Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-18-2010, 11:41 PM #1
iLovPieNCake

Bringing back the Vibe

Now that Smart parts is bankrupt and all, seems like no one has Vibes or are making upgrades. So I wanna upgrade my friends Vibe before parts are nonexistant. He bought his Used Vibe for 65$ with a nice Proto Barrel and Brand new Shocktech ASA. What I am looking to upgrade is

Trinity Clamping Feedneck(You can get these easy)
Eyes(ION Eyes work in Blackheart Breach, Can I modify my breach for eyes ?)
Board(Blackheart would be nice but Virtue boards are easier to find but what is the BPS limit on the board ???)
QEVs(Blackheart comes with QEVs, can I get some Vibe QEVs ?)

Come on guys, bring life back into this forum.
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2010, 11:31 PM #2
Noltez
Ψ

• Clamping feedneck is easy
  • Blackheart comes with drilled breach & IR eyes. I believe Ion eyes are drop-in if you want visible ones. I recommend against them though - they attract the attention of the guy you're trying to shoot by lighting up the paintball. Ya, I'm serious. A guy with a Fly had blue ones and I could tell immediately if he was pointing at me vs. someone close to me.
  • Board options are limited to Virtue right now, BH if SP comes back to life (or you can find old stock). BH is limited to 20BPS and is recommended only with a bolt replacement. Stock bolt is good to 13-16 depending on who you ask.
  • Not 100% but I don't think the stock board can accept a QEV as the noid is soldered to the board itself, and it's physically too small a hole to install a QEV if you removed it. I also seem to remember some bolts will not function properly with a QEV via Virtue.

....▪Young Players "Making Money" FAQ
....▪General Shipping Costs Guide & FAQ
Noltez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:59 AM #3
iLovPieNCake

So, the only option you have for a vibe is to go with a Blackheart ? QEV's are a no go and it would just come out cheaper.

Is the breach the same size as an Ion breach ? I was thinking of cutting up a ION breach and welding it onto a Vibe breach. Would that be possible ? I could also remove the plastic off the body kit so the breach will allow ION feednecks.