Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 PM #85
Sp0rk
☜('ヮ')☜

Sp0rk helped look for balloons
Sp0rk is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Random character not from the comic.

Just like how Michael Rooker is playing some randy.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2010, 12:32 AM #86
Shrubf4
Brilliantly slow.

Shrubf4 posts videos on PbNation
Shrubf4 supports Pev's Paintball
Shrubf4 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shrubf4 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Shrubf4 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Shrubf4 is Legendary
I enjoyed the hell out of it.
It has been awhile since i've read the comics, and i think i may need to go back and check'em out.
X-Factor Fan #79
Feedback
Gear Sale = I have things you want
You must be an intellectual. Only an intellectual could say something so stupid. - George Orwell
You shot Church you teamkilling ****tard! - Tucker

Xbox Live = Shrubf04
Old 11-02-2010, 01:22 AM #87
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummy00 View Post
I just think they shouldn't have shown the helicopter. Could have just ran into them and it would have been just fine. But since they did show it now I am worried that they will do a rush on the show and screw up a beautiful thing for all of us. Like I said, there is plenty of material for the show.

edit - Love it so far also
I think the Helicopter was just to kind of show that things were abandoned. Military, Civilian, etc, in the wake of things.

Outside of that if they DID foreshadow it's simply as a fan service. To show they're thinking ahead. Not that they're going to do anything this season (you saw the "coming this season" and they didn't go anywhere NEAR the Tyrese forward storyline). They probably threw it in as a "don't worry... we are thinking ahead" fan service.

Based on the previews it looks like this season is a mix of known story + side story with getting him to his family, and it will probably end with the known "oh ****" moment prior to departing. That'll cliff hang until they head on out, and well fans know where it goes from there.

I already said I see the current storyline as 5 seasons going into 6:
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
1) Getting to his family, and getting the group organized. Ends w/ Carl shooting Shane.
2) They depart, meet Tyrese, find the "new" home, the obvious oh **** moments, farm, etc. Ends finding the Prison.

Those first 2 are pretty standard, at least I think so. The question is how they handle this portion.

Season 3 is the prison start.
The question is do you dedicate the 13 episode standard AMC season to the Prison + Woodbury or do you break it up?
I'm thinking this.

3) You start w/ the Prison and add a little bit here/there which Darbont said they will branch off here/there but always stay "on path".
Season 3 ends with them seeing the Heli go down, and thats the cliffhanger.
4) Them going off and obviously Woodsbury. Ends w/ the known battle.
5) "The Roaming" style storyline where he has his phone breakdown, and meeting up again w/ everyone. Ends finding the new town.
6) Current storyline

I think if they break down and do little branches out they can extend the current storyline (as of current issue 78) into 6 full seasons. So that gives the comic NUMEROUS seasons to flush out a new "path".

Darbont said they can, and will, branch out on the existing storyline. They will always keep moving forward with the path laid by the comics, so we wont miss anything big that happens in them, but they can expand a little bit and show more of what happened between things. With that in mind they can break down the current storyline into a lot more.

Thoughts on the above?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:10 AM #88
tater66

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
I think the Helicopter was just to kind of show that things were abandoned. Military, Civilian, etc, in the wake of things.

Outside of that if they DID foreshadow it's simply as a fan service. To show they're thinking ahead. Not that they're going to do anything this season (you saw the "coming this season" and they didn't go anywhere NEAR the Tyrese forward storyline). They probably threw it in as a "don't worry... we are thinking ahead" fan service.

Based on the previews it looks like this season is a mix of known story + side story with getting him to his family, and it will probably end with the known "oh ****" moment prior to departing. That'll cliff hang until they head on out, and well fans know where it goes from there.

I already said I see the current storyline as 5 seasons going into 6:
1) Getting to his family, and getting the group organized. Ends w/ Carl shooting Shane.
2) They depart, meet Tyrese, find the "new" home, the obvious oh **** moments, farm, etc. Ends finding the Prison.

Those first 2 are pretty standard, at least I think so. The question is how they handle this portion.

Season 3 is the prison start.
The question is do you dedicate the 13 episode standard AMC season to the Prison + Woodbury or do you break it up?
I'm thinking this.

3) You start w/ the Prison and add a little bit here/there which Darbont said they will branch off here/there but always stay "on path".
Season 3 ends with them seeing the Heli go down, and thats the cliffhanger.
4) Them going off and obviously Woodsbury. Ends w/ the known battle.
5) "The Roaming" style storyline where he has his phone breakdown, and meeting up again w/ everyone. Ends finding the new town.
6) Current storyline

I think if they break down and do little branches out they can extend the current storyline (as of current issue 78) into 6 full seasons. So that gives the comic NUMEROUS seasons to flush out a new "path".

Darbont said they can, and will, branch out on the existing storyline. They will always keep moving forward with the path laid by the comics, so we wont miss anything big that happens in them, but they can expand a little bit and show more of what happened between things. With that in mind they can break down the current storyline into a lot more.

Thoughts on the above?
Seems reasonable. This season with either end with Carl and shane incident or finding hershels farm/ the estate/ or Tyreese.

