yes pre-DM3 and black,Pump, Black acid Phantom VSC,Slate Phantom VSC, CCM S6 1 of 4 Camo. red Black fade Freelow Lotus pump, Camo SM-1 Pump, Red/Black AIM Cocker, Grey Fade Dye Ultralight Cocker, Grey CMM J2 Cocker, Black Chrome Spanky Cobra Cocker, Red/Black DP F-7, Red/Back ANS GX-5 pump and matching mechanical cockers, Ego 9 1/12 limited edition Tribal Flame, Automag RT w. Z grip and now Red/Grey/Black Zodiac Zr-1
Ringwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:32 PM #4
Chofs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Stock everything? Stock board & bolt?

When was the last time the solenoid was serviced?

A few things that pop off the top of my head are noid dwell too low, noid piston partially sticking (not opening fully), or.....that bolt stick that you thought was gone........maybe it isn't.

Is the short shot on every shot or just the first one or two?
Its is brand new! Therefore the solenoid has never been serviced.
Bolt stick is gone, it dryfires just fine.
Every shot is affected.
I have tried all the dwell levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwraith View Post
also crushed reg seat with early HPR is possible. Easy fix to check, swap out HPR and see if it works. Dont forget that early DP markers had the crappy HPR reg seats that got squarshed if you screwed em out too far. Easy fix is a perfectly match DYE Hyper 3 reg or simply get the red replacement piston from DP.
Allright, I will try to swap with my Vice reg. I have tried to back the HPR all the way out....wops I guess. Ill get back to you guys. Right now I'm not home where the guns are so It'l take me a couple of days to try things out.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:51 PM #5
Ringwraith

Imma bet you squashed the reg seat when you were adjusting HPR. That was how they got crushed. That and the sail oring puffing were the only real issues with Threshy's and easy fixes. They are awesome guns...I have 2 and cant imagine ever selling them. With an L7 bolt and an APE or 7th ele board, they will hold thier own with any LUXE, Vapor or BL marker at half the price.
Black FEP Quest - with all ups! Red/Black DP Threshold, Black & Red DP threshold both L7 bolts one with APE and one 7th element boards, Original Diablo Matrix - yes pre-DM3 and black,Pump, Black acid Phantom VSC,Slate Phantom VSC, CCM S6 1 of 4 Camo. red Black fade Freelow Lotus pump, Camo SM-1 Pump, Red/Black AIM Cocker, Grey Fade Dye Ultralight Cocker, Grey CMM J2 Cocker, Black Chrome Spanky Cobra Cocker, Red/Black DP F-7, Red/Back ANS GX-5 pump and matching mechanical cockers, Ego 9 1/12 limited edition Tribal Flame, Automag RT w. Z grip and now Red/Grey/Black Zodiac Zr-1
Ringwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:59 PM #6
Chofs

Quote:
Imma bet you squashed the reg seat when you were adjusting HPR. That was how they got crushed. That and the sail oring puffing were the only real issues with Threshy's and easy fixes. They are awesome guns...I have 2 and cant imagine ever selling them. With an L7 bolt and an APE or 7th ele board, they will hold thier own with any LUXE, Vapor or BL marker at half the price.
Any chance you could tell me where I can get a new board and bolt for it? Not a lot of threshold parts out there..
Old 07-25-2013, 11:54 PM #7
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chofs View Post
Any chance you could tell me where I can get a new board and bolt for it? Not a lot of threshold parts out there..
TechT has the bolt engine: http://www.techtpaintball.com/Detail...26728&CAT=3738 as do several other places like eBay and various online paintball stores.

For a board, that may be a little harder to find but....Google is your friend: http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Advan...ower-Threshold - although you may want to give them a call to make sure they have one in stock.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 07-26-2013, 08:58 AM #8
Chofs

Quote:
TechT has the bolt engine: http://www.techtpaintball.com/Detail...26728&CAT=3738 as do several other places like eBay and various online paintball stores.

For a board, that may be a little harder to find but....Google is your friend: http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Advan...ower-Threshold - although you may want to give them a call to make sure they have one in stock.
Actually I found both on hustlepaintball. I'll be ordering soon if I don't get the gun working with stock parts. Thanks!

Last edited by Chofs : 07-26-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Chofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:02 AM #9
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Actually I found both on hustlepaintball. I'll be ordering soon if I don't get the gun working stock. Thanks!
You should be able to get the stock setup working. Changing the board and/or board doesn't necessarily make the issue go away. Also, if you do decide to order, give them a call first to be sure that they have it all in stock.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:00 PM #10
Chofs

Quote:

So guys, I took apart the reg today... and to me the reg seat seems fine?

Check it out. Also, another thing that bugs me is that the cushion on the bolt cap always wants to pop out after I've fired the gun.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:15 PM #11
CA_Tectonics

That reg seat (that black plastic inside the tip of the reg piston) does look fine. However, your shim stack looks like it is incorrect. Hard to tell from the pic's angle but it looks like you have something funky going on with the top 3 shims (or specifically the 2nd and 3rd from the top). Likely not your issue though. Just for future reference, the G3 type red reg piston and velocity adjustment screw DOES fit the Threshy and you are FAR less likely to have a reg seat failure with it.

Those backcap bumpers are a real PITA for sure. They have to be seated just right to stay in place. It looks like yours has been smashed out of it's normal form so you may need to get a new one. However, if you are thinking about getting the TechT engine - don't bother getting a new one, it isn't needed.

Reading back through this thread, I know you said that the noid is new but it still may need to be serviced. No telling how long it was sitting on a shelf/in a box somewhere. I'd start with cleaning and relubing the noid piston first.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:21 PM #12
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Shim stack should look like )()()()( Turned vertical of course.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:10 PM #13
Chofs

Quote:
That reg seat (that black plastic inside the tip of the reg piston) does look fine. However, your shim stack looks like it is incorrect. Hard to tell from the pic's angle but it looks like you have something funky going on with the top 3 shims (or specifically the 2nd and 3rd from the top). Likely not your issue though. Just for future reference, the G3 type red reg piston and velocity adjustment screw DOES fit the Threshy and you are FAR less likely to have a reg seat failure with it.

Those backcap bumpers are a real PITA for sure. They have to be seated just right to stay in place. It looks like yours has been smashed out of it's normal form so you may need to get a new one. However, if you are thinking about getting the TechT engine - don't bother getting a new one, it isn't needed.

Reading back through this thread, I know you said that the noid is new but it still may need to be serviced. No telling how long it was sitting on a shelf/in a box somewhere. I'd start with cleaning and relubing the noid piston first.
Probably gonna change out the bolt yeah, so thats not the biggest issue I guess. Allright, I'll check out the noid when I have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteGargoyle View Post
Shim stack should look like )()()()( Turned vertical of course.
As far as I can tell guys, the shimstack is correct.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:29 PM #14
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Probably gonna change out the bolt yeah, so thats not the biggest issue I guess. Allright, I'll check out the noid when I have the time.

As far as I can tell guys, the shimstack is correct.
[IMG]http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l633/sexypaki55/20130802_205911.jpg[IMG]
- that's it. I guess it was that other angle that made it look funky.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:14 PM #15
Chofs

Quote:
- that's it. I guess it was that other angle that made it look funky.
So, it's probably the solenoid then? :S
Old 08-02-2013, 07:35 PM #16
CA_Tectonics

That's what I'm thinking. You have the stock board so it shouldn't be a dwell issue (the stock board's dwell only goes down to 14ms I think). Only other think I can think of is you have a partial blockage somewhere or your sail o-ring is creating too much drag.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:43 PM #17
xmc1146
Portsmouth, Virginia

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
you gonna need a red piston and new adjustor screw. your piston seal seems pushed in and it wont seal anything. so you will get a full pressure force from the tank and would cause to over pressurize your solenoid. hope that you didn't blow it out.
xmc1146 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:57 PM #18
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc1146 View Post
you gonna need a red piston and new adjustor screw. your piston seal seems pushed in and it wont seal anything. so you will get a full pressure force from the tank and would cause to over pressurize your solenoid. hope that you didn't blow it out.
I do agree that it is best to get the red reg piston and corresponding velocity adjustment screw but the position of that reg seat is normal. The tip of the velocity adjustment screw for those silver ones actually fit inside the opening of the piston tip. This is the reason why overtightening the screw crushes the reg seat.