PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-01-2016, 04:11 PM #1
Schmidty3

DFW "streetball"

I just moved to Dallas.

What are the favored places to play some pickup speedball games?

I believe I played a tourney at fun on the run several several years ago and had a good time...

Fun on the run?
Cousins?
Fort?

Id like to find a high paced field with rapid turn around between games, that's not too dominated by teams "practicing". I see no reason why 5 or more games cant be played in an hour... I don't mind going to a field with a bunch of teams, as long as they are accommodating to walkon's joining. I've had some bad experiences going to a field just to watch before. Not cool.

So what say the few DFW PBN Texans???

Thanks
Schmidty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2016, 09:41 AM #2
ironyusa
All that matters is.

ironyusa supports Ninja Paintball
I really like fort for what you're trying to do, but like anywhere it can be hit or miss. FOTR can be alright as can official. Cousins sometimes has night ball and most of the teams are cool enough to let you in.
ironyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:28 PM #3
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Opteron-O3 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Opteron-O3 posts videos on PbNation
Opteron-O3 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Opteron-O3 supports Ninja Paintball
Personally I have had good experience with Fort. On average we would play about 6-7 games when their air ball field is up. Good mix of skill level and fair.

Official is awesome if you're looking for some air ball and hyperball mixture. But I would average between 4-5 games.
Opteron-O3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:31 PM #4
Schmidty3

Fort sounds like a good option then... its a bit closer to me anyway.

is there a field that generally attracts the better players?
Eventually....after I knock the rust off... if I deem it feasible, it would be cool to get back into some tourneys. And the best way to learn how to swim (again), is to jump back into the ocean!!! (steeper learning curve/faster pace).
Old 03-03-2016, 04:47 PM #5
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Generally I enjoy playing with the teams at Fort. Of course if they are drilling they wouldn't allow you to play. But when they are done they usually allow players to join and they will mix the teams up so it's fair. They will even give pointers to newer and veteran players alike.

I've been going to Fort for the past 12 years and it's been nothing but friendly people. I know some teams have been known to be "jerks" in the past, but they are all gone. I'm not familiar with the current team that plays there, but I know Paintball Doctor sponsors them. If memory serves me right, the owner is a coach for one of the teams.

Official Paintball is awesome too, but the times I have gone. The air ball field was never up and I never saw teams practicing either. BUT, the advanced walk-on teams have been pretty competitive lately.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:39 PM #6
Schmidty3

sounds good man. thanks for the input.

I guess i'm heading up to okiehoma this weekend...what better way to knock off the rust then to do a scenario???
Old 03-03-2016, 07:57 PM #7
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

What scenario are you doing? I've always wanted to do scenario... I've played for so many years yet I've never played an actual scenario.. :'(
Old 03-03-2016, 10:30 PM #8
Takedown

Takedown is a Supporting Member
Takedown is a Professional paintball player
Takedown is playing at Living Legends IX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty3 View Post
sounds good man. thanks for the input.

I guess i'm heading up to okiehoma this weekend...what better way to knock off the rust then to do a scenario???
Nice! I'm doing the same thing. Stopped competing in 2007 and have only practiced some xball, scenario and big games since. I'll be at Avid, likely on my own, introduce yourself if you want to attack together. I don't have a side yet, just going to sign up the morning of. My name is Ron and I'll be in a green LA Hitmen jersey, shooting either an LV1 or XSV ego.

Opteron, it's Stalingrad at Avid in Guthrie, OK. Looks like a lot of fun come on out!
Old 03-04-2016, 12:41 AM #9
Schmidty3

I've never been to this one... I can't say that I've been the biggest fan of the avid guys (that was many many years ago though). But it looks like they've branched out into a couple of nice fields, and this scenario looks pretty decent. I looked on their Facebook page and earlier this week there were 150+ people signed up. So it should be a decent time. Its about 4 hours from Dallas I think. I think they said there was free camping too.

If you're wanting the real scenario experience you have to go to dday. The last time I went was 2011 I think. The scenario is fun, but I really enjoyed the 9 pm speedball matches. Its so cool playing fast paced back to back to back (etc), games under the lights. Literally as fast as they can crank them out. Play til like 11 or whatever. However, I don't know if they still do that. That's honestly where I cut my teeth on speedball, playing everynight 5 nights in a row. 2 weeks later we did the fun in the run tourney and got 4 out of 24. I'm sure a ton of luck was involved, but from never playing speedball to 4th in about 2 months ain't bad! Lol
Old 03-04-2016, 12:53 AM #10
Schmidty3

A jersey in the woods Ron???

I tend to be antisocial, I'll try to be personable....but no guarantees!

I'll probably be in a skintight multicam shirt (look for the tan colored fat boy) and marpat pants, with either a black ego 8 or a silver victory...whichever seems to be working! My guns haven't seen air since 2011! Hopefully a good lubing and some new orings and they'll run.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:53 PM #11
baum3r

I am looking to get back in to playing as well. I haven't played in years, last I played was working at Xdrenalin zone in like 2005..

I'd like to get out to Fort, I have read good things, and I think thats where the UNT team practices. Which I have also heard good things about. I'm near denton so wouldnt be too far to get there, just looking to pick up a gun soon before I go.
baum3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:59 PM #12
IAintYoBarber

IAintYoBarber owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
IAintYoBarber has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
IAintYoBarber supports DLX Technology
Look into Madddogz paintball park south of dallas. The field is teaming up with the towns paintball shop with one xball field and a reball training center. Apex Predators play out there every weekend same as the fields team. Players skill range from about D5-D2. pm if you want anymore info.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:35 PM #13
XxJKATxX
Legit As They Come

Annual Supporting Member
XxJKATxX owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
XxJKATxX supports Team VICIOUS
XxJKATxX is an NCPA player
XxJKATxX is an NCPA National Champion
XxJKATxX plays in the APPA D4 division
XxJKATxX has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
XxJKATxX supports Ninja Paintball
Fort Is a great Field for you multiple D3,D4 teams out there every weekend (I am apart of one).I have only been in the area since Christmas and everyone is really friendly and welcoming. The first 5 ready on each side of the field play simple as that usually and Im usually out there trying to speed things up in between if everyone is just standing at the start box anyway at the end of the day we all just want to benefit from each other to learn and grow not as just teams but individual players aswell.

PE CS1/Clone GTI
Virtue Spires/ Ninja SL 77/SL 90
^Changes so much does not even matter XD

East Carolina Paintball Team Alumni
2015 NCPA National Champion Class AA
XxJKATxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:39 PM #14
XxJKATxX
Legit As They Come

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by baum3r View Post
I am looking to get back in to playing as well. I haven't played in years, last I played was working at Xdrenalin zone in like 2005..

I'd like to get out to Fort, I have read good things, and I think thats where the UNT team practices. Which I have also heard good things about. I'm near denton so wouldnt be too far to get there, just looking to pick up a gun soon before I go.
if you make it out to fort and cant decide on what marker to buy everyone out there owns almost every high end on the market and mid end aswell everyone im sure would let you hold and shoot a stream or 2 to help you make a proper decision for your price point and preferences

PE CS1/Clone GTI

Old 03-09-2016, 05:33 PM #15
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJKATxX View Post
if you make it out to fort and cant decide on what marker to buy everyone out there owns almost every high end on the market and mid end aswell everyone im sure would let you hold and shoot a stream or 2 to help you make a proper decision for your price point and preferences
This is true. The teams out there are usually friendly.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:45 PM #16
Patty_Iceberg

Lurked on this thread, and this has been good to see what the scene is like.
Used to play 7 years ago and am getting back in.

Fun on the run still have a good vibe? I see a lot of stuff about fort (farther for me, and tolls). I remember switching from Xdrenalin to Fun on the run, and it was more casual but a lot less douchey.

Also, stores in the area? Im in Euless and every store Ive looked up (that i used to know) closed. I see there is a paintball doctor in dallas and fun on the run pro shop, is that really it?
Patty_Iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:52 AM #17
XxJKATxX
Legit As They Come

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_Iceberg View Post
Lurked on this thread, and this has been good to see what the scene is like.
Used to play 7 years ago and am getting back in.

Fun on the run still have a good vibe? I see a lot of stuff about fort (farther for me, and tolls). I remember switching from Xdrenalin to Fun on the run, and it was more casual but a lot less douchey.

Also, stores in the area? Im in Euless and every store Ive looked up (that i used to know) closed. I see there is a paintball doctor in dallas and fun on the run pro shop, is that really it?
you have those and you also have a newer shop called AllStar Paintball as for fun on the run they seem to have a nice facility still i have only went there for a AC Dallas Clinic but the staff there was quite friendly

PE CS1/Clone GTI

Old 03-16-2016, 01:43 PM #18
Opteron-O3
Elite Spyder Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJKATxX View Post
you have those and you also have a newer shop called AllStar Paintball as for fun on the run they seem to have a nice facility still i have only went there for a AC Dallas Clinic but the staff there was quite friendly
Wow. I wasn't aware of AllStar Paintball... They are literally down the road from me. Is this store new? I've going to Paintball Dallas this whole time.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:15 PM #19
baum3r

They are new, in a weird office thing that you have to ring the bell, but they make decent enough deals it seems. They are on facebook always buying and selling.

Fun on the run has a store also. I havent been to any other fields in about 50 years.
baum3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:49 PM #20
Joovie88

Awesome! I'm wanting to get back in and have 0 gear currently. Prowling BST, but need to feel some markers/tanks in my hands first.

I'll be visiting the local shops as well to find a mask that'll fit my big head.
Joovie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:40 PM #21
pjsymons92
Make Art.

Annual Supporting Member
pjsymons92 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joovie88 View Post
Awesome! I'm wanting to get back in and have 0 gear currently. Prowling BST, but need to feel some markers/tanks in my hands first.

I'll be visiting the local shops as well to find a mask that'll fit my big head.
As someone with a big head, love my proflex.
Lot of the other masks have too small a profile for my head.

PM For your Graphic Design needs

Check out my work
pjsymons92 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups