peltco123 plays in the APPA D2 division
ITT there are stupid people
peltco123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:51 PM #23
RoGuE9
yeah

RoGuE9 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
you gotta take that post for what it is, fools.

this whole thread is ridiculous to begin with, so what's a little more ridiculousness?

excessive cell growth certainly does increase the chance for mutation, though...it's just statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
Ok. Have fun in Ohio.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:32 PM #24
Choiboy
Mr. ****** \/

Thank you for the people who gave input and remained... on topic.

I wanna drop 10 pounds. would 163 be healthy for my height?
Choiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:39 PM #25
peltco123 (Banned)
It's hot in this place

peltco123 is a Professional paintball player
peltco123 plays in the PSP
No you would be intensely skinny.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:43 PM #26
$T@RBUX 13
The Great Tan Hope

Honestly, if you dont know when, how, or what the supplements do for you, you probably should not be taking them. You always wanna research what your putting into your body, yknow? And if I were you I'd still wana work on putting on more muscle. And you should probs squat haha.

lol @ rogue... are you trying to say that by getting your swole on your putting your body at risk to cancer?
SUPPORT YOUR HOME TOWN HEROES! TBD Fan #219
EKK
$T@RBUX 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:28 PM #27
Faber v2
FABER7 - BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by peltco123 View Post
>OP your stats intrigue me. You have posts up all these girly machine stats, but I am interested to know how much do you squat an dead? If you don't know either then you have field miserably.
>If you don't know either then you have field miserably.
>you have field miserably.
> field
>
but anyways, don't focus on weight - rather check your BF% godzilla.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:44 PM #28
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoGuE9 View Post
you gotta take that post for what it is, fools.

this whole thread is ridiculous to begin with, so what's a little more ridiculousness?

excessive cell growth certainly does increase the chance for mutation, though...it's just statistics

Ok. Have fun in Ohio.
You're spewing nonsense. Please stop.
Jlausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:51 PM #29
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by peltco123 View Post
Peer review (sources: Men): "The effects of heavy lifting"

1. Not being a ****ing *****.

-The End.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:41 PM #30
Choiboy
Mr. ****** \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by $T@RBUX 13 View Post
Honestly, if you dont know when, how, or what the supplements do for you, you probably should not be taking them. You always wanna research what your putting into your body, yknow? And if I were you I'd still wana work on putting on more muscle. And you should probs squat haha.

lol @ rogue... are you trying to say that by getting your swole on your putting your body at risk to cancer?
I stated what they did, and i know. i wanted personal experiences.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:02 PM #31
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

WorldStrike supports Bob Gurnsey
WorldStrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WorldStrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I don't understand your claims about CLA, that is 'converts' fat into energy. Fat is already stored energy. There are 3500 calories in a pound of fat. "Calories" is translated as "Energy" in most European countries (if you've ever seen their nutrition labels). That's the whole concept behind anabolic training; to use fat as your primary energy source. Why would you need to take a pill to convert fat into something it already is?

And I really am confused on the stats you post up...you seem to train your chest, arms, and shoulders. I sincerely hope those aren't all you train.

Your goal right now is to gain muscle. I'm 6' and around 178lbs, and consider myself pretty damn slim. To be completely fair, there's a good chance I've been attending a gym a lot longer than you have and may have more weight in muscle. But regardless of whether that's true or not, 6' @ 162lbs is not a good idea. Unless you've subscribed to the list of ignorant and idiotic kids who believe that skinny is the same thing as ripped, your main goal should be gaining muscle. Lots of muscle.

As far as the squats and deads argument, no one can force you to do either. I'm unable to do either due to a back injury I sustained about half a year ago. But let me just say that, if I didn't have that injury, I would be in the gym trying to pull and squat as much as I possibly could. There's no reason to neglect those lifts. If there were reasons, the least of all would be because you heard some non-PHD, self-taught, self-read, uneducated-in-the-area-of-bodybuilding "doctor" tell you that it will stunt your growth. You're 6' tall, and if your body wants to grow any taller, it will make it happen.

Do deads and squats. That's really what it comes down to. Your goal bodyweight is close to idiotic, I hate to say. It's so much easier to lose weight than it is to properly gain weight. You have a choice...your first option is that you continue trying to lose weight, and wind up a skinny kid. That's the easy way. The second option is that you eat and train appropriately, and wind up a lean kid with muscle mass. That's the hard way. Honestly, what you do doesn't matter to me or really to anyone on here. We're just offering what we think will help you, and you can decide what you want from there. We've made our decisions, we're sticking with them, and we hope others will see our logic. Check out Starting Strength, Westside for Skinny Bastards, or a 5X5 Routine, all will suit you fine for a beginner.

You really need to start training seriously. And that means training things other than your arms. I realize you seem to like giving them special attention in your photos, but believe it or not you have a full body that you can train. Not to say you should stop training your arms...those still have quite a way to go as well. There are even some exercises that will work several parts of your body at once and slap muscle onto those parts at an alarming rate. They're called compounds, and the king and queen of those are squats and deads (not necessarily respectively). You can either pick the path that leads to you being skinny and never making significant muscle gains...or the path of the BAMF. I'd choose carefully if I were you.

Oh yeah, and ditch the pills you're taking, especially at your weight. If you want any supplement, protein is about all you need.
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
WorldStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:28 PM #32
Choiboy
Mr. ****** \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post
I don't understand your claims about CLA, that is 'converts' fat into energy. Fat is already stored energy. There are 3500 calories in a pound of fat. "Calories" is translated as "Energy" in most European countries (if you've ever seen their nutrition labels). That's the whole concept behind anabolic training; to use fat as your primary energy source. Why would you need to take a pill to convert fat into something it already is?

Ive read articles from building and medical forums about CLA and also heard from a nurse. So if i am wrong ,id like proof. Im pretty sure it converts more stored fat into energy. please correct me if im wrong.

And I really am confused on the stats you post up...you seem to train your chest, arms, and shoulders. I sincerely hope those aren't all you train.
I also do abs and some cardio. what else it there to do? i dont do traps cause i honestly believe they look dumb.
Your goal right now is to gain muscle. I'm 6' and around 178lbs, and consider myself pretty damn slim. To be completely fair, there's a good chance I've been attending a gym a lot longer than you have and may have more weight in muscle. But regardless of whether that's true or not, 6' @ 162lbs is not a good idea. Unless you've subscribed to the list of ignorant and idiotic kids who believe that skinny is the same thing as ripped, your main goal should be gaining muscle. Lots of muscle.
Ive only been to the gym for about 4 1/2 months. i want to cut my weight so i can be slim and also have a decent cut while im not at the gym. gaining muscle is not my dilemma.
As far as the squats and deads argument, no one can force you to do either. I'm unable to do either due to a back injury I sustained about half a year ago. But let me just say that, if I didn't have that injury, I would be in the gym trying to pull and squat as much as I possibly could. There's no reason to neglect those lifts. If there were reasons, the least of all would be because you heard some non-PHD, self-taught, self-read, uneducated-in-the-area-of-bodybuilding "doctor" tell you that it will stunt your growth. You're 6' tall, and if your body wants to grow any taller, it will make it happen.
To be honest, my doctor did tell me i should wait before i start lifting ( squatting and such ) till i stop growing. Heavy weights will hurt my growth/bones throughout my lower half.
Do deads and squats. That's really what it comes down to. Your goal bodyweight is close to idiotic, I hate to say. It's so much easier to lose weight than it is to properly gain weight. You have a choice...your first option is that you continue trying to lose weight, and wind up a skinny kid. That's the easy way. The second option is that you eat and train appropriately, and wind up a lean kid with muscle mass. That's the hard way. Honestly, what you do doesn't matter to me or really to anyone on here. We're just offering what we think will help you, and you can decide what you want from there. We've made our decisions, we're sticking with them, and we hope others will see our logic. Check out Starting Strength, Westside for Skinny Bastards, or a 5X5 Routine, all will suit you fine for a beginner.
this paragraph would probably be the only thing necessary for you to say. i will look into it. i want to be skinny. ive been heavy all my life. when i was 14 - 15 i weighed 197 - 206 pounds. i honestly think being lean and cut is better then being the next ronnie coleman.
You really need to start training seriously. And that means training things other than your arms. I realize you seem to like giving them special attention in your photos, but believe it or not you have a full body that you can train. Not to say you should stop training your arms...those still have quite a way to go as well. There are even some exercises that will work several parts of your body at once and slap muscle onto those parts at an alarming rate. They're called compounds, and the king and queen of those are squats and deads (not necessarily respectively). You can either pick the path that leads to you being skinny and never making significant muscle gains...or the path of the BAMF. I'd choose carefully if I were you.
LOL. path of the bamf. I still dont understand what other muscle i should work? i dont do legs because i fence and do kendo. my legs recieve a work out and are pretty nice as is.
Oh yeah, and ditch the pills you're taking, especially at your weight. If you want any supplement, protein is about all you need.
thanks for the input. besides the blatant sarcasm in your writing, it was helpful. thanks.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:57 PM #33
LGB (Banned)
.animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choiboy View Post
I also do abs and some cardio. what else it there to do? i dont do traps cause i honestly believe they look dumb.
LGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:06 PM #34
peltco123 (Banned)
It's hot in this place

peltco123 is a Professional paintball player
peltco123 plays in the PSP
Squat.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:19 AM #35
Grim~ (Banned)
Whysosrs?

Grim~ helped look for balloons
Grim~ is playing at Living Legends III
Grim~ supports Team VICIOUS
Grim~ is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB View Post
srsly
Grim~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:34 AM #36
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStrike View Post

I have an immense amount of respect for you.
Jlausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:39 AM #37
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

Quote:
thanks for the input. besides the blatant sarcasm in your writing, it was helpful. thanks.
nurses aren't doctors. not even close. Nurses don't know anything at all when it comes down to actual science. fat is energy you dumb ****. you're asian i thought you would be smart enough to know that.

if you're worried about stunting your growth, you shouldn't be benching either. that's stupid. you're worried about stunting your growth so you're benching but not squatting or deadlifting?

your legs aren't "good as is" either. i bet they're very weak. i bet you coudln't squat 135 to parallel once.

You really don't know nearly as much as you think you do so take advice from people who know much more than you. you're only 16 and have been doing this for not even half a year.

step back and learn.

edit: oh and rogue, you're talking out of your ***.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:43 AM #38
RoGuE9
yeah

RoGuE9 is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
good job catching that when I clearly said I was talking out my ***.

you're a quick one.

this subforum is very entertaining, but I can see how comprehension of simple probability and the ability to understand tongue-in-cheek comments is hoping for a little too much.

Last edited by RoGuE9 : 08-19-2010 at 11:45 AM.
RoGuE9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:49 AM #39
Choiboy
Mr. ****** \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
nurses aren't doctors. not even close. Nurses don't know anything at all when it comes down to actual science. fat is energy you dumb ****. you're asian i thought you would be smart enough to know that.

if you're worried about stunting your growth, you shouldn't be benching either. that's stupid. you're worried about stunting your growth so you're benching but not squatting or deadlifting?

your legs aren't "good as is" either. i bet they're very weak. i bet you coudln't squat 135 to parallel once.

You really don't know nearly as much as you think you do so take advice from people who know much more than you. you're only 16 and have been doing this for not even half a year.

step back and learn.

lol this ****ing guy

honestly atleast 3/4 of the people in this forum have a dick up there butt. RELAX.

Last edited by Choiboy : 08-19-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:03 PM #40
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

Quote:
It wasn't sarcasm, it was honesty.
Quote:
Ive read articles from building and medical forums about CLA and also heard from a nurse. So if i am wrong ,id like proof. Im pretty sure it converts more stored fat into energy. please correct me if im wrong.
But your fat is already energy, that's what I'm telling you. The way you work out and diet will decide whether your body uses it appropriately...you can't just rely on a pill to do the work for you.
Quote:
Quote:
LOL. path of the bamf. I still dont understand what other muscle i should work? i dont do legs because i fence and do kendo. my legs recieve a work out and are pretty nice as is.
(this one may be sarcastic)

So let's see...we've got arms, shoulders, chest, and of course abs. Oh, and legs are off the list because it's not like weighted exercises would ever benefit them. Now...let's see...is there any other part of the human body we should train? Hmm...I feel like we're missing something BIG here...some part that's being completely neglected.

Oh yeah, that's right...

Perhaps you've somehow completely forgotten you have a back? And that there are tons upon tons of muscle back there? Your back and legs are the two biggest and strongest parts of your body, and those are the two you've decided to neglect? If you really want to look how you want to look, it's not going to happen without back training.

Hey look, it's a famous asian, like yourself:

Those thing under his arms that are flaring out are his lats. Those are his major back muscle. Without lat training, your body will never achieve the "V" shape you likely desire as a "lean and muscular" driven kid. Especially with chest and shoulder training...your chest will be expanding, and then there will be nothing behind it. You'll likely develop and hour glass shape or a pear shape, which is really something much more desirable for women than it should be for you

Moral of the story: train your back or you'll be sorry. As a matter of fact, you know what possibly the best back exercise is? Deadlifts! If you really refuse those, start checking out lat pulldowns, dumbbell pullovers, DB and BB Rows, and pull/chin-ups. Neglecting such a huge and muscular part of your body is not excusable.

Also, although I think the responses have already let you know, your belief that the little cardio activities you do will train your legs well is false. they will do next to nothing for your legs compared to weighted training. Once again, there's no excuse for neglect.

Quote:
this paragraph would probably be the only thing necessary for you to say. i will look into it. i want to be skinny. ive been heavy all my life. when i was 14 - 15 i weighed 197 - 206 pounds. i honestly think being lean and cut is better then being the next ronnie coleman.
The bodybuilders you see that gross you out have taken a long time to get to that point. Probably 8-10 years. So how about this...you start training hard like I'm suggesting. You come back to me in 5 years with a lean, muscular body you love, and we can start talking about making sure you don't get 'bodybuilder' big. Also good luck being the next Ronnie Coleman while being Asian.
Quote:
To be honest, my doctor did tell me i should wait before i start lifting ( squatting and such ) till i stop growing. Heavy weights will hurt my growth/bones throughout my lower half.
Hey, what do you know, it's the same thing every doctor who has never studied weightlifting says. It's funny that the ones who lift and study lifting and train people themselves don't seem to think the same way. Maybe the doctors are telling you that because they want to make sure you don't make them look bad by being more muscular than them at such a young age...
Quote:
Ive only been to the gym for about 4 1/2 months. i want to cut my weight so i can be slim and also have a decent cut while im not at the gym. gaining muscle is not my dilemma.
Yes, it is.
Quote:
i want to be skinny
No, you don't.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:10 PM #41
WorldStrike
PBN's Dick

Let me clarify the "I want to be skinny" remark.

You're confusing skinny with lean. Skinny looks awful. Lean usually implies that you have a solid muscle base with a low body fat percentage. The only way for you to be lean instead of skinny is to start training and eating like you actually want to be lean.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:30 PM #42
Choiboy
Mr. ****** \/

im learning so much... LOL. thanks again.