Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-04-2015, 12:55 PM #1
sirdouglasb12

sirdouglasb12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sirdouglasb12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sirdouglasb12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
O-ring kits?

Can anyone recommend a good source for a complete O-ring kit? I would like at least a 3 or 5x rebuild kit. The colored O-ring looks like a plus as well. How do those hold up?
sirdouglasb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2015, 01:13 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

Unfortunately, the o-ring kits I have seen so far either are not all inclusive or use substitute sizes that could lead to possible sealing issues and leaks.

I believe O-Ring Monkey has some decent kits but the O-rings for the solenoid are a separate kit from the rest of the marker - so you need to buy 2 different kits. Others use a standard size in place of some of the odd metric sizes used in many DP markers. The kits from DP themselves seem to be decent and would obviously have the correct sizes, I'm just not sure if they include all O-rings or not.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:24 PM #3
Insane_Vendetta
Dangerous Power Nerd

^^^ This
Insane_Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:47 PM #4
NeinBall

http://www.oringmonkey.com/

This is where I get my O-rings, auto part stores usually sell bulk sets of multiple size O-rings as well.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:01 PM #5
sirdouglasb12

I've looked at DP's O-ring kits. The price is the big issue - I could get at least a 3x rebuild kit, in a box with individual compartments, for less than I would pay for one from DP. I've bought 2 markers from DP, plus sent in a body for some work. I love DP and am happy to support them, but would like to find a better value for the O-rings.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:16 PM #6
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdouglasb12 View Post
I've looked at DP's O-ring kits. The price is the big issue - I could get at least a 3x rebuild kit, in a box with individual compartments, for less than I would pay for one from DP. I've bought 2 markers from DP, plus sent in a body for some work. I love DP and am happy to support them, but would like to find a better value for the O-rings.
I would suggest making your own kit then. That way, you get exactly what you want and can be sure you aren't getting any substitute sizes in the mix.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 02-05-2015, 05:40 PM #7
sirdouglasb12

Is BN70 a good material for rings? What are the original DP rings made out of?
Old 02-05-2015, 05:55 PM #8
CA_Tectonics

Yes and no. BN70 actually refers to the type of material and the hardness. The BN stands for Buna - the typical black rubber o-rings you see. The 70 refers to the duro or hardness of the o-ring.

For all DP markers, as far as I can think of, using Buna is fine. The hardness varies depending on the application. Typically, a bumper o-ring (like on the G3, Threshy, and Rev-i stock bolts) are 90 duro. Same goes for the ASA pin o-ring(s). DP is starting to use higher duro o-rings for the macroless RAPS on the G5 and Elite. For the Fusion and F8, the inner valve o-ring is also a 90 duro.

What marker is this for? Maybe I can tell you which are/should be 90s? Also, some have experimented using different material for the o-rings associated with the bolt system of the DP spools. I believe there eas some gain and longevity but nothing extraordinary.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:03 PM #9
sirdouglasb12

I'm looking for O-rings for my G4.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:07 PM #10
CA_Tectonics

Alright. For the G4, the just the ASA pin o-ring is a 90 duro. I believe all other ones are a 70 duro. They can also all be buna type as well.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:13 PM #11
CA_Tectonics

Oh......and the o-ring on the barrel is labeled incorrectly in the manual. It should be a 20mm ID X 1mm CS. The 12.42mm ID X 1.78mm CS (standard -014) is just too small and too thick.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:53 PM #12
sirdouglasb12

Thanks CA! you have been very helpful!
sirdouglasb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:01 PM #13
CA_Tectonics

No problem.

If you are going to make your own kit, a good place to check out is this place: http://www.theoringstore.com .

If you have any questions, post up or feel free to PM me if you want.