Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 09:45 PM #1114
L_x
Alex Hodge
 
L_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Zealand
L_x works for a Paintball manufacturer
What is actually protecting the farm from zombies just roaming around it at night? I don't remeber seeing any walls or substantial fences, no way I'd be sleeeping in a tent when there's a house and barn just down the road.
__________________
[ Prototype Rotor2 FS/T $900 ]

Alex Hodge | Freelance Industrial Designer
Facebook
Portfolio
Youtube


Any posts I make are from myself as an individual and do not represent the views of the companies I design for.
L_x is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:52 PM #1115
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it
 
DyePaintballer2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Terrain eval, standby
DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia View Post
This. As soon as the fabric of society breaks down, there is no room for morality. If you disagree with that, quite frankly you're blind to the reality of the post apocalyptic world. He was jeopardizing the safety of everyone by touting off about right or wrong in that situation. Me, from my perspective now, in the world we live, yeah, killing that kid is ****ed up. But in the world the story is told, all those "rules" and guidelines that keep people in check, they're gone. I'm surprised it's taken this long to come in contact with a group like that. There are a lot of crazy mother****ers with guns that would undoubtedly lead a rag tag band of scumbags around, raping and pillaging anything they come across. Such is the reality of a world post apocalypse.

Also, the fact that he experienced all that loss, all that crazy ****, and he HASN'T changed, that is suspect to me. He's holding on too much to the world of yesterday, he won't accept his new reality and was jeopardizing everyone because of it.
He walks around camp with a rifle, so obviously he has become accustomed to the aspect of the current situation. He is always keeping watch, protecting the farm. If that doesn't say he has accepting the world, you are delusional. He knows the dangers and the sacrifices.

If everyone turns into a bad guy, then what's the point of sticking together in a group? Why didn't Rick and Shane kill Herschel and just take over the resources? That's exactly what you are implying. Why be civilized with his family? Take what you can and **** the rest. If you throw away your morals and any inclination that you wish to live a NORMAL life as you did before, you are useless to the future of humanity. Do they have to do things they wouldn't normally do? Yes. Do they have to murder as often as possible? No.

There's a reason why we have police today. Without law and order, there is no living. There's only suffering and tragedy. The writers totally disregarded Rick and Shane as former LEOs, which their training and way of life should still be in their conscious. This show isn't about "I'm alive, **** you all." It's what would happen after a post apocalyptic event. If you have any desire to rebuild society, as the farm is blatantly the basis of this connection to the show, you have to retain the dignity and morality that has superseded society for hundreds of years.
__________________
ST GDT Crew: OVER 10,000

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 10:24 PM #1116
KyIsBack
Flim Flam
 
KyIsBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Room 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
I'mma have to disagree, if there is zero morality left, then there's nothing to even live for.
How about not dying?
__________________
We Forgot
STGDTPartyBusTour2010
Twitter

POW
KyIsBack is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 PM #1117
ElPanda
CAD/CAM
 
ElPanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyIsBack View Post
How about not dying?
.
__________________

ABET Accredited Level II Machinist - CNC programmer - Mech. Engineering Technologist
Polarst*r Engineering and Machine

ElPanda is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:18 AM #1118
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar
 
MaTtBoy-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingshadow View Post
I'm thinking the farm is pretty tough to get to. The swamp along one side stops the ones coming that way, and when Herschel and Rick were looking out over his land, there was quite a bit (read miles and miles) or hills and valleys on the other side. Not sure about the other directions but there appears to be that large river and heavy woods to get in the way.
But Herschel says the swamp will freeze up, the days will be getting shorter, and cattle were able to break through a perimeter fence; so it's not that impenetrable.

But...about those "cows" breaking through his fence. I see where this is going...
__________________
"Originally posted by elTwitcho
You have taught me all I know and have made me the wise man which you see before you today MaTtBoy, Thankyou."
"Originally posted by SecretAsianMan
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
MaTtBoy-II is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:20 AM #1119
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar
 
MaTtBoy-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyIsBack View Post
How about not dying?
I would never partner up with you IRL.

