Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 08-10-2010, 10:11 PM #22
Webers Extreme Crew
Webers CRU

Webers Extreme Crew owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Webers Extreme Crew is for the Gunfight
The BEst way of seeing all the feilds around weather its us Xpc or Max is look at pics in erics thread and his Flicker We have some pics at the end of the thread that says webers Paintwars August 8 or somthing

Offical Voice of Webers
Troy, Texas (Exit 308)(254) 938-0415
Webers Extreme Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2010, 10:14 PM #23
reldev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webers Extreme Crew View Post
The BEst way of seeing all the feilds around weather its us Xpc or Max is look at pics in erics thread and his Flicker We have some pics at the end of the thread that says webers Paintwars August 8 or somthing
I appreciate the humbleness of Webers...

I believe your post indicated you were interested in speedball. In Austin, you have two legitimate choices -- as stated, Maximum and Webers. Period.

Austin Massacre

Sponsored by: KEE Action Sports with special thanks to RAZA Life
reldev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:51 PM #24
paintballcrazy89
John R3d C0RN

when i get to austin i will try to go to both webers and max. i like speedball and it seems like both places are good just one has more perks than the other
Albanian Baller

Wise Words From [BeatD0wnCity] "John honestly does make people rage...I believe it now that i have experienced it..."
paintballcrazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:48 PM #25
dandrummer

try out texas paintball. its a rec field with all the different styles of play and its about 10 minutes from barton creek.
dandrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:36 PM #26
TRADEmyROCKforURion
cool story bro...

TRADEmyROCKforURion supports Team VICIOUS
xpc in roundrock... good people, good prices
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post69237116
TRADEmyROCKforURion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:36 PM #27
reldev

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit_kb View Post
If you are moving near barton creek, then you have some choices to make for fields.

For a more rec atmosphere, there is Hill 13 in Oak Hill. It is about twenty minutes or so. Also, there is Petty's in Red Rock. It is about an hour away but the people who own it are fantastic. Old school paintball people who do things right.

For serious competition, there are three options:

Maximum paintball is in San Marcos and is about 45 minutes away. (For entry and a case of premium it was 60)

XPC in Round Rock is about 45 minutes away. The most expensive. (For non-members it is 80 for entry and a case of premium)

Weber's in Troy is about 90 minutes away. Not sure about the prices but I hear it is on par with Maximum's prices.

All three have a good field, but it just depends on the day where the ballers are at.
The OP asked about speedball -- Maximum (in San Marcos) and Weber's in Troy are by far the best fields. I wouldn't waste a stop anywhere else.

Also, depending on where you leave from in Austin, Weber's is only 45-60 minutes away.

Austin Massacre

Sponsored by: KEE Action Sports with special thanks to RAZA Life
reldev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:40 PM #28
infamous9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADEmyROCKforURion View Post
xpc in roundrock... good people, good prices
Are you kidding? Mike the owner is OK, and Mitchell who refs there (or used to) is OK, but everyone else is useless. Plus they rape you on fees. An entry fee, and a BYOP fee - you're out $30 before you even get a case of paint. Paint prices are ridiculously high plus it just sits and bakes in the Sun for the most part. No competition there either.

Max and Webers is the best by far.
infamous9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:18 PM #29
canemaster
Derp

has been a member for 10 years
canemaster plays in the PSP
canemaster owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
canemaster is an NCPA player
Max will most likey have a little more competition but webers facility and field is really nice.

Maximum's field is ****... No grass, some turf but some carpet crap too. The play is still competetive and fun but I like sliding on grass, not attempting to slide on mud/carpet.

♣ ♣

25+ (old way)
canemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:35 PM #30
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
Webers has an amazing staff and field. Competition is great on scheduled days. The only downside is that the bunkers are not current and it does make a difference on this current layout (Cup). Other times you don't notice the difference as much. The paint prices and field prices are extremely competitive and they offer a lot of perks to their customers. It's a great field at any time.

XPC is great if you plan to go often. It's geared towards a membership. I pay 5 entry and 53 per case of Evil and like 48 or something for Premium (you get 20% off listed price), plus you get a free case of paint after purchasing 6 (little punch card). I play about 6 times a month so I try to cut costs where I can. The membership fee is just under 11 a month so it definitely works out for my personal needs.
Layout is current, field is semi-decent grass. It's mostly convenient for the exact layouts and drive times. Competition varies greatly. It's no Max but that's a pro and con at the same time. It doesn't cater as much to "walk-on" type play and will certainly be pricey in those situations. For walk on, it's the same price as Max if you BYOP (like 25)

Max is Max. Don't have to say much about it

If I post in your sale thread I am trying to close a deal as fast as possible. If you delay, I move on.
Picked best team 2011 by NTex PBreview
Picked best reps of Texas 2012 by NTex PBreview

Last edited by Shawn_Savage : 09-06-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:03 PM #31
powerplay69

