Community Focus

Old 09-02-2010, 04:50 PM #22
Bam86

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bam86 plays in the USPL
Bam86 plays in the PSP
Bam86 plays in the APPA D3 division
I see this call being made to help keep teams playing in the league. Although there were no teams for this team to play, the NPPL still wants them to be able to play if they are wanting to play. But after reading all of your posts it seems like you are making a big deal about how the D3 7man teams were disrupted by this team. But if you look at the scores:

They beat 2 teams and the team on the cusp beat the them. It doesn't matter if they were there or not. It was another team that everyone looked at that they had to beat to make it to finals.

As for the money I am pretty sure the league is doing the right thing with respects to that. Also I like what you said earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus Dei View Post
Examples:
Lower division teams do not play their Championship Final Match games on Field 1 (Grandstands field).
Lower division teams play their Championship games with secondary referees.
This is a 7man league, and if you mean that the the D3 7man teams didn't play on it. It is because we decided as a group to finish games on field 2. (The reason I say this is because you are so concerned about D3 7man earlier) As for the other events, they allow to finish as many games of divisional play on the main field. As for HB there were too many teams and it was not possible. In Chicago the webcast was down and the Field 1 was running behind so it was easier to finish games on Field 2. And at DC there was no webcast.

As for having to play with the secondary refs, yes at times it sucks but everyone is playing with the same handicap. But as for that I have seen the quality of refs increase on Field 2 through out the year.

I think that this issue has been taking a little too far here on PBN and it should have been addressed with Frank. (Which he was willing to do) I am not saying stop trying to figure this out but don't keep posting in 2 different threads that have completely different topics.
Old & New Feed Back
Bam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2010, 05:08 PM #23
Black Pat
TakeThereLife.Soul.Bhole.

Black Pat plays in the USPL
Black Pat plays in the PSP
Black Pat plays in the APPA D2 division
Black Pat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
can i get an A - MEN (AH) gotta add the ah at the end
Old 09-02-2010, 05:28 PM #24
crashoveride

crashoveride supports Cereal Killerz 2
crashoveride plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Pat View Post
can i get an A - MEN (AH) gotta add the ah at the end
crashoveride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:56 PM #25
Black Pat
TakeThereLife.Soul.Bhole.

Black Pat plays in the USPL
Black Pat plays in the PSP
Black Pat plays in the APPA D2 division
Black Pat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
just say amen to your self but add ah at the end like one word amenah but make it sound like raspy haha ill have to find a youtube video lol
Old 09-02-2010, 07:14 PM #26
RIP2010

I totally agree with you Bam86 as the Outlaws had no chance of making finals given their performance, (I know they play good but they obviously were not ready for 7man that day, we have all had bad days) but I never said they did. As for the #9 team Chicago Vipers Red, they missed finals by 1 point and if the Outlaws gave even 1 point to any team that placed above the Vipers and or took 1 point from the Vipers then you can see how they did affect the overall standings and who plays in Finals.

As for what happens on Sunday (Finals) no one can ever say because we all know that anything can happen on Sunday and even the #8 team has a chance to win it all!

The NPPL Leadership has been notified of the adverse situation and everyone on a few teams are anxiously awaiting the result.

All we ask is that as a player/team, is that if you were knocked out of finals by a team that was in it for fun (by 1 point) knowing that they were not even suppose to play your division then would you feel that you just wasted thousands of registration and travel dollars so 1 other team could feel good about making the trip. The answer is NO! That team knew they were traveling and paying the $1,450 registration money to play no one. They flashed their puppy dog eyes at someone at the desk and they said its ok, we feel bad so we will let you screw another team too!

The madness must end soon, just like this topic, and we all hope with a good result. Because, as stated before, when you play for money there is no room for feel goods!

NPPL Owners, if your reading this, know that team made the trip knowing they would not be playing anyone and paid $1,450 to register for 50 points. They should have sat in the grandstands and watched the event. But since they did not win money then their money went to 7man and that means they are all in for that division. A feel good would have been hey guys, we know you just spent all that money getting here, sorry there is no one to play, but you knew that before you left. Thanks for the money, here are your 50 points and some free VIP Grandstands wristbands to watch the Pro's with; see you in Vegas.

Night, Night! Night, Night! (A huge shout out to Todd Martinez's video - way funny)

Last edited by RIP2010 : 09-04-2010 at 07:13 PM.
RIP2010 is offline   Reply With Quote