"Originally Posted by AR55
Must of been a pretty intense game if you had to wear headbands."
Old 11-02-2010, 12:26 PM #89
Rummy00

Digitard you need to go work on this show.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:09 PM #90
rawngermy
Master Baiter

wow just watched it on hulu. awesome

PAINTBALL GATEWAY
LOS ANGELES PAINTBALL COMPANY
Gearbag Sale
Old 11-07-2010, 08:56 PM #91
Saltedpeanut

Saltedpeanut is an NCPA player
Let's get this party started.

Episode 2 tonight?
Old 11-07-2010, 10:00 PM #92
Spartan58 (Banned)
Texas Swagger

fap. Dudes wife already moved on...damn.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:09 PM #93
ImP RiPpEr1988

ImP RiPpEr1988 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Ricks wife is a whore and his partner is a scum ball.

Glen is the man!
NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH
05 MacDev Cyborg
"Originally posted by TheMike: I apologize for calling you 14. So I grabbed another beer in honor of you."
"Originally posted by Renegadeee: Holy ****. I love you. :tup: Lol'd Irl for a solid 2 minutes."
Old 11-07-2010, 10:14 PM #94
tater66

Speculation on where you think they can take the dixon story line. I have one, far fetched, but I think they could tie it in.
He is going to lose his hand. This is obvious by the spilled toolbox and the hack saw. Super far fetched but Dixon winds up being the governor and in revenge takes Rick's hand, like in the comic. Speculation. Most likely wont happen but I thought it was worth sharing.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:30 PM #95
Sp0rk
☜('ヮ')☜

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater66 View Post
Speculation on where you think they can take the dixon story line. I have one, far fetched, but I think they could tie it in.
He is going to lose his hand. This is obvious by the spilled toolbox and the hack saw. Super far fetched but Dixon winds up being the governor and in revenge takes Rick's hand, like in the comic. Speculation. Most likely wont happen but I thought it was worth sharing.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:20 AM #96
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar

Glen is my new fav character.
You truly are the funniest poster on ST MaTt."
"Originally posted by SquirrelMaster
You are my master, MaTtBoy."
That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:01 AM #97
tater66

Spork, thats why i said it was far fetched haha. Just like to stir the pot some.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:52 AM #98
Sp0rk
☜('ヮ')☜

Quote:
Spork, thats why i said it was far fetched haha. Just like to stir the pot some.
I understand, but that's a damn good theory.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:06 AM #99
tater66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0rk View Post
I understand, but that's a damn good theory.
OHH haha I thought you put that face in response to how absurd it was.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:20 PM #100
PM6 Scenerio Player
Its spelled correctly!!!

New York Knicks!!

NY Yankees! 2014
Old 11-08-2010, 01:44 PM #101
BreeRockz! (Banned)
Barq's Has Bite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImP RiPpEr1988 View Post
Ricks wife is a whore and his partner is a scum ball.

Glen is the man!
I disagree with the first statement, the second I agree with but because of what he said in the first episode about women not because of him ****ing whatshername.

Agreed completely, Glenn is clearly going to be a fan favorite character. I haven't read the comics, but I would bet he will never die in the series regardless of his fate in the comic books.

Last edited by BreeRockz! : 11-08-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:42 PM #102
shark6428

shark6428 is a Paintball photographer
After seeing this, AMC now has my full attention no matter what show they decide to pick up next. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and now The Walking Dead are on my list of shows not to miss.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:08 PM #103
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
You know that is crazy far fetched... but with the little fan foreshadows they put in I don't think that's too crazy in the long run.

Far fetched... yes.
Plausable... I can see it.

Although, which you mentioned.
I don't think they'll take Rick's hand like in the comic because they have an established actor, and doing the "no hand" CG removal every episode or trying to do "view trickery" to remove it, may become a bit tedious. They may just skip that part, and modify the Governer storyline a bit
Old 11-09-2010, 06:43 AM #104
Jinjiro

My biggest complaint so far is with the zombies. I hate how they changed it from the comic.

These zombies are way faster than in the comic, almost more like Return of the Living Dead/28 Days Later/Dawn of the Dead ('04). I don't know if it changes the storyline dramatically or not, but I liked the thought of traditional, slow moving zombies. The survivors always had the option of simply outrunning them, and it was all the more suspenseful when they realized they were outnumbered & surrounded.

Second, these zombies are too intelligent & coordinated. Using a rock to break through a glass door? Climbing over a fence? These zombies are supposed to be completely brain dead and inhuman. That is a key point in the comic - that they are NOT human anymore. I feel like the line will be too gray in the show, and it changes the dynamic of the human/zombie struggle.

Other than that, I love it, though I definitely prefer the comics at this point.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:07 PM #105
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
I think the modifications were meant to make the zombies more threatening to the viewer.

Slow moving Romereo'eque Zombies are still my favorite, but I can see how they'd change it up for a TV show to make the threat feel always there. On a show where you can see the wide open spaces around them the idea of a slow moving zombie getting the jump seems less likely.

Giving them the DATD remake feel makes them feel always a threat even if at a distance to a viewer.

It shouldn't change things much as Darabont/Kirkman aren't going to modify that side of things too much IMO. They're just making it feel more of a threat when there's less of them (as making a scene with THOUSANDS of them on a screen isn't as easy as drawing the idea).
Closed Thread