I agree that it's kill or be killed, but the easiest solution isn't usually the one you should take. There's not much reason to be living if always taking the easy way out would also mean not holding onto your morality, or sanity for that matter.
__________________
"Originally posted by elTwitcho
You have taught me all I know and have made me the wise man which you see before you today MaTtBoy, Thankyou."
"Originally posted by SecretAsianMan
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
MaTtBoy-II is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 06:54 AM #1120
KyIsBack
Flim Flam
 
KyIsBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Room 502
Only an insane person would value morality more than their own life.
__________________
We Forgot
STGDTPartyBusTour2010
Twitter

POW
KyIsBack is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:16 PM #1121
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Why do you assume that the only way to survive is to have zero morality?
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:33 PM #1122
KyIsBack
Flim Flam
 
KyIsBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Room 502
Because caring about being moral will only leave you vulnerable in an apocalyptic situation.
__________________
We Forgot
STGDTPartyBusTour2010
Twitter

POW
KyIsBack is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 02:05 PM #1123
Smart Parts Player12
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Jersey
Armchair warriors would surely kill Randall with no second thought.
Smart Parts Player12 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 02:06 PM #1124
cubrickwall3636
 
 
cubrickwall3636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 513
cubrickwall3636 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cubrickwall3636 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cubrickwall3636 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_x
What is actually protecting the farm from zombies just roaming around it at night? I don't remeber seeing any walls or substantial fences, no way I'd be sleeeping in a tent when there's a house and barn just down the road.
the swamp around the farm
__________________
Life
cubrickwall3636 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 02:09 PM #1125
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
I disagree, in a group, having a little morality would make life alot more plesant, id rather be in a group like in the show than a group of barbarians pilliaging and raping like the group the kid is from
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 02:53 PM #1126
KyIsBack
Flim Flam
 
KyIsBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Room 502
I didn't say I'd be raping and pillaging. But protecting the life of someone who was shooting at you and could potentially escape and tell a group where you are (A group that has raped and pillaged, by the way) is idiotic. It is not the time for waiting for people to act before reacting. You have to be preemptive.
__________________
We Forgot
STGDTPartyBusTour2010
Twitter

POW
KyIsBack is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:09 PM #1127
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)
 
deltapaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyIsBack View Post
I didn't say I'd be raping and pillaging. But protecting the life of someone who was shooting at you and could potentially escape and tell a group where you are (A group that has raped and pillaged, by the way) is idiotic. It is not the time for waiting for people to act before reacting. You have to be preemptive.
I am going to have to agree with your argument. In a post-apocalyptic environment, there is no place to be the good guy. Society has broken down and what your left with is those that are struggling to survive. When it comes down to it, if its either "you" or "I" that will get eaten by a zombie, you bet your *** I would make sure it was "you".

If you say otherwise, you are fooling yourself.
deltapaintball is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:32 PM #1128
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar
 
MaTtBoy-II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyIsBack
I didn't say I'd be raping and pillaging. But protecting the life of someone who was shooting at you and could potentially escape and tell a group where you are (A group that has raped and pillaged, by the way) is idiotic. It is not the time for waiting for people to act before reacting. You have to be preemptive.
Id think that treating someone like Randall as a guest; with honesty, respect, care and genuine kindness from the very start - after saving his life - would give him little incentive to run away and risk his life trying to find his gang; a gang that left him for dead in the first place. The only reason Randall is a threat is because he was treated like a threat. He was treated like a threat do to the general paranoia and lack of morality the group already possesses. It's the attitude of the group that created the Randall dilemma.

