Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-28-2010, 11:05 AM #1
lime3
Yes its a rotor on an ion

lime3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Good quality, Reasonably Priced Sound Cancelers

So my dad has a pair of audio technica ath anc7s. The sound quality is pretty nice, the noise canceling works pretty well. They were really a great bang for the buck at around 100 dollars.

I'm looking for a pair of headphones (must be sound cancelling) for myself. I don't really want to spend much more than 300 dollars on them. Does anybody have any recommendations from what they've tried/own?

Are those monster beats (dr dre) any good? I tried them in a store and the quality was nice, however I've read that they bleed sound out and are low quality construction.

"Originally posted by '[paintball.ninja]: Furb stop making up stupid stories. Everytime one of these threads comes up you post about 100 times with bull**** stories that aren't even funny."

"Originally posted by pyromaniacs1: Cup the balls, work the shaft, AND swallow the gravy."
lime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2010, 02:18 PM #2
inkjt510
Romo Never Stops Smiling

has been a member for 10 years
The bose quietcomfort 3's are really nice but I'm sure you can find better value somewhere
inkjt510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:29 PM #3
mossdabomb
Its Aggafagnaificent!

mossdabomb is a Supporting Member
sennheiser pxc 350s hands down.

You can get them for about $150, you wont be disappointed.

ST:Anything short of excellence is failure.
"Originally posted by Dake: I'd never buy snap-on anyway because every time I see it I read "strap-on," which makes me miss my ex"
mossdabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:44 AM #4
tuna

Why does it have to be noise canceling? Are you on airplanes a lot? Because there aren't many other good uses for it.
tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:54 AM #5
lime3
Yes its a rotor on an ion

That for one, (Im on probably 10+ plane trips a year) I really need it to be quite quiet for my to study, small noises for some reason easily distract me (add maybe?). Also good for blocking out annoying people at school.

"Originally posted by '[paintball.ninja]: Furb stop making up stupid stories. Everytime one of these threads comes up you post about 100 times with bull**** stories that aren't even funny."

"Originally posted by pyromaniacs1: Cup the balls, work the shaft, AND swallow the gravy."
lime3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:34 PM #6
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Noise canceling headphones are not designed to block out a person's voice. If they did that, they'd be canceling out the same frequencies you hear in the music. They cancel out white noise and droning sounds. They do this be listening to outside frequencies and sending the opposite frequency to your ear, effectively canceling out the noise you hear. This is also why they are called noise canceling, not sound canceling.

What you are looking for is a good pair of sound isolating (closed can) headphones with noise canceling. As previously mentioned, look in to Sennheiser PXC350's.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:07 PM #7
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
Why does it have to be noise canceling? Are you on airplanes a lot? Because there aren't many other good uses for it.
Sound isolating are good enough for me. But I can see many situations where I'd want noise canceling.
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote