digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
I'm picturing the current story as 4 seasons.

I'm leaving this VERY vague but those who have read it will see where I'm going. Trying to not spoil it.

S1 - The initial 6 episodes getting up til just past the farmhouse where they find the big place (season ends with them seeing it over a hill or something)
S2 - 13 Episodes at least and it dealing 1/2 w/ the internal stuff and then they do the Governor storyline and the obvious season finale.
S3 - More of a wandering season going from the end of S2 through the big stuff (especially the cannibals) and ends w/ them seeing the 2nd big place
S4 - Where the story is now. Starting w/ the interview and moving forward.

New issue is out (77 i think) but I haven't read it, yet.

I dunno who I want to play the Governor. I picture him as a sort of redneck, biker and sociopath. I don't picture Trejo as him at all. He's WAY too foreboding. I see him as a more dirty attack style. Maybe Thomas Jane, as mentioned earlier. I really don't know, yet.

I think the casting so far is great! Especially Dale and Andrea. Spot on casting IMHO. Not sure, yet, about Glenn but I think it's cause I picture Glenn so animated it'll be hard to judge it until I see him moving around and interacting.

http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleri...llery/rick.php

Last edited by digitard : 10-02-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2010, 01:29 AM #23
Weng

I'm so excited for to watch this show.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:03 AM #24
BMcC13
Vatican Assasin

BMcC13 helped look for balloons
BMcC13 is playing at Living Legends III
BMcC13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
BMcC13 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weng View Post
I'm so excited for to watch this show.
Is your avvy from Pan's Labyrinth?

Looking forward to this show, I hope it lasts though
Old 10-03-2010, 04:43 AM #25
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
AMC seems to stand behind their shows. Mad Men and Breaking Bad both have been HUGE for them. I think this will be just as good if they stick to the comics general feel (and don't branch off into pointless Zombie stuff).
Old 10-03-2010, 08:59 PM #26
Jinjiro

Sweet, never even heard of this until now, but I am totally getting the comics and can't wait for the show to come out.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:38 PM #27
CAHunter3
Captain America

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
(and don't branch off into pointless Zombie stuff).
I'm positive that they'll stick with the way it was supposed to be. If they wanted to make a gory or over-violent zombie series, I don't think they'd use The Walking Dead. Not to mention I think all those heading the series (the comic creator, producer, director, etc) have all said it's about the people and their relationships and surviving, not the zombies.

See here: http://link.brightcove.com/services/...d=621713586001
Old 10-04-2010, 08:02 AM #28
Jinjiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHunter3 View Post
I'm positive that they'll stick with the way it was supposed to be. If they wanted to make a gory or over-violent zombie series, I don't think they'd use The Walking Dead. Not to mention I think all those heading the series (the comic creator, producer, director, etc) have all said it's about the people and their relationships and surviving, not the zombies.

See here: http://link.brightcove.com/services/...d=621713586001
Plus all of the other shows that AMC has been extremely successful with have followed that same recipe. Mad Men is first and foremost about the relationships, not the ads. Breaking Bad is first and foremost about the characters, not the meth. This should be the same.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:24 AM #29
ChaoticReign Pbt
Invulnerable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjiro View Post
Plus all of the other shows that AMC has been extremely successful with have followed that same recipe. Mad Men is first and foremost about the relationships, not the ads. Breaking Bad is first and foremost about the characters, not the meth. This should be the same.
I expect as much. AMC has done an amazing job with their line-up so far. I expect Walking Dead to be no different.

It's a ***** following the comic now because you have to wait like a month between issues and they've always loved to end issues with semi-cliffhangers.

Toy: 2009 Kawasaki ZX-14. DD: Stock 1996 5SPD XJ.

Fitchburg State College
Old 10-05-2010, 11:36 AM #30
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
I expect the same as well. Since it's on AMC it has expectations of how it will be delivered, and I'm okay w/ the random zombie violence/hardcore scenes as long as they fit the story.

I just don't want them to go into a gorefest here/there to boost ratings.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:26 PM #31
Jinjiro

Quote:
Sweet, never even heard of this until now, but I am totally getting the comics and can't wait for the show to come out.
I posted that on Sunday. Five days. Five days to read 77 comics. Man, I have never been so hooked on something before. Absolutely love it. Can't get enough of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
I think the casting so far is great! Especially Dale and Andrea. Spot on casting IMHO. Not sure, yet, about Glenn but I think it's cause I picture Glenn so animated it'll be hard to judge it until I see him moving around and interacting.

http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleri...llery/rick.php
Casting looks great so far. I hope the kid who plays Carl turns out to be awesome. Carl's one of my favorite characters in the comic, and to have the wrong type of person playing him would suck.

Also, anyone notice how they refer to the zombies as 'walkers' in that AMC promo? Interesting, because that's what Douglas & The Community refer to them as, rather than roamers & lurkers.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:38 PM #32
chazchazchaz
Truth

chazchazchaz plays in the PSP
chazchazchaz posts videos on PbNation
chazchazchaz plays in the APPA D3 division
AMC rules period

and it wont be long now.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:38 PM #33
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
Quote:
Casting looks great so far. I hope the kid who plays Carl turns out to be awesome. Carl's one of my favorite characters in the comic, and to have the wrong type of person playing him would suck.

Also, anyone notice how they refer to the zombies as 'walkers' in that AMC promo? Interesting, because that's what Douglas & The Community refer to them as, rather than roamers & lurkers.
#1. Yeah definitely. He's not one of my favorites, but he's pivitol to the way quite a few of the characters are and putting a bad casting would ruin their motivations IMHO. He has had quite a few moments, though, where I just thought "holy crap".

#2. Yeah, but I dont think they get into the Lurkers/Roamers discussion til a bit later in the story (I'd have to re-read them again... thankfully they're all on my iPad now) so I really don't care too much. I thought they didn't name them until just after they hang @ the farm.

This is one of the few shows that, being a huge fan going into the first episode, I'm not worried about. With AMC's track record, Frank Darabont's HUGE involvement, and the promo's... I feel they have hit it RIGHT ON THE MONEY! I'm psyched. Sucks it's a 6 episode first season, but hey I'll take it as long as they give it a 13 or more second.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:36 AM #34
Weng

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMcC13 View Post
Is your avvy from Pan's Labyrinth?

Yes, yes it is.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:35 AM #35
MaTtBoy-II
ohai thar

Can't wait!
Old 10-16-2010, 12:51 AM #36
paintballonaim (Banned)
oh, the machines we are.

paintballonaim is an NCPA player
paintballonaim plays in the APPA D5 division
do you guys think it'll be gory? i mean, it's coming on cable TV and all so it can only be so bloody, right? i hope this show is as awesome as it looks/sounds. this is pretty much the only reason Halloween is cool
Old 10-16-2010, 01:31 AM #37
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
Robert Kirkman (the creator) said they will not dumb down any gore. Simply because no ratings are based on it.

Nudity and Swearing can get them in some waters, but there is no rule for gore. So they don't have to dumb it down at all.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45261
Quote:
Quint: AMC has, obviously, been very supportive, but what can you get away with on AMC, in terms of graphic language and the intensity of the violence and stuff like that?
Robert Kirkman: You know, we just had a long meeting about this. There are some language restrictions. You’re not going to be dropping the F-bomb on AMC, which is fine. It’s not like if no one ever said the “f” word in WALKING DEAD the comic book, people would miss it.

I think the best way to put it is if you have ever watched BREAKING BAD…. they push the limit in BREAKING BAD quite often. There’s severed heads on the back of turtles, there’s liquefied bodies falling through ceilings, somebody just got their head blown off recently. I don’t want to spoil anything, but there’s very graphic nasty stuff that’s on BREAKING BAD all of the time and the thing that I was very excited to learn about AMC is that there is no limitation to how much of that you can have per episode or per hour or per minute.
Quint: Really?
Robert Kirkman: Anything you have seen in BREAKING BAD we can do every minute of our show. And then also there’s a lot of things you can get away with, because they are zombies, so you will be seeing all kinds of cool stuff that you would expect to see in THE WALKING DEAD: THE TV SHOW, so while it isn’t a pay cable channel, I think that people are still going to get what they want.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:08 PM #38
Bobman7
Jewcifer

Bobman7 is a Supporting Member
Bobman7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Bobman7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bobman7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sick. Wish I had cable.
Will be watching on the interwebs.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 AM #39
JC Nor7
after hours

this looks awesome.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:36 PM #40
BreeRockz! (Banned)
Barq's Has Bite!

The first episode was leaked if anyone wants to see it early.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:56 PM #41
CAHunter3
Captain America

Yeah I literally just finished watching the first episode. It was really, really good.

I'm very excited for this series.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:58 PM #42
Sp0rk
☜('ヮ')☜

Sp0rk helped look for balloons
Sp0rk is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreeRockz! View Post
The first episode was leaked if anyone wants to see it early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAHunter3 View Post
Yeah I literally just finished watching the first episode. It was really, really good.

I'm very excited for this series.

WHERE
Closed Thread