PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-27-2010, 01:06 PM #1
spudnic
Mojo Man

Starting A creating Supplement Routine.

Ive never taken any type of creatine before and i figured ide give it a try for a period of a month or two, i got ahold of some Micronized Creatine Powder by ON and i was wondering if any of you had any tips on how i should take it. Things im looking for are;

When should i take it?
Should i load up and saturate my cells for the first week?
Howmuch should i take daily?
Should i take it on non workout days?
Can i still do cardio in my workout or will it negate effects?
What types of things should i do to see maximum results?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Sounds & Colors

"We Earn Our Tomorrows Standing Here Today"
spudnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:08 PM #2
only4theweak187

OoOooh Colonie

There's actually someone close to me on pbnation? weird
Old 08-27-2010, 01:14 PM #3
Smart Parts Player12

It's nothing magical, just a normal supplement. 5g is the usual amount. Some people take it only on workout days, some people take it daily. People usually cycle it, i.e one month on, 2-3 weeks off. Nothing special you need to do to make it work besides drink a lot of water.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:15 PM #4
spudnic
Mojo Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by only4theweak187 View Post
OoOooh Colonie

There's actually someone close to me on pbnation? weird
Colonie HS graduate
518 Babby
Sounds & Colors

Old 08-27-2010, 01:16 PM #5
spudnic
Mojo Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
It's nothing magical, just a normal supplement. 5g is the usual amount. Some people take it only on workout days, some people take it daily. People usually cycle it, i.e one month on, 2-3 weeks off. Nothing special you need to do to make it work besides drink a lot of water.
Thxx
Sounds & Colors

Old 08-27-2010, 01:28 PM #6
NeCanes
TBO

NeCanes plays in the PSP
NeCanes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NeCanes is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
bro dont do it you wont be natural!
NeCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:34 PM #7
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Creatine is more dangerous then steroids. Dont ****ing do it.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:54 PM #8
bluestreak08
I Lied. It's Drum & Bass

i took some last year. you''ll gain a lot .of weight fast, but if you stop taking it you'll lose it because it makes your muscles retain water. when i went on vacation and didnt take it i lost like 10 from it.

youre supposed to take it after a workout with like a sugary drink. i always used grape juice because it has a lot of sugar in it compared to other drinks- like 41 or 42g/serving. 5g/day is the recommended amount to take. i loaded when i took it but idk if it makes much difference. just read up on it.

edit: also what fat joe said.

Somethings tearing me down
And down
Cant help but feel its coming from you

The Sonic Recreation Of The End Of The World
bluestreak08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:21 PM #9
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak08
i took some last year. you''ll gain a lot .of weight fast, but if you stop taking it you'll lose it because it makes your muscles retain water. when i went on vacation and didnt take it i lost like 10 from it.

youre supposed to take it after a workout with like a sugary drink. i always used grape juice because it has a lot of sugar in it compared to other drinks- like 41 or 42g/serving. 5g/day is the recommended amount to take. i loaded when i took it but idk if it makes much difference. just read up on it.

edit: also what fat joe said.
You won't lose muscle weight, just the water.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:30 PM #10
bluestreak08
I Lied. It's Drum & Bass

yeah thats what i mean. your muscles retain the water.

And down

Old 08-27-2010, 06:41 PM #11
only4theweak187

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnic View Post
Colonie HS graduate
518 Babby
yeah man 518 ALL ****ING DAY AND SOMETIMES AT NIGHT

Schdy HS graduate right hurr.

Thus continuing our bromance
Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 PM #12
robbie_vlad
Shake N' Bake

robbie_vlad is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak08 View Post
yeah thats what i mean. your muscles retain the water.
yea, but the muscle mass that creatine SUPPLEMENT you in acquiring stays. That's the whole point of creatine. It increase ATP production in the muscle cells, allowing your muscles to get more of a pump. This helps speed recovery and increase explosiveness, helping you to move more weight, and in turn build more muscle. While the water weight will go away once you cycle off of creatine, the muscle you built will stay as long as you maintain a healthy diet and workout routine.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:00 PM #13
bluestreak08
I Lied. It's Drum & Bass

yeah i think we're just misunderstanding each other haha. yeah youll gain muscle, but if you take creatine dont be surprised to gain 5-10 pounds reall fast, and then when you stop taking it dont be surprised when you lose 5-10 just as fast.

and i wouldnt say it allows you to get more of a pump. your body uses the creatine to turn adp (or spent atp) back into usable atp. which allows you to sustain workouts longer.

i didnt really like it though. i only took it a couple months. id rather just take whey and casein and not have to worry about my water level being high enough, and cycling it, and gaining and losing weight all the time with the cycles.

And down

Old 08-27-2010, 10:08 PM #14
damico

damico is a Supporting Member
damico plays in the PSP
damico owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
damico plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
Creatine is more dangerous then steroids. Dont ****ing do it.
THIS MAN KNOWS HIS STUFF!!!
damico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:26 AM #15
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Will someone else PLEASE tell this kid not to take this ****? Its horrible it destroys your liver, your kidneys, and the lining of your intestines! Its all extremely dangerous and will make you rage out on a whim. Especially celltech.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:32 AM #16
brassmonkey267

Yea bro, joe speaks the truth. Some fool back in HS tried to get hyooge for football with this stuff, he ended up not being able to play his senior year because he was hospitalized. Never was the same after that, he had such a bright future.
brassmonkey267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:02 AM #17
spudnic
Mojo Man

Just like everything else in life i'm sure there are safe and unsafe ways of doing creatine, are there any accredited medical studies to show that "safely" taking creatine can still have irreversible negative effects on the body?
Sounds & Colors

Old 08-28-2010, 09:22 AM #18
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Just ask any bro out there that's taken it. That **** will wreck you
Old 08-28-2010, 09:36 AM #19
robbie_vlad
Shake N' Bake

robbie_vlad is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrosive View Post
Just ask any bro out there that's taken it. That **** will wreck you
Yup. Here's one poor guy's story....

I walked through the doors of GNC. It was the nearest GNC in San Diego, and I felt that I probably should have chosen one that wasn’t in my town. I should have gone to a place where no one would know me. I was already here, so there was no turning around. I could feel people eyeing me. It was as if they knew what I was here for. It was as if they could read my thoughts. I had a black hoodie and sunglasses on so people wouldn’t recognize me, but I had my doubts that they all bought the disguise. I approached the checkout counter and asked the clerk if he had any tubs of the C word. And he had the audacity to reply,

“Creatine?”

“Shut up! People are going to hear you!” I answered him. “Just give me the stuff”. To expedite the whole process I just handed him a one hundred dollar bill and left. I didn’t know how much it cost, nor did I want to know. I hurried home and ran straight up the stairs into my room. My mom was in the kitchen and I didn’t want her knowing what I was up to. I couldn’t lose her respect too. Seeing as I had already lost my own. I opened up the tub and a thin layer of white dust lifted into the air, as if following the lid that I was removing. I just stared at the dust. That very dust may have well as been a foreshadowing to my impending doom. I didn’t care to read the label on the back. I just took the little scooper inside and shoveled ten scoops into my water bottle. I shook the water bottle and tried to down the whole thing at once. I could feel the liquid hate running down my throat. When I finished. I began to panic. It was too late to go back. I had set my fate in stone. What would people say? How would I explain to my family what had happened? How could I explain my gain of 50 pounds of rock hard muscle over night? My friends will think I’m on steroids! I am on steroid! No! Not steroids… Creatine. In an attempt to hide the evidence of the disgusting thing that I had done, I tossed the tub of evil out my bedroom window. A thick cloud of the wicked white dust exploded through the air and covered the side of the house. I would deal with that later. An almost animalistic urge took me over. My internal clock knew what time it was. It was time for my workout. I was walking down the stairs when I started to feel the Creatine monster stirring inside of me. When I reached the bottom, I could barely feel who I was anymore. I walked past the kitchen and my mother asked if I wanted a turkey sandwich. I didn’t have time for this ****. I had iron to pump.

“NO MOM! I DO NOT WANT ANY GOD DAMN TURKEY SANDWICHES!! SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH AND GET BACK TO WORK!” I screamed. I wasn’t me anymore. I was just a shell. A shell holding a dangerous monster. A monster forged out of fear. A monster created by anger. A monster of Creatine. I walked into the home gym that was once my garage and looked at the squat rack. I felt a sudden tingle. A tingle that was telling me to attack the weights like a beast, and give no mercy to the immense amounts of weight that I was about to move. I walked towards the black squat rack with the determination of a lion on the hunt. When I stepped inside, I caught a glimpse of this odd creature in the mirror hiding behind my squat rack. But there was something about this small, frightened creature. I knew it. I felt it. It was me. When I came to the realization of what I had become. I dropped to my knees. Crying. And with a single deafening call, I screamed,