You get back what you put out there; karma in a sense.
__________________
"Originally posted by elTwitcho
You have taught me all I know and have made me the wise man which you see before you today MaTtBoy, Thankyou."
"Originally posted by SecretAsianMan
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

Last edited by MaTtBoy-II : 03-06-2012 at 03:44 PM.
MaTtBoy-II is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:46 PM #1129
KyIsBack
Flim Flam
 
KyIsBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Room 502
Maybe he wouldn't have ran back to his group but it's not worth the risk. He should have been left for dead anyways. Instead they wasted bullets protecting him and medical supplies healing him.
__________________
We Forgot
STGDTPartyBusTour2010
Twitter

POW
KyIsBack is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:54 PM #1130
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyIsBack View Post
I didn't say I'd be raping and pillaging. But protecting the life of someone who was shooting at you and could potentially escape and tell a group where you are (A group that has raped and pillaged, by the way) is idiotic. It is not the time for waiting for people to act before reacting. You have to be preemptive.
I don't really see him as a threat because
1) The group he was with are travelers, because he says they are, and it's very likely that if they were settled in that area, that hershal's family and the group would've crossed paths from taking trips to town, hunting, ect.
2) The guy has a hurt leg, restricting his mobility, and if he somehow manages to escape (which is unlikely in the first place) there's no way he'd survive walkers weaponless and hurt.
3) He could be a great asset to the group, if they would've treated him like a guest, then there would be no incentive to leave. They were all strangers in the beginning btw and they trust eachother, how is he different?


My vision of survival is not just cutting away all morals and running and scavenging my whole life. I would want to get to an isolated area, easily defendable, like an island, and try to set up a self sustaining colony with my group, and after we're reasonably safe, try to set up a lifestyle as close to how things were before the outbreak as possible. That's why I wouldn't throw away all morals and humanity.
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:56 PM #1131
big_scott
Has a good personality.
 
big_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Columbus, OH
Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120

I don't really see him as a threat because
1) The group he was with are travelers, because he says they are, and it's very likely that if they were settled in that area, that hershal's family and the group would've crossed paths from taking trips to town, hunting, ect.
2) The guy has a hurt leg, restricting his mobility, and if he somehow manages to escape (which is unlikely in the first place) there's no way he'd survive walkers weaponless and hurt.
3) He could be a great asset to the group, if they would've treated him like a guest, then there would be no incentive to leave. They were all strangers in the beginning btw and they trust eachother, how is he different?

My vision of survival is not just cutting away all morals and running and scavenging my whole life. I would want to get to an isolated area, easily defendable, like an island, and try to set up a self sustaining colony with my group, and after we're reasonably safe, try to set up a lifestyle as close to how things were before the outbreak as possible. That's why I wouldn't throw away all morals and humanity.
He said his group were travelers. Pretty sure we are going to find out that he lied.
__________________
big_scott is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 04:12 PM #1132
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
He said his group were travelers. Pretty sure we are going to find out that he lied.
If they're anywhere close that a limping/weaponless teenager can get to before being mauled by walkers then Hershel's family would've crossed their path by now.

Even tho you're prolly right
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 04:16 PM #1133
BodyCount81
Jerrah
 
BodyCount81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Texas
BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
I don't think they should be treating him as a threat. But I definitely wouldn't just invite him into the group. 1. He's got a bad leg. 2. He's a local 3. If he did escape, where is he gonna go?

They should just keep a close eye on him and make him do chores and help for a little while to see how he really is.

But I'm ready for the other group to find them. I hope Darryl comes back into play more now that Dale is gone.
__________________
"Get on that fifty! Someone get on that fifty!"

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 04:34 PM #1134
Witness20
I wanna Change my Name!
 
Witness20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NE OHIO
Witness20 helped look for balloons
Witness20 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Witness20 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Witness20 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTtBoy-II View Post
Id think that treating someone like Randall as a guest; with honesty, respect, care and genuine kindness from the very start - after saving his life - would give him little incentive to run away and risk his life trying to find his gang; a gang that left him for dead in the first place. The only reason Randall is a threat is because he was treated like a threat. He was treated like a threat do to the general paranoia and lack of morality the group already possesses. It's the attitude of the group that created the Randall dilemma.

You get back what you put out there; karma in a sense.

This is the truest thing I have read on here in a few days. But I think they made it this way to show the loss of simple rationalizing skills.
Witness20 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump