PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 PM #1
Noltez
Ψ

First Mod; Kingman short button swap

The easiest mod ever. 1 screw, remove and replace. Reduces accidental magazine ejection. Do this on a table, as parts will fall out during the swap.

The original release button, sitting a few millimeters above the grip;

Remove #1 Phillips screw. When you do this, the actual lock slide will drop out the back;

Remove button. A small spring will be found underneath. This spring pushes the button back out, and through the screw, pulls the mag lock back in. Here is the original button compared to the new, and the lock mechanism to the side;

Use your finger to hold the magazine lock piece up from underneath, and place the button back over the spring. Tighten with original phillips screw. Here is the new profile of the release button;

That's it! Thanks to John S. @ Kingman for getting the button out to me.

Before;

After;

....▪Young Players "Making Money" FAQ
....▪General Shipping Costs Guide & FAQ

Last edited by Noltez : 08-28-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Noltez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2010, 08:16 PM #2
CNYpaintballer

Very nice and easy mod. Something I will have to do being left handed. Do you by chance have a part number for that or should I just contact them about it????
CNYpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 PM #3
Noltez
Ψ

I can certainly see how LH players would want a smaller button. The ball of your palm would be in direct contact with the button.

There's no part numbers required. Contact Kingman through their website at this address;

http://www.kingman.com/section/contact_us/index.html

Tell them about your situation and that you'd like the low profile button.

If I find a stronger spring, I'll be sure to make mention of it here along with a part number and supplier.

....▪Young Players "Making Money" FAQ
....▪General Shipping Costs Guide & FAQ
Noltez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:12 PM #4
CNYpaintballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noltez View Post
I can certainly see how LH players would want a smaller button. The ball of your palm would be in direct contact with the button.

There's no part numbers required. Contact Kingman through their website at this address;

http://www.kingman.com/section/contact_us/index.html

Tell them about your situation and that you'd like the low profile button.

If I find a stronger spring, I'll be sure to make mention of it here along with a part number and supplier.
Cool man. Yea, left handed is my strong side for firing. I tried it out before buying from a friend and I released the clip twice. Gotta do something about that. Thank you for the link.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:50 PM #5
CNYpaintballer

Contacted them via that link and the have already shipped the new button out. Now that is customer service
Old 08-28-2010, 05:25 PM #6
CNYpaintballer

I just did this mod this morning, didn't even need to pull all those parts out. Used a magnetic screw driver and just switched the buttons on it and screwed it back down. IT works great.

Before I would drop the clip ever 4 or 5 shots now I went thru 3 clips without dropping at all.

A small forum I run. Check it out:
http://www.garageretreat.com/forums/