PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 09-11-2010, 10:17 AM #43
rawhide000

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntcheck45 View Post
Higher authorities? I have the freedom of speech my good sir, the first amendment. I can say whatever I damn well please and I don't need your attempted censorship.

I apologize for what I said because it was obviously received by you guys the wrong way. You guys were nothing but friendly and hospital to us and we appreciate it. The title of our movie "land of the swindlers" was nothing but a joke because we found it funny how every single tourist related place we went to we were swindled into having to pay way more than originally discussed. We were swindled and that's the truth. It was more funny than anything. In the states we don't have terminal fees, security fees, border fees and anything like that, so it was funny to us to be charged for stuff we usually take for granted. Also no where in my post did I say we were looking for "sex slaves" nor did I say we did anything with anyone other than dance, and Heather can verify because that is the only night we even did anything with the night life... All I did was forward information that was discussed numerous times and that I found interesting and unlike anything we have ever experienced.

And I have no intention to remove or edit any of my posts.
Pls don`t edit your post, in that way people will see how ignorant,insensitive and stupid Americans kids are today. Its embarrassing, since I`m an American that every time I travel around the world, as soon as they see my passport people say "American very nasty". Your actions and your word reflect to all American especially me who travels around the world bec of my job. That kind of post puts me in danger including others as well when we travelled. Remember Sept 11,2001.Why a lot of people hate us. I wish PBRack management could have step in to stop this, but they have not step in anyway they can to stop this, as if they agree to all of this nonsense hatred comments. Again since you and your team is part of PBRack organization and its in their website video they call Philippines "Land of Swindler" we confronted the issue head on. The action of its member (PBrack) really speaks how the PBRack organization is ( lack of respect) and did nothing to stop this. Your apology is noted and forgiven but your disrespect will be remembered.

I will still boycott PBRack clothing and all its product for allowing this to happen!!!!

Last edited by rawhide000 : 09-13-2010 at 04:51 PM.
rawhide000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:27 PM #44
PBrack
PBrack.com

PBrack works for a Paintball manufacturer
The views of Jimmy Hickey and any other players playing on a pbrack sponsored team do not reflect the views of PBRack Clothing. PBRack wants to help promote international paintball.

The Philippines PALS was a once in a lifetime opportunity that me and the rest of the team had a great time at. Unfortunately Jimmy had to leave the Philippines early and didn't get to experience the same time that the rest of the team had.
PBrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:50 PM #45
stanly_bog
Stanly On The 50!!!

stanly_bog owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
stanly_bog is for the Gunfight
stanly_bog supports Sherwood Forest
stanly_bog supports our troops
Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBrack View Post
The views of Jimmy Hickey and any other players playing on a pbrack sponsored team do not reflect the views of PBRack Clothing. PBRack wants to help promote international paintball.

The Philippines PALS was a once in a lifetime opportunity that me and the rest of the team had a great time at. Unfortunately Jimmy had to leave the Philippines early and didn't get to experience the same time that the rest of the team had.

Sir,

If you say so but how come this is in your Web Site

September 7- Check out the sick vid our boy Jimmy Hickey put together from the Philippines excursion.

The Land of the Swindlers, Team USA by Pbracks trip to the Philippines from PBRack Clothing on Vimeo.

Sir,

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination
VIVA LA BUNNY
stanly_bog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:23 PM #46
rawhide000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBrack View Post

May it not be the view of PBRack Clothing, your company still has the responsibility to check action of your sponsored teams. A company that sponsors or support a certain team , should make sure that professionalism of the sponsored team is maintained at all times thats including its member or players on and off the field including internet. I know you don`t have any control on your players may say, but posting that video at your website is condoning their unprofessional action. Sure they might have been swindled or taken advantage of, who knows? , but it also happen here in the states
and in any other country.Other people will take advantage of anybody if they see an opportunity.Just dont trust anybody.Jimmy might be joking or PBRack thinks its funny... but were not laughing. The organizer spent millions of pesos,sweat and blood to make the event as successful as it is and a viral video like that just ruins it. Thanks to Jimmy and PBRack for posting the video now everybody knows about the "land Of Swindler" not PAINTBALL.

What is said is said and what is done is done. I hope it could have been different, but thats how it is.

To PALS and UPP, I salute you guys for making this happen. Global Gutz, Splatmaster,Infinity, Gotcha, TRP to name a few and others (pls forgive me if didnt mention anybody) Congrats and keep it up. Pls make Asia and Philippine Paintball a success !!!

Till next time....
Old 09-12-2010, 08:42 PM #47
-=FLiP=-[Manila3la]
G-no

-=FLiP=-[Manila3la] is a Professional paintball player
-=FLiP=-[Manila3la] plays in the USPL
-=FLiP=-[Manila3la] plays in the PSP
-=FLiP=-[Manila3la] posts videos on PbNation
i tried to post on jimmy's thread on the small talk forum, but it seems that it has been deleted. his thread on the video forum, however is still up. so i don't know which one he's going to visit so he can read my post. so i just posted on the video thread and i'll post here too in hopes that he'll read my post. but just mind that my post has nothing to do whatsoever with this prize package thing you're dealing with.

Quote:
damn. i had this post ready for your thread in the small talk forum, but it seems that it has been deleted by either you or pbnation. but since this thread is still up then i guess i can still share my two cents about why the filipinos got so offended.

"ok. i'm going to start off by saying that this post is directed toward jimmy and maybe NCONTROL since it seems like you're also on his team or at least are mature enough unlike other posts in here.

jimmy, i've always been a fan of your photography. i check your thread on the photography thread frequently. i enjoyed your pictures and video from your adventures in the Philippines. i'm glad you had fun in the philippines. it's great to see anyone from foreign countries visit the philippines in general, but even better for paintball. paintball in the philippines is tough right now so any foreign team, specially from the US, to travel there is definitely a step in the right direction.

before i start my real comment, i'd like to point out that i'm not going to blow things out of proportion. i think the main concern on this thread is just the title of your video. i didn't even notice it myself the first time i watched the video. you clearly generalize the philippines in its entirety as "the land of swindlers." that is offensive. you contradict yourself when you say you never generalize flilipinos as a whole, yet you do with this title. yes, that may be all you encountered while you were there, but that is in part your/your team's fault.

in a comment i posted on your thread in the video forum, one of my questions was "did you have a guide?" every player that travels to europe or any other country to play doesn't do so unless they know someone, or has someone that's willing to guide them around so they don't head down the wrong path. everything you encountered in the philippines can be compared to any other third world country, or can even be compared to America. almost every country has its poverty stricken areas. i wouldn't walk in the ghetto parts of new york, dc, or la by myself or with a group of friends that stuck out from the general population of the area. that's just asking to be robbed, raped, or even killed. but would anyone generalize america as the land of swindlers, rapists, pedophiles, killers, and hookers? no. of course not.

i know you didn't mean to generalize filipinos and filipino women as a whole, but again, your title for the video is the main issue because it IS a direct generalization. you have clearly insulted the filipino community with this title whether you intended to or not. just because you didn't intend to do something, doesn't mean you don't apologize when you find out you've hurt or insulted someone. that's general common courtesy. i used to live in the philippines and have been going there frequently to visit ever since i left and i'd be the first person to tell you that it's not a perfect country. but it's my country and i love it. filipinos have great pride over their country. they take great offense if anyone talked about it in a bad way. and since that pbrack was your main sponsor, and you seem to be so proud to represent the USA as a whole by naming yourselves team USA, i would think that once pbrack or any of your sponsors found out that one of their teams representing them in an international venue has insulted someone, let alone a whole culture, that they'd be quick to do whatever it takes to make things right. that's what a professional company would do if it wants to establish itself as that.

if i myself have never heard of the philippines or don't know anything about it, watched your video plus read your comment about it, all i would think of the philippines is what you present. that's how things work. you have given people a bad first impression of the philippines. you say your comment was just the truth and about what you encountered in the philipipnes, then you should also mention the good stuff, and not just the bad. you should also mention all the kindness you encountered and all the beautiful places that the philippines have to offer. like i said earlier, paintball in the philippines is tough right now, and having foreign teams attend their tournaments would definitely help out. after reading your comments i'm sure some teams would be turned off by the idea of traveling all the way out there to get robbed and such. the video although, was interesting enough that i'm sure it'd entice some interest in some teams to travel(except for that pesky title).

all in all, i don't expect you to understand where i am coming from, and don't expect you to do anything about it. this was just my two cents about this situation, and i hope that you have a better understanding on why you have pissed off some filipinos."'
INFAMOUS #20
JACKSONVILLE RAIDERS #20
VICIOUS #00

G B 2 0 D E S I G N S
PAINTBALL ADVENTURES PARK - EXALT - STYLE SUPPLY
-=FLiP=-[Manila3la] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:37 AM #48
Fierce22
Fierce 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=FLiP=-[Manila3la] View Post
i tried to post on jimmy's thread on the small talk forum, but it seems that it has been deleted. his thread on the video forum, however is still up. so i don't know which one he's going to visit so he can read my post. so i just posted on the video thread and i'll post here too in hopes that he'll read my post. but just mind that my post has nothing to do whatsoever with this prize package thing you're dealing with.
United Paintballers of the Philippines
www.titaniumsportz.com
http://www.unitedpaintballersphilippines.com
Fierce22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:39 AM #49
Fierce22
Fierce 22

Quote:
damn. i had this post ready for your thread in the small talk forum, but it seems that it has been deleted by either you or pbnation. but since this thread is still up then i guess i can still share my two cents about why the filipinos got so offended.

"ok. i'm going to start off by saying that this post is directed toward jimmy and maybe NCONTROL since it seems like you're also on his team or at least are mature enough unlike other posts in here.

jimmy, i've always been a fan of your photography. i check your thread on the photography thread frequently. i enjoyed your pictures and video from your adventures in the Philippines. i'm glad you had fun in the philippines. it's great to see anyone from foreign countries visit the philippines in general, but even better for paintball. paintball in the philippines is tough right now so any foreign team, specially from the US, to travel there is definitely a step in the right direction.

before i start my real comment, i'd like to point out that i'm not going to blow things out of proportion. i think the main concern on this thread is just the title of your video. i didn't even notice it myself the first time i watched the video. you clearly generalize the philippines in its entirety as "the land of swindlers." that is offensive. you contradict yourself when you say you never generalize flilipinos as a whole, yet you do with this title. yes, that may be all you encountered while you were there, but that is in part your/your team's fault.

in a comment i posted on your thread in the video forum, one of my questions was "did you have a guide?" every player that travels to europe or any other country to play doesn't do so unless they know someone, or has someone that's willing to guide them around so they don't head down the wrong path. everything you encountered in the philippines can be compared to any other third world country, or can even be compared to America. almost every country has its poverty stricken areas. i wouldn't walk in the ghetto parts of new york, dc, or la by myself or with a group of friends that stuck out from the general population of the area. that's just asking to be robbed, raped, or even killed. but would anyone generalize america as the land of swindlers, rapists, pedophiles, killers, and hookers? no. of course not.

i know you didn't mean to generalize filipinos and filipino women as a whole, but again, your title for the video is the main issue because it IS a direct generalization. you have clearly insulted the filipino community with this title whether you intended to or not. just because you didn't intend to do something, doesn't mean you don't apologize when you find out you've hurt or insulted someone. that's general common courtesy. i used to live in the philippines and have been going there frequently to visit ever since i left and i'd be the first person to tell you that it's not a perfect country. but it's my country and i love it. filipinos have great pride over their country. they take great offense if anyone talked about it in a bad way. and since that pbrack was your main sponsor, and you seem to be so proud to represent the USA as a whole by naming yourselves team USA, i would think that once pbrack or any of your sponsors found out that one of their teams representing them in an international venue has insulted someone, let alone a whole culture, that they'd be quick to do whatever it takes to make things right. that's what a professional company would do if it wants to establish itself as that.

if i myself have never heard of the philippines or don't know anything about it, watched your video plus read your comment about it, all i would think of the philippines is what you present. that's how things work. you have given people a bad first impression of the philippines. you say your comment was just the truth and about what you encountered in the philipipnes, then you should also mention the good stuff, and not just the bad. you should also mention all the kindness you encountered and all the beautiful places that the philippines have to offer. like i said earlier, paintball in the philippines is tough right now, and having foreign teams attend their tournaments would definitely help out. after reading your comments i'm sure some teams would be turned off by the idea of traveling all the way out there to get robbed and such. the video although, was interesting enough that i'm sure it'd entice some interest in some teams to travel(except for that pesky title).

all in all, i don't expect you to understand where i am coming from, and don't expect you to do anything about it. this was just my two cents about this situation, and i hope that you have a better understanding on why you have pissed off some filipinos."'

