Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-23-2010, 08:07 PM #22
Ccdrewdrew

Ccdrewdrew supports Team VICIOUS
The trade would be his completely stock superstock for a upped ion and a upped G3
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-23-2010, 08:12 PM #23
Oh_Hai_89

ummmm... personal opinon... do one of the guns... not both
love me or hate me... I'm the loud-mouthed, constantly cursing, always rude Ginger...
Oh_Hai_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:28 PM #24
Ccdrewdrew

Ya but aren't ions only worth like 60 bucks now?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:00 PM #25
Oh_Hai_89

still your better off keeping it... ion's may kinda suck but its worth trading just your g3 for
love me or hate me... I'm the loud-mouthed, constantly cursing, always rude Ginger...
Oh_Hai_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:43 PM #26
Krunk_Kracker
What is this "Paintball"?

Ion's do not suck, they unfortunately got stuck with a bad rep. G3's definitely do not suck and are worth more than a sniper.

Secondly, this dude is trying to swing you. TWO electros for a run of the mill sniper?

Not a good deal at all. You can buy a superbolt that is already pumped on ebay for $90.

Krunk_Kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:04 AM #27
eudaman
Professional Mis-informer

eudaman plays in the PSP
eudaman plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider_68 View Post
well since the OP's question was anwsered lets take this in order...

(U guys dont really need to read this again..)

With a full barrel kit a new CCM would cost closer/over (depending on ano) to $600... Now if we were talking about upgrades like your post said, then my opinion of you getting ripped off stands.

When unemployed, I used to buy parts and sell markers that I'd put together to turn a profit and support my paintball habbit so I knew what something is worth and what I could get so called "upgrades" for.

I built all this for a total south of $300 (no AT as of yet, but if I buy it NEW, tack on another $50 or so)

well below of your proposed spending upgrades that will cost more than a new CCM

I also own this

and I think that was $ well spent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccdrewdrew View Post
The trade would be his completely stock superstock for a upped ion and a upped G3
Yeah that's definitely getting ripped off if you go thru with that.
eudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:35 AM #28
Kulas77
FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHER.

Kulas77 is a Paintball photographer
Kulas77 is playing at Living Legends III
Kulas77 is playing at Living Legends V
Kulas77 plays in the APPA D4 division
[/quote]

Sponsored By:
ANSGEAR / STRIVEPB / FIGHT-SOAP / NOMADICS..
www.frame21.org
Kulas77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:24 AM #29
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
Quote:
well since the OP's question was anwsered lets take this in order
clamping feedneck, got one
amazing trigger frame, yeah
AT, got that too
dual detents, nice but its worked for almost 5 years of play as a semi with one
drilled for eyes, ummmm its a prostock body, no pesky eye holes
ASA, personal preference, and not really noticed
Amazing bottom tube internals, yep sold seperatly
lighter, by a few onces at most, not really noticable while playing
Customer service and warranty, CCM parts are covered regardless of the body you put them on
So your claim of a new ccm marker is better than anything else is based on a rubber detent thats not really needed and a couple of onces of weight? The only thing that put this build over the cost of a new S6 was the full barrel kit, well that and the cost of the marker when new

And while we are on service, My new T2 shipped straight from CCM came without an IVG in it, they did ship one out to me ASAP, but that kinda throws a shadow on the assembled, adjusted and tested claim.
Let me clarify my statement.... If you started with a stock superstock/prostock you got ripped off. Let me crunch some numbers. I'm using just some price ranges here to bare with me

Stock Superstock - $135-$200 (estimate)
CCM Pump kit with trigger frame and AT - $210
CCM Clamping feedneck - $25
CCM Reg - $70
CCM Lower Tube kit - $66
CCM On/off - $38
CCM Micro rail - $24

Now that is all the parts that you have put on your marker. You may have already own some of these but for a person to re-make your gun they would need to order these parts. Assuming the person called CCM directly or a CCM dealer (allowing them to have the warranty). Also bare in mind that they will be using the stock barrel, stock WGP detent (nothing wrong with it, but alot of fields don't have them) and stock bolt and not having a valve tool to insert their new CCM goodness. To change all those parts would cost even more but I am not going into that.

So for the average buyer, purchasing the stock Prostock/Superstock for $135 (estimate) dollars plus the $433 dollars it would take to purchase the same parts that you have ( minus the barrel ) you are looking at around $568. Which is MORE than a brand new S6.

