PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-26-2010, 08:53 PM #1
Chris@NPPL
7-man At Its Best

NPPL Pro Rankings After DC Challenge

Here are the current NPPL Pro rankings! The top four teams are separated by just two points! Who's gonna win it all in Vegas?

LA Infamous - 51
Tampa Bay Damage - 50
Edmonton Impact - 49
San Diego Dynasty - 49
Oakland Blast - 39
Louis Avalanche - 32
Seattle Naughty Dogs - 31
New Port Entourage - 26
Chicago Legend - 23
Vancouver Vendetta - 22
Sacramento XSV - 20
Indianapolis Mutiny - 18
San Francisco Explicit - 12
DC Arsenal - 8

Media or Marketing Questions? Email me at Chris@NPPL.com
Chris@NPPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2010, 04:04 PM #2
paintballfaction

paintballfaction plays in the PSP
paintballfaction plays in the APPA D4 division
what about the other divisions?
2009 SPCS Division 4 Series Champions
paintballfaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:38 PM #3
NPPL Super 7
NPPL HB April 2014

The updated rankings have been posted at nppl.com
Old 08-27-2010, 10:00 PM #4
fame&fortune101 (Banned)
WWJD-Own the World

fame&fortune101 is playing at Living Legends III
fame&fortune101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
fame&fortune101 supports Team VICIOUS
fame&fortune101 is for the Gunfight
I hope TBD wins the NPPL and PSP. They're 2nd in both of them as of now so they have a really good shot.
fame&fortune101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:48 AM #5
IPaIInTbAlL IKid

IPaIInTbAlL IKid is a Supporting Member
IPaIInTbAlL IKid plays in the USPL
IPaIInTbAlL IKid plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fame&fortune101 View Post
I hope TBD wins the NPPL and PSP. They're 2nd in both of them as of now so they have a really good shot.
that would be ideal..
IPaIInTbAlL IKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:35 AM #6
paintballfaction

paintballfaction plays in the PSP
paintballfaction plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPPL Super 7 View Post
The updated rankings have been posted at nppl.com
Division 4 hasn't been updated all year.
2009 SPCS Division 4 Series Champions
paintballfaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:01 PM #7
Malleus Dei

It is time for the NPPL to change ownership or succumb to the growing number of vanishing teams!

I say this because I just learned that an insider deal was made to allow a team to earn points for a division that did not have any games. A team registered for one division, found that no teams were gonna show at that event in that division, applied their money toward another division, and played that other division; yet, earned points for something they did not play!

The NPPL needs to stop treating the non-PRO divisions like step-children and understand that the future of professional paintball will be grown from the lower division teams.
Examples:
Lower division teams do not play their Championship Final Match games on Field 1 (Grandstands field).
Lower division teams play their Championship games with secondary referees.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:47 PM #8
crashoveride

crashoveride supports Cereal Killerz 2
crashoveride plays in the APPA beginner division
Sounds like you can pay your way through lower divisions and know that you never earned a first place? So much of that is unethical and shows that NPPL just wants their money and doesn't want to grow the sport while handing out a 1st place to a team that didn't even play that division for the weekend.
crashoveride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:11 PM #9
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL
NEW ENGLAND AVALANCHE

FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is a Professional paintball player
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL works for a Paintball manufacturer
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL donated to help Peyton Trent
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is playing at Living Legends III
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is for the Gunfight
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is for the Gunfight
How would you guys feel if you paid your entry fee and booked your flights and paid for your rental car and hotel to go to a paintball event where there is no one to play against you????? Well that happened at DC and I had to make the decision on what to do. They wanted to play 5 man but there were no other teams in their division. They had 6 guys so I asked them if they would like to play 7man. They did not get any points for their placing in 7man and they were rewarded 1st place 5man points because that was the event they registered for. If anyone would like to discuss this matter with me please feel free to contact me and we can talk about it.
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:19 PM #10
Malleus Dei

The real question here is why were the D3 7-man teams disrupted by a team that played the division, took points away from other teams and possibly upset the overall standings in that division, subsequently their monetary payout, and definitely took money out of teams pockets so some D3 5-man team could just screw around in D3 7-man?

I will tell you how I fell now, I feel ripped off! I feel that the money from that team went to the overall purse for D3 7-man and that they were given points in D3 5-man for playing no one!

Fact: The MW Outlaws did not fly to DC, they drove. That team knew long before the event that they were going to play D3 7-man because we saw that they changed their registration from 5 man to 7man. So, the deal was already worked out before they ever got into the car to drive from wherever.