United Paintballers of the Philippines
www.titaniumsportz.com
http://www.unitedpaintballersphilippines.com
Fierce22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:27 AM #50
pocholo
SECRET WEAPON

pocholo supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
well said

PALS PHILIPPINES

UNITED PAINTBALLERS OF THE PHILIPPINES
pocholo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:14 PM #51
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

Annual Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
p8ntcheck45 supports our troops
Quote:
Thanks for that, I understand where you are coming from and apologize to anyone who was offended by me titling the movie "The Land of Swindlers" It was not said out of hatred or disrespect and I never meant to offend anyone with it. I have changed the title to "The Land of Happy and Friendly People", because we ran in to more happy and friendly people than we did swindlers

I would like to note that I don't think a lot of you guys responded to this incident very maturely, instead of contacting me directly and talking with me about your concerns, you went online and started an internet hate machine. Wishing I got AIDS for a comment I made? Boycotting a company due to one persons mistakes? Making blog and facebook and other website posts spreading nothing but maligning comments. What good did any of that do other than spread hate and bring on a bad reputation to your country as being a bunch of whiners? If just one of you would have contacted me directly, maturely and professionally told me what I created offended you and your people and you would like it changed I would have changed this video and my posts immediately and no one else would have been offended.

Here is the new updated video. I apologize to any Filipino people who were offended by the previous video and I hope this video is more appropriate. I added a few disclaimers whenever a potentially offending video clip is played because I didn't want anyone to get the wrong message out of the video.
p8ntcheck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:26 AM #52
Big Brother

Quote:
Thanks for that, I understand where you are coming from and apologize to anyone who was offended by me titling the movie "The Land of Swindlers" It was not said out of hatred or disrespect and I never meant to offend anyone with it. I have changed the title to "The Land of Happy and Friendly People", because we ran in to more happy and friendly people than we did swindlers

I would like to note that I don't think a lot of you guys responded to this incident very maturely, instead of contacting me directly and talking with me about your concerns, you went online and started an internet hate machine. Wishing I got AIDS for a comment I made? Boycotting a company due to one persons mistakes? Making blog and facebook and other website posts spreading nothing but maligning comments. What good did any of that do other than spread hate and bring on a bad reputation to your country as being a bunch of whiners? If just one of you would have contacted me directly, maturely and professionally told me what I created offended you and your people and you would like it changed I would have changed this video and my posts immediately and no one else would have been offended.

Here is the new updated video. I apologize to any Filipino people who were offended by the previous video and I hope this video is more appropriate. I added a few disclaimers whenever a potentially offending video clip is played because I didn't want anyone to get the wrong message out of the video.
That's the best way to do it Bro. APOLOGIES! and I admire you on that...just don't put it on APG! I understand that the title is not meant for the Filipino people. But I understand your feelings and disappoinment regarding the prizes. That's the root of all of this right. Disappoinments...I felt the same anyway, but only to particular guys not the Filipino people. I don't even get the breakdowns until now. I also want to end this topic as well...hope they will itemize the cost of items for D2 and D3. Not the $320US flashlights...plus the Egg Hoppers from tyhe paintball museum. Let's put an end to this...just simply clarfy things and evrything will be fine.

By the way you really need to apologize.

Don't worry...we are not banning the PBrock here. Because we don't have any stocks here. We don't even know the product yet. and I found the rest of your teamates good young Americans. Sincerely, keep on playing!

Move on!

Next time be careful. Filipinos are very sensitive if you will talk about Filipino Women. Just like in the US there might be some swindlers but there are more good Filipinos too!

Regards to the rest of the guys! (Hope they will agree that there are still some good guys left in the Philippines!)

Just take it easy guys...no vulgar words here...end this topic please. wag masyado matatapang sa post!

Wow! Gino...Pinoy ka pa rin! Proud of you son...I've been monitoring your facebook pics! Of couse friend ko si daddy! regards to the family. Maliit na bagay nag ugat di kasi napaliwanagan agad. I fairness to the guys...mabait yung apat na naiwan dito. Isa lang yang nagkaganyan. Nadiappointlang talaga yan kasi meron siguro pangako na di na ibigay. Pero ayos na yan. Ang topic dito Prizes.

GG'S TOP TEN PAINTBALL SITES

1.ARMY FUN CLUB/ ARMY ADVENTURE ZONE- Fort Bonifacio...2.THE JUNGLE- La Mesa Eco Park...3.GG EXTREME PARK-CCP Complex...4.CAMP HIGHLANDS-Tagaytay...5.CLARKY ADVENTURE CAMP- Holiday Inn Clark...6.ELC WARZONE-Antipolo....7.PUGAD LAWIN-Laurel Batangas...8.new SPLASH ISLAND EXTREME PARK/ SOUTHWOODS- Carmona...9. ISLAND COVE- Bacoor Cavite...new MARIKINA EXTREME PARK- Marikina...10.new JUNGLE JOE- Subic
...GLOBAL GUTZ Still # 1

Last edited by Big Brother : 09-14-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Big Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:13 PM #53
raoul45

Quote:
We would not have spent $1400 on plane tickets alone to play an event that gives razors as a prize. Razors are not going to cover our thousands of dollars in fees to get to the event. Oh you forgot the hand sanitizer, that must be where the missing money is, that stuff must have been expensive.

The PALS series was well ran, well staffed and a great event overall, but will continue to have zero influence or teams from the Western paintball scene if they continue in this manner.

I agree to my colleague in media, had they known that they will get razors instead of the posted and promised prize, nobody in his right mind will join the tournament just to get razors or flash light

Nobody inform any team and Nobody posted what will be the prizes until the awarding night organizers should stop the practice of FALSE PROMISES

Whatever is the Explanation, still you posted FALSE PROMISES
raoul45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:04 PM #54
raoul45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
CONGRATULATIONS to all winners and losers! Great Games! Wonderful Players!

Hmmm...We can stand bad reffing because its part of the game. I understand that promises are made to be broken...We can play without an Olly Lang or Dave Young Blood...we understand the airport security procedure and delays...but we can't stand prizes not given as published...people must understand that players spent a lot and it's BAD really BAD if the organizers lost on a tourney. Prizes changed (without NOTICE?) is there any explanation on this...I think there is...PALS please explain and lots of TEAMS are very disappointed...at least some got their Razors and Flash lights. You are very KIND to give IN-KIND but we spent a lot on this tourney...Our question with PALS. Is the computation of Prizes coming from PALS as well?

Hope you can explain this! Just a constructive question.

Here is what we read at UPP Thread.

Official Prizes for the UPPIC

for DIV 1 (min of 20 teams)

Champion = Trophy+$5,000 worth of cash and prizes
2nd Place = Trophy+$2,500 worth of cash and prizes
3rd place = Trophy+$1,000 worth of cash and prizes

for DIV 2 (min of 20 teams)

Champion = Trophy+$3,000 worth of cash and prizes
2nd place = Trophy+$1,500 worth of cash and prizes
3rd place = Trophy+$800 worth of cash and prizes

for DIV 3 (min of 15 teams)

Champion = Trophy+$2,000 worth of cash and prizes
2nd place = Trophy+$1,000 worth of cash and prizes
3rd place = Trophy+$500 worth of cash and prizes

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE SEE YOU ALL IN AUGUST AND LET'S EAT SOME BALUT!!!!!!!
http://www.unitedpaintballersphilippines.com/
bite me!
GRAPES

May we know the Final PRIZES (amount of money and goods) received by winning teams? Please have it posted here. Just curiuos...we need clarification.

I think PALS need to explain this (PRIZES) carefully...the Tournament are sunctioned by PALS...you are morally oblige to give your side. Its a PALS Series. The number of TEAMS, RULES and PRIZES depends on you guys and I think are dictated by your group. Am I right? Please correct me if Im wrong and the only person who read post...are the Flashlights and razors cost that much? How much are they worth?

We are now collecting the amount of Prizes won by different Teams. We just want to know or maybe we can understand the organizers side as well. A lot of explaining to do from PALS...this will discourage lots of TEAMS to participate in the future series. I think it never happens in Malaysia right?

NO ANSWER might mean a lot.

How much did you get TOM?

CONGRATULATIONS TEAM USA! JOB WELL DONE! ORGANIZERS!

NOTE: Organizers...did you notice that PALS is promoting the WORLD CUP 2010 in the middle of your promotions? Did they encourage more teams to participate in this tourney? Did you know that AUGUST is RAMADAN for our Muslim Brothers and GHOST MONTH for Chinese? It's a good tourney. But it will make a difference if only PALS encourage more teams to participate in the( WORLD CUP ASIA 2010)...oh sorry I mean the Manila Leg. Hope promotion of the series is one at a time...did Pattaya got more TEAMS than us?

POST EVALUATION: Lack of Support from PALS in terms of PROMOTION.
Wrong assignment of MONTH (AUGUST) (GHOST MONTH for Chinese and RAMADAN for our Muslim Brothers)...so what do you think we need to expect...poor turnout! By the way who gave us the August?
We are just lucky it didn't rain miuch...next time not rainy season.
Treat your Sponsors Fair and with encouragement
Investors must get all their investment (until the last centavo) and at least earn a little
Never Promise Things that you can't deliver. UNDER PROMISE...OVER DELIVER
Give baluts as promised...I fail to send some as well
Over all! Job well done! You made ir happen!

Sir Sonny Additional Comment

PALs should ask explanation from UPPIC as to why playing organizers berated the referees (Local & Foreign) in front of the public and participants

During the Finals, 1st game, GG 3 defeated the team of UPPIC (splatmaster), right after the 1st game on our way out of the field, a player of splatmaster berated in public and full view of other players the referees for an alleged bad officiating

The player was shouting on top of his voice that people on the field momentarily paused and watched how the referees was berated

And from there on, unfortunately officiating turned against us, I've joined and organized many international and local events and it is my first time to see an event where organizers are also players intimidating and berating the UPPIC- PALS referee in full view of the public

For DELICADEZA purpose, I make it a point that I never participate as a player if I am an organizer nor will i berate or intimidate referees in full view of the public just to pleased my personal interest

And in all my events that i organized, I make it a point that all posted or promised prizes must be awarded regardless of how or what was the outcome of financial contribution

Paintball is a game played by HONEST people, we should not allow excuses or alibi for FAILURE TO BE RESPONSIBLE or FALSE PROMISES
raoul45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:31 PM #55
udflyer2

Wow this is crazy. My best friends are filipino and moved to the US from there. Ive been back with him to visit his family and they are the nicest people Ive ever met. All of the people in this thread mad at p8 are possibly the dumbest people Ive ever met on the internet. Ive never met p8 but everything he is saying can be said about most countries. Hell you can say it about our country if youd like, we dont care because we know its true everywhere. And dont both replying back to this cause I wont read it.
udflyer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:21 AM #56
jadryga
Amber Wong, PALS

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul45 View Post
Sir Sonny Additional Comment

PALs should ask explanation from UPPIC as to why playing organizers berated the referees (Local & Foreign) in front of the public and participants

During the Finals, 1st game, GG 3 defeated the team of UPPIC (splatmaster), right after the 1st game on our way out of the field, a player of splatmaster berated in public and full view of other players the referees for an alleged bad officiating

The player was shouting on top of his voice that people on the field momentarily paused and watched how the referees was berated

And from there on, unfortunately officiating turned against us, I've joined and organized many international and local events and it is my first time to see an event where organizers are also players intimidating and berating the UPPIC- PALS referee in full view of the public

For DELICADEZA purpose, I make it a point that I never participate as a player if I am an organizer nor will i berate or intimidate referees in full view of the public just to pleased my personal interest

And in all my events that i organized, I make it a point that all posted or promised prizes must be awarded regardless of how or what was the outcome of financial contribution

Paintball is a game played by HONEST people, we should not allow excuses or alibi for FAILURE TO BE RESPONSIBLE or FALSE PROMISES
I believe that is an internal matter between the UPPIC and their flagship teams. PALS is a non-profit guiding body. We offer guidance, we do not dictate how the tournament should be run, and we will not interfere unnecessarily in internal affairs.

In every country you will have players who will berate marshals. This is nothing new, though you are right in the sense that since this team includes organizers, they should take special care set a good example for other teams. I'm sure the UPPIC has taken note, and will take steps to ensure this does not happen again.

As a first tournament, the UPPIC inevitably has its flaws, but I'm sure that they will appreciate any support and guidance that you as a fellow organizer can provide them for future tournaments.

The miscommunication about the prizes has more or less already been resolved, please read the earlier posts.

Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/rampedmagazine

Last edited by jadryga : 09-15-2010 at 01:26 AM.
jadryga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:27 AM #57
Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadryga View Post
I believe that is an internal matter between the UPPIC and their flagship teams. PALS is a non-profit guiding body. We offer guidance, we do not dictate how the tournament should be run, and we will not interfere unnecessarily in internal affairs.

In every country you will have players who will berate marshals. This is nothing new, though you are right in the sense that since this team includes organizers, they should take special care set a good example for other teams. I'm sure the UPPIC has taken note, and will take steps to ensure this does not happen again.

As a first tournament, the UPPIC inevitably has its flaws, but I'm sure that they will appreciate any support and guidance that you as a fellow organizer can provide them for future tournaments.

The miscommunication about the prizes has more or less already been resolved, please read the earlier posts.
What we are asking is the amount given to all winners. Breakdown of prizes amount of goodies for all Divisions. How they computed the prizes as well. This will clear everything. So I think PALS have nothing to this with this since this is internal to UPPIC.

Resolved where? please direct me to that post. I might need some glasses sorry.

Raoul 45. Thanks for the assistance at the airport...if without you the players will be stocked at the airport. The items shipped are all with commercial value and highly taxable.

1.ARMY FUN CLUB/ ARMY ADVENTURE ZONE- Fort Bonifacio...2.THE JUNGLE- La Mesa Eco Park...3.GG EXTREME PARK-CCP Complex...4.CAMP HIGHLANDS-Tagaytay...5.CLARKY ADVENTURE CAMP- Holiday Inn Clark...6.ELC WARZONE-Antipolo....7.PUGAD LAWIN-Laurel Batangas...8.new SPLASH ISLAND EXTREME PARK/ SOUTHWOODS- Carmona...9. ISLAND COVE- Bacoor Cavite...new MARIKINA EXTREME PARK- Marikina...10.new JUNGLE JOE- Subic
...GLOBAL GUTZ Still # 1
Old 09-15-2010, 10:44 PM #58
blackhawk2585

Quote:
What we are asking is the amount given to all winners. Breakdown of prizes amount of goodies for all Divisions. How they computed the prizes as well. This will clear everything. So I think PALS have nothing to this with this since this is internal to UPPIC.

Resolved where? please direct me to that post. I might need some glasses sorry.

Raoul 45. Thanks for the assistance at the airport...if without you the players will be stocked at the airport. The items shipped are all with commercial value and highly taxable.
Big bro is corect..kung hindi paliwanag ng organisers yon prizes panu kayo makakahikayat ng players na taga labas ng pilipinas.. pakinggan nila dapt si big bro ang laki din naman tinulong nun tao sa organiser kaya nga panay pasalamat nila dun kay big bro.. tapos ngaun binabalewala nila yon tao?

sabi ni raoul 45 pati organiser sinisigawan yon marshal? siguro ang naglaro team nun organiser? opinion lang po.

tumulong pa naman sa organiser yon si raoul 45 sa airport sa mga banyagang players.. sayang naman

dapat nga magpasalamat pa yon organiser kay big bro at kay raoul 45..

bakit hindi po sagutin ng organiser yon tanong nun big bro?bakit hindi sagutin nun organiser un sabi ni raoul 45 na may organiser na sinisigawan yon marshal ? totoo ba?

mas maganda siguro mag patentero nalang kayo? jejejeje
blackhawk2585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:59 PM #59
ras_almightyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk2585 View Post
Big bro is corect..kung hindi paliwanag ng organisers yon prizes panu kayo makakahikayat ng players na taga labas ng pilipinas.. pakinggan nila dapt si big bro ang laki din naman tinulong nun tao sa organiser kaya nga panay pasalamat nila dun kay big bro.. tapos ngaun binabalewala nila yon tao?

sabi ni raoul 45 pati organiser sinisigawan yon marshal? siguro ang naglaro team nun organiser? opinion lang po.

tumulong pa naman sa organiser yon si raoul 45 sa airport sa mga banyagang players.. sayang naman

dapat nga magpasalamat pa yon organiser kay big bro at kay raoul 45..

bakit hindi po sagutin ng organiser yon tanong nun big bro?bakit hindi sagutin nun organiser un sabi ni raoul 45 na may organiser na sinisigawan yon marshal ? totoo ba?

mas maganda siguro mag patentero nalang kayo? jejejeje
English please.. so everyone can understand what you are saying.. Salamat po

Mighty Mouse

SplatMasters #17
UNITED PAINTBALLERS OF THE PHILIPPINES
Respect cannot be grabbed It can only be Earned!!
watdapak are you doing sirs?
ras_almightyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:05 AM #60
blackhawk2585

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras_almightyz View Post
English please.. so everyone can understand what you are saying.. Salamat po
bos sorri di masyado marunung mag english..taga mindanao lang po ako mahina sa english..nanuod lang ako nun sa clark may nagbigay neto panu magkaibigan sa paintball..natuwa ako ganda ang laro..

gusto ko sana lagay na lugar samin may lupa kami sa mindanao laro mga tauhan ko dun.

siguro yon mga kababayan ko na pilipino maintindihan sinbabi ko..di bale na yung mga dayuhan hinde ako interesado.

nagbasa lang ako deto kasi yon sabi nun kausap ko deto daw magbasa pag gusto ko maglaro..nagbigay lang ng opinion sa nabasa ko bos..

maraming salamat.. para kay ALLAH...
blackhawk2585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:39 AM #61
rawhide000

Its interesting that this is not over yet. I hope somebody could explain this, cause if nobody will, this will not stop at all. I tried to understand the prize structure and figure out this.

"Official Prizes for the UPPIC"

I copied paste this. The minimum teams in each div were not meet. So to expect a full amount of prize to win in a tourney that has less than minimum teams is non sense. Here in the US we know that once the minimum teams were not meet we expect the prizes to go down. The organizer here explained why the prizes go down. So we decide if we play or not. My team dont expect a big pay when we play tourney. When we win its our BRAGGING RIGHTS that we win. We dont play bec of money, because we spent more money by just practicing and buying stuff. But still the event manager has explain to us why prizes was not as written.

Players is just humans with emotion. Frustration is a defense mechanism that humans show when they cant get what they want. So when my player get berserk in the field, I let them vent it out and when his done I bench his butt down. Again I don`t tolerate a player disrespecting another player or ref. but then again we are only human. We need to control our emotion.

As much as possible when we organize a tourney my team dont play. Just to avoid any talks. But this case is diff, there aint enough team to play. So no choice there but to put in the organizer team just to get the show on the road. I dont think they won.

Again this is an attempt to clarify the issue, I hope somebody could explain in a more detailed why this happen.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:36 AM #62
Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawhide000 View Post
Its interesting that this is not over yet. I hope somebody could explain this, cause if nobody will, this will not stop at all. I tried to understand the prize structure and figure out this.

"Official Prizes for the UPPIC"

I copied paste this. The minimum teams in each div were not meet. So to expect a full amount of prize to win in a tourney that has less than minimum teams is non sense. Here in the US we know that once the minimum teams were not meet we expect the prizes to go down. The organizer here explained why the prizes go down. So we decide if we play or not. My team dont expect a big pay when we play tourney. When we win its our BRAGGING RIGHTS that we win. We dont play bec of money, because we spent more money by just practicing and buying stuff. But still the event manager has explain to us why prizes was not as written.

Players is just humans with emotion. Frustration is a defense mechanism that humans show when they cant get what they want. So when my player get berserk in the field, I let them vent it out and when his done I bench his butt down. Again I don`t tolerate a player disrespecting another player or ref. but then again we are only human. We need to control our emotion.

As much as possible when we organize a tourney my team dont play. Just to avoid any talks. But this case is diff, there aint enough team to play. So no choice there but to put in the organizer team just to get the show on the road. I dont think they won.

Again this is an attempt to clarify the issue, I hope somebody could explain in a more detailed why this happen.
So who is to blame the players, the organizers or _ _ _ _ for a low turn out.

We dont expect to receive all of what they promise now. We understand the low turn out. But please put the amount that other teams have received, the in kind etc. I think everyone who participated have the right to know to redeem the organizers

Why do you need to hide this?

Nothing is resolved yet...why? we are not expecting get more? We just want to be Clarified.

This wrong doing might be a start of a real serious problem if not resolved.

...GLOBAL GUTZ Still # 1
Old 09-16-2010, 08:11 AM #63
rawhide000

Quote:
So who is to blame the players, the organizers or _ _ _ _ for a low turn out.

We dont expect to receive all of what they promise now. We understand the low turn out. But please put the amount that other teams have received, the in kind etc. I think everyone who participated have the right to know to redeem the organizers

Why do you need to hide this?

Nothing is resolved yet...why? we are not expecting get more? We just want to be Clarified.

This wrong doing might be a start of a real serious problem if not resolved.
Who`s to blame? Look around you and tell your self who`s to blame. PALS and UPPIC did all they can. What are you looking for?

Yes making treats like that is really not gonna resolved this. It seems that you are not satisfied on the explanation of the organizers either via email or pm. That is what it is period, you been explained, emailed and PM. All I can say is stop this, the prizes that other team received is not of your concern. They might have received less they might have received more. Who knows. Mind your own business.

If you think that its not good enough to send a team to play UPPIC and PALS, then dont. Bring your team here in the US to play. Here prizes are given as it should, unless its a low turn out.

Stop it! Global Gutz and you did a good job in helping the UPPIC tourney. Im pretty sure they thank you for that. Lets stop this and move on.
ReplyRegional Ups