see you all next year at DofN

Always Play Like Everyone Is Watching
><> Blowfish Paintball<><
Stockplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2010, 11:36 PM #23
kingofbeer62

Has anybody posting in this thread ever been in the armed forces and actually been in battle? This is paintball., not real life and death stuff. If you cant take a paintball or paintballs at close range you should try airsoft guns. I havent been in the armed forces but i have had hundreds of paintballs hit me and I never complained or felt like my health was in danger. All you lawyer types feel free to reply.
kingofbeer62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:46 PM #24
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockplayer View Post
Did not even do that.
devils advocate here..

as per your prior post...

2. Players may NOT approach ANY tank, insert a marker barrel into an opening and shoot the occupants. You will be ejected from the field no exceptions

wouldnt a PUG constitute as ANYtank?

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:08 AM #25
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofbeer62 View Post
Has anybody posting in this thread ever been in the armed forces and actually been in battle? This is paintball., not real life and death stuff. If you cant take a paintball or paintballs at close range you should try airsoft guns. I havent been in the armed forces but i have had hundreds of paintballs hit me and I never complained or felt like my health was in danger. All you lawyer types feel free to reply.
You,myself,others whoever... May never have felt like our health or possibly our lives were in danger while playing paintball but I can give you a pretty good guess as to why that may be..

RULES! given by any field we choose to play at..
Rules are in place to keep us safe,maybe not becuase something bad has happend in the past but to keep it from happening in the future.

Think about it. if even fraction of the people who come out to play and do things wrong (as o.p had done) later ***** piss and moan when they get hurt or do something to hurt somene else or get them tossed from a field all say the same thing.. I didnt know/read the rules.. Pleading ignorance on safety is no excuse or reason to loosen rules most people already have a hard enough time comprehending.

And compairing paintball to actual battle is laughable.. these guys are trained weeks if not months on end to understand that their actions can/will and do get them or others killed.. This light hearted additude that they are "ONLY" paintballs has resulted in morons who didnt care enough to pay attention to the rules thinking they are invincible and taking their goggles off while being shot at by 10+ other poeople is ok..

rewarded for ignorance..wtf..lol

Old 08-25-2010, 12:56 AM #26
Stockplayer

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
devils advocate here..

as per your prior post...

2. Players may NOT approach ANY tank, insert a marker barrel into an opening and shoot the occupants. You will be ejected from the field no exceptions

wouldnt a PUG constitute as ANYtank?
Back to English 101

The comma after the word tank means the sentence is not over dude......

Translation

Someone can not walk up to a tank AND stick their barrel into an opening while firing at the people inside.

But you can walk up to a tank!

I forgot to mention the four people I shot using the tank for cover. They were within 20 feet. Why were they allowed to be within 20 feet of it?

After shooting the four people using the tank for cover, the tank passed my building, I then walked up, opened a felt curtain, saw my targets and safely delivered two paintball (1 for each) low on the body to prevent any serious injury.

Maybe I should have jumped into the tank, and commandeered it.

there is always next year!

Old 08-25-2010, 06:58 AM #27
CNCRouterman

Stockplayer,
Come on, these rule sets are already getting too lawyer-eze like as it is. As has been pointed out already, walking tanks are excluded from the distance buffer rule, but the exclusion stated that the other rules did apply, therefore, if you eliminate the condition that does not apply, you are left with two remaining prohibitions of sticking the marker through an opening and firing upon occupants. The rule obviously was intended to prevent actions such as those you originally opened this thread with. "Opening the curtain then firing low" (or similar wordage) intends to imply a level of courtesy to the targets, and even if your marker never broke the plane of the tanks surface, it still blatantly violated the intent of the rule.

It really does not matter if observers on the sidelines thought you pulled a "cool move", you failed to meet your obligations as a player at least twice; Failed to read and understand the rules, and violated one or more rules regarding engaging a walking tank.

The third error I see is taking your case to a "jury of your peers" in hopes of exoneration and not "man-ing" up to acknowledge your lapse in judgment when that "jury" does NOT exonerate you.

You are clearly articulate enough to intelligently present a case for your position, I can respect that. Now, accept your "judgment" graciously and move on. Otherwise I think a serious "Gibbs slap" is in order.

TWA 2341: "Center, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here?"

Tower: "Sir, have you ever heard the noise a 747 makes when it hits a 727?"

Last edited by CNCRouterman : 08-25-2010 at 07:00 AM.
CNCRouterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:28 AM #28
Stockplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCRouterman View Post
Stockplayer,
Come on, these rule sets are already getting too lawyer-eze like as it is. As has been pointed out already, walking tanks are excluded from the distance buffer rule, but the exclusion stated that the other rules did apply, therefore, if you eliminate the condition that does not apply, you are left with two remaining prohibitions of sticking the marker through an opening and firing upon occupants. The rule obviously was intended to prevent actions such as those you originally opened this thread with. "Opening the curtain then firing low" (or similar wordage) intends to imply a level of courtesy to the targets, and even if your marker never broke the plane of the tanks surface, it still blatantly violated the intent of the rule.

It really does not matter if observers on the sidelines thought you pulled a "cool move", you failed to meet your obligations as a player at least twice; Failed to read and understand the rules, and violated one or more rules regarding engaging a walking tank.

The third error I see is taking your case to a "jury of your peers" in hopes of exoneration and not "man-ing" up to acknowledge your lapse in judgment when that "jury" does NOT exonerate you.

You are clearly articulate enough to intelligently present a case for your position, I can respect that. Now, accept your "judgment" graciously and move on. Otherwise I think a serious "Gibbs slap" is in order.

Why don't the rules simply state that no player is allowed within 20 feet of all tanks?....That would shut me up.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:42 AM #29
noclue119
D3 to D4 in.... never

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 supports Team VICIOUS
noclue119 plays in the APPA D3 division
noclue119 supports Empire
Quote:
Why don't the rules simply state that no player is allowed within 20 feet of all tanks?....That would shut me up.
You might want a sure shot on the tank so you want to get closer. Also you might want a place a satchel charge charge.

I applaud you for the effort. However, the reason why rules are there is because someone properly got hurt before the exact same way. Thus the rules were implemented. Again not going to flame you just want to you think about the the what-if's.
noclue119 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:06 PM #30
Stockplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
You might want a sure shot on the tank so you want to get closer. Also you might want a place a satchel charge charge.

I applaud you for the effort. However, the reason why rules are there is because someone properly got hurt before the exact same way. Thus the rules were implemented. Again not going to flame you just want to you think about the the what-if's.

Good point

What if some kid saw the move and tried to duplicate it with his new birthday present (a ramping DM8). Things could have been ugly.

now there is an argument!

the experienced players need to set examples for the younger (or older dumb) players.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:19 PM #31
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Back to English 101

The comma after the word tank means the sentence is not over dude......

Translation

Someone can not walk up to a tank AND stick their barrel into an opening while firing at the people inside.

But you can walk up to a tank!

I forgot to mention the four people I shot using the tank for cover. They were within 20 feet. Why were they allowed to be within 20 feet of it?

After shooting the four people using the tank for cover, the tank passed my building, I then walked up, opened a felt curtain, saw my targets and safely delivered two paintball (1 for each) low on the body to prevent any serious injury.

Maybe I should have jumped into the tank, and commandeered it.

there is always next year!
I love how the story keeps evolving everytime you tell it.It must be a blast living in that little world of yours.

case and point, youre still *****ing about whatever rules YOU FAILED to even read,give up and face the facts.

as far as this little nugget of laughs
"Maybe I should have jumped into the tank, and commandeered it.

there is always next year"

Pleeeeease for the love of god and all that is holy make sure someone is taking video of it, Id love to see the occupents beating your *** after trying such a bull**** stunt.lol

Old 08-25-2010, 04:23 PM #32
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
what should shut you up is your ignorance towards the rules.

why ***** about how rules are worded when you have already said you dont read them anyway?

but seriously..stfu,youre not getting anywhere.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:32 PM #33
Stockplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoX13 View Post
what should shut you up is your ignorance towards the rules.

why ***** about how rules are worded when you have already said you dont read them anyway?

but seriously..stfu,youre not getting anywhere.
Sorry about the English 101 remark.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:08 PM #34
Isharfoxat

anyway... let's suppose someone throwing a grenade... and that grenade gets INSIDE the tank (the guy may be a top thrower or have luck, or maybe the Force is with him and he threw the 'nade just in the only hole being on the tank)....

how would a marshall react?
Isharfoxat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:26 PM #35
Abnmp78

Several things- a comma is a contiuation of a sentance. If they wanted a and there it would have been used. A comma is you can't come within 20' of a tank also can't fire inside the tank.
For you what ifers if a paintball finds a opening and goes in then so be it.
Now the rule is there for safety. If you approach a tank and fall you may be run over, unlikely but it happens. Also grabbing a tank can result in getting caught on it and pulled down. Twenty feet is a buffer zone. No ref is counting ahh he's 19'. They use safety as a guide.
Also all fields have a min engagement distance. I bet opening the curtain and firing you were within that distance. If you tried to surrender them ibwould say nice try, but still out.
I have a .68 inch scar on my arm from a nob who didn't get the surrender rule. So yeah it hurt and sucks. And I served 26 years in the army with 3 tours in a combat zone. Def less than a bullet but this is for fun and must be safe.
Abnmp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:02 PM #36
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Tanking rules!

Stockplayer, In my previous post I used myself as an example of what happens to a person when players get to close to a tank and lights them up inside. I have made the necessary adjustments now to my tank and my crew so that wont happen again. Players in a tank are apart of the tank and cannot be killed by paintballs unless specified by a game director. They officially die when the tank is killed in the game by a designated device as stated in the field rules. I would say the fields I play on here in the east coast all basically have the same playing rules regarding distances from tanks. You and others must know that there is no national standards in writing for tanks that all fields adhere to. There are many posts like on this site that has tank rules and regs. But fields are aware of the many rules and not all of them go by the same rules. Thats why its a good idea for all players that show up at a game where tanks are playing to find out what the engagement rules are for that field. You mentioned you went after the tank because other players were using it for cover. Thats a good play but players even on the same side of a tank cannot get within 10 ft or so of the tank or basically use it for cover. Unless one player is sending a communication to a tank. Tank Refs are suppose to watch for that. When I played at the Westpoint NY game back in March they had a arm length rule and not a 10 ft rule. My crew and I were not use to players getting that close to us. Plus everyone that could shot fully auto and things got real ugly at close range with numerous players shooting. The bottom line is us tankers basically know the rules for each field because we normally have pre-game meetings with the game director. The problem is the players dont read all the rules and thus in some case play in a manner that chooses them. So I would say to you and any player its not a real good idea to shoot or go into a tank. If everyone understood and read the rules prior a game we would not have problems like this. The idea of shooting the crew and taking the tank over would never happen. I have heard of games where in special cases where tanks can be captured in some manner and forced to shoot back onto their own troops for a period of time. But this would have to be agreed prior game time by the side Generals, XO's, and tankers. Please continue to be an aggressive player but follow the rules.

I know whats it like to get shot at point blank range before I became a tanker. The very first time I played I got hit with a stray shot to the face. I played in many tournys, nite play, inside buildings, bunkers, etc over the past 25 years. Even got shot numerous times by friendly fire. (Still have not forgave you guys for that). I shot a guy once in a game in SC who was a Team Captain in the chest 5 times at point blank range when he came thru a door I was guarding of a building I and another player were holding. I actually felt bad about it and went to him after the game and apologized. But he wasnt mad at me because I shot him that close. He was more mad because I shot him with a Rapid Splatmaster. My other gun had went down and I used this gun at the time for a backup. He also indicated he was upset at his team member for indicating all was clear and he could go thru the door. They were wrong!

Treaddz
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:49 AM #37
JESTERTLS

Okay, after reading his post, this does not qualify as tank storming. He was outside the distance rule, and the tankers had the door open... I can see a potential danger if it was a powered tank but tankers are suppose to have the drivers area, secured from out side attack.

I had my head sticking up out of the hatch last game, and someone peppered the top of my head. I was the driver so it didnt count and its said not to shoot at the driver, but it was a good lesson for me to scrunch down a couple inches. We play where an exposed gunner/crew is able to be eleminated. They get hit they have to hoof it to the DZ or sit int he tank for fifteen minutes with out shooting.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:50 PM #38
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESTERTLS View Post
Okay, after reading his post, this does not qualify as tank storming. He was outside the distance rule, and the tankers had the door open... I can see a potential danger if it was a powered tank but tankers are suppose to have the drivers area, secured from out side attack.

I had my head sticking up out of the hatch last game, and someone peppered the top of my head. I was the driver so it didnt count and its said not to shoot at the driver, but it was a good lesson for me to scrunch down a couple inches. We play where an exposed gunner/crew is able to be eleminated. They get hit they have to hoof it to the DZ or sit int he tank for fifteen minutes with out shooting.
"I snuck up on a tank open the back curtain "

he may not have actully done really crazy stuff but he did admit to opening the curtian himself... so still touching a tank to shoot inside of it being powered or not I still think would be a big no no..

Old 08-27-2010, 09:23 AM #39
JESTERTLS

Okay, good point, there is indeed more then one story that was told wasnt it.

So first post, yes it was tank storming and he should be tossed in a barrel full of tacks and rolled down a hill. If the other stories are accurate then no, no tank storming.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:14 PM #40
Stockplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESTERTLS View Post
Okay, good point, there is indeed more then one story that was told wasnt it.

So first post, yes it was tank storming and he should be tossed in a barrel full of tacks and rolled down a hill. If the other stories are accurate then no, no tank storming.
How did the story change?

The only thing I added was the fact that I shot four guys using the tank as cover. I did not think it was important until you all started crying. The main story never changed.......I think some people read the first few posts and than add their comment to the end.

No contradictions here, just low comprehension on the parts of readers.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:27 PM #41
Javirus Breaker

stock i can appreciate misunderstanding the rules, happens to everyone, i just think celebrating it as some incredible move is a little misguided, especially now that you realize it was a violation. if i take a basketball and run to the end of the court, weaving through the other team like i was a football player, and ending with dunk, sure it would looks great, but to celebrate it would be nonsense since i broke a basic rule in the sport. the example may be a little shakey, but the idea is still the same, and ignorance and misinterpretation of any law is not an excuse. again, your tellin the story as it really happened (which i am assuming you are) seems like you were very professional in how you executed it (one balling, etc) but you have to remember that the people who saw you do it, who may never see this forum, may now think this is ok, and they may not be as professional about it. this sport/hobby is chock full of self proclaimed rambos who take advantage of the fact that a paintball will not kill you, and unleash full auto into a tank, because hey, even if i get out i can go back to my friends and look like a badass. i played ION a couple years ago, and when i first inserted as an allied player through the mock landing craft, i couldnt help but think about how this happened to soldiers on the real invasion, and were killed as a result. we are lucky to be able to recreate it with little risk to our lives, and have fun as a result, but i think people push it when they do stupid stuff at the expense of thinking it will look cool.

like i said i was with you at the end, cuz you seem like you have your act together, but you made a comment earlier in the thread basically saying another poster was jealous because he couldnt have the glory.
Javirus Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:16 PM #42
LordOderus

I think the root of the problem is the wording of the rule. If stockplayers recounting of the rule is accurate, it was that:

"Players may NOT approach any tank, insert a marker barrel into an opening and shoot the occupants. You will be ejected from the field … no exceptions!"

Now, TECHNICALLY, he did not do that. He violated the spirit of the rule, but not the letter of it. It would be much easier to blanket rule it "Dont shoot the occupants of a tank under any circumstances." That is simple and clear and leaves no room for interpretation or to search for loop holes.
LordOderus is offline   Reply With Quote