All that needs to be done now is that the NPPL needs to refund the entry fees for all the D3 7-man teams because points were taken away from teams in that division and the winner is now unclear.

Being a D3 7-man team owner and finding out about this sucks! I feel like I have been robbed. I don't want any team being given a consolation prize that allows them to enter our division, take points from other teams, and affect the attitudes and behaviors of the team for the event just because they didn't have anyone to play. So, if we lost to them in during the event that then affects how we play the subsequent games and ultimately affects our chances at winning money and series points.

Thanks for letting me know what was really going on before I played so I could have said give me my money back and just sit that event out.

P.S. We are contacting you about this, that is what this forum is for.

Last edited by Malleus Dei : 09-01-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:42 PM #11
Black Pat
TakeThereLife.Soul.Bhole.

Black Pat plays in the USPL
Black Pat plays in the PSP
Black Pat plays in the APPA D2 division
Black Pat has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
the only thing that should have happened differently imo is that they should have got there points towards 7 man not five man but i dont care now im glad there was another 7man team to play in the division to make the division a little bigger.

im also confused as to why your complaining i mean im guessing your a team who played them and lost or something because i dont think anyone would really be this upset about this at all. i mean its not your division so why do you care? lol
Old 09-01-2010, 07:21 PM #12
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus Dei View Post
It is time for the NPPL to change ownership or succumb to the growing number of vanishing teams!

I say this because I just learned that an insider deal was made to allow a team to earn points for a division that did not have any games. A team registered for one division, found that no teams were gonna show at that event in that division, applied their money toward another division, and played that other division; yet, earned points for something they did not play!

The NPPL needs to stop treating the non-PRO divisions like step-children and understand that the future of professional paintball will be grown from the lower division teams.
Examples:
Lower division teams do not play their Championship Final Match games on Field 1 (Grandstands field).
Lower division teams play their Championship games with secondary referees.
dude you ***** about the most miniscule things. How do you think the d1 players felt when they put their money out to play a tourny and then realized they would be getting their ***** handed to them by merging with the pros? Frank made a decision to try to make a paying team happy. i feel he made the right one. unfortunately you cant make everyone happy. i feel nppl is really trying to help ppl and i can tell you first hand they are doing EVERYTHING they can do to grow the league. sorry you are pissed about something as small as this but i hope your love of the format brings you back to vegas. kudos to nppl and ill see you all on the strip!
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:44 PM #13
quinn087

quinn087 plays in the PSP
quinn087 plays in the APPA D3 division
Or you can just do better, place higher and it doesnt matter what happens to people placing lower then you. I mean really what teams are complaining? The ones that dont make it to sunday? Have fun its F'n paintball.
quinn087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:33 PM #14
ddivine

question:
how does a team play a 7 man division and get points for another division?

I joined so I could ask this question

Last edited by ddivine : 09-01-2010 at 11:34 PM. Reason: more information
ddivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:54 PM #15
Malleus Dei

Frank is, for the most part, doing a good job keeping NPPL going. However, when it comes to this situation he made a huge mistake making a behind the scenes deal that gives a team 1st place points for doing nothing! If you do not see what is wrong with that, then you need to stay in the deadbox because you can't see whats happening right in front of your eyes.

We jumped on facebook to talk with this team and found out that this deal was done before registration closed and the NPPL misled the points leader in that division to believing that no other teams were registered besides them so there was really no reason to show up to play no one! That is what is wrong! Then the NPPL gives the points to a team that was fully registered for 7man, points in the 5man. Registration was closed so there is NO way you can show up and say, wait were registered and paid for 7man, but since no one is here for 5man and we use to be registered for it, we get the points in 5man and oh, can we play 7man and possibly take money away from some team by beating them in 7man too.

Result = bought 1st place points!

Bad call by whomever made it and it needs to get fixed before Vegas. The right call might have been to give them 25 participation points but not a full blown 50 points. What the heck is up with that?

Oh wait, another good thing would have been to say. Your money is either in 5man or 7man. So, if you play 7man then you get nothing for 5man and if you pay for 5man and play no one then you get either 25 participation points or whatever but you do not get to play 7man too! You want the 5man points, then you paid $1,450 dollars to play no one; Good job.

Last edited by Malleus Dei : 09-01-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:13 AM #16
driventohate
The One

Pretty sure when you pay your entry fee it just gets you the chance to play in the event and a fair chance to win.

Looks like the team registered and paid and no other teams did, so they win by default!

The NPPL let them play instead of not having the chance to play and staying home and still getting the 50 points.

Looks like a pretty simple call by the nppl

Golf may be a better game for you

the 25 point suggestion would just be a player (you) making up a rule. Pretty sure there is a rule against players making new rules

*edit*Looks like your team envy riegn would of had the series locked up if the nppl did not make the right call. pretty lame way to win? your team did not even play d3 7man, you have nothing to complain about, the only bad call was by you for not taking your team to dc!

Last edited by driventohate : 09-02-2010 at 12:26 AM.
driventohate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:53 AM #17
Malleus Dei

Nice post. Too bad it contradicts itself.
Ask the team that was knocked out of D3 7man finals because of the points the MW Outlaws earned playing that division. If this game was just for bragging rights then we would laugh about this by the 3rd hole of golf. However, this is for MONEY and when MONEY is involved you do not treat customers unequally.

If you pay for D3 5-man and no one shows up to play then you have a choice:
A) Play D3 5-man, which you automatically win, take your points, take your check for 20% of the 50% of registration. Simple math = $1,450*.5= $725*.2= a winnings purse of $145. A net loss of $1,305 to earn 50 points for 1st place. But that means you don't play any other team, which you knew before you left Missouri and drove to D.C., because that is when the deal was made.
B) Make a deal with the NPPL and apply your registration fee to D3 7man, earn points that upset the overall standings of that division. All the while knowing you will walk away with D3 5-man 1st place points. Since the money went to the D3 7man purse. Then the team played D3 7man and should only walk away with the points they earned by playing that division.

When one can not follow 1 white ball around 18 holes of green grass without getting lost in the woods, then one should never try to play paintball; and the same is said for posting into a conversation that is way over ones head.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:43 AM #18
Little_Jon
tiger blood in my veins

Little_Jon is playing at Living Legends III
Little_Jon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malleus Dei View Post
Ask the team that was knocked out of D3 7man finals because of the points the MW Outlaws earned playing that division.
No one is complaining in D3.. Just saying there was no team "knocked out" of finals by MW outlaws points? They took 13th... top 8 go to finals brah. If your saying just because they played in our division they knocked some team out from making it because of their points they earned ill laugh. Key word is they earned those points, they won those games.... Every team had an equal opportunity to make finals just because "said" team may have played them and lost doesn't mean its NPPL's fault for letting them play. NPPL supports the SPORT of paintball, people come to PLAY paintball. It's the said team's fault for losing their games that got them bumped out. Lol Therefore, you have no point with that statement, as far as them still getting points for 5-man there was no teams to play in there division so I don't see an issue.. And if you do play 5 man maybe you should have played that event so something like this wouldn't have occurred.

Planet Eclipse

Lehigh Valley Paintball - PA's Premiere Paintball Facility
Little_Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:40 PM #19
Malleus Dei

So your saying that if the #9 team lost to the Outlaws by 96 points and had they not played them but rather someone else and won by 96 points that they may not have had the opportunity to advance into the #8 spot.

So the Outlaws won 2 games by 96 points (96*2=192pts) now realize that the #9 team was eliminated by 1 point from finals and if they played a team that was not in that division for the points then they were "knocked out" by a team playing that division for fun. The division was not strapped for teams to make a round robin preliminary and this whole debacle did not need to happen.

Talk to the #9 team who was knocked out by 1 point and see how they feel about dropping all that money to play a team for fun!
Old 09-02-2010, 02:10 PM #20
crashoveride

crashoveride supports Cereal Killerz 2
crashoveride plays in the APPA beginner division
If I was on that Ninth Place team and found out that I was knocked out by a team playing for fun and got points in another format (being we paid for our own format) I would be livid. Not a way to run a business and ya some people say play Paintball for Fun, well NPPL is a business and they are trying to make money. Playing paintball in tourney format that includes money is a pro sport (plus there is so much more to bring in i.e sponsors) because people are winning money at the end.

The woods are for fun and when people’s hard earned money is on the line then ethical business decisions should be made.
crashoveride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:37 PM #21
Malleus Dei

Now I must say that the recreational level of both wood and speed ball should have a participate for the love of the sport attitude. However, once you start taking entry fee money that goes toward an overall cash prize, well then yes Crashoveride, business decisions must be made from all angles and sometimes you have to tell the team that drove 812 miles that either they withdraw from D3 5-man and apply their money to D3 7man or apply your money to D3 5-man, play no games and watch the tournament.

The bottom line: the NPPL made a decision to please a team that knew before they got into the car and drove those 812 miles that they were going to have no teams to play. The NPPL made the deal before the team traveled to the event and that is what continues to make this league a Shawn Walker production.