Webers... Thats it!!!
powerplay69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:54 PM #32
infamous9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Savage View Post
XPC is great if you plan to go often. It's geared towards a membership. I pay 5 entry and 53 per case of Evil and like 48 or something for Premium (you get 20% off listed price), plus you get a free case of paint after purchasing 6 (little punch card). I play about 6 times a month so I try to cut costs where I can. The membership fee is just under 11 a month so it definitely works out for my personal needs.
Layout is current, field is semi-decent grass. It's mostly convenient for the exact layouts and drive times. Competition varies greatly. It's no Max but that's a pro and con at the same time. It doesn't cater as much to "walk-on" type play and will certainly be pricey in those situations. For walk on, it's the same price as Max if you BYOP (like 25)
The entry at XPC is $30 (includes tax which no one else seems to charge). The paint they have is 1) no good because it bakes in the sun and 2) WAY overpriced. If you get Premium for $48 with your discount, then the normal price is around $60. You can get it at Webers for $40-$45. You can get it cheaper at Intensity. As I said, Mike is OK, but what's up with that old cracked out hippie guy? He's got a dank smell constantly, never has the nets up, etc. XPC shouldn't be used in the same sentence as Max and Webers.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:39 PM #33
Mofo10

Mofo10 plays in the PSP
Mofo10 is playing at Living Legends III
Mofo10 plays in the APPA D4 division
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous9 View Post
The entry at XPC is $30 (includes tax which no one else seems to charge). The paint they have is 1) no good because it bakes in the sun and 2) WAY overpriced. If you get Premium for $48 with your discount, then the normal price is around $60. You can get it at Webers for $40-$45. You can get it cheaper at Intensity. As I said, Mike is OK, but what's up with that old cracked out hippie guy? He's got a dank smell constantly, never has the nets up, etc. XPC shouldn't be used in the same sentence as Max and Webers.
Entry to Xpc is 25 not 30. The guy who made the thread asked everyones opinion. Simply State the feilds you think are good and leave it at that. Let him go out and play the different feilds and pick the one he wants to play at.

I could simply say this... even though i will always play at max and no where else... I hate maximum because it is not walk on friendly. If you dont come with a team, you are not going to play very much. So driving an hour there and then an hour back home is not worth 4 games. plus entry and paint and gas... im up to 80+ and i waisted my time.
Mofo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:50 PM #34
infamous9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo10 View Post
Entry to Xpc is 25 not 30. The guy who made the thread asked everyones opinion. Simply State the feilds you think are good and leave it at that. Let him go out and play the different feilds and pick the one he wants to play at.

I could simply say this... even though i will always play at max and no where else... I hate maximum because it is not walk on friendly. If you dont come with a team, you are not going to play very much. So driving an hour there and then an hour back home is not worth 4 games. plus entry and paint and gas... im up to 80+ and i waisted my time.
To each his own. I've been there - had to buy their paint and they went up to some baseball tower where it had to be 90+ degrees. Not the optimum temp for paintball. Plus the paint charges are over the top. The OP asked for the best places to play speedball - XPC ain't it.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:57 PM #35
TOM_458
hey hey ho ho 100110

Annual Supporting Member
TOM_458 is a Paintball photographer
TOM_458 plays in the PSP
TOM_458 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TOM_458 supports Team VICIOUS
TOM_458 posts videos on PbNation
TOM_458 plays in the APPA D4 division
TOM_458 is Legendary
Zone south is pretty good to besides maximum if you moving to the Houston area
TEAM ZONE
ZONE ELITE
APPA
TOM_458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:02 AM #36
infamous9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM_458 View Post
Zone south is pretty good to besides maximum if you moving to the Houston area
+1 there. Zone South is awesome.

Max, Zone, Webers - we're talking about real team / tournament practice. As far as I know in this area, those are the places to be. Not familiar with the DFW area, but I'm sure there are great fields up there. Merely having a set of bunkers and a few scrubs showing up does not constitute a great field.

Also, I'm hearing great things about Galveston Island paintball, although I've never been.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:22 PM #37
pimpaliciousluke
Turn my swag on

pimpaliciousluke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pimpaliciousluke owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pimpaliciousluke supports Team VICIOUS
pimpaliciousluke supports Sherwood Forest
I live relatively close to Barton Creek and i go to max... good competition and good prices

Brown and Black Ego 9

Blue Outkast Pump
pimpaliciousluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:46 PM #38
paintballcrazy89
John R3d C0RN

well if there not walk on friendly at max then if you want to start up a team that just goes out to play then hit me up when i get to texas that will be after the first of the year
Albanian Baller

Wise Words From [BeatD0wnCity] "John honestly does make people rage...I believe it now that i have experienced it..."
Old 10-21-2010, 01:30 AM #39
SHOCKER_1992

SHOCKER_1992 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous9 View Post
To each his own. I've been there - had to buy their paint and they went up to some baseball tower where it had to be 90+ degrees. Not the optimum temp for paintball. Plus the paint charges are over the top. The OP asked for the best places to play speedball - XPC ain't it.
get a ****ing life... go bash a feild you know something about.. its now 15 for entry and they have changed paint prices to. if you have ever been up were they store paint then you would know that it is air conditioned at 60 degrees.. so grow a pair and leave it at that..
SHOCKER_1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:19 PM #40
WSFValley

The paint at Max was garbage on the day I went. The paintballs fused together in the box because they never flipped the boxes. I say go to each field and make up your own mind.

In XPC defense, they have lowered their prices.
WSFValley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:22 PM #41
canemaster
Derp

has been a member for 10 years
canemaster plays in the PSP
canemaster owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
canemaster is an NCPA player
This thread is over two months old

♣ ♣

25+ (old way)
canemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:34 PM #42
paintballcrazy89
John R3d C0RN

and your point is? yeah and i am moving to barton creek i believe
Albanian Baller

ReplyRegional Ups