Don't forget that a S6 is lighter, dual detents (spyder detents are EVERYWHERE) , lightweight delrin bolt, delrin pull pin, tools, barrel cover and comes with a damn decent barrel that you can choose the insert size when you order. Also, you can choose what color you want the marker to come in from the factory. What it you wanted your prostock to match completely? Then you would have to tack on annodizing costs to your project.

Now everything on that list is compared to your marker, which is overpriced. Not by much, but it is. Now that body style might be more for your liking, and as long as you were willing to pay the difference to have the body you wanted, then go ahead.

Ounces are still ounces. Common used parts are better than a dying breed. And ready out the box is King.

I'll stick with CCM.

I myself did a Prostock project. Shot great but nothing compared to my CCM guns.

Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:58 AM #30
Krunk_Kracker
What is this "Paintball"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulas77 View Post
Why did you link my picture?

Last edited by Krunk_Kracker : 08-24-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Krunk_Kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:24 PM #31
Slider_68

your right about the cost, which is why I stated that upgrading could easily run to more than the cost of a new S6 to start with, and was promptly accused of getting ripped off.

But in my case, It was a marker that I had owned since it was given to me as a fathers day present in 2005, so no real cost to me(even if I probaly did pay for most of it), just the $433 in parts, more with the barrel kit but since every marker I own is A/C threaded I don't count that. Resale isn't an issue since it has some personal value to me, but if I did sell it, the parts can easily be swapped to my Freeflow body or any other body I have laying around, so I still don't believe it was a rip off to upgrade, But thats cool, thats why icecream comes in different flavors, every one doesn't like mint choclate chip. And its still a smoother marker than my T2, and its what I grab 75% of the time.

05's came stock with delrin bolts and pins, and while out of the box is nice (if it works out of the box) its not the only way, you can also get excellent performance out of an old "dying breed" workhorse you already own, but using new quality parts can get expensive, or you can go the other route and buy used parts for your upgrade, as long as your happy with the outcome it really doesn't matter

Last edited by Slider_68 : 08-24-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Slider_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:42 PM #32
longboader5

A used/stock Superstock is worth no more than $200 so your G3 should be more than a fair trade.

The Superstock will make a great pump to start but start with just a basic pump kit and see how much you like playing pump. It's not worth buying all of those upgrades unless you really get into it.

Even then, I would just find a used CCM once/if you get serious about pump. There really is nothing like a CCM BUT only if you really enjoy it.

A used CCM shoots like a new CCM but for much less money.

If you want high quality without spending a lot of money, just get a Sanchez SM-1 and call it a day.

longboader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:04 PM #33
Ccdrewdrew

Oh no I love pump, it's all I play, but I just wanna upgrade from the trilly I have
Old 08-24-2010, 10:24 PM #34
longboader5

I've owned my fair share of pumps and CCM is choice. I have to mention the Sanchez SM-1 though for it's quality and feel.

After my CCM T2 was stolen, I replaced it with an SM-1 and could not be happier.

You can get an CCM S6 though for $375 if you keep an eye out or an SS-25 or S5 for about $325-375.

If I were you though, I would trade for a pump or sell the G3 to buy a pump. It's a pain to sell the pneumatics and convert since there are not that many people interested in those parts anymore.

If you get a Prostock/Superstock and start upgrading it with used CCM parts, you'll end up spending about $325 anyways. It's fun to find/build but you need patience to get everything together.

Last edited by longboader5 : 08-24-2010 at 10:28 PM.
longboader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:12 AM #35
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

Sogamember666 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
Quote:
you can also get excellent performance out of an old "dying breed" workhorse you already own, but using new quality parts can get expensive, or you can go the other route and buy used parts for your upgrade, as long as your happy with the outcome it really doesn't matter
I agree with you on this one. I have done several cocker to sniper conversions and I am currently working on a DC2 that has run me damn close to $2000. But it will be the nicest markers I have ever done.
Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:44 PM #36
Kulas77
FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHER.

Kulas77 is a Paintball photographer
Kulas77 is playing at Living Legends III
Kulas77 is playing at Living Legends V
Kulas77 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
Why did you link my picture?
lol.. sorry bro..but...just to show another great set-up.... my point is any setup can make this marker shoots great.."regardless."

Sponsored By:
ANSGEAR / STRIVEPB / FIGHT-SOAP / NOMADICS..
www.frame21.org

Last edited by Kulas77 : 08-25-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Kulas77 is offline   Reply With Quote