“WHAT HAVE I DONE?????” There was no turning back. There was apologizing. There was nothing I could do but cry. I laid on the floor balling my eyes out for a good seven hours. I cried so hard I felt at time my eyes would bleed. I felt a maelstrom of emotions inside of me. Fear, anger, hate, sadness, regret. But most of all, I felt free. In those seven hours, I had realized that what I had become couldn’t be changed, but I had to live with myself, and I still had to survive. After I had dried my eyes, I stood up, opened my garage door, and stepped out into my new world. My new home. My new gym. The world was my gym, and I could do with it what I pleased. While I still held some of the pitiful and weak emotions of my former self, I also felt a new sense of being. There was no force on earth that could stop me. I looked human, but I was better. I was faster, stronger, and smarter than an average human; my ATP production could not be matched. It was as if I had limitless energy for whatever I wanted. My increased water retention made me thirsty, but it also gave me the ability to go longer without food or water. I was a survival machine. A death machine. A Creatine machine. I began to stampede the streets of my former neighborhood. I was in search of something, but I didn’t know what. It was pure instinct. It was pure emotional drive that kept me moving. After thirty minutes I found that I had traveled around twenty miles and decided to stop for directions. I had a drive. And I finally knew where I was going. It was like a light bulb in my head had lit up, burned out and exploded. I was going to 5957 Vandal Way in Boise Idaho. The address was burned into my head. It was the bodybuilding.com supplement warehouse. That would be the obvious place my brain was telling me to go. They would have enough Creatine there to last me one thousand years! With my improved speed and strength, I could get there in a couple of hours. I began sprinting towards my destination. Leaping over trucks and cars. Pummeling through buildings. I was an angel of death, and the only thing that could get in my way was the almighty god. But I doubt there was much he could even do. When I arrived to the warehouse, I waited outside the main doors. I wanted to create a plan of action. My weaker inner self was telling me to do this with the least amount of casualties as possible. I decided I would walk in and pretend I work there. If anyone asked any questions about the three hundred pound muscle monster on the assembly line, I would probably roid rage so hard there would be nothing the workers could do and the death toll would probably be over nine thousand. I took a deep breath, set my eyes in the door, and casually opened it. When I stepped through the threshold of the warehouse. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I dropped to my knees immediately. I had my face in my hands trying to hold back the crying that was about to ensue. All of the employees, all of the packers, and assembly line workers, were just like me. They were all massive monsters of men. the only explanation for which could be the same substance that transformed ME! Creatine. They welcomed me with open arms as I walked in. the place felt like a sanctuary for my kind. Finally, after all of the pain that I had endured of the last twenty four hours, I was safe. I was happy. I was home.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:56 AM #20
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnic View Post
Just like everything else in life i'm sure there are safe and unsafe ways of doing creatine, are there any accredited medical studies to show that "safely" taking creatine can still have irreversible negative effects on the body?

There no safe ways to take creatine. Its deadly and it WILL kill you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie_vlad View Post

I walked through the doors of GNC. It was the nearest GNC in San Diego, and I felt that I probably should have chosen one that wasn’t in my town. I should have gone to a place where no one would know me. I was already here, so there was no turning around. I could feel people eyeing me. It was as if they knew what I was here for. It was as if they could read my thoughts. I had a black hoodie and sunglasses on so people wouldn’t recognize me, but I had my doubts that they all bought the disguise. I approached the checkout counter and asked the clerk if he had any tubs of the C word. And he had the audacity to reply,

“Creatine?”

“Shut up! People are going to hear you!” I answered him. “Just give me the stuff”. To expedite the whole process I just handed him a one hundred dollar bill and left. I didn’t know how much it cost, nor did I want to know. I hurried home and ran straight up the stairs into my room. My mom was in the kitchen and I didn’t want her knowing what I was up to. I couldn’t lose her respect too. Seeing as I had already lost my own. I opened up the tub and a thin layer of white dust lifted into the air, as if following the lid that I was removing. I just stared at the dust. That very dust may have well as been a foreshadowing to my impending doom. I didn’t care to read the label on the back. I just took the little scooper inside and shoveled ten scoops into my water bottle. I shook the water bottle and tried to down the whole thing at once. I could feel the liquid hate running down my throat. When I finished. I began to panic. It was too late to go back. I had set my fate in stone. What would people say? How would I explain to my family what had happened? How could I explain my gain of 50 pounds of rock hard muscle over night? My friends will think I’m on steroids! I am on steroid! No! Not steroids… Creatine. In an attempt to hide the evidence of the disgusting thing that I had done, I tossed the tub of evil out my bedroom window. A thick cloud of the wicked white dust exploded through the air and covered the side of the house. I would deal with that later. An almost animalistic urge took me over. My internal clock knew what time it was. It was time for my workout. I was walking down the stairs when I started to feel the Creatine monster stirring inside of me. When I reached the bottom, I could barely feel who I was anymore. I walked past the kitchen and my mother asked if I wanted a turkey sandwich. I didn’t have time for this ****. I had iron to pump.

“NO MOM! I DO NOT WANT ANY GOD DAMN TURKEY SANDWICHES!! SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH AND GET BACK TO WORK!” I screamed. I wasn’t me anymore. I was just a shell. A shell holding a dangerous monster. A monster forged out of fear. A monster created by anger. A monster of Creatine. I walked into the home gym that was once my garage and looked at the squat rack. I felt a sudden tingle. A tingle that was telling me to attack the weights like a beast, and give no mercy to the immense amounts of weight that I was about to move. I walked towards the black squat rack with the determination of a lion on the hunt. When I stepped inside, I caught a glimpse of this odd creature in the mirror hiding behind my squat rack. But there was something about this small, frightened creature. I knew it. I felt it. It was me. When I came to the realization of what I had become. I dropped to my knees. Crying. And with a single deafening call, I screamed,

“WHAT HAVE I DONE?????” There was no turning back. There was apologizing. There was nothing I could do but cry. I laid on the floor balling my eyes out for a good seven hours. I cried so hard I felt at time my eyes would bleed. I felt a maelstrom of emotions inside of me. Fear, anger, hate, sadness, regret. But most of all, I felt free. In those seven hours, I had realized that what I had become couldn’t be changed, but I had to live with myself, and I still had to survive. After I had dried my eyes, I stood up, opened my garage door, and stepped out into my new world. My new home. My new gym. The world was my gym, and I could do with it what I pleased. While I still held some of the pitiful and weak emotions of my former self, I also felt a new sense of being. There was no force on earth that could stop me. I looked human, but I was better. I was faster, stronger, and smarter than an average human; my ATP production could not be matched. It was as if I had limitless energy for whatever I wanted. My increased water retention made me thirsty, but it also gave me the ability to go longer without food or water. I was a survival machine. A death machine. A Creatine machine. I began to stampede the streets of my former neighborhood. I was in search of something, but I didn’t know what. It was pure instinct. It was pure emotional drive that kept me moving. After thirty minutes I found that I had traveled around twenty miles and decided to stop for directions. I had a drive. And I finally knew where I was going. It was like a light bulb in my head had lit up, burned out and exploded. I was going to 5957 Vandal Way in Boise Idaho. The address was burned into my head. It was the bodybuilding.com supplement warehouse. That would be the obvious place my brain was telling me to go. They would have enough Creatine there to last me one thousand years! With my improved speed and strength, I could get there in a couple of hours. I began sprinting towards my destination. Leaping over trucks and cars. Pummeling through buildings. I was an angel of death, and the only thing that could get in my way was the almighty god. But I doubt there was much he could even do. When I arrived to the warehouse, I waited outside the main doors. I wanted to create a plan of action. My weaker inner self was telling me to do this with the least amount of casualties as possible. I decided I would walk in and pretend I work there. If anyone asked any questions about the three hundred pound muscle monster on the assembly line, I would probably roid rage so hard there would be nothing the workers could do and the death toll would probably be over nine thousand. I took a deep breath, set my eyes in the door, and casually opened it. When I stepped through the threshold of the warehouse. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I dropped to my knees immediately. I had my face in my hands trying to hold back the crying that was about to ensue. All of the employees, all of the packers, and assembly line workers, were just like me. They were all massive monsters of men. the only explanation for which could be the same substance that transformed ME! Creatine. They welcomed me with open arms as I walked in. the place felt like a sanctuary for my kind. Finally, after all of the pain that I had endured of the last twenty four hours, I was safe. I was happy. I was home.

This. Only I doubt this guy lived much longer. 10 scoops at once? Thats beyond anything I've ever heard of.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:08 AM #21
spudnic
Mojo Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie_vlad View Post

haha i dont know if serious?
Sounds & Colors