Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-12-2015, 01:01 AM #1
ggsmithypup

G5 Help

So a few months ago I purchased a lightly used g5 off ebay. So the gun has never ever given me issues like ever and since buying it ive put around 8-10 cases through it in a span of about two months. I recently took it out last weekend and that day I was slammed with issue after issue. First the marker would not fire, somehow the reg was set all the way down and after adjusting it it finally shot. After that I got a leak somewere near the bolt. I took the bolt out and relubed the inner oring and stuck it back in and leak was fixed. After that it stopped shooting. Bolt was on too tight and I had to slightly loosen it. Then the bolt was getting stuck on something on the inside. One of the oring came out of its socket when i was relubing them. I popped it back in and it worked fine. Played a game and then it would only fire turned the eyes off and it fired every third trigger pull. Took the hopper off and noticed the bolt was not all the way back it was stuck about halfway out from were you could see through the feedneck. Stuck a brand new battery and problem fixed for one game then it happend again. And that is my current issue the bolt wont travel all the way back so the balls can not feed. Sorry about the lengthy post just wanted to give a good rundown of what happend that day so you guys could get the best idea of the solution. If it means anything I clean and relube my gun after every outing but have never ever touched the solenoid. I use hater sauce for the reg and oil for the orings in the breach. I live kn southern california and it was hot af that day.
ggsmithypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2015, 01:19 AM #2
CA_Tectonics

O-rings on the solenoid spool are probably dry and the spool is sticking. Also, you should use a decent paintball lube - not oil - for the bolt. Same goes for the rest of the marker...no oil anywhere. Lastly, there have been posts in the past where hater sauce has caused issues for some reason. I'd suggest trying a different lube. Something like monkey poo, gunsav, lurker lube,
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:34 AM #3
ggsmithypup

Thanks for the response. Ill get a new lube as soon as I can and the only reason I used oil was because someone recomended I use a thin lube and oil would work. And also forgot to mention the back cap has a small chip near the oring. I had dropped it by accident a d im curiouse if I should buy a new one or if it will be fine.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:45 AM #4
CA_Tectonics

The problem with oil is that it simply doesn't last long at all. When it's gone, there is too much friction against the bolt and you get bolt stick and/or, like what you had, the o-rings pop out of place. A grease lube lasts much longer in a DP spool.

For the ding, can you post a pic? It may or may not be an issue.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 09-12-2015, 10:24 AM #5
ggsmithypup

Ill take a picture as soon as I can. My sister currently is in possesion of my marker.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:42 AM #6
ggsmithypup

http://picpaste.com/Screenshot_2015-...4-HPAptk71.jpg
Old 09-13-2015, 12:55 AM #7
CA_Tectonics

Here ya go:

Last edited by CA_Tectonics : 09-13-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:00 AM #8
CA_Tectonics

I take it you are referring to that little silver spot. So long as it is not scratching up the inside of the bolt, I think that is fine and not really an issue. The reason being is that it is on the front side of the seal and that it does not cross or interact/interfere with the sealing o-ring or o-ring gland (groove). Again, so long as it isn't so rough to the point of scratching up the inside of the bolt. If it is on the rough side, you can take some very fine sandpaper (~1,000 grit) and knock down the roughness.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:38 PM #9
ggsmithypup

thanks for the advice :3
Old 09-13-2015, 06:08 PM #10
CA_Tectonics

No problem. Post up how everything goes. If you need help maintaining the solenoid, post up and I can walk you through it.