PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-11-2014, 12:33 PM #1
Thom48363

Thom48363 plays in the PSP
PSP Teams around Jacksonville

Hey guys a buddy and I currently live in Michigan and play d4x ball. We are looking at possibly making a move to the Jacksonville are within the near future and would like to continue playing at a competitive level. So my question is what psp teams if any are in the jacksonville area? What fields are around the area that have competitive play? If there aren't any what is the closest places for d3/d4x? any info is appreciated! post or pm! thanks!
Thom48363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2014, 10:00 PM #2
Engot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom48363 View Post
Hey guys a buddy and I currently live in Michigan and play d4x ball. We are looking at possibly making a move to the Jacksonville are within the near future and would like to continue playing at a competitive level. So my question is what psp teams if any are in the jacksonville area? What fields are around the area that have competitive play? If there aren't any what is the closest places for d3/d4x? any info is appreciated! post or pm! thanks!
Check out WHIL'S in Normandy he's got D4 and D5 teams and lots of walkons, he's price is affordable too
Engot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:24 AM #3
PBA1

Annual Supporting Member
Then try PBAX, 614 Pecan Park Road, Jacksonville, 32218. You be the judge.
PBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:26 AM #4
PBA1

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Check out WHIL'S in Normandy he's got D4 and D5 teams and lots of walkons, he's price is affordable too
Then try PBAX, 614 Pecan Park Road, Jacksonville, 32218. You be the judge.
PBA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:51 PM #5
Engot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBA1
Yes you're correct, a 'D2' team stopped playing at PBAX. A couple of the players were very talented but, the boisterous others either couldn't afford to play, were hung over from the night before, too lazy to practice, or gossiped like little school girls. When they started playing at PBAX each one bad mouthed the other fields in town as well as the owners of those fields. It seemed that nothing was sacred. Our only request was loyalty to PBAX. We made it very affordable and still there were those that couldn't afford to play. Rather than be honest and admit that perhaps a serious team was not affordable to them, they instead started internal muck raking that led to them leaving. Ironically, they went to the place they most badmouthed. This player attitude is why serious businessmen won't invest in airball in this area. I spent a great deal of money to make a field players would want to support and I stayed away from the operation and still the immature attitudes prevailed. Too bad. The individuals that left our field even took the name of one of the teams that practice at PBAX. I guess these things are to be expected but it is disappointing. Back to the initial subject; yes a group of players left for greener pastures. I wish them well and hopefully they will perform better than the 11th out of 11 they mustered at the MiLP.
------------------------------------------------—--—------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorlol
well speaking on behalf of everyone that left.... first of all it wasn't that we couldn't afford to play it was that we all chose not to spend 1,000$ or more dollars to go play a "d2" event and get absolutely destroyed. the real reason we left is that we went to another field on our off weekend to shoot some new people at whils paintballl and you had an absolute **** fit about it because you felt like we were supporting your competitor.... we are not contracted players and that amazing deal you were giving us we still get and we aren't even a field team. so to get the air clear since you just had to start talking **** and just couldn't let things go i guess we'll get into how we were all warned from the beginning about how shady you were well god if they weren't right, start off by collecting 500$ a player to guarantee a package of gear well low and behold none of showed up now granted i got my monies worth in other things but there are still players that you owe 4-500$ and wont refund it, on top of that you referred to us as a "bunch of ****ing idiots" yea that will clearly make us want to continue to come to your poorly managed field. now to continue on you say we took the name of a team that practice at pba? we all know that's a god awful lie because NO ONE ever came to your field we shot each other week after week. We may have bad mouthed whil before when he first started but things have greatly improved and he is loyal to his customers and treats us right and isn't just in it for the money, i dont feel like going on and on with this pointless rant because it's all over and done with and yes we did place last at milp but that didn't discourage any of us nor did it break our loyal bond to each other most agree we rather lose every possible event opposed to not playing a single event by a poorly managed owner. i wish you the best of luck with your field and hopefully it's not shut down before the end of the year so you can continue to produce amazing "d2" teams. Last i must say MERK STATUS is the gayest possible name anyone could ever use for a team, yes we are from jacksonville and no we are not a bunch of ghetto merkin monkey's
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just FYI
Engot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:35 PM #6
nickgibson87
I smell virgin

nickgibson87 plays in the PSP
nickgibson87 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nickgibson87 plays in the APPA D4 division
nickgibson87 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
As far as I know only Dave hundley is the only psp participant in the area much less team.
nickgibson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:18 AM #7
Thom48363

kind of disappointing to see drama in the paintball scene but i will be checking out all possible options to continue playing national paintball. i should be in town the week after chicago.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:19 AM #8
Thom48363

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgibson87 View Post
As far as I know only Dave hundley is the only psp participant in the area much less team.
Any idea why there is no psp teams? A lack of talent? Players? Funding? Interest?
Old 06-13-2014, 12:29 PM #9
nickgibson87
I smell virgin

Quote:
Any idea why there is no psp teams? A lack of talent? Players? Funding? Interest?
Just not enough guys capable or available to play in the same division is how I see it.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:34 PM #10
Thom48363

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgibson87 View Post
Just not enough guys capable or available to play in the same division is how I see it.
gotcha. so whats the closest place that does have psp teams?
Old 06-13-2014, 04:20 PM #11
Cool_Story_Bro

Cool_Story_Bro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Probably down in South Florida. Pensacola Katana plays PSP I think.
Cool_Story_Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:24 PM #12
nickgibson87
I smell virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Story_Bro View Post
Pensacola is due west not south at all brother
Old 06-13-2014, 08:50 PM #13
Cool_Story_Bro

Cool_Story_Bro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I know mayne Just saying Katana might as well too
Cool_Story_Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:09 PM #14
Thom48363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Story_Bro View Post
gotcha so nothing within a few hours...
Old 06-14-2014, 01:06 PM #15
Gleaton1

Haha, honestly I was wanting to know if there were any teams in Jacksonville aswell. I go to school in Brunswick Georgia and I was thinking of traveling down to Jacksonville to play competitively. Oh well, I'll go down to whils and see if something can't happen. If anyone is interested in looking for a team along with me, lemme know. I'll be back in Brunswick in august and probably start playing around the same time.
Gleaton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:27 PM #16
nickgibson87
I smell virgin

Nobody is playing the psp but there are some teams that play regional stuff.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:38 AM #17
pbbliss
Philippians 4:13

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pbbliss plays in the PSP
pbbliss is Legendary
pbbliss supports Empire
pbbliss is All In
pbbliss is All In
Katana is in Panama City. We have a pretty decent program and it's about a 4.5 hour drive due West from Jax.

Jacksonville with it's population should have something, anything, really going on but just doesn't for whatever reasons. Same for the other end of panhandle in Pensacola. But through years of hard work we somehow manage a decent thing in Panama City.
Strange Fan #196
Tampa Bay Damage #63
pbbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:42 PM #18
makaio1990

Try PBa for a solid program coached by Brittany wagoner
makaio1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:06 AM #19
deano 177
jax warriors

Annual Supporting Member
deano 177 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deano 177 posts videos on PbNation
deano 177 plays in the APPA D3 division
deano 177 is Legendary
deano 177 supports Empire
Quote:
kind of disappointing to see drama in the paintball scene but i will be checking out all possible options to continue playing national paintball. i should be in town the week after chicago.
there is no paintball without drama
but yes there has not been a team in jacksonville that has played more than two psp events since 2011. cup is almost a given since it is so close. some teams have been playing cfps and for true xball a lot of guys are doing milp. pckantana has an excellent program and guys will make trips to cfp and tampa for scrimmages.
deano 177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:53 PM #20
McMaster270

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOUl...ature=youtu.be
McMaster270 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups