PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-01-2010, 09:46 PM #1
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
Movies/Commercials NOT portaying safety properly

A disturbing trend in TV and Hollywood is a lack of realism. First it's people in the wrong style of hospital bed on House and him using his cane in the wrong hand. That kind of detail bothers me, but now we're talking about real safety stuff.

I was watching "Failure to Launch" with the wife tonight.
There's a scene where they go play paintball.
In the staging area - no barrel bags, fully loaded markers and someone gets shot in the foot. People waving markers around like it's no big deal.

They enter the field, masks on the top of their heads, the whistle blows and then they put their masks on, during the game people are pulling their masks off.
Afterward they pull them off immediately after the game ends, not after they pass the netting.

There was also someone sitting on the bleachers (drinking beer) and waving a marker around.

The other example is the recent beer commercial with the air strike. Guys are wearing the same glasses I put on when I'm drilling a hole or cutting wood with a circular saw. Basically no protection at all.

I understand they're trying to get a shot where you can see people's faces but someone could think that's ok when you play and pay the price.

Just wanted to express my dismay. The only real solution is to keep an eye out for newbs doing dumb stuff like that and keep them educated and safe. Of course, any injury on the paintball field could end paintball for everyone at that field.
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
aerosaaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:52 PM #2
*S*M*A*S*H*
^

lol
*S*M*A*S*H* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:24 PM #3
NightNightSucka

NightNightSucka owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NightNightSucka owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
lol
NightNightSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:20 PM #4
Tairance
Field Owner

Tairance owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Tairance has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Tairance has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Tairance is attending Decay of Nations VI
Heres a good image of what paintball is really like; Lets run around with snowboard googles or better yet without a mask at all and throw people off towers

I still can't figure out why paintball has such a bad name and is looked at qas being a super unsafe sport.

contact@northsidepaintball.com
www.northsidepaintball.com

Georgina Rebels 2012 MXL
Tairance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:31 PM #5
Xal
Red Text

Xal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Xal posts videos on PbNation
Xal has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal is attending Decay of Nations VI
Same with Big Bang Theory, it shows them wear all kinds of crazy plastic chest protectors and stuff, but then they just have the goggles on and they take them off a lot randomly. I guess I understand the reason they do that for movies and tv shows is because it's a controlled environment and they want to be able to see the characters faces or something. Still every time I see paintball on tv/movies I say "cool" quickly followed up by a "YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT"
Xal is offline   Reply With Quote