PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-12-2014, 08:20 PM #1
AyyPetey
Akuna Matata

DP G3 SE question

its been a long time... I have the DP G3 SE, if I'm reading it correctly it has an upgraded board in it already. BUT i also read the the APE board is still an upgrade even for the SE? i wanna start getting back into tourney play and i wanna make small upgrades to my gun to attempt to keep up with others. purchasing a new gun isn't in my budget at this point. What upgrades do people suggest? Thank you for your time

Last edited by AyyPetey : 04-12-2014 at 08:23 PM.
AyyPetey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2014, 10:43 PM #2
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
Does your board have the microswitch or an optical sensor? There were two different ones in the SE.

The APE board with Gen4 coding is an excellent board but your current board might be able to do 12BPS anyways. Most tournaments run 12bps these days.

Currently the best upgrades for the SE are the CP trigger, APE board and Techt Bolt. There is another bolt coming out soon that you should wait for, however. Bolt Thread

With a gun that is well taken care of and upgraded, you will keep with the best of them.
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:38 AM #3
AyyPetey
Akuna Matata

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Does your board have the microswitch or an optical sensor? There were two different ones in the SE.

The APE board with Gen4 coding is an excellent board but your current board might be able to do 12BPS anyways. Most tournaments run 12bps these days.

Currently the best upgrades for the SE are the CP trigger, APE board and Techt Bolt. There is another bolt coming out soon that you should wait for, however. Bolt Thread

With a gun that is well taken care of and upgraded, you will keep with the best of them.
microswitch or optical sensor? im not worried about the 12bps, i would like the 3 ball burst when in a gun fight. i saw a review on youtube that the G3 only shoots one ball after ramping and stopping for awhile. when other guns shoot 3 balls after ramping and stopping. does that sound familiar?

like if i ramp and then get in a snap battle, they said my gun will only shoot one ball per trigger pull in its psp mode.... they said other psp modes doing the same thing will shoot 3 balls per trigger pull....
TFG
Old 04-14-2014, 11:40 AM #4
AyyPetey
Akuna Matata

and what CP trigger/ sling or rake?
TFG
Old 04-14-2014, 11:43 AM #5
AyyPetey
Akuna Matata

it looks like the sling trigger is better design than the rake.... and thank you for responding firefox
TFG
Old 04-14-2014, 02:41 PM #6
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
trigger is preference. You will want a nice CP trigger when using a microswitch board like the APE board.

The 3shot PSP ramp is a feature of the APE board. I prefer regular ramping to 3shot ramping because sometimes when I let off the trigger, the gun will shoot a 3 shot burst instead of just stopping. Its up to you. If you have fast fingers, you wont need 3shot ramp to be effective in a snap battle.

The APE board has Semi, PSP3, Millennium, NXL, Regular ramp, 3 burst, full auto, etc. You wont have to worry.

The biggest thing to understand about the APE board is that just because it has a TON of settings, you only need to change the following; Dwell, Rate of fire, fire mode. You dont need to change any eye settings or other odd ball settings. Its easy to get confused if you think you must customize everything.
MacDev Clone GTi
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:31 PM #7
AyyPetey
Akuna Matata

ok, ill get the APE board and one of the triggers and go from there. thanks firefox
TFG