Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2010, 11:36 AM #1
Captain_Howdy
GET OUTTA MA HEAD CHARLES
 
Captain_Howdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Covington, LA
Captain_Howdy plays in the PSP
Captain_Howdy supports Pev's Paintball
1st round, 1st pick...who do I scoop up?

Ok, originally I was thinking Brees, but then, I reconsidered, thinking it was more of a novelty pick. (I'm from NOLA, huge Saints fan).

So then I was looking at Chris Johnson. I mean, the dude had a 2k+ rushing season last year, and I am concerned that there is no way he's gonna break 2K again this year. Very few, if ANY RBs in the NFL have done that.

So i'm ****ing stuck...Johnson is the "no-brainer" by every NFL analyst out there, but I'm afraid he's gonna be LT in 2007. I got LT in the first round in 2007, after he was coming off a monster season, and he **** the bed.

Ideas? suggestions?
__________________
LA XTREME PAINTBALL
My APPA
Palm Beach Vipers
Captain_Howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2010, 11:37 AM #2
surge101
word
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
Definitely not a quarterback. I would go with Chris Johnson no questions asked.
surge101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:39 AM #3
JJags32MJD
DTWD
 
JJags32MJD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Land of Entrapment
Timothy Tebowski.
JJags32MJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM #4
Fat_Joe
$OG$
 
Fat_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MASSachusetts
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
CJ2k, MJD, or AP. Take your pick.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:44 AM #5
Captain_Howdy
GET OUTTA MA HEAD CHARLES
 
Captain_Howdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Covington, LA
Captain_Howdy plays in the PSP
Captain_Howdy supports Pev's Paintball
I'm thinking AP, or even Ray Rice...

I mean think about it...there is NO f'n way CJ2K is gonna do 2K+ yards this year..

Doesn't mean he still wont be a stud and knock down 1500+, right?

I just don't want to **** this up again and take the "no brainer" who has more to live up to than anyone.
__________________
LA XTREME PAINTBALL
My APPA
Palm Beach Vipers
Captain_Howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:47 AM #6
surge101
word
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
He doesn't have to get 2k+ yards to get you a **** ton of points in fantasy. I mean he obviously isn't a fluke, if he's healthy hes the best running back in this league.
surge101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:48 AM #7
Fat_Joe
$OG$
 
Fat_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MASSachusetts
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
The safe pick would be AP. You know you can almost garauntee 1300+ and 15+ total TDs. Guys coming off 2,000 yard seasons havent fared so well in the past granted its a small sample, and Ray Rice is liekly to suffer some drop in production with the maturation of Flacco and addition of Boldin. MJD is very enticing, he's not in a time share and in a very run first system.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:02 PM #8
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
The safe pick would be AP. You know you can almost garauntee 1300+ and 15+ total TDs. Guys coming off 2,000 yard seasons havent fared so well in the past granted its a small sample, and Ray Rice is liekly to suffer some drop in production with the maturation of Flacco and addition of Boldin. MJD is very enticing, he's not in a time share and in a very run first system.
Don't listen to anything he says, he thinks a player with over 2k yfs is "a flash in the pan". Ray Rice got way fewer touches last year than AP or CJ. He's almost guaranteed to get more rushes this year and is also great at catching the ball out of the backfield. On the flip side, AP isn't likely to catch nearly as much out of the backfield and it looks like Favre isn't coming back so he'll see more men in the box and his rushing average has dropped every year since he got to the league. CJ and RR are your two best bets
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs

Last edited by madgoat : 08-03-2010 at 12:13 PM.
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:21 PM #9
PeYToN-SS
dat fro
 
PeYToN-SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The Danger Zone
PeYToN-SS is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
CJ. He's running behind an insanely good offensive line and VY is his QB so you know they will run the ball every chance they get.
__________________
2011 NMFCF Honey Badger Thread Champion
Team Aircraft Carrier - Chairman of the Brain Trust
PeYToN-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:23 PM #10
Captain_Howdy
GET OUTTA MA HEAD CHARLES
 
Captain_Howdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Covington, LA
Captain_Howdy plays in the PSP
Captain_Howdy supports Pev's Paintball
I mean, let's say CJ2K drops substantially from 2K yards to 1500/11-13TD's...that's still a stud...

So between say, MJD, and RR, who should I get? I mean, yeah AP is sorta tapering off. By no means is his CAREER tapering off, that guy is healthy as hell...he's just not producing like he used to.
__________________
LA XTREME PAINTBALL
My APPA
Palm Beach Vipers
Captain_Howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:29 PM #11
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Howdy View Post
I mean, let's say CJ2K drops substantially from 2K yards to 1500/11-13TD's...that's still a stud...

So between say, MJD, and RR, who should I get? I mean, yeah AP is sorta tapering off. By no means is his CAREER tapering off, that guy is healthy as hell...he's just not producing like he used to.
MJD and RR are very similar players, but I'd take RR because he's younger(probably less wear) and his rushing average was significantly better.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:34 PM #12
Captain_Howdy
GET OUTTA MA HEAD CHARLES
 
Captain_Howdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Covington, LA
Captain_Howdy plays in the PSP
Captain_Howdy supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
MJD and RR are very similar players, but I'd take RR because he's younger(probably less wear) and his rushing average was significantly better.
I'm going with the midset that Flacco is going to have a stellar year this year, with that said, I think the MJD would get more touches than RR.

But on the flip side, MJD is paired up with Willis Magahee...arrgghhh...

Can't make up my mind.
__________________
LA XTREME PAINTBALL
My APPA
Palm Beach Vipers
Captain_Howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:41 PM #13
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Howdy View Post
I'm going with the midset that Flacco is going to have a stellar year this year, with that said, I think the MJD would get more touches than RR.

But on the flip side, MJD is paired up with Willis Magahee...arrgghhh...

Can't make up my mind.
Favre had a great year last year and AP still got a ton of touches. Listen, this whole thing about "flacco having a big year so RR is going to have a down year" just doesn't add up. The ravens offense should be better so both players should have ample opportunities. And when RR rushes this year, he's going to see less 8man fronts because the ravens will have a legitimate passing offense.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:47 PM #14
JJags32MJD
DTWD
 
JJags32MJD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Land of Entrapment
Serious answer, being a Jags fan/semi-homer I would obviously say MJD. We are a run first team, and our line has gotten progressively better. He is hard to take down, and once he gets going if he ever breaks through the second level you can say goodbye. He's also an incredible TD machine.

As for RR, he would be my second choice. Very similar to MJD as madgoat stated. He will be more productive than AP I'm not to sure how thier line is this year though.

With AP you always have to worry about his health and his fumbling. He will surely get more carries this year if Favre doesn't actually come back. That means more chance to get some points, but also more of a chance of fumbling/injury.

And CJ, he's a crapshoot. He deffinitely won't come close to 2000 yards this year but I do see him getting around 12-1300 barring he stays healthy. Towards the end of the season last year, teams were figuring out ways to slow him down. Most defenses will be better prepared for him this season.
JJags32MJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:49 PM #15
surge101
word
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Florida
surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
Brett Favre
/thread.
surge101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:53 PM #16
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJags32MJD View Post
Serious answer, being a Jags fan/semi-homer I would obviously say MJD. We are a run first team, and our line has gotten progressively better. He is hard to take down, and once he gets going if he ever breaks through the second level you can say goodbye. He's also an incredible TD machine.

As for RR, he would be my second choice. Very similar to MJD as madgoat stated. He will be more productive than AP I'm not to sure how thier line is this year though.

With AP you always have to worry about his health and his fumbling. He will surely get more carries this year if Favre doesn't actually come back. That means more chance to get some points, but also more of a chance of fumbling/injury.

And CJ, he's a crapshoot. He deffinitely won't come close to 2000 yards this year but I do see him getting around 12-1300 barring he stays healthy. Towards the end of the season last year, teams were figuring out ways to slow him down. Most defenses will be better prepared for him this season.
CJ rushed for 1200 yards his rookie year whilst basically splitting carries with LenWhale. He's almost certain to get 1500 this year barring injury.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:58 PM #17
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah
 
black_angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Great State of Iowa
AD will probably be getting more carries this year with Favre not returning, but the fumbleitis thing doesn't help, especially when he fumbles on should-have-been touchdown plays.
__________________
Iowa Hawkeyes
Miami Hurricanes
Washington Redskins
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:03 PM #18
Fat_Joe
$OG$
 
Fat_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MASSachusetts
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
Favre had a great year last year and AP still got a ton of touches. Listen, this whole thing about "flacco having a big year so RR is going to have a down year" just doesn't add up. The ravens offense should be better so both players should have ample opportunities. And when RR rushes this year, he's going to see less 8man fronts because the ravens will have a legitimate passing offense.

Ray Rice: 2,041 total yards 8 total TDs
Adrian Peterson: 1,819 total yards 18 total TDs



Now, I dont know how you keep score in your league, but when 222 yards = 10 TDs, LMK. Until then, AP > Rice
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:13 PM #19
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
Ray Rice: 2,041 total yards 8 total TDs
Adrian Peterson: 1,819 total yards 18 total TDs



Now, I dont know how you keep score in your league, but when 222 yards = 10 TDs, LMK. Until then, AP > Rice
Let me break it down for you. 2 years ago, McClain got to poach TD's from McGahee and last year he was ****. Last year, McGahee got to poach TD's from RR. I'm pretty damn sure that won't continue.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:17 PM #20
Fat_Joe
$OG$
 
Fat_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MASSachusetts
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat View Post
Let me break it down for you. 2 years ago, McClain got to poach TD's from McGahee and last year he was ****. Last year, McGahee got to poach TD's from RR. I'm pretty damn sure that won't continue.
Why not? Rice obviously isnt their primary goal line guy, so with all the pieces still intact from last year why would they all of a sudden change that? I'd also expect alot more passing in the redzone as well with Boldin there.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:13 PM #21
backplayer999
I lioke tortles
 
backplayer999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: santa barbara,CA
 has been a member for 10 years
To
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

You'd rather cry
I'd rather fly
backplayer999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump