Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-13-2010, 01:57 AM #22
krupasjeans
happy day

I use the Shure E2's and they ****ed the headphone jack on my Ipod twice now. Can only hear the right channel now, looks like I'm going to have to replace it again.

Try something else other than Shure.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-13-2010, 03:19 PM #23
inuyasharox4776
Its fun to do bad things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupasjeans View Post
I use the Shure E2's and they ****ed the headphone jack on my Ipod twice now. Can only hear the right channel now, looks like I'm going to have to replace it again.

Try something else other than Shure.
The headphone jack on your ipod isn't the problem, it's the headphone jack to your shures. The wires are frayed, I'm willing to bet you wrap your headphones around your ipod. There's a reason that Shure gives you a case for your headphones.
inuyasharox4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:43 PM #24
GlittermekaiN
Propah Noize

GlittermekaiN has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The jack on the iPod is actually more than likely the culprit. My iPod jack went out because of wrapping the cord around it. Headphones tested fine on other things.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:36 PM #25
Coop8891

get the new bose headphones for like 70$ they are noise cancelling and sound awesome
Coop8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:14 PM #26
snprgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop8891 View Post
get the new bose headphones for like 70$ they are noise cancelling and sound awesome
for the price bose sound horrible.
snprgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:18 AM #27
krupasjeans
happy day

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasharox4776 View Post
The headphone jack on your ipod isn't the problem, it's the headphone jack to your shures. The wires are frayed, I'm willing to bet you wrap your headphones around your ipod. There's a reason that Shure gives you a case for your headphones.

Let us clarify. When I plug my Ipod into my home stereo now, the sound only comes out of right channel of speakers. When I plug my headphones into a CD player, both left and right channels on the earbuds work fine.

Well, at least it's only a 4$ repair. Headphone jack

Now I need to seriously consider investing in either a new pair of earbuds or a new MP3 player. Decisions decisions....

Last edited by krupasjeans : 08-14-2010 at 12:20 AM.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:37 AM #28
POOTYTANG_is_a_PIMP
1337 CR3W

has been a member for 10 years
I looked into the Klipsh s4's. They seem to be getting very positive reviews so i bought em online. I'll let you guys know how they are when i get em.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:58 AM #29
psyco_fade (Banned)

psyco_fade has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psyco_fade has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
They're so comfortable, they start to feel like a part of your ear once you've been wearing them for a while.
psyco_fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:56 AM #30
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhops0620 View Post
Well, my skullcandys broke again for the 4th or 5th time over a period of about two years, and I'm looking to get a new pair of earbuds. I'm not an audiophile, so the quality doesn't have to be amazing, just decent. My pair of Skullcandy smokin buds was just fine in sound quality, the problem was just the wire breaking where the wire connects to the jack. I'm not rough with my earbuds, I try to take care of them for the most part but the wire breaking in Skullcandy's seems to be a common problem. I'm willing to spend up to $60, any suggestions?

Also, I'm willing to try other Skullcandys, Ive heard about the FMJ and titanium, but I don't know much about them or if they are any more durable.

EDIT: I actually own the smokin buds, not ink'd
Firstly, don't get Skullcandy's ever again. They suck. Stay away from anything they have or put out. Cheap components, sucky EQ, and overall utterly useless headphones. The sound quality on my $20 pair of Sony headphones completely owned the Titans. And every single pair of Skullcandys I have had broke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyco_fade View Post
Well, if you're willing to spend a little more than $60, then get a pair of Klipsch Image S4s. They're literally the best headphones you can get for under $100. In some of the reviews about them, people say that they sound just as good as headphones that cost twice as much.
This is legit. Klipsch makes some damn good headphones. They have the best warranty ever too. If they break, just send them back and they will give you a new pair for free. No questions asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snprgy View Post
for the price bose sound horrible.
They are incredibly overrated.
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:48 AM #31
Nah 85
- muted -

Nah 85 supports Team VICIOUS
i got a pair of new marshmellows. not exactly what im looking for. pm me if u want them cheap
Old 08-18-2010, 11:13 PM #32
POOTYTANG_is_a_PIMP
1337 CR3W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nah 85 View Post
i got a pair of new marshmellows. not exactly what im looking for. pm me if u want them cheap
what's wrong with them? they sound better the more u use them
Old 08-19-2010, 12:03 AM #33
Nah 85
- muted -

Nah 85 supports Team VICIOUS
Im hard of hearing so the bass is too much.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:07 AM #34
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nah 85 View Post
Im hard of hearing so the bass is too much.
Try using the "Bass Reducer" EQ setting is you use an ipod. That may resolve the issue. Treble booster also (technically) reduces the bass, but only relatively as it also makes another channel higher.
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:27 PM #35
POOTYTANG_is_a_PIMP
1337 CR3W

So i got the Klipsh S4's. They are freaking amazing. I was amazed how balanced all of the sound is. It produces such a nice bass while giving extremely detailed highs. Well worth the money
Old 08-23-2010, 11:51 PM #36
tuna

I've had these Sennhesiers before and for $35 you can't go wrong.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-CX3.../ref=pd_cp_e_2

Other than that I currently have a pair of Etymotic ER6i that you can sometimes get for under $70. I'm convinced that they are the most precise headphones you can get for under $200, but I wouldn't recommend them for you, the bass is actually a little weak. Everything else is sooo sharp though.
tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:36 PM #37
dave3066

dave3066 helped look for balloons
dave3066 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Skullcandy is terrible. I just had my 3rd pair of smokin buds break. My skullcandy hesh headphones were also complete junk. I'll be picking the sennheiser cx300's up soon

Clean RL Timmy with a Gatwrap - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4010120
dave3066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:50 PM #38
peppelepugh
PINKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annual Supporting Member
peppelepugh supports Cereal Killerz 2
V-Moda Vibe!!!! i picked some up BNIB on ebay for like 20-40 (depending on color and model) Great bass and comfy! i ran about 8 miles and forgot i was wearing them!!!
ULE Automag w/ ULE Body, ULT, X-Valve, Lvl 10 bolt, Y-frame, and custom milled rail
Fully CCM'd Orange Prostock
002 of 011 Alpha Dogs Edition J4 Torque
Alpha Dogs
WTB 86* CCM Slider Frame PM ME
peppelepugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:37 PM #39
BUZZ3D
Lockdown

BUZZ3D owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BUZZ3D supports Team VICIOUS
BUZZ3D is for the Gunfight
BUZZ3D supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhops0620 View Post
Well, my skullcandys broke again for the 4th or 5th time over a period of about two years, and I'm looking to get a new pair of earbuds. I'm not an audiophile, so the quality doesn't have to be amazing, just decent. My pair of Skullcandy smokin buds was just fine in sound quality, the problem was just the wire breaking where the wire connects to the jack. I'm not rough with my earbuds, I try to take care of them for the most part but the wire breaking in Skullcandy's seems to be a common problem. I'm willing to spend up to $60, any suggestions?

Also, I'm willing to try other Skullcandys, Ive heard about the FMJ and titanium, but I don't know much about them or if they are any more durable.

EDIT: I actually own the smokin buds, not ink'd
I have owned 7 pairs of skull candy headphones and I have finally given up on them. 3 pairs of "Smokin Buds" and 4 pairs of Titanium ones, I have the same problem with all of them of the wire breaking or the wiring coming out of the bud itself. Try a pair of Bose headphones, AMAZING!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:45 PM #40
tuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZ3D View Post
I have owned 7 pairs of skull candy headphones and I have finally given up on them. 3 pairs of "Smokin Buds" and 4 pairs of Titanium ones, I have the same problem with all of them of the wire breaking or the wiring coming out of the bud itself. Try a pair of Bose headphones, AMAZING!
LOL, trolling, or just stupid? Its fun when its hard to tell.
tuna is offline   Reply With Quote